Hostel Makarska Reviews

Prvosvibanjska 15 Makarska, Makarska, Croatia

The location was excellent: about a one minute walk to the harbour front and a 5 minute walk to the beaches! Bathrooms were clean every day and beds were good. The only negative thing I have to add is that the kitchen was very badly equipt. Other than that a really relaxing stay!

Makarska is the perfect place for a great holiday and the hostel (only hostel in the city) is really good for backpackers. The facilities are great and if you are lucky there will even be a typical Dalmatian barbecue. Otherwise there are several clubs for nightlife, good beaches and you can easily get to Hvar and Bol by boat.

Very friendly staff, always ready to help. Location is just perfect, not far from the small centre and beaches. Small common area. Kitchen facilities are rather at the poor side. However value for money is just great and I'd definitely recommend this hostel.

Close to everything and quite cheap when you choose 10-bed-dorm. Would come again

I used this hostel as a gap hostel for my trip between Split and Dubrovnik.. Very vibrant town with great views of biovoko mountains.. I wanted to climb to the top but the visibility was poor on the 2 days that I was here... Apart from that my stay here was Exelcelent! Friendly staff and the family dog was so friendly and playful :) Would defo stay here again :) Thanks for your hospitality :) Regard Rich- uk solo traveller :)

The kitchen wasn't really functional but there was a fridge. The bedroom door was always open but there was AC and lockers. Very close to everything but it was one room full of people and there wasn't too great of an atmosphere...

Outstanding value, spacious 4 bed private dorm with ensuite, kitchen, balcony. We were very pleasantly surprised when we first walked in!

Such a fun hostel! We had a great time and met lots of great people. Communal area is small so it's easy to meet people and there is only 1 dorm so small hostel.

Nice hostel. Excellent location.

Thank you for a nice review!

Simple but clean, friendly and located close to the town centre. I'd stay here again.

My holiday in this hostel has been great! I absoloutely reccomend it, in particular for the friendly atmpsphere. I met nice people, and the dog Atena is so funny!

• 6th Aug 2013

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Hostel has a great location and is very clean.

For me the location is only average because the hostel is not at a obvious place. I had to ask a few people until I found it, so I think there should be more signs that show the way. That´s the only thing I have to criticize. Everything else was alright.

We loved Hostel Makarska! My sister and I were upgraded from a 10 bed mix to our own room. The staff were very helpful and kind.

Thank you!!!

Have only the best to say. Location is amazing (2 minute walk to the main strip/beach). Staff is very friendly, they reccommend amazing places to see and things to do. They have strong wifi, a kitchen, laundry and a great outdoor area making it very easy to socialize. The rooms and bathrooms are always spotless and above all that, they have the friendliest dog! Very easy to find and very hard to leave (you will fall in love). I will miss Makarska and this hostel and can't wait to come back!

Thank you so much for a nice review. Hope to see you again some day! All the best! ;)

The hostel was great. Everything was in order and clean. It was close to beach and the center.

Thank you!!!

The staff was really nice. The room was pretty good. The only thing that wasnt good is thar there is just one bathroom. For shower and other uses.

Absolutely brilliant staff with perfect English, outdoor garden with a barbecue, facilities, WiFi works pretty good. Great Pub Crawl.

• 19th Jul 2013
  • Bosnia And Herzegovina

Thank you!!!

The hostel is easy to get to if you follow the signs, not the GPS. The option to park within the gates was very convenient. The beds are good, the showers more than, the coocking facilities somewhat limited. The location is also very close to the actual center and the staff is helpful. Nothing really stands out, but all is good.

I left my shoes there though, and I tried to contact them about getting them back, but no reply. Pretty nice place though.