Hostel Ljubicica Reviews

Mula Mustafe Baseskije 65, Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Really close to Biscarsija, the staff was great and friendly. Recommended for backpacker.

Very pleasant hosts, cheap, clean and very comfy beds, excellent location. Not so sound proof rooms but I am a heavy sleeper!

It's really not the cleanest hostel, but it's cheap and in the center of Sarajevo's old town. It was surprisingly cozy (just ignore the funny smell). We'd all stay there again.

People smoked inside, not in the rooms but in the lobby so it wa really smelly. Except for that, the staff did good job in trying to keep it clean. For the price it was really good.

Best hostel I stayed at. Incredibly cheap, great location and wonderful atmosphere. The two ladies who run it try so hard to make your trip memorable, constantly mothering and helping you even with their limited English. Stay there!

excellent location, comfortable beds, friendly and helpful staff. couldn't have asked for more and the cheapest hostel in town. highly recommended

• 14th Sep 2015
  • New Zealand

Great location, but the downside is that you get the noise from a neighbouring bar. Hygiene facilities could've been more practical. Comfy beds. Serious lack of power sockets. Glad it was quiet when I went otherwise the whole dorm would've been scrambling over the two available sockets. Good kitchen if you want to cook.

Super great friendly staff, you can literally ask them anything about Sarajevo and even Bosnia. They help you organise tours and getting out of Sarajevo. Nice chill common space, and decent kitchen. As mentioned in other reviews the bathrooms aren't great, but they were always clean and I never had to que even when the place was full.

I stayed in the rooms next to the office so the location couldn't be any better. However my room was tiny and very cluttered with the worst smell ever hitting me as I walked in- dank and mouldy. The toilets are ridiculous as you've been warned... but I found the staff really nice and there's a really great common area. I should note that someone I met that stayed there had all his valuables and passport stolen from his room as the security isn't really that great.

It is dirty, noisy, with 1 toilette for 24 people, and the location is not the one showed on the webpage.

The location is decietful, since the office is in front of the Basarcija, but the actual rooms are not. Its a 5-10 min walk up the hill from there. The actual building is in average conditions and with an unsettling vibe. 1 bathroom for 24 people. It didnt feel very safe. The sheets where old and stained. With the extra CITY TAX that no one mentions the price went up by 30%.

The staff in the hostel was well qualified and informed us about everything. The only downside was that the bed were not numbered so some people quarrel at night that sb touched their bed or even sleep in it.

Great value for money! U can meet up with friendly people from all over the world. The staff is kind and helpful. Location is excellent. The bathroom is quite dirty.

staff is perfect. they are very good people. but rooms are very bad. very little. there is no soup in the bathroom. not clean. location is very good. in the center. if you are a student or dont have enough money you can stay here

the staff was very helpful! we booked the 21 room dorm, which was overbooked so they moved us to a 6 bed dorm. actual good, but they also moved us to a new house which was a 10 minutes walk away from the original place up the hill. the room itself was okay, but the bath was very old and (in my opinion) not cleaned the two days as stayed there. yeah you get what you pay: the room was only 5 euro per night.

The hostel is close to the city centre, but they made us climb a hill to get to our room. We knew about that, but it is still a lot with your backpacks. Bathroom wasn't that clean, and the showers leaked to the floor. The kitchen was small and dirty. The old man (one of the owners I guess) slept in a room at a time with the guests, which is uncomfortable.

The reception is in one locale, main hostel in the next gate, 21 beds room (3 floors beds) 10 minutes further. No interaction with the reception but it's not a problem. Not bad common area. Laundry costs 7.5€. Rooms are small. No privacy in a super small bathrooms. You can't settle your affairs calmly sitting because the doors are too close to the knees when you close them. Anyway, you can't be requiring if you pay 5€ per night ;) They only accept BAM currency.

Really nice lady at reception, but as mentioned in other reviews the rooms are quite far away. Ours were up a large hill which meant it was hard to go between our room and sights. No lockers in the room which meant no security at all. One bathroom for 24 beds was also restrictive. I'd pay more for a better locations and better facilities next time.

The location is amazing, the layout is great and the atmosphere is friendly and laid-back. The staff are a nice local family. I really liked this hostel a lot, for sure the one and only problem is the toilet situation: two of the toiletes are so small you have to walk in backwards and basically stand, while the third is too big and doesn't have a lock so you can't hold the door closed-it's pretty absurd. But on the whole a great place and for sure the only hostel I would choose

Nice cozy place. No airconditioning thought. But the rooms were cool and the people very friendly!

• 9th Aug 2015