Hostel Lozanni Reviews

54 Kapodistriou Street, Athens, Greece

Nice place, good value, that said, basically everything was wrong with the bathrooms: -cheap toilets. so you have to put the TP in the trash -They give you a roll of toilet paper with check-in, which you WILL forget to bring along -misaligned lock was unable to close -toilet wouldn't flush -no sinks, you need to go back to your room to wash your hands -no soap for the aforementioned sinks -some other things I'm forgetting, my stay was a week ago.

Everything was great. Location itself wasn't too far from everything we wanted to do. However the street itself did not make us feel super safe late at night. Our room was also noisy because it faced the street, but other rooms were much quieter.

Showers didnt work, wifi didnt work well in the rooms, only one key, and dodgy location.

I went there with 2 friends. When we got to lozzani we needed to go up 3 floors carrying all our luggage. No elevator. when we got to the room there was a stinky man in our room so we decided to find a common area to stay there until it was bed time. surprise... NO common area either. In the reception they lend us a room that was booked , to stay there until later. we found cockroach in there. later that night a group of loud french students came and they were SO LOUD! WORST HOSTEL I'VE BEEN TO!

• 16th Jul 2015
  • Mexico

Friendly staff, but they tend to move you from bedroom to bedroom depending on the people arriving and they do so even when you're out. The hot water is a big problem. The boilers are not always on, so be prepared for cold showers. The cleanliness is another problem: bathrooms and rooms are not quite clean, and toilet paper is not always available. Also, the pictures are not realistic, the hostel does not look like that anymore. The neighborhood is quite weird and unsafe.

Hotel Lozanni is well situated, close to central Omonia-Square. If you want to discover Athens and don`t have high expectations in your shelter, its a good place to stay. Don`t expect to much, you don`t have a shower or a toilet in you room, sometimes the air-conditioning is not working. If you are young and you look for a hostel just for having a bed close to the city center, you are right in Hostel Lozanni.

• 12th Jul 2015
  • Switzerland

Only stayed here one night for a cheap bed. Didn't understand the low rating at all, very decent hostel for the price. It is in omonia though which isn't the nicest area in Athens but pretty close to the metro so can't complain. Staff were really nice and happy to help with my questions. Arrived at 3 am and they were happy to accommodate. Would recommend for a few days in Athens

Literally wanted to kill myself but the staff was good

The best staff ever, so helpful and friendly. Always willing to help you out.

• 4th Jul 2015

The pictures are very deceiving. There isn't even a bar!! The bathrooms were gross, but after a few months of backpacking I can get over that. What was weird was the sinks were in the dorm rooms so if you were up a little earlier than everyone else you had to wash your face with the whole room watching/listening. Really bazaar. The one key for all of us to share was weird too. Just a weird vibe over all.

Don't Belive to all these very bad feedbacks. Take a room here.

• 3rd Jul 2015

greeks are hungrt for monet no service at all kitchen broken air condition street full of protitutes around at least kitchen nice air condition this people either are selfish scam or shiet on their head

This hostel didn't feel welcoming to me and the facilities in the bathroom were dirty and disgusting. I was only staying for a few hours sleep as I had an early flight, I would have canceled my reservation if my stay were longer. There are other places I would recommend for a similar price. The staff however were helpful and attentive.

We only needed to stay here for a night so we didn't expect much but the rooms were clean, the bathroom and shower was a bit dodgy but we survived. Location was good

It offers good value for your money since its relatively close to the main market and a metro station. The staff is also very friendly and made sure everything was okay. The only criticism I have is that I have is that there are no common areas so its next to impossible to meet new people unless they are in your room. Also, it may be that the hostel in a lesser nice side of town, but I never considered myself unsafe.

It was very easy to get to near the station. It was easy to get everywhere. Staff super attentive all the time, and for the price you have and being Athens, is highly recommended. Only for short times no hot water, but then it solved. Should have a kitchen, but cheap eat in Athens. Vasilis was always friendly. Saludos de Peru, Gonzalo

It was loud and dirty, but cheapest option not too far from city center. Wifi is spotty, and no outlets in rooms.

Great friendly and helpful staff. Would definitely stay there again. Very precise directions which made it easy to reach from the airport. Cost me a total of 10 euro to get from the hostel to the airport at 3am which was organised by the reception. Comfy and clean beds with decent wifi. Would recommend.

• 21st Jun 2015

Extremely dodgy part of Athens but not to far to walk into the nicer part. Security isn't great you have 1 key per room and you have to hope the last person out returns it to reception. There was one nice guy at reception who helped with a few things but forgot to book us a taxi and when we booked with the other guy it cost us €20 as opposed to €10 :( Basic room with dated bathroom and the bar wasn't open when we were there. If your looking for cheap and only couple of nights should be ok

Nice place to stay. Initially booked for 1 day as the reviews were not very good, but found out the place to be nice so extended my stay by 1 more night and went to mykonos for a few days came back to the same hostel and stayed here for 2 more nights.

« first « Prev 1 2 3