Hostel Mali Mrak Zagreb Reviews

Dubicka 8, Zagreb, Croatia

My favourite hostel so far. The staff there are friendly and welcoming not because it is their job, but because they are naturally friendly people. I felt immediately at ease at Mali Mrak, as the people I met there were all accepting and understanding. The hostel offers easy access to the city via tram and will also organise taxis and buses for you should you need them. The hostel is close to the forest and mountains nearby, which are nice for a days walking. Stay here! :)

Igor and his' staff were exceptionally helpful and friendly and as a result all of guests were relaxed and friendly also. There were rules in place for the benefit of all, however they were allowed to be stretched a little toward everyone's enjoyment. A ten minute tram ride to Zagreb centre, handy to supermarkets and everything a traveller needs. On top of this the amenities were of a high standard and cleanliness was A1.. Can't stress enough how welcoming it felt.

• 19th Aug 2014

One of the best hostels that I came across! a very welcoming feel by Igor ( the owner ) and Ivana who cooked for everyone a delicious dinner. all the guests gathered in the cozy backyard for chatting and eating dinner together. all in all we had a pleasant stay and will be glad to come back again!!

Mali Mrak is one of those special hostels that makes a trip worthwhile all by itself. Certainly one of the best, most relaxed, and social hostels I've ever visited.

It was really a nice stay, just feel like a family, and also good opportunities to know some interesting friends. If I had more time, I would have stayed longer.

• 16th Aug 2014
  • China

My pleasure to have spent time with you. All the best. Igor

The hostel had a really good atmosphere. Great hosts and a lovely chilled place to stay, would definitely stay again when in Zagreb. I recommend it to anyone wanting somewhere to relax and get a true insight in to the city.

Thank you very much. was a good trip :)

I'm not sure what more you can ask for in a hostel. The staff is amazing and the atmosphere is amazing. Igor is very helpful and friendly; I wish we had more time there actually. I've been in maybe 20 different hostels, this was my favorite.

I can tell you, what more to ask :D - good people that come into your house, that's all you need to make the place complete. Thank you, N. All the best!

Mali Mrak hostel is so exceptional that I must review it, despite my lazyness! The atmosphere of this place is very unique. Chilled out place, where it is so easy to interact with different people, Igor and his staff are honestly the most inviting and helpful people and make the hostel exceptional. Igor took us to a local brewery and bike ride around Zagreb. Allowing us to appreciate Zagreb in a way you can't just by general sight seeing. Will definitely visit again. This hostel is amazing.

• 15th Aug 2014

I really enjoyed the stay at this hostel!The staff is super friendly, Igor took us for a cycling tour,went to a brewery with us an gave us super information about how to experience zagreb the local way.Some might say it is a bit off the road but in the end it's just a short ride with the tram.If I would come back to zagreb this is deffinately the place where I would stay again!!Thanks for your support and hopefully we will see us again!Greetz Hanjo

This is probably the best hostel I've stayed in. The staff is incredibly friendly an helpful and the atmosphere was so chilled!

• 14th Aug 2014

There is no spoon :)

great place to stay, fantastic atmosphere, retro quirky, fun staff who go out of their way to help guests and an added bonus of cute dogs! if u r looking for a place to chill, meet likeminded people then this is the place for u :) the ten min tram ride is easy enough but if you too lazy to do that, then sadly , its your loss! thanks so much guys, sure i'll be back! ;)

• 13th Aug 2014
  • Czech Republic

Sometimes finding the best hostel isn't about having anything and everything included or the most up-to-date facilities, it's about finding somewhere that makes you feel as though you're being welcomed into a friend's home. If you like the clinical, hotel types of properties then this isn't for you, but for those that want a more organic experience, Mali Mrak is a beautiful little place that makes you feel you've stumbled on to a hidden gem, try it and I dare you not to be smiling when you leave

How poetic! organic, great choice of word, i use it frequently when i think about the hostel. Lovely read, your review, thanks :))

Nice...... verry nice : )

Hahaha :) well, thanks, verrry nice of you!

We really liked this hostel, especially the big locker we were provided that was able to fit our carry-on sized suitcase, duffel bag, and backpack. The rooms were also air-conditioned! And the hostel is about a 5min walk from a tram that also has a night-line. The staff were friendly as well.

Nice hostel has its own soul. Every room has been painting in different style. Nice atmosphere and nice staff. It's worthy of the money in Zagreb. Not in the center, but the trams are very convenient to take to anywhere.

Aa, a review from the far East. 80% ? I'll take that as a 110 % - you people are quite specific :) Thank you, i appreciate the words, they're good.

This is definitely somewhere to go if you want a backpackers atmosphere where you can meet lots of new people. The owner and staff are very welcoming and extremely helpful. It's very homely and we had a great stay there. Thanks Igor.

Very welcoming and friendly staff. We weent planning to stay in Zagreb but after we had been yo Mali mrak, we wished we could of stayed longer

• 5th Aug 2014

Likewise, lovely guests :) Thanks!

An extremely lovely hostel! I recommend it to anyone who is looking for a sense of community on their travels. Igor and his staff are so welcoming and helpful. Whenever met with questions they'd do their best to help. The hostel's rooms are well kept and the bathrooms are always clean. The hostel has an ideal location for those looking for a peaceful neighborhood. 5-10 minute commute to local tram station, this was never a problem, it was fun getting to know town. Stop reading this and book now!

thank you for recognizing our efforts to keep the place clean and good :) Had a great time with you two, all the best!

I stayed 3 nights at this hostel and had a really lovely time, I wish I could have stayed longer! Special mention to all of the staff they make you feel right at home! I will definitely be back soon Miss you guys already

• 4th Aug 2014

hey, had a great time, nice bike trip :D See you around & thanks for staying!

We didn't get a key for our room and the hostel front door was left open all the time. The kitchen was never cleaned the whole time we were here. The staff were friendly and helpful but hard to find around the hostel. It was quite far out so we got a bit lost from the train. "Use gmaps" isn't the best instruction!

Just ask for the key, each room has one, sometimes we forget. Don't be scared, this isn't your hometown :) Say, what's wrong with these people and their "gmaps" comment - you get an email that advises you to do so, but in ADDITION to the EXTENSIVE directions on HOSTELWORLD. Do you know that every hostel has directions when you book on hostelworld? Yes, imagine that...

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7