Hostel Mali Mrak Zagreb Reviews

Dubicka 8, Zagreb, Croatia

Some of the friendliest people I have the pleasure of meeting, safe and welcoming place, makes you feel like you are home. Will be staying again

One of our best hostel, great place, cozy atmosphere with very nice, interesting, intelligent people, other visitors and friendly staff. After a long and demanding day in the city you are able to take a nice rest or a good sleep or if you want to pass your time with other visitors you always feel welcome to join different group activities and interesting conversations, making new friendships. The place is also very clean and safe. I would definitely recommend it to everyone. Thank you Mali Mrak

hvala i vama, super je bilo :) !

The Mali Mrak Hostel is like a home for travelers, the owner and his staff make you feel very well in an amazing environment.

Cozy place with very warm and helpful staff. We felt at home during our four day stay. The host (Igor) is an awesome dude who goes out of his way to create a natural and easygoing environment at the hostel. Definitely staying here again on my next trip to zagreb!

If you're looking for laid back and community, you've found it. My stay was short but this was a great experience in an incredibly accommodating and gracious place with a genuine, helpful, and kind staff. I prefer quiet, local, neighborhood settings so I had no problem whatsoever with a short tram ride to the city center. As a solo traveler, I felt like family over the holidays. The icing on the cake is the helpfulness and attractiveness of the host, Igor. Stay here: it's a gem in Zagreb.

Aaaaahhh, the Mali Mrak! I booked for 5 nights and ended up staying for 3 weeks through Christmas and New Year's. It's a truly lovely place filled with fantastic human beings and a dog named Fenris! What more could you want? It's homey and clean and there's a kitchen (albeit a tiny one) capable of preparing feasts, as well as a common room where I met many a fellow passing traveller. I had an outrageously nice stay here in Zagreb and I wouldn't even consider staying elsewhere! Thanks Igor!!

• 17th Dec 2014

Best hostel in zargreb. that's it.

• 17th Dec 2014
  • South Korea

S., i really appreciate the sentiment, but that would mean you have been to all 40+ hostels in the city ;) Mali Mrak is pretty allright, though, i daresay :D Thanks for staying with us!

It was good atmosphere and kind staff. I stayed it feel like at home as staff said me. If you stay in Zagreb, I think your best choice.

Thank you for the recommendation & for staying. It is really appreciated!

Excellent hostel, great location, and very nice atmospehere. This hostel has all the facilities for both short term and long term stays. They had good WiFi, clean and warm showers, heaters, comfy beds, full kitchen with gas stoves, a garage and backyard to hangout, computers on each floor, a big piano, and very friendly people. Igor, the owner is an awesome guy, he is always on top of everything to make sure that the guests have a great time. Wonderful place, definitely staying here if i go back

Thanks. Had a wonderful time :)

I would reommend staying here as the atmosphere and the staff are really welcoming; it has a true hostel vibe, it invites conversations :) Very laid back, arty surroundings that you can add to if you wish and cool staff. Also location is close to trams and buses while also offering u a chance to see a local neighbourhood. When I come back to Zagreb, in the summer this time ;) , I would stay here :)

• 27th Nov 2014

This is not a hostel. It's Igor's place.. he invites you in and you just need to help him pay some bills. The best atmosphere I've ever felt in a "hostel", their garage is awesome, great place to relax after walking the whole day. The guys that live and help in the house are great also, very helpful and friendly. Even out of season you'll surely find a great vibe in the place. Thanks for hosting me guys! I'll try to come back in a better weather! hehe

i wish it were that easy :) but i do agree with you - while the bills have to be paid (unless someone comes up with an idea how to avoid this, suggestions are welcome :D), i like to stay away from the typical, commercial profile that many hostels have. Good feedback, thank you very much!

One of thr best hostels I've ever stayed at! The staff made me feel at home instantly. When I stayed here, it was very cold outside so I hung out in the garage with the staff 75% of the time I was here. Definitely worth a stay if you're looking for a friendly, safe, and calm atmosphere.

I would not hesitate to stay here again. The best aspect of this hostel, and the most important for me when in any new city, is the staff. I am very grateful to Igor for all his help in the short time I was there! The hostel is also very clean and it's easy to reach the city centre and train station form there. Make it easy for yourself and just stay there!

• 20th Nov 2014
  • New Zealand

And we wouldn't hesitate to host you again :=)

Mali Mrak is the best! Igor really gets what a hostel is supposed to be. The atmosphere here is the best. It's the perfect spot to relax in the middle of your travels and the host (Igor) will even show you around the town if you want. We made excellent friends during our stay here and if we go back to Zagreb (which I'm sure we will), we're definitely staying at Mali Mrak!!!

• 7th Nov 2014

gracias! but the thanks actually go to all the people here that contribute to the place, which, incidentally, includes you, as well :D

My favorite hostel so far, the atmosphere is amazing. Good location, just a short walk to the tram station. Met some amazing people, had a great time with the staff, close to some good hiking spots. The first hostel ive felt comfortable leaving my toothbrush in the washroom! Very cutie dog there aswell. Good vibes all around. Extended my stay, i enjoyed it so much

LoL, very curious remark about the toothbrush :) Thank you for staying so long, good days, A. All the best.

I loved my time at Mali Mrak! The hostel is a little outside the city center, but it's an easy walk from the nearby tram stop. There's a lovely little wine shop just a couple blocks away, and a large grocery store one block further. The facilities are comfortable and very clean (Igor wouldn't have it any other way :D). You'll probably find yourself spending a lot of time in the spacious yard, where there's a small outdoor kitchen space to do some cooking. Best, funkiest hostel in Croatia!

One of the best and most unique hostels I've stayed at. It's more like staying with a large family, and the atmosphere is very warm. Igor was very helpful and his advice was invaluable in helping me explore Zagreb. Highly recommended!

• 4th Nov 2014
  • India

Why, that's lovely, thank you :=) !!

I can not express how much I loved my one night stay at this hostel to anyone thinking of booking. Igor and Ivanna are such characters; caring, passionate, creative and such a treat to be around. The house is vibrant, quirky and full of love. You are made to relax and take things at a a slower pace great after moving around so much. We cooked dinner together each night and I even hung out till late the next day before my bus. So much love for this home and the gorgeous people it inhabits!! Xx

We always appreciate when somebody recognizes how much we appreciate the house. Thanks :) !

Lovely lovely people running the place! They offered us soup and were super helpful and the hostel itself is beautiful, defiantly one of my favourite places I've stayed!

lol, i love your typO : defiantly :D ! Thanks for staying!!

Awesome hostel, incredible vibe and incredible people. A truly rare occurrence of a home away from home can be found within these beautifully painted walls. The hostel is run by amazing people that truly care about your experiences and enjoyment and it always shows. Easily one of the best hostels I have stayed at for many months of travels around Europe thus far.

• 27th Oct 2014