Hostel Mali Mrak Zagreb Reviews

Dubicka 8, Zagreb, Croatia

This is probably the best hostel I've stayed in. The staff is incredibly friendly an helpful and the atmosphere was so chilled!

• 14th Aug 2014

great place to stay, fantastic atmosphere, retro quirky, fun staff who go out of their way to help guests and an added bonus of cute dogs! if u r looking for a place to chill, meet likeminded people then this is the place for u :) the ten min tram ride is easy enough but if you too lazy to do that, then sadly , its your loss! thanks so much guys, sure i'll be back! ;)

• 13th Aug 2014
  • Czech Republic

Sometimes finding the best hostel isn't about having anything and everything included or the most up-to-date facilities, it's about finding somewhere that makes you feel as though you're being welcomed into a friend's home. If you like the clinical, hotel types of properties then this isn't for you, but for those that want a more organic experience, Mali Mrak is a beautiful little place that makes you feel you've stumbled on to a hidden gem, try it and I dare you not to be smiling when you leave

This is definitely somewhere to go if you want a backpackers atmosphere where you can meet lots of new people. The owner and staff are very welcoming and extremely helpful. It's very homely and we had a great stay there. Thanks Igor.

Very welcoming and friendly staff. We weent planning to stay in Zagreb but after we had been yo Mali mrak, we wished we could of stayed longer

• 5th Aug 2014

Likewise, lovely guests :) Thanks!

An extremely lovely hostel! I recommend it to anyone who is looking for a sense of community on their travels. Igor and his staff are so welcoming and helpful. Whenever met with questions they'd do their best to help. The hostel's rooms are well kept and the bathrooms are always clean. The hostel has an ideal location for those looking for a peaceful neighborhood. 5-10 minute commute to local tram station, this was never a problem, it was fun getting to know town. Stop reading this and book now!

thank you for recognizing our efforts to keep the place clean and good :) Had a great time with you two, all the best!

I stayed 3 nights at this hostel and had a really lovely time, I wish I could have stayed longer! Special mention to all of the staff they make you feel right at home! I will definitely be back soon Miss you guys already

• 4th Aug 2014

We didn't get a key for our room and the hostel front door was left open all the time. The kitchen was never cleaned the whole time we were here. The staff were friendly and helpful but hard to find around the hostel. It was quite far out so we got a bit lost from the train. "Use gmaps" isn't the best instruction!

Just ask for the key, each room has one, sometimes we forget. Don't be scared, this isn't your hometown :) Say, what's wrong with these people and their "gmaps" comment - you get an email that advises you to do so, but in ADDITION to the EXTENSIVE directions on HOSTELWORLD. Do you know that every hostel has directions when you book on hostelworld? Yes, imagine that...

It was located in a nice quiet neighbourhood. Also the staff was amazing - very helpful, friendly and patient. Hostel was the best part of our trip actually. Wonderful place to stay.

Not easy to find, but generally ok. I can not tell much more, as we came very late after midnight, just overnight and next day 8 AM we left the place

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • Poland

It goes both ways, it seems. Can't say much about you either, you seemed generally ok ;)

Our stay at Mali Mrak was perfect! Igor and the staff was really nice and helpfull, they gave us all of what we need! With the Hostel, we booked 1 day before to visit Plitvice and we're taken at Mali Mrak and at the end of the day a van brought us to the Hostel! Good organisation and no problem! Besides, Mali Mrak's decoration is amazing and there is only good vibes (2 cold beers when we arrive :) ), it's like a little community, it felt like home! The best Hostel we can find! Thx Igor ;)

• 3rd Aug 2014

Hi, it really *is* a small (ad hoc :)) community of travelers and friends. Thank you :) !

I have never been to a hostel with such a friendly and relaxed atmosphere, the staff were fantastic and I enjoyed the outdoor facilities- very much recommend it!

• 2nd Aug 2014

great stay, thanks M. ! :)

This is without doubt the hostel with the best atmosphere and staff we ever stayed in. We felt so welcome and went to some awesome places that you would never go to as a normal toerist. You will definitely see us again!

• 1st Aug 2014

Thank you, glad you liked the impromptu day trip :) We'll meet again, thanks for staying with us!

I can not stress enough how much I enjoyed my stay at Mali Mrak. The staff, the building itself, everything was amazing! Special thanks to Igor, Ivana, Nika, Borris, Natasza, Boy S, and everyone else who made my stay so great. I will be back!

take care :) Great meeting ya.

This hostel was my favourite of my entire trip around Europe. I was really ill when I arrived and everyone was so accommodating and helpful, I wish I could have stayed longer!! I always felt safe and looked after and the facilities they provided were perfect. It is extremely friendly, welcoming, clean and organised! This hostel is a home, somewhere to meet people and share stories, and to soak up all the atmosphere you can! Thank you Igor and friends xx

One of the best hostels ever. Highly recommend.

Really this one is simple. If you are staying in Zagreb or even just passing through Croatia you REALLY SHOULD stay with the team at hostel mali mrak! By far the nicest people i have ever met in a hostel and they try their hardest to really make you feel like you belong there! This is not a greedy money maker instead it is the extreme opposite and values only the people and experiences! THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH MALI MRAK TEAM!! i will be sure to see you all again. Your guest and friend Daniel :)

it occurred to me several years ago that hostels should review their guests as well. I kinda got tired of the lame, fake responses to customer reviews, especially the prissy ones. It's still quite fun, and replying to people who recognize and respect our hostel is a great thing to do. So all i have to say about this guest is really simple :) he stayed for 4 days and every minute of that time was genuine pleasure of having him in the house. You've made the place better with your stay. Thank you.

Absolutely delightful! Ignore bad reviews, they do not know what they are saying. This hostel was by far the best hostel environment I have experienced! Book a few nights here and you will not be disappointed, Igor and the gang mean business! :)

• 29th Jul 2014

Lol, thanks for the support, it was absolutely a pleasure having you onboard, every single day. Good vibes, bright mind. See you :)

It's one of the greatest, if not the best hostel I've ever been to. The value for it's money is great, it's really well located and well connected to the city center (with trams that go all night), incredibly clean and the atmosphere is amazing. The staff is really eager to help and are so welcoming! Thank you so much Igor and Ivanna! If you haven't booked your stay yet, don't know what you are waiting for!

haha :) that's so funny, to actually read someone say that the location is very good. I really had to laugh (in a good way), usually people moan in pain and suffering because they have to travel 5 tram stations to the city center. Glad you appreciate, we love our neighourhood and it's part of what makes the place. I'd definitely like to see more people come here who want enjoy this specific spot in Zagreb. Thanks dear, how refreshing :D

We had a fantastic time at Hostel Mali Mrak! The hostel is situated about 15 minutes from the centre of Zagreb by tram and is a bit tricky to find (possibly check a map in advance!) but they provide good instructions / signs. The hostel staff and Igor are incredibly friendly, welcoming and helpful. The hostel itself is eclectically decorated and has good kitchen / laundry facilities. We would definitely go back the next time we're in Zagreb :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7