Hostel Mali Mrak Zagreb Reviews

Dubicka 8, Zagreb, Croatia

Just a truly amazing experience I had at this hostel. Being half way across the world traveling to different cities every 4 days and staying at hostels that felt like hotels. But this hostel felt like a home and I was an old friend staying for a visit. The staff were the best, each and everyone of them introduced the selfs and were helpful in every way possible.Best hostel ever! I will be back to stay again.

• 28th Mar 2015

I can't praise this hostel enough. My favourite one out every hostel I've stayed in. I even went back for a extra night. I was welcomed to a Turkish coffee which I was totally needing. All the staff went that extra mile to make my stay amazing. And to top it off the location was great as all the locals also take time to give you advice if needed. Can't wait to go back . Mali mrak was also a cool dude.

I can't say enough good things about this place. Amazing stay. Would come back and have already referred others. Hosts make you feel like you are at home and the dog has the best personality! (Yes, the dog) its out of the way but only a short tram ride to center or a nice walk through the city.

this place was meant to be a home for travelers. glad you felt it. Fenris the dog got hit by a car a few days later :( He's recovering now so cross your fingers, it looks good so far :)

This place was so damn cool. The house is so warm and inviting, the outdoor area is nice, the 2 common rooms are great, the computers are new and the WiFi is good. Not to mention Igor. He is such a great guy and even came out to dinner with the group, buying the whole table a round of beer.

enjoyed myself as well, thanks for staying :D

Incredible place! Fantastic hostel! Igor is the best! Stay here!!

lol. thanks!

Probably one of the best hostels I have stayed in. Really enjoyed my time there and everyone made you feel welcome. 100% would come back again.

nice to hear, Conor. Thanks for staying!

Igor was brilliant; he upgraded us free of charge, made us feel welcome in the city and made sure we got the most out of our time there.

Yep, couples can get free upgrades, especially if you stay longer. Don't expect this in summer though! Thanks for booking, staying & rating, was nice to meet you!

I'm 19 from Canada and I loved my time in Zagreb staying with the Mali Mrak crew! If you are looking for a relaxing , comfortable place to stay then look no further. Igor and his crew put alot of work into this hostel to make sure that you feel warm and welcome. They will help you out with everything you need to about Zagreb, and in some cases personally show you around the city. I really felt like I was part of a community here rather than a paying customer. It was a pleasure to say the least !

Money can not buy the experience you get when staying at Mali Mrak. Igor is an exceptional host and friend, he and Ivana and Fenris and everyone else made our stay in Zagreb a trip to remember forever. He went out of his way to make us feel like home, we got upgraded to a private room, Igor took us on a hike where drank home-made ginger tea, to the market and a Cafe afterwards, enjoyed wine and friendly conversations in the backyard and so on. We are definitely coming back one day. Stay here!

This is a house of simplicity. Good people are welcome :) thank you, icelanders, it was great having you aboard :D

Amazing hostel with a relaxed, family vibe. Igor is so helpful and gave us recommendations for the rest of our trip through Croatia. Facilities are perfect and very well taken care of. Highly recommend staying here!

Fantastic hostel with really good vibes! But the most special thing was spending time meeting the hostel owner Igor and having him show me the city and invite me to do small daily things with him, haven't been to a hostel where that has happened before. The location is a little bit further out but the tram connects it perfectly and you're out of the centre so you really get to relax. Recommend to someone who wants to feel at home.

More like a stay with family than a stay at a hostel

This is one of the hostels that was made for travelers. Amenities are great, staff is absolutely amazing, and the general experience really is eyeopening to how travelers, and the world as a whole, should behave. The owner and residents will show you all the good spots for eating, drinking, hiking, and general sightseeing. It was an awesome and informative experience. I recommend it to anyone spending time in Zagreb. If you're a traveler, you won't be let down.

Some of the friendliest people I have the pleasure of meeting, safe and welcoming place, makes you feel like you are home. Will be staying again

all the best, it was a pleasure!

One of our best hostel, great place, cozy atmosphere with very nice, interesting, intelligent people, other visitors and friendly staff. After a long and demanding day in the city you are able to take a nice rest or a good sleep or if you want to pass your time with other visitors you always feel welcome to join different group activities and interesting conversations, making new friendships. The place is also very clean and safe. I would definitely recommend it to everyone. Thank you Mali Mrak

hvala i vama, super je bilo :) !

The Mali Mrak Hostel is like a home for travelers, the owner and his staff make you feel very well in an amazing environment.

This is where you will get way more than you asked for. It is run by a bunch of intelligent, passionate, warm, efficient people. It was not even as if they were trying too hard, they were just naturally people's people. I weighed every place I went to after being here, against it and they paled in comparison. Everything was clean, things were easy, people were always around to help you out with whatever you needed. It was actually rather perfect.

'things were easy' - i like that :D thank you!

Cozy place with very warm and helpful staff. We felt at home during our four day stay. The host (Igor) is an awesome dude who goes out of his way to create a natural and easygoing environment at the hostel. Definitely staying here again on my next trip to zagreb!

If you're looking for laid back and community, you've found it. My stay was short but this was a great experience in an incredibly accommodating and gracious place with a genuine, helpful, and kind staff. I prefer quiet, local, neighborhood settings so I had no problem whatsoever with a short tram ride to the city center. As a solo traveler, I felt like family over the holidays. The icing on the cake is the helpfulness and attractiveness of the host, Igor. Stay here: it's a gem in Zagreb.

eep, i'm blushing :D Thank you though, it was a very nice time!

Aaaaahhh, the Mali Mrak! I booked for 5 nights and ended up staying for 3 weeks through Christmas and New Year's. It's a truly lovely place filled with fantastic human beings and a dog named Fenris! What more could you want? It's homey and clean and there's a kitchen (albeit a tiny one) capable of preparing feasts, as well as a common room where I met many a fellow passing traveller. I had an outrageously nice stay here in Zagreb and I wouldn't even consider staying elsewhere! Thanks Igor!!

• 17th Dec 2014