Hostel Mali Mrak Zagreb Reviews

Dubicka 8, Zagreb, Croatia

Igor has created a very special place with a very special chilled out environment. Though I was only there for 2 days, the sweetness of the staff and the other guests was fabulous.

• 30th Jan 2016

Thank you so much for such a wonderful stay! All the staff made me feel incredible welcome and were happy to share thier knowledge and time for the betterment of my stay. I was very sad to leave and hope to have a chance to return!!

• 25th Jan 2016

Mali Mrak is one my favourites. Igor is such a considerate, generous guy and all the staff and workaway help created such a warm little community. The hostel attracts such an interesting crowd, always good conversation to go around. Facilities are all clean and readily available. Plenty of information about Zagreb and Croatia travel in general is available. Transport is very accessible. Will absolutely return to Mali Mrak - it's a proper little home.

This is definitely the place to stay if you visit Zagreb. The hostel is great, cozy and comfortable. Igor, the host, is the additional value. I have been in more than 130 hostels in 5 continents and I hardly ever met anyone like him. He is extremely polite and will ing to help. He provided us extremely useful tips and advices, letting us discover some special places in Zagreb. In brief: go to this hostel and don't hesitate to ask his advices if you want to live even the hidden spots of the city

Quirky little place. met some really interesting people and Igor and his team are awesome :)

Bit far from the city but a great hostel nonetheless

Mali Mrak and the people who run the place like Igor, Phil, Ivana and others make it the perfect stay for you. Its not the place for you if you are the typical tourist looking for a town-center professional place. This place is like home, comfy cosy and super vibrant. If you want the best experience in Zagreb and are respectful of people then its the only place you should be staying at. Have met some really amazing people during my stay here.

• 20th Dec 2015
  • India

This hostel feels more like a home. Very friendly staff, cozy rooms, beautiful art designs everywhere you look, full kitchen, and theres even dogs ^.^ if you've had enough partying on your travels and want a place to come and relax, I definitely suggest this hostel. I enjoyed it so much I will be returning in a few weeks to do workaway there! See you soon Igor

• 17th Dec 2015

We only stayed a night, but Igor and staff were so welcoming and helpful. We will definitely stay here again.

Staff was awesome, helpful and informative. We were upgraded to a private room for free which was a nice surprise. We also loved the 2 adorable dogs that stay there.

BEST hostel ever!! Igor, the owner, is one of the kindest people we had ever met, which made for an unbeatable environment to stay in. The hostel had a wonderfully comfortable ambiance, and truly felt like home upon the moment we entered it. If you're into a peaceful and laid back atmosphere, filled with quirky art, then this is the place for you. Although a bit outside of the city center, the tram is super close (4 minute walk) and easy to use. Seriously a wonderful experience staying here.

Igor is awesome! So accommodating and helpful with planning your time there! The hostel is comfortable and has plenty of amenities. I would definitely stay here again! Felt like home!

This was a special hostel. The owner Igor takes a lot of pride in the place. A lot of the furniture is made by local Zagreb artists, and the aesthetic both inside and out is authentic and inviting. He also provided great recommendations and insights on bars, restaurants, and local hiking in the area. The best part about a great host is that they often attract great travelers. Everyone I met here was outgoing and engaging, and I would definitely visit again when in Zagreb.

Very thoughtful, this review. Yes, we're kinda proud that almost all of our items (beds, 2 kitchens, shelves, lamps, tables etc) are originals and unique, made by local craftsmen/artists instead of bought at monstrosities like I**a (censored :D). Thanks for appreciating, truly.

Very kind and knowledgeable staff. Nice decorating touch with all of the art in the hostel. Love the dog. Spacious lockers. Only suggestion would be to make copies of the keys for every customer so no one has to share the main key.

Had to LoL while reading this :) Thanks for the review. The Key system stays as it its, however, you will walk the extra 10m, period. We tried your suggestion long ago of course. Doesn't work. 80% of the keys are never returned. And we can't be bothered with taking deposits, too much trouble. One key to rule them all.

I felt like I was in a second home. Igor and Ivana made me feel very welcome right from the beginning. Plus it was really easy to get along with other guests. We were able to enjoy things like going for a hike (with Igor which made it better) and visiting the cemetery for All Saints Day. While it is not in the city center, transport was easy and never a problem. Beds were comfy, bathrooms clean, water hot. Definitely where you should stay if you want to meet others without an ego.

Oh, thank you :D Enjoyed the hike as well. Nice lunch too, lol. All the best, bb!

Super nice stay with Igor`s recommendations! We loved it :)

• 1st Oct 2015

This hostel was absolutely amazing! It was quite a change from other hostels, and it seemed like a home away from home. Everyone we met was absolutely amazing and we made some great friends there. I would definitely recommend heading over there! And make sure to leave a piece of art behind. Most of the walls are already covered in drawings.

Feels like home. Thanks for the great stay! Highly recommend staying here.

We had an enjoyable time in Zagreb. Although the hostel is not close to the station, the tram links are simple, and you can quickly get to the centre.

This hostel is exactly as advertised. A bunch of fun, friendly hosts and travelers hanging out together and enjoying the peace and quiet of a beautiful residential neighborhood. The hostel itself is a short tram ride away from all the "action" in Zagreb, but Ivana and Igor will give you the lowdown on what to see/where to go and give you great directions to all of it. I know this is a cliche, but it really felt like a home away from home!

« first « Prev 1 2 3