Hostel Mali Mrak Zagreb Reviews

Dubicka 8, Zagreb, Croatia

Excellent hostel, great location, and very nice atmospehere. This hostel has all the facilities for both short term and long term stays. They had good WiFi, clean and warm showers, heaters, comfy beds, full kitchen with gas stoves, a garage and backyard to hangout, computers on each floor, a big piano, and very friendly people. Igor, the owner is an awesome guy, he is always on top of everything to make sure that the guests have a great time. Wonderful place, definitely staying here if i go back

I would reommend staying here as the atmosphere and the staff are really welcoming; it has a true hostel vibe, it invites conversations :) Very laid back, arty surroundings that you can add to if you wish and cool staff. Also location is close to trams and buses while also offering u a chance to see a local neighbourhood. When I come back to Zagreb, in the summer this time ;) , I would stay here :)

• 27th Nov 2014

This is not a hostel. It's Igor's place.. he invites you in and you just need to help him pay some bills. The best atmosphere I've ever felt in a "hostel", their garage is awesome, great place to relax after walking the whole day. The guys that live and help in the house are great also, very helpful and friendly. Even out of season you'll surely find a great vibe in the place. Thanks for hosting me guys! I'll try to come back in a better weather! hehe

i wish it were that easy :) but i do agree with you - while the bills have to be paid (unless someone comes up with an idea how to avoid this, suggestions are welcome :D), i like to stay away from the typical, commercial profile that many hostels have. Good feedback, thank you very much!

I would not hesitate to stay here again. The best aspect of this hostel, and the most important for me when in any new city, is the staff. I am very grateful to Igor for all his help in the short time I was there! The hostel is also very clean and it's easy to reach the city centre and train station form there. Make it easy for yourself and just stay there!

• 20th Nov 2014
  • New Zealand

And we wouldn't hesitate to host you again :=)

Mali Mrak is the best! Igor really gets what a hostel is supposed to be. The atmosphere here is the best. It's the perfect spot to relax in the middle of your travels and the host (Igor) will even show you around the town if you want. We made excellent friends during our stay here and if we go back to Zagreb (which I'm sure we will), we're definitely staying at Mali Mrak!!!

• 7th Nov 2014

gracias! but the thanks actually go to all the people here that contribute to the place, which, incidentally, includes you, as well :D

My favorite hostel so far, the atmosphere is amazing. Good location, just a short walk to the tram station. Met some amazing people, had a great time with the staff, close to some good hiking spots. The first hostel ive felt comfortable leaving my toothbrush in the washroom! Very cutie dog there aswell. Good vibes all around. Extended my stay, i enjoyed it so much

LoL, very curious remark about the toothbrush :) Thank you for staying so long, good days, A. All the best.

One of the best and most unique hostels I've stayed at. It's more like staying with a large family, and the atmosphere is very warm. Igor was very helpful and his advice was invaluable in helping me explore Zagreb. Highly recommended!

• 4th Nov 2014
  • India

Why, that's lovely, thank you :=) !!

I can not express how much I loved my one night stay at this hostel to anyone thinking of booking. Igor and Ivanna are such characters; caring, passionate, creative and such a treat to be around. The house is vibrant, quirky and full of love. You are made to relax and take things at a a slower pace great after moving around so much. We cooked dinner together each night and I even hung out till late the next day before my bus. So much love for this home and the gorgeous people it inhabits!! Xx

We always appreciate when somebody recognizes how much we appreciate the house. Thanks :) !

Lovely lovely people running the place! They offered us soup and were super helpful and the hostel itself is beautiful, defiantly one of my favourite places I've stayed!

lol, i love your typO : defiantly :D ! Thanks for staying!!

Awesome hostel, incredible vibe and incredible people. A truly rare occurrence of a home away from home can be found within these beautifully painted walls. The hostel is run by amazing people that truly care about your experiences and enjoyment and it always shows. Easily one of the best hostels I have stayed at for many months of travels around Europe thus far.

• 27th Oct 2014

We had a fantastic stay at this hostel!!! The beds were comfortable, rooms and toilets were very clean, etc. Was out a ways from the city center but close to the tram and getting into the center was very easy. The staff were amazing. Igor and Ivana provided a very warm and welcoming atmosphere. Very down to earth and "real," hanging out with us and showing us a good time in Zagreb. Very refreshing to be surrounded by such generous and genuine folks. We loved it!!!

• 27th Oct 2014

Likewise, had a great time. I for one was impressed that you came to Croatia because you saw Mali Mrak :D That's quite..something :)) All the best, Igor

This hostel is amazing. From the moment you walk through the door Igor and the staff make you feel at home. For a home away from home place to stay in Zagreb this is the place to be. I will definitely be back!

• 27th Oct 2014

Very pretty and cute hostel ! Friendly staff ! Enjoyed my stay there :)

• 24th Oct 2014
  • India

Very cute ladies :) thanks for coming!

The hostel was beautiful, the staff were more like friends. One of the best experiences of my life and Mali Mrak played a massive part in making my experience so enjoyable. Thank you! Andrew

• 17th Oct 2014
  • Scotland

Ever the gentleman. Pleasure having you aboard, until next time!

The hostel has a great atmosphere which facilitates the meeting of other travellers. I just love everything about this hostel. It has all the usual facilities including 2 kitchens (one is open air), clean shower rooms and toilets! The common area of the hostel are decorated with beautiful arts and everything in this hostel is just GREAT! The staffs even the owner were so helpful and they literally treated everyone like their family. I would 200% recommend this hostel to everyone!

Nice you stopped by here :) Thanks!

It was very good. Thanks Igor!

You were very good :D Thanks as well!

Comments are pretty accurate - very laid back and cool vibe. Staff is very helpful and we enjoyed our time

Glad you had a good time :) thanks for reviewing!

Absolutely fantastic hostel, by far the best one we stayed in our whole trip! The staff were so welcoming and made up feel at home. I look forward to going back there.

• 23rd Sep 2014

:) Thanks Sam!

Quiet neighborhood and everyone was pretty chill staying there. But, the outdoors patio was trashed ; reminded me of a college party after a LONG night of partying. I'm a fan of partying, but management needs to clean up for those wanting to use the space too. The signs of cleaning up after yourself were pretty excessive.

I wasn't here during your stay, but i trust my people more than i trust your review. Unless something was truly amiss and wrong, this description can't be accurate, it appears rather superficial and inflated, and i see by the other marks you left you simply didn't like the place. Igor

The place doesn't feel like a hostel, maybe a cross between a home and a beautiful art project. Facilities etc are clean and in good nick, but this pales in comparison to the people running it. I don't know how Igor, Filip, Ivana, Fenris et al, make the place into something truly special, but so much love is poured into it that it's impossible not to get something amazing out. The atmosphere is amazing and the building is gorgeous! What a great oasis for weary travelers! Will be recommending :)

• 13th Sep 2014

Interesting perspective, thank you indeed!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6