Hostel Lodi Reviews

Via Oristano, 14, Rome, Italy

Excelent staff, 24h reception, great breakfast, fine beds, etc ...

• 22nd Jan 2016
  • Austria

Great staff really really helpful however upon arrival we realized it was not a hostel but a 2 star hotel. Really clean and great staff.

excelent staff

the staff was really friendly and helpful, but the room was smelly and the bathroom was kinda nasty. Overall good value for money for the location, breakfast and nice staff.

Had more of a hotel vibe then a hostel, which can be a nice change of pace, but as a solo traveler it would have been nice to meet more people. Great facilities, staff, and breakfast was decent as well. Location was a bit far away from things but I still walked from the Coliseum to the hostel. Overall good stay, would recommend.

We LOVED our stay at Hostel Lodi. The people there are beyond friendly, and so keen to help you enjoy your stay in Rome. They are incredibly knowledgeable and approachable, which made our stay lots of fun. The room was very clean and comfortable. I cannot recommend Hostel Lodi enough. Initially I picked in going on my sister's recommendation and the price, and in the future even if I am a millionaire I would still want to stay at Hostel Lodi!

• 14th Nov 2015
  • New Zealand

Ali and other staff are extreamely helpful! They help us use our short time wisely and give us advice of any kinds. Lovely breakfast in their lovely garden. Will definitely come back!

• 8th Nov 2015
  • China

A little less central than other places, but still perfectly convenient and incredibly reasonable in terms of price! The staff are amazing and warm and all-around fantastic, they alone are good enough reason to stay here!! Beautiful garden to have breakfast in and small, cozy atmosphere. Limited cooking facilities, but with all the good food around, it's really not a problem :) Thanks for the amazing stay guys!

• 7th Nov 2015

Staff there were uber friendly and accommodating. They gave us a great list of things to do in Rome and how to use the public transport. They had fresh oranges in the garden too.

Very nice place. Staff was very friendly and helped a lot by explaining where to go and how to go. Breakfast was not very good but they try to accommodate your requests. I met wonderful people here and all in all had a good stay.

Cozy, clean and nice place to stay. Staff is really friendly and helpful. Not too central, but there are many buses around and it's very easy to get to the main places in the city.

The overall experience was rather "meh". Everything could have been improved in a number of ways - soap in the bathrooms, sheets that didn't have strange crumbs upon arrival, better lighting in the garden, better croissants in the morning, etc.

• 3rd Nov 2015

The friendliest staff that I've ever met. They actually prepare the beds as opposed to just tossing you some bed sheets. They also remade by bed. They personally serve you breakfast on a tray (juice, coffee based on your preference, two croissants) and give you a great description of the happenings in Rome. It would have been nice if there had been soap in the bathroom dispenser, but not a big deal as I found liquid soap in the kitchen. Being able to lock the bedroom door would have been good.

This hostel isn't near the tourists spots. You have to walk a bit to get to the nearest subway station. It might be better/faster using the bus, but I didn't, so I can't comment on that. The facilities are not the best in the world, but they are good enough, especially considering the price. Price-wise, I consider this place great value. The staff were super great! They had lots of information and were very accommodating. The free breakfast is nice in the garden when the weather is good.

• 28th Oct 2015

Good location, it's possible to reach the city center on foot around 25 or 30 minutes, good and cheap supermarket in the corner, very helpful and sympathetic staff, good breakfast, clean and comfortable rooms, fair price.

My experience was nice! For suggestion just the breakfast could be a little bit bigger. At least ham or cheese

The hostel was decent for the price, but a little out of the way from some of the more central sites in Rome. The staff was very attentive and helpful for answering questions about where to go and how to go, but honestly they were a little overbearing. There was no handsoap provided in the bathroom or way to dry your hands, and when we asked for some they gave us a lecture about how it was more unsanitary to have communal soap than no soap at all.

The staff was phenomenal, so kind, extremely helpful with getting around Rome, friendly and welcoming. They gave us all the tips on how to best see everything in Rome. Atmosphere was friendly and open. Our stay in Rome wouldn't have been the same without Hostel Lodi. The facilities were wonderful- delicious breakfast that went pretty late, comfy beds, clean facilities. Amazing value for your money. Only downside is its a little far from things, but worth it- commute was so easy

• 16th Oct 2015

Amazing overall! Super helpful and friendly staff. They serve you breakfast every morning like you're in a cafe! Only minor concern I had was that there's no key to the room or to the front door, so anyone could walk right in (though most of the time there's someone at the front desk). The lockers also don't allow for normal-sized locks, but they were nice enough to keep my passport at the desk.

The staff are amazing here which is what made our stay great. They need to cut more keys so each guest can have a room key as its not good enough to not have locks on the doors. Reception is 24 hrs but that doesn't mean they never get up to go to the toilet/get coffee etc. I'm glad we booked the room with an ensuite as there are not enough bathrooms for the other dorms. A healthy option at breakfast would be amazing - even some toast or cereal, as the croissants were extremely sweet.