Hostel Lodi Reviews

Via Oristano, 14, Rome, Italy

A cosy little hostel which reminded me more of a house. Very friendly welcome and lovely staff throughout our whole stay. Although this hostel is a little out of the main centre of Rome, once you get your bearings of the train/bus system, it's actually very easy. And it's a nice walk to the train station along suburban streets. Loved waking up to the Delish croissant selection and coffee aromas! Amazing free breakfast.

Loved the free breakfast. The location suited me awesomely, it was close enough to the metro and bus stops but not right in the centre so I could actually buy food and clothes at non tourist prices :)

It was too far out of the center of Rome, so I felt safer taking taxis than the night buses when coming home late which really added up.

Friendly staff who gave perfect tips for sight seeing and going out. This saved us the two hour line up for the Colloseum !!! Just perfect!

Free breakfast was great, mainly pastry, juice and tea/coffee. Like all hostels in Rome need to get trains into central part of Rome but the metro was only a 10-15 min walk away. We had a 4 person dorm, more like an old hotel room with extra beds chucked in, had a bathroom to just the four of us but didn't seem the hotel/hostel cleaned it everyday. Overall positive experience.

I can't say enough good things about Hotel Lodi. Very clean, quiet enough for sleeping, and the garden outside is lovely to relax in. Most importantly the staff were extremely helpful. Upon arrival I was given a map and several tips on how to make the most of my short stay in Rome. At the end of my stay I became ill, and Ali did everything he could to make my stay easier, including preparing a breakfast after hours and carrying my bags upstairs when I had to change rooms. Definitely recommended!

• 1st Jul 2014

All together it was a really nice stay, the staff was very helpful and happy to give Insider-Tips. Absolutely recommendable!

Hostel Lodi has great staffs and provide me the information what I need. Although there are many mosquitoes at night in the garden, they won't be inside house. We r safe here :) I stayed in 4 mixed dome and it has private shower room/ toilet, that's so good! Breakfast included and nice. I will consider to stay in hostel Lodi again when I visit Rome.

Wonderfull place located just outside the center. Clean and friendly. Tasty Breakfast served in the lovely little garden.

I am a traveller from India and was on an 8 day tour of Italy. I spent 3 nights in hostel lodi and it was an amazing stay. The staff is very friendly and gave me excellent directions to get around the city. The hostel is situated a little out of the city but the connectivity is superb and it's easy to get around. The rooms were clean and the breakfast was also good. The garden area is amazing and a good place to meet and chit chat with other travellers. Would definitely come back! :)

• 28th Jun 2014
  • India

The hostel desk, especially Ali, was very helpful, and mapped out a route for us to cover most of the city's highlights, especially since we were there for a very short time. The hostel rooms are spacious and clean. The only suggestion would be to add a washing machine/dryer, since they seem to have the space and it would be more convenient for travelers rather than depending on third-party laundry service providers. Located at 10 minute walk to metro station, so it was very convenient.

Hostel Lodi was superb! The staff was kind, courteous, and always very helpful. The rooms were spacious and very nice. The breakfast in the garden each morning was wonderful! I would highly recommend Hostel Lodi and hope to make it back again some day!

I'm travelling all of Europe for 3 years and it was the best hostel i've ever seen. As you read the other comments, yes location is far from touristic area. But you can go there by bus or metro (these stations's distance are 7-8 min by walk) BUT APART FROM THAT hostel lodi has awesome staff. You'll see on the wall which taken some achievement certificate from hostelworld.com company. Great garden, perfect breakfast, clean rooms. Especially you wont break up from the garden:) thanks for evrythng

Hotel Lodi is about a 30 min walk to the colliseum, but a 10 min walk from the metro. Despite the distance, the room was superb, and the staff was even more amazing! Upon arrival they offered us water and helped us plan out a 3 day itinerary without even asking knowing that Rome can be overwhelming with all the attractions to see. They have us great tips on saving money and the best places to eat and pick up Gelato. We will definitely come back if we are ever in Rome again, thank you!!!

Great stay. Super nice staff... :)

Had a wonderful stay! The staff is amazing, the rooms are clean and they have a beautiful garden where you can have your breakfast. It is close to Termini train station and three buses around the corner can get you where ever you want to go in the city!

This Hostel's winning formula gets you the moment you start talking to the staff. I showed up in the middle of/sort of on the tail end of being sick, and the staff here made sure my stay was still as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. Breakfast is epically awesome. The garden is beautiful. Staff knows the ins and outs of the city and the transportation. Need info, just ask! Downsides aren't as bad as they seem: Transit isn't that far, and security isn't an issue since they know clients.

Great hostel. Staff is so friendly and welcoming. Very clean facilities. Breakfast is great, consists of 2 croissants, juice, and a hot beverage. Even better enjoyed in the garden! The only possible negative is that it's about a 15-20 minute walk to the nearest metro- I personally didn't mind but it's something worth noting. Located in a very quiet, safe area. Definitely recommended.

Keep up the good work.

Wonderful free breakfast with a wonderful and very helpful staff. There's also an adorable garden to relax in. Great hostel to make home base as you travel the wonders of Rome.