Hostel Mali Mrak Zagreb Reviews

Dubicka 8, Zagreb, Croatia

Had an amazing time here. This was the first hostel I have stayed at in Europe and I could not have asked for a better experience. Igor and the staff were awesome and extremely helpful with any questions I had about Zagreb. The location is great, right near the tram station and a short ride to the city center and a market around the corner as well. I wish I had actually stayed a little longer, it was such a nice atmosphere. It was wicked cool how right at home I felt. Cool people, cool place.

• 1st Jul 2015

Hostel staff was great. I arrived late and shops were closed. Gave me free food and beer. Accommodated me very well. The best hostel I have ever stayed. :)

• 25th Jun 2015
  • Philippines

Very nice to have you with us, thanks!

We only stayed for one night, but we're so glad we did. Awesome hostel, good vibes and Ivana & Igor were great company. We felt right at home, very relaxed and alternative hostel. The hostel is located a bit out of central Zagreb, but it's easily accessible by tram. Would definitely recommend.

All the staff are amazing! Nice social athmosphere as well and you can tell that they make an effort to make all the guests comfortable. Too bad they are fully booked when I decided to extend but not their fault :)

Really nice having someone from the Philippines with us, i think you were the first actually :=) best wishes, wish we could have hosted you a bit longer.

This hostel has a great and very relaxed atmosphere. The garden and living rooms are amazing, I met many nice people and had interesting conversations. Thank you for the good time!

Incredible stay! Makes you feel so at home and comfortable

thanks for recognizing the idea :)

I have been traveling for several months now and this has been my favorite hostel by far. friendliest staff, best atmosphere, free coffee, wine, towels, and even laundry!! I immediately felt at home and had some of the nicest and most relaxed days of my trip.

Small hostel with a welcoming vibe. Good if you are looking to connect with other travelers and meet new people. A bit of a haul to the city center, but right near cheap efficient public transport.

We had a fab time staying here! The staff were so friendly and we were made to feel at home. Though it wasnt in the center of zagreb it was so easy to get there only a tram ride away. It is such a quirky, friendly hostel and I would definitely stay again!

quirks and quarks! thanks for staying, ladies :D

This hostel was by far the friendliest, most inviting place we have stayed at on our trip. The staff are so lovely and helpful and the chilled out atmosphere makes this hostel a really fun and relaxing place to stay. Love the quirky touches and the dogs! Would love to come back. Thank you thank you! Jess and Maria ❤️

A great relaxed place with lots of lovely people running it. The only complaint is that the dog tried to hump my leg but I've forgiven him now.

Consider yourself honored, Fenris rarely humps anyone. You're...special :D :D thanks for staying man !!

This is unique hostel you cant compare to anything. We had great stay, wonderful people and the best staff ever! People here are extremely friendly and interested in you. It was great to eat breakfast in a garden with everybody. It is little bit tricky to find the hostel but not that bad. Tram and train are close. Hostel was clean and beautifully decorated and best thing is you can also leave your art here. Thanks to Igor and everybody, we will come back definetly!!

I found your painting only after you left, so double thank you for everything :) the reason this place sprung into existence is to meet people. And that's it :)

Read the description!! They really treat guests like friends here so it was a great atmosphere. You'll have to take public transport into the centre and walking back from the tram station at night (about 5 minutes walk only), it may seem dark but the streets are safe enough. Comfy rooms, super clean washrooms, very cool deco. A day in Zagreb was enough for me but I wish I could stay longer just to spend more time in the hostel! Thank you Ivan and Ivana! (and the other staff which I didnt meet

Read this review :) nice you noticed - you can walk the streets of Zagreb at night - it's a safe city - the eroding echoes of capitalism have not yet reached us here like in many other countries. On friendliness: if you come as a friend, you will be received as one :) thanks dear, cool perspective!

This is possibly the best run hostel I've ever been to. The place is spotless and has an amazing atmosphere which makes it more of a home than a hostel. The staff are endlessly knowledgable and always around to give advice over a coffee in the garden which is a perfect communal space. The facilities are top notch and well maintained as is the amazing collection of art that decorates the hostel. Great stay!

I stayed over a week at Mali Mrak, it's a very special place! The staff are friendly, welcoming, engaging and kind - use them, they know their stuff! This is a beautiful, creative space in which to share experiences, unwind over a beer, cook outside listening to amazing music... Rooms are spotless, kitchen facilities great (the coffee!!!) and the neighbourhood is peaceful, safe and well connected to the centre. Mali Mrak is a haven away from home. Thank you Igor, still looking out for foxes x

[ 狐狩り] B-)

Hostel Mali Mrak is a Zagreb jewel. The atmosphere is wonderful -- very conducive to meeting other travellers -- and the staff are as hospitable and helpful as they come. Talk to them, heed their suggestions, and you will see a different side of Zagreb. Lovely people, lovely place, all around. A truly exceptional hostel!

A truly exceptional gentleman. thank you.

Nice clean hostel and very homely. Best place to meet new people and the staff are really nice.

A big thank you to Igor and the rest of the staff at Mali Mrak. I was given the warmest possible welcome upon arrival and nothing was ever too big a problem. Also clean, homely and secure, and well linked to the city centre via the tram system. After a couple of months of travelling, this was a lovely quiet hostel for me to come to relax and unwind, and from where to explore Zagreb. Somewhere to put your feet up and meet some interesting travellers. Thanks again, Igor!

Very welcome! thank you.

Mali Mrak is awesome! The staff is really nice and helpful, the house is really great for hanging out and talking to people, and they even took the whole hostel out for beers when I was there. They also arrange trips to Plitvice Lakes with the option to continue on to Zadar or Split. The only downside is that you might end up spending more nights there than you planned. :)

Disclamier: we are not responsible for the time distortion caused by the singularity in the backyard :) @beers: was a special occasion, the hostel got an award, so we invited all to celebrate, otherwise it's a bit complicated to do that on a regular basis. Thanks a lot for staying with us!

This is a nice hostel. Beds are comfortable, bathrooms are clean. Staff are very friendly and helpful (when you can find them - the desk is nearly always empty). Plenty of common areas for meeting other travellers. A few things would make this hostel better - lamps by the beds, enough lockers per beds, and being able to find the staff when you need them.

Thanks for tips how to run our hostel,could we have more please:D?1.reception:no one here will *ever* sit inside,waiting,at a desk,wasting time.But i think you didn't get how it functions here::We're outside.Garden (10m away).Under a tree.Having coffee,explaining Zg and croatia to you.Beats sitting inside,don't you think ^^? 2.lockers:we didn't have enough money for that.real world issues.Long in planning,finally coming.3.Lamps-ain't gonna happen soon, see #2. Thanks for the rest :)!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4