Hostel Mali Mrak Zagreb Reviews

Dubicka 8, Zagreb, Croatia

Had a good time. Met some really awesome people and the staff is great!

• 13th Apr 2014

Mali Mrak was a brilliant hostel. Igor and all his staff were so friendly and went out of their way to make us feel welcome. They help people to get chatting and made our stay awesome. Igor even gave us a bottle of local wine to try, which was delicious. Definitely made me want to return to Croatia again! Overall a lovely, friendly and fun place to stay!

• 12th Apr 2014

Very nice place to stay at in Zagreb. Had an amazing time there and would definitely go there again. Best part of it is the staff though. Igor and Filipp and the rest are amazing!!!

Always welcome here, we'll miss you :D

I loved my stay at Mali Mrak! Everyone was so friendly and helpful. I will definitely go back next time I'm in Zagreb!

• 9th Apr 2014

My stay at Mali Mrak was beyond excellent! The first moment I arrived, I felt right at home. Igor was so friendly and helpful with providing information about the city and how to explore around Zagreb and the rest of Croatia. I met a wonderful group of people during my stay and I cannot wait to return!!

It's an amazing place, it's more like a share house then a hostel, the staff are more like friends!! Will stay again 100%

• 7th Apr 2014

The staff is very friendly and atmosphere is simply great. It's a small hostel so you are guaranteed to get know people there very well. If you are looking for more than just normal touristy stuff, this is the place to stay.

Great hostel, really helpful owner, lots of advice and staff and guests all very friendly. Is a bit out of the city centre, although its easy to get to on the tram and I think its worth the extra trek and seems to attract a good mix of guests. Really great wall paintings. Not every bed has a locker, but there are always staff about so I didn't really feel my stuff was at risk.

:D thanks man. Indeed, i love this place and the people it attracts, including you! Speaking of which, whoever reads this, this is an interesting fellow, follow him on http://noflytripping.wordpress.com/ . Best wishes !!

This was the best hostel I have ever stayed in. The staff and owner were incredibly warm and hospitable, and I felt very welcome at the hostel. The owner has worked hard to create an atmosphere that is comfortable and he totally exceeded our expectations of the hostel. When you enter into the doors of this hostel, you enter into a community. The staff hung out with us and we felt like they were legitimately interested in our lives. If you're in Zagreb, you MUST stay in this hostel.

Interesting perspective & review, thank you for that. You're actually correct, we care about all who visit us as long as they respect the house & people staying in it. You'll be remembered, for sure. Bright people :)

When I first showed up I was welcomed warmly and given the standard info about trains, things to do, etc. Philip and Igor were both around to help me out. I was about to go into the city when Anna (one of the friendly neighbors) introduced herself and her dog to me and invited me to go for a walk to the bakery and cafe. It was a wonderful way to start my time in Zagreb. Igor and company went out of their way to make me feel at home (lending bikes, food, etc) and I highly recommend staying here!

Igor was an incredible host and Mali Mrak is a great hostel to stay at. True to it's description, it is a community of friends. Many of the guests have dinner together and it is just a fun place to be. The garden in the back was a great place to sit, have breakfast and socialize with other guests, and the lounge upstairs was an awesome for cooking dinner and just hanging. We had a wonderful time in Zagreb, and every recommendation Igor made regarding what to do was spot on.

• 30th Mar 2014

The place and atmosphere of the place is like it description, very good time I spent there and definitely a place to return when back to Zagreb in the future.

Although not quite in the heart of the city, Mali Mrak is definitely worth the trip for the amazing atmosphere, comfortable beds, clean bathrooms, and interesting people. Igor was a wonderful host and treated us like family from the moment we arrived. Mali Mrak is truly a unique hostel that offers a home away from home and a perfect place from which to experience the beautiful city of Zagreb. Thank you Mali Mrak!

• 22nd Mar 2014

Well, the thanks is all mine actually! Your idea was BRILLIANT, people love it, and me foremost of all :D

Amazing atmosphere! We were greated like family and had some great evenings outside in the garden with some great conversation! Location to the centre and train station is easy, either by trams or walking (30 mins). When we came back from the coast we hung out at the hostel while we waited for our train and were welcomed graciously. Would recommended anyone traveling to Croatia to check in at this hostel and explore the colourful city of Zagreb. Thanks Igor!!

You have a typo. Please fix it :D See you in summer!

Perfect! Stay here. They even have a dog :)

jep, and it's called Fenris :D Thank you C., hope to see you soon.

This is definitely one of the greatest hostels I've been to. Igor is a wonderful host and is incredibly helpful and generous. The hostel is wonderfully clean with great wifi and plenty of space. It's a short tram ride or a nice walk to the center city in a quiet area. I had a blast here as Igor keeps a very great atmosphere for travelers to connect. I extended my stay because I enjoyed it so much. I would absolutely recommend this hostel to anyone coming to Zagreb.

Really loved this hostel! Was a funky place to stay and the staff were great! Super helpful with giving us tips on where to go around Zagreb (thanks for letting us know about the Broken Relationships Museum. That's something new for us!) and they were very friendly as well. Location of the hostel is a bit further away from the centre but can easily be reached using the city tram (and follow the instructions given by the hostel itself. It's clear enough!). Would love to stay here again!

I arrived late and I got 2-bed room instead of 8-bed which I paid for, great!!! In the morning I was tired of travelling, Igor invited me for a nice cup of tea, so I got better:-) Highly recommended if you not insist on staying in the center! Vidimo se!

no sense waking your room mates :) You're welcome, vidimo se!

This is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. It feels more like a home than a hostel and Igor, the owner, is the main reason for this. He is always there to give you advice on what to see around Zagreb. The entire hostel is comfortable, clean and welcoming. We booked a 7 bed dorm and were upgraded to a private room for no extra cost! Igor also set us up with amazing rooms in Plitvice and Split and still keeps in contact with us to see if we are okay during our trip. Best host ever!!

• 11th Mar 2014

Why, thank you :) note to review readers:as we support travelers in different ways, couples on a budget get freebies like that - as long as its possible of course. In summer, that will become more unlikely than now, during low season. And, as i mentioned on the web, we have a network of really good people across the country and can facilitate intelligent traveling for you,including staying in touch :). It's actually a pleasure and interesting to participate in that way also.

Just an amazing hostel with a big possitive vibe!

• 9th Mar 2014

big hi! from all of the neighbours also. we'll miss you! but see you soon :=)

« first « Prev 1 2 3