Hostel Majdas Reviews

Pere Lažetića 9, Mostar, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Extended my stay by 2 nights before I finished checking in. Love this place so much.

Amazing bathrooms!!

Amazing hostel! Majda was the most amazing host! She really looks after her guests. The tour put on by Bata was great and is a MUST if you want to see and learn as much as possible! Breakfast was delicious!!

We had a great stay there. Hostel is really close to the Old Town and Mostar's famous bridge by walk. I will definitely go back to magnificent place such as Mostar and this lovely hostel.

• 14th May 2015
  • Serbia

Perfect location! Wish I could have stayed more! The owner received us with a piece of cake and a cappucino! SHe is very friendly! It is Very close to the oldtown and they organise tours every 2 days! I recommend it!

Clean, comfortable, safe, great location, amazing bathrooms (seriously luxe for a hostel and never waiting for anything-- great design!!) and a fab patio. Great homemade breakfasts every morning. But the best part is the warm welcome and the people. Majda & Bata treat you like family in the best way. They foster an atmosphere where everyone is instant best friends. Everyone stays more nights than expected - too hard to leave! Bata's tour is incredible too. Don't miss this travel experience!

Majdas is awesome! Her place is cozy and well located. She can provide all the amenities of the big hostels and yet her place is small enough to make new friends and see all that Mostar has to offer. Her brother is hilarious and the tour is a must. He does a fabulous job being able to tell some heart breaking stories while still having a fun filled day. Majdas is the best!

Best place I have been in the Balkans!!! Thank you Majda for your hospitality. Hopefully we meet again.

The atmosphere of Hostel Majdas was amazing during our stay. Everyone, staff & guests, were working together to make sure everyone had an enjoyable stay. Great breakfast in the morning including tea and coffee. And such a good approach to offer tea or coffee with cake on arrival. Much better than offering a beer, at least for me. When I arrive at a hostel after travelling for most of the day. I want at least 30-60 minutes of relaxing before getting on the beer. Hence tea & cake is so good for me

• 6th May 2015

The best hostel I've stayed at so far! Majdas and her brother Bata have put together a home away from home. I ended up staying twice as long as I was supposed to and just because it's not a party hostel, don't worry it's still social and everyone was always up for a chat in the living room or a drink after a day exploring Mostar. Take Bata's day tour. just do it and thank yourself later. Thanks for a everything Majdas and Bata! I'll definitely be be back.

Majda is the best trip mother ever. As soon as you arrive she brings out sweets and drinks, and she shows you all the best places to go, she really knows her city well and is always more than happy to give advice! It's like being at a home away from home, the fresh cooked breakfast is always delicious. She also did our laundry for us and folded it and put it on our bed! Her brothers tour is an absolute must if you can! Bathrooms are so clean! Great atmosphere.

• 4th May 2015

This place was really lovely! Three minutes walking to the bus/train station, delicious breakfast (and welcome snack!), enough [clean, spacious] shower and toilet stalls available that waiting was never necessary. Most of all, Majda's place cultivates a warm, inclusive atmosphere that left me with only the fondest memories of Mostar.

• 3rd May 2015

It was so nice hostel! I really feel at home there. And owner majdas is so kind .i really recommend to stay there in Mostar!

• 3rd May 2015
  • Japan

Friends of guests are not welcomed even in the common area. Supposedly no opportunity to store luggage after check out (though this could have been personal retaliation). Staff makes an agreement with you (in terms of luggage storage) and then changes mind last minute, greatly affecting your traveling plans. Because of this, I didnt feel safe, comfortable to ever consider going back or recommend it to anyone, felt personally pointed out, and definitely not worth the price.

Majdas is a nice hostel owner. She has patience in explaining to every new commer in the hostel about several informations, i.e. Nice resraturants, the nearest ATM, place to visit in Mostar, by drawing on the map. Every guest got a welcome cake and a nice tea and also nice home-made breakfast every morning. I like the way she managed the hostel, where I felt like home. The common area was the nice thing to have in this hostel so that fellow traveller can interacted each other.

Excellent hostel. Small, very warm as it is runned bY her owner. Clean, spacious, and nice atmosphere. One of best hostels ever!

• 27th Apr 2015
  • Argentina

Cozy atmosphere, met awesome ppl on my stay - stayed longer than had planned. Majda is lovely host, gives u best places to go n see or have ur meals! Tasty homemade breakfast is great way to start ur day. Will definitely stay again if ever go back to Mostar!

Excellent little hostel, perfect location, great facilities, fantastic tour and all the while being made to feel like home with the incredibly Motherly Majda

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at! Definitely had the best location and atmosphere...I made so many friends here. I would also definitely recommend the day tour that they set up because it was a TON of fun and the experience was quite unique on this 5 month trip of mine. Majdas, Bata, and Batman you guys are AWESOME!

Thanks to Madja and the awesome layout of this hostel you feel instantly welcome and relaxed as she welcomes you with cake. Other than the great atmosphere everything else is top notch - clean, comfortable, good bathrooms and a great local breakfast made by Madja herself. She'll also point you in the direction of Mostar's most interesting places (definitely climb to the top of the abandoned sniper building) as well as fill you in on the turbulent history of this beautiful town.