Hostel Majdas Reviews

Pere Lažetića 9, Mostar, Bosnia And Herzegovina

One in a million -type of hostel. And that's in a good way. Felt more like part of an extended family (travellers and hostel owners included) than anything else. Facilities are great and the ice tea they offered - you can't find anything better.

Absolutely incredible hostel. Majda and Bata are so kind and friendly and are the reason this is such a great place to stay. The hostel has a really nice outdoor area perfect for meeting other travelers. The showers are amazing and breakfast is delicious. Whatever you do, don't miss Bata's tour! Thanks for an amazing stay, I will definitely be back soon.

Hostel Majdas is a small heaven nestled in the heart of Mostar city where your first impression is to feel home. The staff knows how to make you feel confortable providing you with a taste of local food when first welcoming you with fresh ice tea and a tasty piece of cake. Little things count! Highly recommended!

If you are looking for hostel that feels like home- you found it! Majda is a wonderful host and always makes you feel welcomed. The hostel has a huge outdoor patio and indoor living room to socialize. She serves traditional homemade breakfast every day and coffee in the afternoon. Its a perfect place to meet fellow travelers!

The hostel has a great atmosphere, it is a little eccentric and quirky which only adds to the experience. I stayed for one night although I wish I could have stayed longer! I will return.

• 15th Jul 2015

We had an excellent time at the hostel. The staff were amazing and friendly. The hostel was more of a home than anything else, and that sense of ease made our stay one of the best experiences to date. Highly rated!

Great stay in Mostar thank you!

We arrived after an 8 hour (supposed to be 4 hours) bus trip a little tired and cranky. On arrival we were made to make a nametag for our bunk and didn't really get a chance to say no or put our stuff in our room which was a bit irksome at the time. Other than that the hostel was really nice and clean, bathrooms are really nice and tidy, you even get a free breakfast in the morning. I would stay here again.

Amazing family run hostel. Majdas is like a Mum and will look take excellent care of you. Probably the best bathrooms and showers I've ever come across in a hostel. You must must must do the tour which is run by Majdas' brother. It's so much fun and you visit some incredible places.

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed at. Such a homely feel. Amazing value for money. And the people are so ridiculously lovely. You won't want to leave so plan on staying at least one more night.

• 12th Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

Perfect is a good way to describe Majda's House! From the home cooked breakfasts, super clean bathrooms, wonderful staff, and great location. Majda makes it her mission to welcome you and ensure your stay is something you'll never forget! The icing on the cake is her brother Bata. By far the best tour guide I have ever been with! Funny, informative, passionate and crazy in the best way possible! Majda and Bata should be their own tourist attraction as much as the Old Bridge is! Thank you guys!

There were good and bad points to this hostel. I'll start with the bad as they really ruined my experience of the hostel and I think other travellers need to be fully informed before deciding to stay: - The noise curfew at 12 where you are not allowed to speak at all. Fair enough closing the common areas but to be condescending, rude and pretty much hurrying anyone out is not. - No luggage storage - Average breakfast Good: - Very secure - Good common areas to meet others - Clean

Amazing hostel. Great showers, comfy beds, super friendly people and great communal space outside, free breakfast, and majdas is as sweet as can be. Badas' tour shouldn't be missed.

Our best hostel so far!

• 6th Jul 2015

This is a really great hostel, a home from home where you're greeted with cake and iced-tea. The rooms are comfy, the breakfast tasty and the tour with Bata is a must. I spent 3 nights here and met loads of interesting people, there is a real sociable atmosphere about the hostel. One of the best i have stayed in.

Honestly, words cannot do this place justice. It is more than a hostel, it is an EXPERIENCE. I booked for one night, and left reluctantly after three. The atmosphere is calm and social, and Majda is a wonderful host. She and Bata (he of the famous tours! take it!) are nothing short of ambassadors for the Bosnian people. I loved them both, and felt at home in the place they have created. BOOK THIS HOSTEL! Anything else would be just plain wrong.

Great atmosphere, lots of social/common areas to meet other travellers. Well kept facilities, plenty of toilets and showers all sparkling. Included breakfast of interesting Bosnian food, which was a cool experience. The hostel is about a 20 minute walk from the bridge and the old town, which is pretty reasonable. The beds are very uncomfortable, you can feel the springs digging into your back. Overall a warm and comfortable hostel. I didn't do the hostel tour, but I've heard high praise of it.

Incredible stay, we were greeted with iced tea and cake. Homemade breakfasts every morning and impeccable hospitality. Bata's tour is defenetly a must. We'll sure come back to Bosnia because of if.

Had great stay! Very welcoming, went of their way to make it a good stay!!

• 4th Jul 2015

This was more like home than a hostel. The space to chill out outside was so amazing no one ever wanted to leave. Majdas and all the staff are amazing and knew my name straight away. Breakfast was great. Dfferent, home cooked meals every morning and when you arrive you are greeted with cake and tea or whatever you like. Majdas will often bring out snacks during the day or at night too and it was the best hostel I've stayed at. Extended my stay to do Batas tour and I highly recommend!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6