Hostel Makarska Reviews

Prvosvibanjska 15 Makarska, Makarska, Croatia

Wonderful people, and very good place to stay. In the city center.

• 12th Jul 2014
  • Portugal

Close to the bus station, beaches, and boardwalk, easy to find. Staff were really friendly, helpful, and accommodating when we needed to leave our bags for a few hours after checking out. Atmosphere was great- got to meet other guests on the patio outside where the kitchen area was located. Kitchen facilities were basic but good; the bathrooms were clean but there were only two for up to 11 people to share. Dorm room locked but left unlocked since guests went in & out, but I never felt unsafe.

Our host Tina was very welcoming and made us feel very comfortable in this magnificent setting. We hope to return one day. The welcome drink and information given at reception was very genuine and they were pleased to give us additional information when requested. Only 1 minute walk to the harbour. Everything was very clean.

Staff very friendly and informative about places to eat etc although the restaurant recommended was fully booked and we had forgotton to ask for an alternative and went to a very poor place to eat . room clean but very noisy plumbing system - AC and large TV - only thing I didnt like was the bottom sheet was very rough and not very comfortable - Could have done with some instructions from the Port as went round and round in circles and totally out of our way to the bus station - Thanks

The hostel has a great location, is clean, and the staff is fantastic! Wifi does not reach the upper rooms, but it was not a problem because you can connect downstairs. The girls working at the desk were so nice and helpful, that it def made the difference! Would stay there again!!

Dear Marcela, thank you for your nice review. You were amazing guests! Take care.

Super cute hostel a block away from the centre, they have a chill area outside and a cat and a dog to keep you company! Rooms were quite noisy because you could hear through the walls. Overall a good hostel experience!

A pleasant stay, the only problems were that people didn't clean their dishes (and sink) properly after themselves, and the cutlery, plates and so on were very limited

The staff is incredibly helpful and friendly. I loved Makarska so much that my 2 day stay turned into 4. They were very helpful with making it happen.

Really enjoyed my stay here. The town is beautiful, and much less touristy than other places in Croatia, the hostel is comfortable and friendly, awesome beaches. They'll even load you a towel!

• 1st Jul 2014

Athena the dog was there to greet us and the staff were very kind and helpful. Great location, highly recommend!

• 30th Jun 2014

The hostel was very clean and the had a perfect location to go to the beach and to the city central

• 29th Jun 2014

Great bedroom and bathroom facilities but slightly lacking in kitchen facilities- however this was made up for by incredibly welcoming and friendly staff and the amazing location!

Thank you for your comment. The kitchen is not a part of the hostel, but we offer our guests a chance to cook in the social area, so they don't have to spend their money in expensive restaurants. This is just to make clear to our future guest who will read this reviews and make a conclusion that we have kitchen for them, but we actually don't. Thank you once again, you were such a great guests and we hope to see you again.

I was with my friends and we didn't like this hostel because it was very dirty in the garden, we didn't have any plates or glasses, a lot of mosquitos... To finish, there is not a lot of things to do in Makarska and this is the only time in Croatia that it rained... My friends and I don't recommend this hostel!! To finish there was a mean dog in the garden

• 12th Jun 2014

Dear Margaud, I won't comment your review because it 's very mean and I hope that other guests won' t consider your review as it is the only one with such a poor and mean comment. It's not our problem that it rained and you didn't had nothing to do. If you are a good friends, there is no bad weather that can spoil your time together. As a matter of the dog, there is no mean dogs, only mean people. To finish, thank you anyway, because to us all the guests matter, even those like you.

Our stay was awesome! Good location, great staff, clean house, and the sweetest house dog Athena! I would recommend this hostel hands down.

• 17th May 2014