Hostel Mali Mrak Zagreb Reviews

Dubicka 8, Zagreb, Croatia

We had a great 2-night stay here. Wonderfull, chill, and homey atmosphere. The staff were super helpful, especially Phillip. It's a little out of the center, but in a lovely neighborhood with easy and fast tram access to the center. If you have a car, there's easy parking nearby, which was great. Definitely would stay here again!

Mali Mrak seems less like a hostel than a home away from home. We met a number of lovely people there that had been staying at the hostel for weeks-- and we quickly realized why. There is a lovely patio, a pair of awesome dogs, a bunch of funky artwork, and a generally laid back vibe! The staff (Igor, Ivana, and Paula) was super friendly and not only gave us tips about the best local restaurants and breweries, but also helped us book a bus onwards to plitvice lakes and Zadar. We will be back!

thanks for the nice review :) but please don't mention the tips and the logistics, it's the least we can do for anyone. You're very welcome!

All the other reviews are correct. This is a good hostel and I had a great time.

a metareview! Thanks :D !

The best place to be in Zagreb!!!

• 8th May 2015
  • Slovakia

correction B-) : relatively the best! read the description, then you can decide, i don't think we can accomodate all tastes out there :) Thanks for staying, great meeting you!

Really chill and relax atmosphere. Do not go there if you want to drink and party.

relatively correct. if party = drinking game, smashing doors and being loud and annoying, then it's a clear no :D Drinking is quite ok as long as you can handle your liquor and respect the fact that other people are staying here that are not into that kind of, uh, fun. This is stated quite clearly in the hostel description, which i recommend reading before booking ;)

Great hostel, with such a good atmosphere and team...I had a really good time there and would recommend this to everyone :)

• 7th May 2015
  • Slovenia

very glad to hear :) See you!

Awesome hostel with friendly staff who are always willing to help out and suggest things to do around Zagreb. Igor is a great host and is happy to show people around local markets and similar. No hesitation recommending this hostel,

thanks for reviewing, S., all the best :)!!

This place is home. The staff, the location, the dogs! :) Everything about Mali Mrak is beautiful. I can't fully express how much better my time in Zagreb was because of the hostel. Warning! You may end up staying way longer than you expected 😉

Thanks J. :D Good warning, we still got 2 that are here for a month already ;) see you soon on your way back maybe!

I spent a week at Mali Mrak and I can honestly say that the hostel has so much more charm than the city itself. The staff and Igor were so welcoming and interesting. Igor even took us out for a beer. The overall atmosphere is very relaxed and there is a nice garden for reading and playing music. Would definitely recommend this hostel, felt like I was home again!

nice week, nice stay :) thanks!

I had an awesome time at this hostel. This is the first place I have ever stayed (and I've stayed in a lot) where the owner actually came in every night, knew everyone's names and was incredibly helpful. The atmosphere rocks and the out door area is super cool. The staff is incredibly helpful and always around! There weren't many people staying here at the time so everyone got to know each other really well. Only bad thing is how far it is. I would stay here again.

Oh, Mali Mrak! I booked two nights and stayed two weeks. Such a great place - the kind of hostel that fosters picnic table friendships and canine cuddles. Cannot recommend it enough! Thank you so much Igor, Ivana, and Paula! My only complaint is that no hostel can ever measure up to yours! Hope to see you all again someday. Love, Emily x

thanks for the lovely words, all the best :))

Staff were great; Paula and Ivana made the place a home! Nice outdoor seating, people were very friendly, chatting it up with everyone. Very laid back style, do as you please, clean up after yourself. Kitchen is small but has proper ammenities. Walking distance to everything. The two dogs are such a nice addition! Note: if you go on the trip to Plitvice Lakes, the price only includes transport - no guide & entrance fee to park is separate.

corrections: a) definitely *not* do as you please (common sense does have some boundaries ;)). b) clean up after yourself - by default anyway, but it's the crew of course that really keeps the place clean. c) there's two kitchen's in the house. d) you forgot to mention that food and massage also aren't included in the plitvice lakes trip :D Please stay realistic in your expectations what your money can buy (for those who think about taking a guide for plitvice, skip that. It's a nature park)

Staying with Igor is an unforgettable experience. This is definitely the best hostel I've ever encountered. It's really more than a hostel; it's a home. A beautiful, inspiring space with the best hosts anyone could ask for. If you're near Zagreb and enjoy a hostel that focuses on bringing people together, this is the place for you.

One of the best Hostels i experienced yet, absolutely a highlight! Located in a peaceful area in Zagreb, it was exactly the place i was looking for, a quiet, cosy place where you can meet great people and having interesting conversations in cosy common areas. Especially the stuff was undoubtedly awesome, always helpful and friendly! They intend to make a stay in Zagreb a good one, with perfect insidetipps for every kind of interest. Thanks a lot guys!

Hands down the best hotel I have ever stayed in. So amazing. I've never felt more at home and like I was someone who was welcomed rather than a stranger. The staff were so amazingly helpful, with lots of recommendations and they acted more like friends than staff. They helped me out a lot, answered my questions and chilled with us. The hostel rooms were amazingly clean and the place was just chock full of so much artwork and creativity on every wall! Please. Do not pass up this place.

Thank you :) Best to both of you!

Thanks Igor, I had a great time. Staff made this place feel like home. Don't come if you want a crazy party hostel, but this place is perfect for a more mellow stay. Location is close to the tram line so not too hard to get into the city.

Yes, please listen to this intelligent woman: no crazy party place here. Shoo, go someplace else :) Thanks A., for the feedback and staying, great having you on board.

This has been said a million times already, but the staff is amazing! They will not only help point you in the right direction, they will even personally take you on adventures! Everything is super clean yet cozy and homey. The backyard is awesome and there's always people chilling there so you'll never be bored. If you love music (especially jazz) you're in for a happy surprise 😊 I'll be back!

Jazz spectrum courtesy of Filip :) !

The staff was truly wonderful. Super helpful and knowledgable and just plain friendly. They really do everything they can to help you enjoy zagreb and the hostel. The location was far from the center and the bathroom was cold and lacked water pressure/hot water at times.

I can only confirm the water pressure issue, which has been adressed today. Hot water is 24/7, you are the first person since 2007. to complain about that :D As for cold - please feel free to close the bathroom window if somebody leaves it open! Thanks for the rest :)

Great hostel. The owner and everyone I met is awesome. I highly recommend staying here.

• 3rd Apr 2015

I had a wonderful stay here. Although slightly far from the city center, there is a tram station close by for an easy transfer. The staff was extremely welcoming and even hung out with me and other guests staying there. I felt right at home and thorougly enjoyed the company. Not only this, but I received many great suggestions on things to do while in Zagreb and was able to explore some secrets of the city that I would not have known of otherwise. Thanks a ton Igor and company!

• 1st Apr 2015