Hostel Ljubicica Reviews

Mula Mustafe Baseskije 65, Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

I stayed in the block away from the main reception up a steep hill. the rooms were ok but the kitchen area was grotty i wouldnt cook there. and there was one bathroom for i dont know how many people. u would be waiting over and hr for the bathroom in the morning. The rooms next to the main reception are a lot better as the area was nicer and there had more showers and toilets. so if u stay here ask to be put there.

I guess you get what you pay for! I knew that I would be taken up the hill to a different location from reading prior reviews (though that maybe should be made explicitly clear on the information page) and was taken to a tiny 6-bed dorm. The bottom bunk I was in had hardly any room when the person on the top bunk was lying down. The toilet seat didn't stay up and there was no toilet paper the first morning. Other people were friendly and it was pretty secure as a place.

For such a high-rated hostel, you wouldnt expect people at the reception speaking almost no English, so small toilets that it's almost impossible to get in there and overall dogginess of the place. It is suitable for travellers with very low expectations.

Although the building is old and janky, this hostel has one of the best atmospheres I have stayed in in a long time. Plus with rooms for only 5 euros it really is a good value for money, considering how perfect the location is. The woman at the desk is beyond sweet and helpful, and they organize lots of things through the hostel - free walking tour twice a day, minibus shuttle to Belgrade for 40km (20euros), tours around the city. So if you can get over feeling a little grimy, it's def worth it.

The staff are the absolute stand-outs of his hostel. They ran their own walking tour, postponing the start as they insisted we have breakfast first! Also offered a great war tour (which we all did and loved) and organised bus tickets to Mostar. They went out of their way at every opportunity. Just brilliant!

I'd stay here again - the best atmosphere of any hostel I visited in the Balkans. Accommodation is split into two locations - one opposite Pigeon Square with common areas + kitchen, another up a hill. I was by the square and it was perfect - apparently the hill isn't the safest, maybe go in a group. The walking tour (pay by tip) and tunnel tour were both excellent. For any normal human being the toilets are uncomfortably small. But, the staff are great and this is genuinely good value.

The owners were really helpful and friendly, they us use the common room and the showers after we checked out. They offer a free daily walking tour of Sarajevo (paid in tips) which was a good crash-course in the history of the place. Some of the rooms are like 10 minutes from the reception, and up a hill in not the safest part of town (shouldn't be a problem if you're in a group). The common room area was filled with other travelers and a good place to meet.

Extremely friendly staff and excellent location! Great place to start your vacation! The room was really clean. Only complaint is for bathroom and insufficient number of parking places. Everything else was more than great!

This hostel is in a great location right beside the main square and is excellent value for money. The staff are very helpful - they let us use their parking space for our car so we didn't have to pay for parking. Unfortunately the toilets aren't the cleanest and are a bit small. There is a good atmosphere in the common area but the noise kept us awake quite late into the night.

The receptionist was really nice and the walking tour offered by the hostel as well. However, the toilets were too dirty and there were a few spiders everywhere. The room was not bad, but there was no Ac. The hostel is 3 min from the city center, but it is not at the address shown here. It's a bit further on a hill. A bit hard to here there by car.

Ask to be put in the main area with is directly east one door from the check in desk. It's through the gate in the back. Ask where the wifi is and they'll point you to the location. Don't stay anywhere else here. It's an infirmary.

When we turned up at the main reception we had no idea where the rooms would be. Turns out they're spread out across old town. It's a wonderful opportunity to see the city. There is also a central common room if you want to meet people and make plans. I cannot give high enough praise for the staff. They all had your best interests at heart and tried to do everything they could to make your stay worthwhile. This is without a doubt the best place to stay in Sarajevo.

The owners of the hostel were two lovely ladies, I felt like at home and I didn't even want to leave!!! Location is great and atmosphere as well!

Great hostel for the price. The bathroom floor was constantly wet to the point of flooding due to showers. The two toilets in the shower room are difficult to use. The bathroom in a separate corner is fine. The facilities are definitely manageable. there are people staying up in the living room at night. All of these people were friendly but it could be challenging to sleep. Bring earplugs and an eye mask to sleep and it will be fine

Very basic but fun to have stayed at this hostel

Good value for money, nothing more. Rooms are very small, but youcannot expect much more for 5 euros, so I was overally satisfied.

This hostel is by far the best option in Sarajevo.The atmosphere is great, the staff are lovely and helpful (even if the information given is often incorrect), and the cleanliness of the place is top notch.I would however say that the toilets are far to small, and the kitchen could do with a few more working stoves and utensils.

A really nice hostel with extremely friendly staff. However, the room was located up the hill but it is a good excercise ;) It is located in the middle of the center. I recommend Hostel Ljubicica for everyone!

Wifi could be improved , but the rest is perfect

The hostel was nice mainly because of the people that were staying here. Met lots of nice fellow traveller's here. Also the hostel dorms were ok. I wouldn't say they were really clean but average. The only thing I could not accept about this hostel was the fact that they lied about free laundry. When I asked for laundry they charged me 15 marks which is around 7.5 euros and that's a lot of money. So guys please be aware that when they see free laundry in their description it isn't true.