Hostel Mali Mrak Zagreb Reviews

Dubicka 8, Zagreb, Croatia

I'm 19 from Canada and I loved my time in Zagreb staying with the Mali Mrak crew! If you are looking for a relaxing , comfortable place to stay then look no further. Igor and his crew put alot of work into this hostel to make sure that you feel warm and welcome. They will help you out with everything you need to about Zagreb, and in some cases personally show you around the city. I really felt like I was part of a community here rather than a paying customer. It was a pleasure to say the least !

Money can not buy the experience you get when staying at Mali Mrak. Igor is an exceptional host and friend, he and Ivana and Fenris and everyone else made our stay in Zagreb a trip to remember forever. He went out of his way to make us feel like home, we got upgraded to a private room, Igor took us on a hike where drank home-made ginger tea, to the market and a Cafe afterwards, enjoyed wine and friendly conversations in the backyard and so on. We are definitely coming back one day. Stay here!

This is a house of simplicity. Good people are welcome :) thank you, icelanders, it was great having you aboard :D

Amazing hostel with a relaxed, family vibe. Igor is so helpful and gave us recommendations for the rest of our trip through Croatia. Facilities are perfect and very well taken care of. Highly recommend staying here!

Fantastic hostel with really good vibes! But the most special thing was spending time meeting the hostel owner Igor and having him show me the city and invite me to do small daily things with him, haven't been to a hostel where that has happened before. The location is a little bit further out but the tram connects it perfectly and you're out of the centre so you really get to relax. Recommend to someone who wants to feel at home.

More like a stay with family than a stay at a hostel

This is one of the hostels that was made for travelers. Amenities are great, staff is absolutely amazing, and the general experience really is eyeopening to how travelers, and the world as a whole, should behave. The owner and residents will show you all the good spots for eating, drinking, hiking, and general sightseeing. It was an awesome and informative experience. I recommend it to anyone spending time in Zagreb. If you're a traveler, you won't be let down.

Some of the friendliest people I have the pleasure of meeting, safe and welcoming place, makes you feel like you are home. Will be staying again

all the best, it was a pleasure!

One of our best hostel, great place, cozy atmosphere with very nice, interesting, intelligent people, other visitors and friendly staff. After a long and demanding day in the city you are able to take a nice rest or a good sleep or if you want to pass your time with other visitors you always feel welcome to join different group activities and interesting conversations, making new friendships. The place is also very clean and safe. I would definitely recommend it to everyone. Thank you Mali Mrak

hvala i vama, super je bilo :) !

The Mali Mrak Hostel is like a home for travelers, the owner and his staff make you feel very well in an amazing environment.

This is where you will get way more than you asked for. It is run by a bunch of intelligent, passionate, warm, efficient people. It was not even as if they were trying too hard, they were just naturally people's people. I weighed every place I went to after being here, against it and they paled in comparison. Everything was clean, things were easy, people were always around to help you out with whatever you needed. It was actually rather perfect.

'things were easy' - i like that :D thank you!

Cozy place with very warm and helpful staff. We felt at home during our four day stay. The host (Igor) is an awesome dude who goes out of his way to create a natural and easygoing environment at the hostel. Definitely staying here again on my next trip to zagreb!

If you're looking for laid back and community, you've found it. My stay was short but this was a great experience in an incredibly accommodating and gracious place with a genuine, helpful, and kind staff. I prefer quiet, local, neighborhood settings so I had no problem whatsoever with a short tram ride to the city center. As a solo traveler, I felt like family over the holidays. The icing on the cake is the helpfulness and attractiveness of the host, Igor. Stay here: it's a gem in Zagreb.

eep, i'm blushing :D Thank you though, it was a very nice time!

Aaaaahhh, the Mali Mrak! I booked for 5 nights and ended up staying for 3 weeks through Christmas and New Year's. It's a truly lovely place filled with fantastic human beings and a dog named Fenris! What more could you want? It's homey and clean and there's a kitchen (albeit a tiny one) capable of preparing feasts, as well as a common room where I met many a fellow passing traveller. I had an outrageously nice stay here in Zagreb and I wouldn't even consider staying elsewhere! Thanks Igor!!

• 17th Dec 2014

Best hostel in zargreb. that's it.

• 17th Dec 2014
  • South Korea

S., i really appreciate the sentiment, but that would mean you have been to all 40+ hostels in the city ;) Mali Mrak is pretty allright, though, i daresay :D Thanks for staying with us!

It was good atmosphere and kind staff. I stayed it feel like at home as staff said me. If you stay in Zagreb, I think your best choice.

Thank you for the recommendation & for staying. It is really appreciated!

Excellent hostel, great location, and very nice atmospehere. This hostel has all the facilities for both short term and long term stays. They had good WiFi, clean and warm showers, heaters, comfy beds, full kitchen with gas stoves, a garage and backyard to hangout, computers on each floor, a big piano, and very friendly people. Igor, the owner is an awesome guy, he is always on top of everything to make sure that the guests have a great time. Wonderful place, definitely staying here if i go back

Thanks. Had a wonderful time :)

I would reommend staying here as the atmosphere and the staff are really welcoming; it has a true hostel vibe, it invites conversations :) Very laid back, arty surroundings that you can add to if you wish and cool staff. Also location is close to trams and buses while also offering u a chance to see a local neighbourhood. When I come back to Zagreb, in the summer this time ;) , I would stay here :)

• 27th Nov 2014

This is not a hostel. It's Igor's place.. he invites you in and you just need to help him pay some bills. The best atmosphere I've ever felt in a "hostel", their garage is awesome, great place to relax after walking the whole day. The guys that live and help in the house are great also, very helpful and friendly. Even out of season you'll surely find a great vibe in the place. Thanks for hosting me guys! I'll try to come back in a better weather! hehe

i wish it were that easy :) but i do agree with you - while the bills have to be paid (unless someone comes up with an idea how to avoid this, suggestions are welcome :D), i like to stay away from the typical, commercial profile that many hostels have. Good feedback, thank you very much!

One of thr best hostels I've ever stayed at! The staff made me feel at home instantly. When I stayed here, it was very cold outside so I hung out in the garage with the staff 75% of the time I was here. Definitely worth a stay if you're looking for a friendly, safe, and calm atmosphere.

I would not hesitate to stay here again. The best aspect of this hostel, and the most important for me when in any new city, is the staff. I am very grateful to Igor for all his help in the short time I was there! The hostel is also very clean and it's easy to reach the city centre and train station form there. Make it easy for yourself and just stay there!

• 20th Nov 2014
  • New Zealand

And we wouldn't hesitate to host you again :=)

« first « Prev 1 2 3