9.3
Superb 1,509 Total Reviews
9.3
Superb 1,509 Total Reviews
Hostel Mali Mrak Zagreb Located at Dubicka 8, , Zagreb.
Croatia
Zagreb 10000 Dubicka 8
93% 1509
45.8129230 15.9293288
    Rooms available

• New Zealand, Female, 25-30
19th Jul 2016

Very homely and comfortable hostel. Loved the outdoor kitchen and the whole atmosphere of this place. It is a bit further out but it's so easy to catch the team or bus into the old town. Plus the supermarket is close! Thanks again for welcoming us into your lovely home in Zagreb :)

16th Jul 2016

I didn't feel the need to lock my things,the front door is locked when reception isn't around. It isn't in the centre of town but not far to walk or tram it. Always clean, indoor and outdoor kitchen. A quiet location with a secluded back yard. Staff were so friendly and easy going, willing to do anything. For example, my last day I only had 20 Kuna left (I needed 30 Kuna to get to the airport) so they gave me the extra 10 Kuna! "You're not walking to the airport if I have to drive you my

let me finish that :"..if i have to drive you myself" :D A brave, but very silly idea, i told you. the airport is in another town actually. Walking that is suicide in the July heat. And nevermind the 10kn, it's just paper, in the end. Thanks for staying dear!

13th Jul 2016

Fantastic experience. Igor is super welcoming and the other staff are wonderful/very helpful also. The vibe here is great and it is not like any hostel I've stayed in before, would definitely stay here again :')

Returning compliments, lovely people. All the best!

12th Jul 2016

It should be pronounced host-el, because in my experience the host makes the whole shebang. Igor and the rest of the staff are great. The place is beautiful, artsy, comfortable, clean. And Igor hosts everybody like they are old friends.

Thank you Sam, that's very kind and true as well. This is the core ethic that drives the house. Selling beds, while necessary, is secondary. I meant it when i wrote in the description that you will have all our resources at your disposal. As long as people are respectful, it's a pleasure.

• England, Female, 31-40
12th Jul 2016

This hostel made may brief stay in beautiful Zagreb ever better! They are exactly what they claim to be, a space for sharing and caring. It is not in the town centre but don't let that put you off, a short tram ride and you're there. Clean and comfortable re adapted home, with funky art/travelers contributions makes the space unique and the garden in the back is a lovely, relaxing common area. Igor, Tony and Patrick went out of there way to help me :) they are all about kindness and smiles!

Thanks for appreciating our idea of what a hostel should be :)

11th Jul 2016

Love these guys! I was only there for about 13 hours as I showed up late due to a train delay. Very friendly and welcoming (thanks for the wine!). Very unique hostel with various art all over the place. Great information tailored to your interests; just let them know what you want to do, see, or learn about. Wished I had stayed longer and will definitely return in the future. Thanks guys! Don't forget, 5th element is a classic movie!

10th Jul 2016

This hostel was perfect. Everything about it is quite unique but the incredibly welcoming staff and laid-back atmosphere is amazing. The hostel itself is a little off the beaten track, making it perfect to chill out after a hectic day/night. It's not really a party hostel vibe but definitely a place to meet locals and fellow travellers, learn about some less touristy gems of the city and wind down. I had such a great time visiting, I hope to be back soon!

Thanks for staying with us, was really nice to have you aboard :) And to stress it again - we definitely don't run a party hostel, there's plenty of those around.

• Portugal, Female, 18-24
6th Jul 2016

Such a laid back, relaxing place! Its not exactly in the city centre but it'd only 20 minutes to get there and it's actually quite nice to get away from the busy city and just have some peace and quiet. The staff are super friendly and helpful as are the rest of the guests and the place is quite unique! Definitely worth the money you pay!

Thank you, we do like the fact that more and more people go to smaller, locally run hostel instead to the bigger, corporate/business models. And that also means a more specific crowd gathers here, thus adding to the uniqueness of the place. That's why i want to stress again the fact that we really take our way of running a hostel seriously, so please read the description before booking. Thank you, Igor

• England, Female, 25-30
6th Jul 2016

We stayed for three nights and easily could have stayed far longer! The staff are amazing and the whole vibe of the hostel is really chilled, laid back and sociable - we met so many great people here even though we were in a private room through being in the common areas (especially the fantastic garden). There are even dogs! It feels like you are hanging out with old friends - and Igor was really helpful on giving us advice with our travels. Really wonderful place - we can't wait to come back!

ye're welcome back any time, was a pleasure to host you!

• Canada, Female, 18-24
6th Jul 2016

The staff is all super friendly and makes you feel at home. There is a really relaxed and friendly atmosphere. The location is a ways from city Center, but relatively easy to get to. I would highly recommend staying here!! The host was very knowledgable about Zagreb, and gave us recommendations for touring, food, and drink. It definitely made for time well spent.

Thanks, you're most welcome!