Hostel Ljubicica Reviews

Mula Mustafe Baseskije, 65 Basèar, Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Great time hanging out in the common room, but the 21 bed room is really terrible. You know, the cheapest in town!

It was guite a surprise that the given address of the Hostel was only a Travel Agency at the main square. We had to walk like 10 minutes to the other side of the river to get our rooms. It was on a hill with a wonderful view, though. So it turned to be a good deal at the end :)

Good location, good atmosphere, nice view, we met nice people there! It was perfect for us!

Great hostel and very friendly staff who went out of their way to help us

Be warned that although the central accomodation office is very central in sarajevo (right near foundtain) we ended up in a dorm which was a 15 minute walk from the centre. Not a big deal , but just weren't expecting this.

You do a very great job ! Thanks for everything ! Just one thing : internet is a bit slow...

• 26th Jul 2013

This hostel is great value for money. Pros: The dorms weren't too warm to sleep, the wifi works, there's hot water, it's only a minute's walk to the historical city center with loads of restaurants, bars and shops. Cons: No water between midnight and 5:00 AM, the computers in the common room are too slow even for simple web browsing.

• 21st Jul 2013

it was really near from the center and not expensive at all, perfect for people travelling without money, but my room was a 14 persons room without windows, that was not great, a lot of noise, you can smoke inside and all that stuff. if you want a place calm (but more expensive) it's not there you want to come, but if you are a cheap traveller who don't care of that kind of stuff it will be good ! it depends the way you want to travel !

Great hostel. Very good for the price. The staff were helpful when we wanted to book buses for onward travels. Decor a bit dated and the hostel is spread out over the city with separate rooms. I can't complain and they were very nice.

Among the many benefits that Hostel Ljubicica offers is that it is one of the cleanest hostel facilities I have ever visited in the hostel spectrum of Eastern Europe. The bathrooms, the rooms, lobby, etc. are all frequently cleaned, dusted and fresh-smelling. Another unique quality of Ljubicica is that it features a downstairs bar and lobby open for drinks and eats. Personally, the highlight of my stay was hostel owner Markos, story teller and espresso maker extraordinaire.

The location was great, but the bathrooms are too small for even my small frame. The entire hostel smelled of feet.

The staff is the best thing in this hostel. Very very dirty, people use kitchen and no clean things.

the bathroom wasn't very clean, and the floor was wet all the time. The kitchen seemed a little missy and dirty. the staff was very kind and helpful though.

It's basic, the beds are a little damp and some of the rooms are far away from the hostel in buildings in residential neighborhoods with no hostel atmosphere but it's cheap. I wouldn't stay there again but if all you want is a cheap place to lay your head it's passable.

6-bed mixed rooms' location is perfect (just one step away from Bascarsija, where is the center of Sarajevo).However,we made a booking for 3-single bed room but stayed at 4-bed room (2 bunks), which was about 10-min away from the center with a 5-min-walk up-hill.And it was quite hard to walk on this small hill to reach our room with luggages (especially it was tiring for my mom and sis). Plus, there was no wi-fi there. At the reception,there was a friendly lady who helped us whenever we needed.

Looks as if a bomb had fallen on it one week ago... And we love it! Perfect hostel if you are young and don't really need a modern place. Nice staff, comfortable place, just go there an enjoy it.

Location is perfect, staff is very friendly and helpful!atmosphere was authentic! I definetly recommmend you to stay there! Very reasonable price for location! I only wish toilet cabins were bigger,you cant move when you close the door:) otherwise i would stay there again if i go back!!

I stayed in the "dorm," which is not in theism building but across the river and up the hill.

• 4th Jul 2013

Stuff were nice and kind:-)

I arrived very late to this hostel and all I wanted was to arrive and go directly to bed. There was smoking in the office and in the common areas. There was also excessive and loud conversations that filtered directly into the room. And, even with earplugs I could still hear the noise. And also smell the awful smoke. Though everyone was very helpful, I don't think this hostel is comparable to the others that could easily be found around the city center. My suggestion: NO SMOKING NEAR ROOMS.