Hostel Lodi Reviews

Via Oristano, 14, Rome, Italy

I stayed the four bed dorm. It has lockers which require a small lock (mine was too big), however the Hotel was able to provide me with one. Coffee, tea and juice with a pastry for breakfast in the mornings which is usually served in their BEAUTIFUL garden. Personally the facilities were average, but the service of the staff was impeccable. Ali was especially kind to me. I would definitely return on that premise alone.

GREAT staff and good price. there is a beautiful garden where you have the excellent breakfast. the only bad thing (which is not thaaat bad) is the location... a bit far from Rome's main attractions, and it's a 15min walk to the nearest metro station.

The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful (they gave us advice that saved us from waiting hours to get into the coliseum). But the location of the hostel is far away from all the sights of Rome, leaving you completely dependent on the bus system. The door to my room also didn't have a lock, which made me feel a little unsafe at times, especially since I was staying there alone.

Wow, talk about hospitality! The service here is amazing, sheets changed every day, breakfast brought out to you in the awesome garden area out back, where they bring you additional coffees when you are looking a bit tired. 10 min walk from subway which connects you with all the places you want to see. Great information on how to get the most out of your stay, good local bars and restaurants nearby, away from the annoying tourists and prices. Highly recommended!

I stayed at Hostel Lodi a couple of weeks ago (mid august) and thought it was a great hostel. The staff is the best! They are super helpful, informative, accommodating, and super welcoming. I stayed in the shared room (4 people). The rooms are clean and have a private bathroom and shower. Breakfast is served from 7-11 am I believe, and you have the option of having it in the garden. The only thing that was missing was AC :P Overall had an awesome experience here!

The hostel is a little bit away from everything but can still walk everywhere. The rooms and bathroom where really clean and staff where extremely nice and help.

The staff at Hostel Lodi were amazing! They helped us set up early morning taxis and navigate the bus schedules.One staff made us breakfast before the official breakfast time. The breakfasts were smallish but very good. The location was close to several bus stops that connected to the big sites in Rome. The beds were decently comfortable and things were clean. Only complaint: The showers had about 1 millimeter between scalding hot and ice cold. Other than that, Lodi is a great hostel!

Clean, nice service. But I don't want to recommend because of location.

a normal hostel at a so so location

Very helpful and friendly staff. Good value for the money and not to far from any means of transport. Had a great time.

The location it isn't in the center but it's ok...it's easy to get in the city center, but the most highlight thing here I would say are the staff and the breakfast...the staff extremely helpful and kind, always ready/ willing to help. My room wasn't that big but even tough it's ok...I missed windows to open and get a fresh air inside the room, because in summer Rome is really hot, but you can stay in the garden that is redecorated and nicely organized and you can chilli out there...

The hostel is realy nice. I stayed at a mixed room for a week and have no problems at all. The bathroom and the room was clean, all the common area too. But there is no conditioner in the room so at night you can miss fresh air at night. The staff is reeealy kind, they can give you a lot of information about the city/ And coffe is wonderful, thanks a looot! ^)

The staff: Claudio, Ali, Ariane, were very amazing. They did everything to make you feel home. The breakfast is wonderful. Our bathroom was clogged, but the staff fixed it immediately. Peaceful garden. A nice kitchen available to use. Probably the best hostel in Rome.

I stayed here twice and I can truly say, that this place is a very good option. Not too expensive, quiet, welcoming, not far away from the city center. Staff is very helpful as well.

Great little place! It's location was it's only downside, which still wasn't terrible, it just took a lengthy walk to get to the central part of the city. Great staff, very friendly and inviting. Great value for the money! Recommended.

A cosy little hostel which reminded me more of a house. Very friendly welcome and lovely staff throughout our whole stay. Although this hostel is a little out of the main centre of Rome, once you get your bearings of the train/bus system, it's actually very easy. And it's a nice walk to the train station along suburban streets. Loved waking up to the Delish croissant selection and coffee aromas! Amazing free breakfast.

Such a good place for those traveling to Rome on a budget! Not "centrally" located, but I actually enjoyed the "residentialness" of the area (also nice to get away from areas like Termini, which are more crowded than charming). I didn't mind the walk to the metro station either. Some of the friendliest staffs I've ever encountered, simple but clean and comfortable rooms and excellent breakfast in a beautiful garden! I would definitely recommend this place to friends.

• 13th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

Loved the free breakfast. The location suited me awesomely, it was close enough to the metro and bus stops but not right in the centre so I could actually buy food and clothes at non tourist prices :)

It was too far out of the center of Rome, so I felt safer taking taxis than the night buses when coming home late which really added up.

Friendly staff who gave perfect tips for sight seeing and going out. This saved us the two hour line up for the Colloseum !!! Just perfect!

« first « Prev 1 2 3