Hostel Mali Mrak Zagreb Reviews

Dubicka 8, Zagreb, Croatia

Loved this place!

• 27th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

The hostel is located at the last tram station a bit outside the city center. The atmosphere is very special! A outdoor kitchen makes the hostel very special. Nevertheless, the rooms where really small, its a bit dark in the whole house and not as clean as other hostels. I recommend this hostel for alternative people.

Great place, lovely and generous staff!

Good hostel in a good city with good staff but one bad experience ruined my whole trip :( When I tried to leave the hostel at around 7.30am the front door wouldn't open and as I result I missed my bus by 5 minutes and therefore my flight , 2 other guests came to help and also couldn't open the door but helped me jump through the window. Luckily there wasn't a fire but when I reported the issue I was told "the doors are always open", in which case the security is very poor... Richard

I agree, this was a botch. Sorry for that. Two things though: 1. the door is always open - correct, but only from the inside. It cannot be opened from the outside without a key-therefore, it is never locked from the inside. 2. One of the guests unfortunately didn't know this and locked it. All that has to be done in that case is to knock on the door where we sleep and that's it. On another note - a lot of you come from cities that are not safe. In Zagreb, it's simply different, no need to fear.

Igor and his friends make this hostel a very welcoming, relaxed place to stay. Cleanliness and comfort are clearly of paramount importance and this is reflected in the quality of stay we had. The double room downstairs was spacious and well ventilated. Would recommend to anyone wishing to stay in zagreb. Proximity to main centre not an issue, with good tram system. Difficult to find so do research prior to staying. :)

:D nice, thank you! Just make sure you read the directions given on hostelworld, that's all you need. Precise and to the point.

Hostel was the best I've been to so far. Staff were amazingly helpful and the people i met there were great. A very chill hostel with a great atmosphere.

Thank you! See you soon, anyway :D

Really good place to meet people. Great atmosphere! I really enjoyed my stay here. Thanks guys!

• 20th Jul 2014

Quirky, super helpful staff who are always happy to recommend places to go. Very sociable hostel.

Lol, you're welcome, L.! thanks for being here.

We loved our stay here and it was so easy to get there. It was I'm a beautiful location. We got a day trip to plitvice lakes through the hostel which was so well organised and good value. On our third night I got extremely drunk in totally unacceptable, immature and antisocial way. Whilst I was vomiting and making a fool of myself the hostel staff were amazing at looking after me and cleaning up quickly so it was not uncomfortable for other guests. I am truly sorry for ruining anyone else's stay

That was a brave thing to write, A. :) More mature than many people, i'd have to say :) You have our respect, and, as i told you, you didn't really ruin anybody's stay. Almost no one (except the ONE person :D) was offended. I think we have all been there, at one point. Take care with the booze in the future. Igor

I had a poor experience but it might be an isolated thing and not reflective of the hostel as a whole. My problem was this: I was in a hurry to grab my bus to Plitvice. I needed a locker right away but was told that the lock will come when some dude working there wakes up. So I was forced to leave my stuff without a lock but promised that it'll be watched (it wasn't). When I came back, everything was moved to the staff bedroom where it wasn't in a locker, just lying on the floor 4 anyone to take

It is definitely not reflective of the hostel at all, but rather of you: the moment you entered, you behaved paranoid, suspicious of everybody, you were very rude, unpleasant and ungrateful. As if anyone here cares about your possessions. I am really sorry somebody like you came to our Hostel. I hope people like you stay away for good. Igor

Well, I spent my best night there. I love all the lovely, friendly and interesting staffs and it's quite an experience! Love u all!

Same here, genuine pleasure to have met you :) Take care & thank you very much for booking here!

I have to say that there is no place at which I have felt more at home and comfortable with everyone, and it is a community in so many different ways. I feel like Mali Mrak is the perfect exapmle of how an institution should be run: By making the whole experience fun and interesting, by providing great advice of where to go, or great company for those nights that you do stay in. I have honestly never enjoyed a place so much and have already started preparing plans to go back next year. Awesome!

• 14th Jul 2014

Always welcome here, Fin :) My regards. Thank you.

I never expected one place amazing like that one!!!! All there are so nice, the staffs, the building, the garden... The atmosphere there make you feel like home!!!! Thanks for the oportunity to meet you and enjoy that feeling!!!!

Hi, you have been a sweetheart, it was wonderful having you :) Come back soon! P.S. Thank you again for the Nutella :) Ivana

We were greeted by very friendly staff and made to feel welcome with the open-plan feel of the hostel. Yet, we were discouraged by there being just one shower per floor (without a lock on the door!), and by the kitchen being so small and untidy. Not only this, but returning to the hostel on the last evening of our stay, we discovered that our belongings had been moved to a different dorm without our permission and without care or respect for our possessions.We did not expect this from the hostel

Probably one of the best hostels we've stayed at during our 5 week trip. The staff are super friendly and make you feel so welcome, we couldnt fault them one bit. The hostel itself is a relaxing place to stay and has a brilliant atmosphere. They also have the cutest dog in the world. Id recommend this hostel to anyone planning a trip to Zagreb, and would definitely stay here again if I decided to visit Zagreb a second time.

This is turning out to be a beautiful summer. So many good people coming, it's just great :) Thank you !

The staff is very nice and available, but the room wasn't clean when i came in. The location and the atmosphere is nice but it's located quite far from the centre of the town.

Do you really expect the people who work here to do maintenance at 6:00 am in the morning, when you checked in? To enter the room and clean up the mess of your room mates at that time? Dear man, in that case, i recommend the Zagreb Sheraton ;) Igor

Loved this hostel, just wished we could have stayed longer! Hope to come back soon!

The mattress was awesome! I really slept well the night I stayed in Malik. The place is all chilled out and the garden looked like a nice place to get to know other people. I was kinda concerned about how safe is the place since they don't have a proper lock at the entrance and anyone can go into the hostel. Also I didn't have a locker. Anyway I didn't have any problem with my stuff. The kitchen was ok but too small. The directions to the hostel can be improved and not just saying "use gmaps"

I like your review, but i have to point out you are quite ridiculous in some points. What's a proper lock for you? You want a fallout vault with space robots and gattling guns guarding it? I don't know about your place, but here a normal lock is more than sufficient to keep us "safe". There's two kitchens, not just one, as well. And i think you should improve your reading skills, because we have very exhaustive directions on HW. Stop being the tourist and become a backpacker.

good vibes, good people. the epitome of what a hostel should be! thanks igor and filip

Great hostel, friendly staff, and a fun atmosphere. The garden is a great space, and the decorations inside are awesome! (Especially the painted walls!) The hostel is a little far from the center of town, but the tram takes you right there, so it really isn't inconvenient at all.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7