Hostel Mali Mrak Zagreb Reviews

Dubicka 8, Zagreb, Croatia

We loved our stay here and it was so easy to get there. It was I'm a beautiful location. We got a day trip to plitvice lakes through the hostel which was so well organised and good value. On our third night I got extremely drunk in totally unacceptable, immature and antisocial way. Whilst I was vomiting and making a fool of myself the hostel staff were amazing at looking after me and cleaning up quickly so it was not uncomfortable for other guests. I am truly sorry for ruining anyone else's stay

That was a brave thing to write, A. :) More mature than many people, i'd have to say :) You have our respect, and, as i told you, you didn't really ruin anybody's stay. Almost no one (except the ONE person :D) was offended. I think we have all been there, at one point. Take care with the booze in the future. Igor

I had a poor experience but it might be an isolated thing and not reflective of the hostel as a whole. My problem was this: I was in a hurry to grab my bus to Plitvice. I needed a locker right away but was told that the lock will come when some dude working there wakes up. So I was forced to leave my stuff without a lock but promised that it'll be watched (it wasn't). When I came back, everything was moved to the staff bedroom where it wasn't in a locker, just lying on the floor 4 anyone to take

Well, I spent my best night there. I love all the lovely, friendly and interesting staffs and it's quite an experience! Love u all!

Same here, genuine pleasure to have met you :) Take care & thank you very much for booking here!

I have to say that there is no place at which I have felt more at home and comfortable with everyone, and it is a community in so many different ways. I feel like Mali Mrak is the perfect exapmle of how an institution should be run: By making the whole experience fun and interesting, by providing great advice of where to go, or great company for those nights that you do stay in. I have honestly never enjoyed a place so much and have already started preparing plans to go back next year. Awesome!

• 14th Jul 2014

Always welcome here, Fin :) My regards. Thank you.

I never expected one place amazing like that one!!!! All there are so nice, the staffs, the building, the garden... The atmosphere there make you feel like home!!!! Thanks for the oportunity to meet you and enjoy that feeling!!!!

Hi, you have been a sweetheart, it was wonderful having you :) Come back soon! P.S. Thank you again for the Nutella :) Ivana

Probably one of the best hostels we've stayed at during our 5 week trip. The staff are super friendly and make you feel so welcome, we couldnt fault them one bit. The hostel itself is a relaxing place to stay and has a brilliant atmosphere. They also have the cutest dog in the world. Id recommend this hostel to anyone planning a trip to Zagreb, and would definitely stay here again if I decided to visit Zagreb a second time.

This is turning out to be a beautiful summer. So many good people coming, it's just great :) Thank you !

The staff is very nice and available, but the room wasn't clean when i came in. The location and the atmosphere is nice but it's located quite far from the centre of the town.

Do you really expect the people who work here to do maintenance at 6:00 am in the morning, when you checked in? To enter the room and clean up the mess of your room mates at that time? Dear man, in that case, i recommend the Zagreb Sheraton ;) Igor

The mattress was awesome! I really slept well the night I stayed in Malik. The place is all chilled out and the garden looked like a nice place to get to know other people. I was kinda concerned about how safe is the place since they don't have a proper lock at the entrance and anyone can go into the hostel. Also I didn't have a locker. Anyway I didn't have any problem with my stuff. The kitchen was ok but too small. The directions to the hostel can be improved and not just saying "use gmaps"

I like your review, but i have to point out you are quite ridiculous in some points. What's a proper lock for you? You want a fallout vault with space robots and gattling guns guarding it? I don't know about your place, but here a normal lock is more than sufficient to keep us "safe". There's two kitchens, not just one, as well. And i think you should improve your reading skills, because we have very exhaustive directions on HW. Stop being the tourist and become a backpacker.

good vibes, good people. the epitome of what a hostel should be! thanks igor and filip

Great hostel, friendly staff, and a fun atmosphere. The garden is a great space, and the decorations inside are awesome! (Especially the painted walls!) The hostel is a little far from the center of town, but the tram takes you right there, so it really isn't inconvenient at all.

Truly the craziest, most quirky hostel I have ever stayed in. The hosts are so welcoming and its a great communal feel, very homely. It is a little far out of town, but its just around the corner from the Tram Station, and is only a 7 min trip in from there. A must for everyone going to Zagreb.

LoL :D two thumbs up, love the review!

We were traveling for a month before my friend and I stumbled upon mali mrak and once we got there we never wanted to leave! The staff is INCREDIBLE and the atmosphere is the best of any hostel we've been to. Literally everyone we met extended their stay. No one wanted to leave. Unfortunately I got quite sick my last night but the owner herself volunteered to drive me to the hospital at 11 pm. All in all, it was a good place to have fun but also a place where I felt safe and taken care of.

• 26th Jun 2014

Can ask better everyone is generous at this place! Very friendly, love it, just like back home with my friends. Stay there

Thank you though!

Nice, but small and noise in the morning.

Niçe hostel and very niçe staff. Beds are not very comfy and you need 20 min with the tramway but itvs a Nice hostel for have some rest and chill out! (Help you for plan some day trip! Very good!!)

it's the weird princess, all over again. You need to relax, dear ;)

This was an incredible hostel that I highly recommend for anyone traveling alone or any people who enjoy meeting other travelers. It's outside the city center but absolutely worth it. They have a really nice garden area where everyone hangs out (in addition to several nice indoor spaces) which I really enjoyed. The staff are incredibly friendly, not only did they tell me about their favorite places but they actually took the time to take me there themselves. Enjoy your stay!

You're most welcome :)

Nice staff and good atmosphere. Be very nice for a single taveler. They organise day trip very well. Just beds are not the most comfy.

a weird princess :)

Really chilled and nice atmosphere, this hostel attracts good people to talk with

• 21st Jun 2014

At times this place might seem a bit messy, shady, quirky or dodgy, but if you don't mind that and you are willing to stay outside the city centre, then you'll find a clean and homely hostel in Mali Mrak. A day ticket for the tram is really not expensive and it will get you back to the hostel in less than 20 minutes. The garden is a great place to relax in and to meet other people staying in the hostel. Definately stay here for more than just a stopover on the way to the Croatian coast.

My, that's quite a quirky/contradictory review :) Messy, but 5/5 cleanliness rating :D ? That's fair, i think, given how much time all of us spend cleaning the place. When you have 20+ people checking out, showering, washing laundry, cooking etc, things do have a tendency to get messy for a while, no helping it :D . Thanks for the fun review, was good having you here!

Amazing hostel !! The staff is great!! They gave me some awesome traveling tips and the atmosphere is just beyond awesome :)

Backpackers, ask for traveling tips. It *will* make a difference, not only in time and money, but in quality as well. Croatia is, like any other country, full of places that you want to skip (not surprisingly, some of these are the places many of you come to see in the first place, while you're missing out on the 'real' Croatia). Thanks for the kind words, see you next time :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6