Hostel Magdalena-Lena Reviews

Trk Ivana Krndelja br.16, Mostar, Bosnia And Herzegovina

I'm sorry to leave a negative review because I like Lena and her mother, but I can't recommend this. It's not in a very nice part of town and the gate to the courtyard was left unlocked all night. Speaking of the courtyard, it wasn't made clear that the back part is owned by a local family. Which lead to a VERY uncomfortable incident when I walked into what is essentially their backyard, thinking it was part of the hostel. The shared bathroom also needs to be cleaned more often.

My boyfriend and I went to Hostel Lena in 2012 and 2013 again..we just love it!!! Lena is amazingly cute and she always tries to provide you with whatever you may need. The hostel is clean and calm, rooms are big and with AC, the toilette is clean too. You are at 2 minutes by walking from the bus station and at 10 from the old town. If I go to Mostar again in the future I already know where to book a room! ;)

• 3rd Sep 2013

Lena is an amazing host, extremely friendly and generous. We would definitely stay here again.

I would definitely recommend staying with Lena. The location is fantastic. Right next to the bus/train station, and a pleasant 10 minute walk through the city to the old town. Lena is so lovely and accommodating, she helped me find a restaurant and booked me a tour of the district that has been a highlight of my time in Europe. There is great Wifi and really clean rooms. Lena greeted me with watermelon, snacks and tea, and answered all my questions about the amazing city of Mostar. Stay here!

Hostel Lena was a great place to stay, Lena was very friendly and very helpful, even letting us use her own laptop to plan the next leg of our trip. A daytrip was arranged for us by Lena's brother 'Picasso', who was just as friendly and helpful. Location is extremely convenient as it is literally right next to the bus station. Only a ten/fifteen minute walk into the Old Town. Would definitely stay again. Not a 'party atmosphere' hostel, but perfect for couples who want somewhere nice to stay.

Lena is very nice, she picked us up from the bus station which is a big surprise, and offered watermelon to us, and provide adequate information regarding the city,

Lena was very nice and helpful - she really lives to her guesthouse! I cannot recommend enough this place, Lena and all of the family were very nice, and she catered for the atmostphere by setting up morning coffee/tea for the guests. The room was clean and with air conditioning, facilities in the shared kitchen were not numerous but enough to cook something simple. The location by stations is excellent.