Hostel Mali Mrak Zagreb Reviews

Dubicka 8, Zagreb, Croatia

Very pretty and cute hostel ! Friendly staff ! Enjoyed my stay there :)

• 24th Oct 2014
  • India

The hostel was beautiful, the staff were more like friends. One of the best experiences of my life and Mali Mrak played a massive part in making my experience so enjoyable. Thank you! Andrew

• 17th Oct 2014
  • Scotland

It was very good. Thanks Igor!

You were very good :D Thanks as well!

Comments are pretty accurate - very laid back and cool vibe. Staff is very helpful and we enjoyed our time

Absolutely fantastic hostel, by far the best one we stayed in our whole trip! The staff were so welcoming and made up feel at home. I look forward to going back there.

• 23rd Sep 2014

Quiet neighborhood and everyone was pretty chill staying there. But, the outdoors patio was trashed ; reminded me of a college party after a LONG night of partying. I'm a fan of partying, but management needs to clean up for those wanting to use the space too. The signs of cleaning up after yourself were pretty excessive.

I wasn't here during your stay, but i trust my people more than i trust your review. Unless something was truly amiss and wrong, this description can't be accurate, it appears rather superficial and inflated, and i see by the other marks you left you simply didn't like the place. Igor

The place doesn't feel like a hostel, maybe a cross between a home and a beautiful art project. Facilities etc are clean and in good nick, but this pales in comparison to the people running it. I don't know how Igor, Filip, Ivana, Fenris et al, make the place into something truly special, but so much love is poured into it that it's impossible not to get something amazing out. The atmosphere is amazing and the building is gorgeous! What a great oasis for weary travelers! Will be recommending :)

• 13th Sep 2014

Interesting perspective, thank you indeed!

I stayed in way too many hostels (alone 20+ in the last year) and this was the best. It creates the atmosphere, has the Art and the people you dream about in Hostels. One of the main reasons is the owner Igor who made the Hostel basically his lifestyle. Some residents fall in love with the hostel and start work for the stay there, when I stayed there where at least 3 so called "Slaves". You could critisize unlockable Toilets, the splitup of 4 "common rooms", but in the end it doesn't matter.

• 12th Sep 2014

Thanks for the cool review, M. I must make a point though: it's $#%#" irritating, that issue with the keys. They are lockable, but for some reason some people see it fit to take the keys and put them in random places around the hostels, and it takes ages to find them -_+ I don't really understand this phenomenon.

This is not a hostel. It is a home. We loved every single bit of this perfect place. If the world could function like Mali Mark it would be a much better place. Thank you!

• 11th Sep 2014

How lovely :) ! wonderful days with you two, hugs to danemark!

Great hostel!!! If you want to go to Zagreb go there! Cool house, very nice staff, amazing atmosphere. It feels like a home!

Thanks for coming to our home and appreciating it!

Great hostel with nice, homey atmosphere, very clean, very comfy. Just go and enjoy ur evening with cool people who work there and fellow travellers, sit in the garden, sip on some Croatian wine. It's bit tricky, cause u won't feel like leaving this place, to actually explore Zagreb. Its a half an hour walk to the centre, but there is great, cheap transport and it's an easy, pleasant walk anyway. The location of the hostel is very quiet, so big bonus for tired travellers craving for good sleep.

:D ay ay! Yep, she be right. Seen it often, but you can rely on me kicking your butt and telling you to do sth around Zagreb if i notice you chilling out too much at the hostel :) it's nice, but there's stuff to see in this city, and good food to explore. Thank you!

It was a great place to stay! The feeling of cosiness and comfort was something to feel from the very beginning :) The unique atmosphere along with the welcoming staff just made us want to stay longer :) Definitely a place to visit again and again when travelling to Zagreb :)

See you next year, thanks for coming :)

This hostel is perfect. The only thing that could be against it is the location a little bit far from the city center, but everything else makes up for it. The staff is really nice and friendly, everything is clean all the time and the backyard is perfect for relaxing and metting people.

You're a cool lady. Thanks for booking with us :)

The best hostel I have come across in the 3.5 months I have been travelling Europe. But you should not think of it as another hostel. It is smalI. Quirky. And a place to call home. One that welcomes you with generosity and genuine kindness. It's is relaxed, the beds were comfortable, the bathrooms clean and plentiful. Ask one questions about the city and Igor can tell (or show if you're lucky) you everything about the capitals secret and popular places. I can't speak highly enough of this place!

Kind, thank you :)

This hostel is more than just a hostel, it is a home. We are currently at the end of our trip and have often found ourselves wishing that we could return to hostel Mali Mrak at the end of a long day of traveling. This hostel has inspired us to start living a more creative, open, and generous lifestyle. We can only hope to return one day- and we are confident that Igor and his lovely staff will be waiting at an open door with open arms. We cannot recommend this hostel more.

Gods, honestly, i am quite happy of what Mali Mrak has grown into after 7 long, long years, but this is the most beautiful and touching review on the web i have seen since i'm here. There is nothing to say except a simple, genuine Thank You.

Located outside the city but very well connected! Staff were amazing

returning compliments, very nice guests,thanks for coming!

Igor and his team are unbelievably generous and friendly!!! Always trying their best to help you out by ringing places and trying to solve the problem with you. It might take you a few minutes to get used to the place but before you know it, you'll be right at home.

yay, thanks :D !

Me and my friends stopped off at this hostel thinking we were staying for two nights - we ended up staying 3 and then coming back to zagreb for an extra two nights after traveling around croatia. This is a great hostel for chill easygoing friendly people - almost temporary homelike kind of place you can easily get stuck in while traveling. Igor and Ivana were fantastic hosts! It's not central Zagreb but it's not far - gives a great balance between chill and cool nights out

Ah the Israeli. Toby and me still talk about you guys, good times :) Thank you for everything! Ivana

Most amazing staff and owner and dog :).

weird moment: i just read your review and realised you've come back yesterday and are sleeping in the room adjacent to mine :D how cool is that! see ya in...3 minutes, haha!

I was initially a little hesitant because of the "guest rating" after they left reviews on this site because it made me question whether the atmosphere would be quite judgmental or unfriendly but I really enjoyed my stay here. Very laid back, more of the traditional backpacker (rather than really party or hectic tourist) feel which I like. I can see why some people wouldn't like it (e.g if you cannot tolerate other guests smoking weed outside) but I really liked the atmosphere.

Interesting retrospective, dear.My POV:this place has seen over 20K souls.You can't imagine what we've seen people here pull off, from blatant disregard to arrogant behavior.This house is simple and benign, but i do not tolerate disrespectful,spoiled people-they simply have no place here,no matter how much money they have.As for the weed, i personally don't approve,but see no reason to forbid it as long as the people respect others,and they do,much more than those who prefer alcohol, actually.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7