Hostel Mali Mrak Zagreb Reviews

Dubicka 8, Zagreb, Croatia

I had an awesome time at this hostel. This is the first place I have ever stayed (and I've stayed in a lot) where the owner actually came in every night, knew everyone's names and was incredibly helpful. The atmosphere rocks and the out door area is super cool. The staff is incredibly helpful and always around! There weren't many people staying here at the time so everyone got to know each other really well. Only bad thing is how far it is. I would stay here again.

Staff were great; Paula and Ivana made the place a home! Nice outdoor seating, people were very friendly, chatting it up with everyone. Very laid back style, do as you please, clean up after yourself. Kitchen is small but has proper ammenities. Walking distance to everything. The two dogs are such a nice addition! Note: if you go on the trip to Plitvice Lakes, the price only includes transport - no guide & entrance fee to park is separate.

One of the best Hostels i experienced yet, absolutely a highlight! Located in a peaceful area in Zagreb, it was exactly the place i was looking for, a quiet, cosy place where you can meet great people and having interesting conversations in cosy common areas. Especially the stuff was undoubtedly awesome, always helpful and friendly! They intend to make a stay in Zagreb a good one, with perfect insidetipps for every kind of interest. Thanks a lot guys!

• 16th Apr 2015

Hands down the best hotel I have ever stayed in. So amazing. I've never felt more at home and like I was someone who was welcomed rather than a stranger. The staff were so amazingly helpful, with lots of recommendations and they acted more like friends than staff. They helped me out a lot, answered my questions and chilled with us. The hostel rooms were amazingly clean and the place was just chock full of so much artwork and creativity on every wall! Please. Do not pass up this place.

Thank you :) Best to both of you!

Thanks Igor, I had a great time. Staff made this place feel like home. Don't come if you want a crazy party hostel, but this place is perfect for a more mellow stay. Location is close to the tram line so not too hard to get into the city.

Yes, please listen to this intelligent woman: no crazy party place here. Shoo, go someplace else :) Thanks A., for the feedback and staying, great having you on board.

This has been said a million times already, but the staff is amazing! They will not only help point you in the right direction, they will even personally take you on adventures! Everything is super clean yet cozy and homey. The backyard is awesome and there's always people chilling there so you'll never be bored. If you love music (especially jazz) you're in for a happy surprise 😊 I'll be back!

Jazz spectrum courtesy of Filip :) !

The staff was truly wonderful. Super helpful and knowledgable and just plain friendly. They really do everything they can to help you enjoy zagreb and the hostel. The location was far from the center and the bathroom was cold and lacked water pressure/hot water at times.

I can only confirm the water pressure issue, which has been adressed today. Hot water is 24/7, you are the first person since 2007. to complain about that :D As for cold - please feel free to close the bathroom window if somebody leaves it open! Thanks for the rest :)

Great hostel. The owner and everyone I met is awesome. I highly recommend staying here.

• 3rd Apr 2015

I had a wonderful stay here. Although slightly far from the city center, there is a tram station close by for an easy transfer. The staff was extremely welcoming and even hung out with me and other guests staying there. I felt right at home and thorougly enjoyed the company. Not only this, but I received many great suggestions on things to do while in Zagreb and was able to explore some secrets of the city that I would not have known of otherwise. Thanks a ton Igor and company!

• 1st Apr 2015

Just a truly amazing experience I had at this hostel. Being half way across the world traveling to different cities every 4 days and staying at hostels that felt like hotels. But this hostel felt like a home and I was an old friend staying for a visit. The staff were the best, each and everyone of them introduced the selfs and were helpful in every way possible.Best hostel ever! I will be back to stay again.

thanks big man, was a great time having you here!

A lovely place that feels like home. Thanks to everyone for running the place with so much passion!

It's still a pleasure doing it, and the fact that you feel it makes it worth it :) Thanks from all here!

My stay here exceeded any and all expectations I had with my visit to Zagreb. I came in not knowing where to go or what to see: between the great suggestions, the personal tours of the markets or just chilling with the people at the hostel, I couldn't be happier with my experience with Mali Mrak. The people are so friendly, and they create an atmosphere that works on kindness and common sense. I've never felt so welcome so quickly with a group of strangers- who I now consider my world family.

I can't praise this hostel enough. My favourite one out every hostel I've stayed in. I even went back for a extra night. I was welcomed to a Turkish coffee which I was totally needing. All the staff went that extra mile to make my stay amazing. And to top it off the location was great as all the locals also take time to give you advice if needed. Can't wait to go back . Mali mrak was also a cool dude.

I can't say enough good things about this place. Amazing stay. Would come back and have already referred others. Hosts make you feel like you are at home and the dog has the best personality! (Yes, the dog) its out of the way but only a short tram ride to center or a nice walk through the city.

this place was meant to be a home for travelers. glad you felt it. Fenris the dog got hit by a car a few days later :( He's recovering now so cross your fingers, it looks good so far :)

This place was so damn cool. The house is so warm and inviting, the outdoor area is nice, the 2 common rooms are great, the computers are new and the WiFi is good. Not to mention Igor. He is such a great guy and even came out to dinner with the group, buying the whole table a round of beer.

enjoyed myself as well, thanks for staying :D

Incredible place! Fantastic hostel! Igor is the best! Stay here!!

lol. thanks!

Probably one of the best hostels I have stayed in. Really enjoyed my time there and everyone made you feel welcome. 100% would come back again.

nice to hear, Conor. Thanks for staying!

Igor was brilliant; he upgraded us free of charge, made us feel welcome in the city and made sure we got the most out of our time there.

Yep, couples can get free upgrades, especially if you stay longer. Don't expect this in summer though! Thanks for booking, staying & rating, was nice to meet you!

Nice hostel, nice hosts can't fault it!

I'm 19 from Canada and I loved my time in Zagreb staying with the Mali Mrak crew! If you are looking for a relaxing , comfortable place to stay then look no further. Igor and his crew put alot of work into this hostel to make sure that you feel warm and welcome. They will help you out with everything you need to about Zagreb, and in some cases personally show you around the city. I really felt like I was part of a community here rather than a paying customer. It was a pleasure to say the least !

« first « Prev 1 2 3