Hostel Majdas Reviews

Pere Lažetića 9, Mostar, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Absolutely loved our stay here. Majdas is such a sweetheart, and her cooking us to die for. Breakfast every morning and she even made vegetable soup one day. About 15min walk to old town, close to bus station, banks, shops. Batas tour was fantastic! Made sure you consider it. Would recommend and would stay again. Thank you Majdas and Bata for everything! :) x

Firstly excellent welcome ty for it .they were so nice and helpful very nice and good place,clean,peaceful area. it was like my home ty for everything. I will miss all of u

We loved our time at Majdas. The breakfast, which Majda cooks for everyone each morning, was delicious and a great way to meet the other travellers at the hostel. Majda herself is wonderful, and had an awesome dry sense of humour. The hostel is her home, and she goes out of her way to make sure that it is a home away from home for other travellers. The showers are also the best we've had anywhere in Europe.

The lady own was very friendly, the hostel was cozy, comfortable and toilet was Super clean, bed was clean and comfortable,wifi was Super good.When you check the lady own welcome you with a cup of cff and a pice of cake.She was very lovely to keep a bowl of soup for me when I back to hostel at night.Everything was perfect expect there is no locker in the room and breakfast was not so fantastic so don't expect much from the breakfast just some egg and two small sausages, bread with a cup of tea.

I couldn't recommend Hostel Majdas enough!! This is a very homely place, more like a b&b than hostel. We were looked after like rock stars. I was welcomed with coffee and cake and felt at home immediately. The staff go above and beyond and are always looking to help make your stay more enjoyable. Bartas tour is a MUST! It was the most unique, exciting and moving tour I have done. One thing to note is this is NOT a party hostel. I look forward to visiting again! Lana

Probably the best hostel I have stayed in, and I have stayed in many. Run by amazing people, great breakfast, and the tour was one of the best you can do, a real personal experience.

Hands down, best hostel we have ever stayed at! Madja and Bata are so loving and welcoming and the atmosphere is so homely and chilled out - we ended up staying longer and didn't want to leave. The room was spacious and clean, comfiest beds, and Madja's daily breakfast so delicious. Do the tour with Bata - best fun and genuine insight into Bosnia. Thank you so much! Xx

Amazing place. Friendliest staff I've ever met. Free homemade breakfast every morning, they even made us stew one day for dinner. Very clean and the atmosphere is great. Everyone gets to know each other. Great hostel, stay here.

One of the best hostel's I've stayed at. Majda and her team have created a wonderful hostel with a warm, welcoming cosy atmosphere, helpful and friendly staff and incredible facilities. Bata's tour run from the hostel is 100% worth it, a unique, engaging and perspective changing look at Bosnia's past and present. The delicious and varied breakfasts included in the bill are also fantastic.

All the reviews are true. Yes, Majda is incredibly warm and welcoming. Yes, go on crazy Bata's tour. Yes, showers were amazing (and plenty of toilets/showers!). Yes, you should definitely stay here. Batman is also a wonderful addition to the hostel. :) Best place with such warmth!! Thank you Majda, Bata, and Batman for a great stay!

Sorry, I definetely made a mistake. I should have stayed at least "one more night". Such a great Hostel and hosts with awesome hospitality

One of the best hostels I've stayed in

I recommend this place to anyone who are looking forward to having a great Bosnian hospitality and good atmosphere.

Majdas is amazing! Staying at this hostel is like staying at your aunt's place. She remembers everyones name and makes home-cooked breakfast everyday--sometimes dinner. They have the BEST shower ever! The tour is also worth it.

Feels like staying round someone's house, the breakfast, evening soup and of course the tour brings everyone together. Pity I was in a rush and only had 2 nights...........

Maybe the best hostel I have ever stayed at. Quite small, family run hostel. Nice place to socialise and meet other backpackers. Different breakfast every day (for two nights). Just book!

Such an amazing hostel to stay and experience the real Bosnia. This is more than a hostel - it's like coming home at the end of the day. I can't recommend Majdas enough. And don't think twice about Bata's tour - it's a must!

Best hostel we've ever stayed in. Majdas was very kind and helpful and the food cooked by the staff was amazing! The highlight for us though was Bata's tour around the surrounding area. It was a completely unique experience in that it was delivered by a passionate and charismatic guide who experienced the conflict first hand. Bata is also hilarious. Would highly recommend staying here and going on the tour.

• 16th Oct 2015

One of the best hostels I've ever been to! Majdas and her ear have made a hostel with friendly, helpful, welcoming staff, fantastic facilities and a unique homey atmosphere that's unlike any other hostel I've been to. The tour run from the hostel is equally worthwhile a unique perspective on Bosnia and it's history run by Majdas' brother. The delicous breakfasts included in the bill are also great!

Our private room was amazing with a small kitchenette and the best bathroom i've seen at any hostel. Majda the owner is super friendly as such, she cooks amazing breakfasts But u gotta understand there is a very strict curfew at midnight, and majda goes out of her way to inform you about the curfew. There was a young girl who had a high pitch voice and was only slightly drunk, and she got kicked out of the hostel just before midnight with all her luggage during terrential rains.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7