Hostel Mali Mrak Zagreb

Superb 1741 Total Reviews

• markwumitchell
  • USA, Male, 18-24
24th Jul 2017

Absolutely amazing hostel. It's probably the best that I have stayed in so far that is not a party hostel. Really cool atmosphere but this is further enhanced by the wonderful staff. Not only are they extremely helpful, but they genuinely like to spend time with the guests and get yo know them. The entire house is very clean as well. Very cool home away from home feeling here. If you play chess, ask for a game with Phillip. You'll probably lose though.

• dowon10148288
  • USA, Male, 18-24
22nd Jul 2017

Dope place, very friendly people, good showers. Actually a hostel rather than the typical rebranded hotel. Go here and have no regrets.

• Scotland, Mixed Group, 18-24
21st Jul 2017

This was one of the best hostels we've stayed in! Although it was a 10 min (if that) tram from the city centre the transport was easy to use and regular. The hostel had a great atmosphere and lots of common rooms and a lovely garden to sit and cook in. The staff were amazing, so helpful and friendly and gave lots of recomendations of what to do in the city. It felt like staying in a family home! Will definitely stay here any time I'm in Zagreb!

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
19th Jul 2017

We were welcomed by Igor who is lovely and super friendly! He gave us a tour and showed us what we could do with our limited time while staying in Zagreb. It's a very quirky hostel with art all over the place which we LOVED!!! And we liked the fact that it had a few notes as a reminder to clean up after yourself. We had AC in the room which was fab, especially in the heatwave! Overall we can say if we go back to Croatia we are 100% going to Mali Mrak again, mostly for the dog and Igor

• Ireland, Male, 25-30
19th Jul 2017

This place is special, a home away from home. Hopefully see you all again sooner rather than later.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
19th Jul 2017

Had a good stay here, nothing to complain about other than lack of power outlets in dorms (but I may have been unlucky with bed choice). Super interesting hostel, always something to look at, everyone is really friendly and chilled and the dog got along with ours well, which was fantastic :) not far out of the city especially if you're used to travelling in anyway, and the tram is close regardless :) would stay again!

• England, Couple, 25-30
3.7

The bald man who checked us in was quite rude and didn't even introduce himself to us, then on the second night we got angry at us for talking too loudly at 11:45pm, then refused to speak to us the next day. They have aggressive notes about mopping the shower & cleaning everything all over the walls, which if it was a cheap stay, I would totally agree with, but to charge over £110 for 2 nights, I expect them to make sure the place is clean themselves. Total rip off, very disappointed

1. You violated this country's customs/culture and also law, which pretty clearly states 22:00 as the end of shouting and yelling. You got a reprimand and now you pout. 2. The house rules are clear, you are required to clean up after yourself, not other people. You may shut up and respect the rules. 3. You forgot to mention you had a private room for 3 persons, your pet rat and a dog for no extra charge for 2 nights. You knew the price, house rules and still made the booking. 4. I've met thousands of fantastic people from England, but it's people like you who create the unpopular stereotype. You might even learn some culture while travelling. The bald man

• Austria, Couple, 18-24
18th Jul 2017

Everything is outstanding here. The people, the location, just amazing. Wish I could stay longer, Zagreb is a beautiful city to visit!

13th Jul 2017

One of the cleanest Euro hostels I've stayed in. Staff is wonderful--I was nervous after reading reviews that it sounded "too cool" for me, but not the case. Everyone was friendly and welcoming. Comfy beds, it was cooler during my stay so didn't affect me, but could see how limited a/c could be an issue for some guests. Showers/toilets are all combined ( just1 per floor) so plan accordingly. Further from the city center than I would prefer. Still easy get too, just means extra planning.

Hello & thanks. People often comment on the level od cleanliness here. Filip, Toni & me really have strict internal rules for maintainence., though you will find the occassional dustmote. Don't panic! But what many don't know is that 'clean' also depends on the guests, and I have to say we're impressed by the backpacking community that visits here - marvellous participation:) ! As for 'too cool' I have no clue what that means, idioms can be empty phrases these days, but I'd like to quote a favorite review: "the people here are very down to earth". And that's all there is. Pretentious , snobbish folks and their kind are in the wrong place here. Igor.

8th Jul 2017

This place was lovely! They had great recommendations for where to eat and things to do around the city. Wonderful atmosphere!

It's personal. Giving good recommendations, that is :) a pleasure, anytime!