Hostel Lodi Reviews

Via Oristano, 14, Rome, Italy

The staff was helpful and accommodating and their directions first day were valuable for my entire stay in Rome. The room left something to be desired, it was a little too cold and and the bright lights made you feel a little too much like you were in a hospital. The location is a little out of the way but I never thought this was much of a problem as I rather enjoy taking local busses in cities I visit as it gives you an opportunity to know it diffetently. Area was quiet and beds were comfy.

Good hostel if you're looking for relaxing. It's a small hostel, far from downtown. The staffs are very helpful and polite.

Staff were very friendly, helpful and spoke English. Close walking distance to buses

• 29th Dec 2014

The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. It felt more like a hotel than a hostel (except for the shared room). Overall great place for an awesome price.

Staff was really nice even i never met before. Breakfast was also good. I will bet your best choice in Rome. Thanks:)

Great breakfasts, clean place, fantastic staff (Ali was fantastic!). The location is a bit of a ways from the heart of Rome and you will likely need to use metro to get around. Great local restaurants as the hostel is in a more residential area for local Romans. Will recommend to friends and family.

Really awesome guy at the desk. Briefed us quickly about Rome and told us the main points. Very useful. Makes super Cappuccinos. Keep up the good work guys!

• 19th Dec 2014
  • India

Hotel Lodi was fantastic! The staff were extremely friendly, helpful, and hospitable. I was very comfortable here. They served a pleasant breakfast each morning. In the area of San Giovanni, historical sights are only a short distance, some of are right nearby. I walked nearly everywhere; to the Colosseum, Spanish Steps, Pantheon, etc. I did take the metro when I went to Vatican City, which was very easy, as there is a stop about a 10-15 minute walk away. Bus stops are also close. Thank you!

Great Hostel, Value for money but heaps far from the Metro, minimum 10-12 minute walk. Bedrooms are super clean - beds are made daily. Great free breakfast too!

Good value for money, room was nice and clean. Perhaps not the best hostel for meeting people, since common areas are quite small. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Only downside was that you could only make tea or coffee in the kitchen, and not cook food.

It was great! The staff were really nice and made us feel very confortable. The breakfast was yummy and waking up with the smell of italian coffee was a dream! If you are on a budget but tired of the shared hostel bedroom, I absolutely recommend it!

• 25th Nov 2014
  • Portugal

Great place. Host was amazingly friendly and knowledgeable, planning out an entire itinerary based on your stay and your preferences. Free breakfast was amazing at the lovely garden. Wifi was kind of slow, and there's only one bathroom. But I did not have a problem. Kitchen is fully equipped, though you cannot use the stove. Other guests were great. 24 hour reception is fantastic. It's not in the heart of Rome, but like a 20 minute walk to the Colosseum and so forth, which is awesome.

The staff here are very friendly, helpful and keen to make your stay as comfortable as possible. There is also a beautiful garden (with wifi!) you can sit out in. Highly recommended as a calm haven.

everything was clean, worked & the staff made my stay a 5 star experience, lovely folk. Great value for money with a simple, but top quality breakfast (hot drink, juice & pastries). Bonus was the lovely garden to relax in, plus great to have somewhere handy for my bicycle (& a bike shop 2 minutes round the corner!). Would be my first stop if I was every in Rome again.

• 3rd Nov 2014

I loved my stay at hostel Lodi, the bus were very friendly and gave all the information we could possible want on Rome! Breakfast was really good an excellent choice of pastries a hot drink and juice. The only problem was that the WiFi could be a bit slow or sometimes not work for a few moments. Located a bit out of the way but it is very easy to access the main areas. Also you can not cook, there is only a microwave and a fridge. Over all I very much enjoyed my stay at hostel Lodi.

• 1st Nov 2014

While not in the heart of Rome, Lodi is only a couple of stops on the Metro line out from anywhere you might be interested in going. I chose to walk, and found myself at the Colloseum in around half an hour, seeing many interesting things along the way. Breakfast was simple, but good. All of my interactions with the staff were pleasant, and the room was clean and secure.

Where do I start? Not the best facility in the world, but the staff is definitely top notch hands down. The gentleman at the desk during the day, Alley (sorry I don't even know if this is how you spell it), he was the nicest and most helpful host I've ever met in a hostel. The young lady and the other gentleman were super nice too. Every morning they will bring you breakfast to the garden (or the common room if it's too cold for you outside) as if you are in a restaurant, and remake your bed!

Hostel Lodi was amazing! The free breakfast was much better than I was expecting, and the garden was lovely. The service was wonderful. It was clean and quiet, but incredibly friendly. Highly recommended.

• 15th Oct 2014

Excellent staff, very friendly. Nice pastries for breakfast 😄

Very friendly welcome. I arrived approx. 10 a.m. and was offered an inital breakfast in the garden - that was a new one to me. And never before I was shaking four staff members' hands on leaving. It's more like a private house than like a hostel. If you like that you'll probably find no better place regarding value for money.