Hostel Lodi Reviews

Via Oristano, 14, Rome, Italy

Despite being a bit far from the city center and smelling a bit sour, Hotel Lodi has the best, most welcoming staff ever. The complimentary Italian breakfast is simply amazing, and they will even make special coffee drinks for you and bring it out! Thanks Hotel Lodi for making my stay so wonderful.

• 14th Apr 2014

The warmest and most hospitable staff so far!

We appreciated the fact that this hotel was quiet - but of course this happens not only from the hotel but the considerate behaviour of other guests. A really nice thing was having breakfast out in the garden. A member of the staff directed us to an excellent restaurant a few minutes walk away - which served lovely seafood.

• 10th Apr 2014

As Roma is a historical city, there are not many subway stations, not many super markets. But I saved money except for tickets of museums, etc. All staff kindly answered to me any questions. Thanks.

I traveled all around the world: this hostel is definitely one of the best I have stayed until now! Its pros and cons are: + very clean, + extremely friendly staff, + very safe, + well located, + real breakfast that is served in the morning, + daily room service even for dorms, + beautiful villa and garden, - one of the rooms can be a little noisy at night (I stayed in two different rooms), - no wild party hostel, - very good kitchen, however big cooking is not allowed, - internet can be slow

While it is a 15 minute walk from the nearest Metro, this hostel is worth the walk. The staff were fantastic and gave us lots of good information about the sights, places to eat and transport. The breakfast is really good and sitting in the garden soaking up the sun each morning over coffee was an ideal start to the day. The room we were in had a good bathroom but was a little small. Would definitely be back.

Great staff, very helpful. The beds were also fine. About the location, I highly recommend this one instead of hostels near the train station. An average breakfast. Bad things: you are not allowed to cook, even if there is a kitchen there, and only one key for each room.

We had e really great time in the Hotel Lodi! The people there are really nice, they give really good advices to you to visit Roma. And they are always ready to help! We enjoyed a lot!

Had very good time in this hostel, the staff are very friendly and attentive and the rooms are comfortable as well. Definitely recommended!

This was such a great hostel that I will definitely be coming back when visiting Rome. The staff was super friendly and inviting. The rooms were clean, and the breakfast was great. Ali was super nice and even taught us cultural lessons about Italy. Definitely a great stay!

I really liked this hostel as soon as I walked in, clean and well made beds, all day long coffee/tea/food facilities... However, I was quite annoyed on the second day when I had to move to the different place. (They didnt really say why we had to move). The staff and I had a misscommunication and we had to carry our heavy luggages in the morning to the another place when they clearly said they were going to do it instead of us.. No appology but gave us 'just do it' attitude. I was dissapointed.

Basic small hostel. Clean facilities and rooms. I went in mid-December and the hostel was basically empty. The free breakfast in the morning is awesome and the computers are free.

The bathroom a little bit older and very small !!! Bad smell and the wall very wet !!!

Everything was great, the room, the staff, breakfast. We really enjoyed our stay. It was a little bit far from the metro station but it was a totally acceptable walking distance. There's a really nice bar near the hostel called Stone Ages if you want to have a beer and get something to eat at night ;)

While the hostel was not in the most exciting neighborhood, it was close to a metro stop that makes getting around very easy. The staff was all very friendly and the free breakfast was great! We also got some great restaurant recommendations that were just around the corner.

• 14th Nov 2013

Very nice friendly staff. And garden with orange trees just amazing.

• 13th Nov 2013
  • Russia

The owner made my stay in Rome great! As soon as I checked in he gave me a very tourist-friendly map, showed me all the key locations I'd want to visit, and told me how to get there through public transport. He was very knowledgeable about the city. A light breakfast is provided every morning, as well as computers if you need to look something up. I'd bring earplugs, because the traffic outside starts to get noisy around 6am.