Hostel Mali Mrak Zagreb Reviews

Dubicka 8, Zagreb, Croatia

Great hostel with nice, homey atmosphere, very clean, very comfy. Just go and enjoy ur evening with cool people who work there and fellow travellers, sit in the garden, sip on some Croatian wine. It's bit tricky, cause u won't feel like leaving this place, to actually explore Zagreb. Its a half an hour walk to the centre, but there is great, cheap transport and it's an easy, pleasant walk anyway. The location of the hostel is very quiet, so big bonus for tired travellers craving for good sleep.

The best hostel I have come across in the 3.5 months I have been travelling Europe. But you should not think of it as another hostel. It is smalI. Quirky. And a place to call home. One that welcomes you with generosity and genuine kindness. It's is relaxed, the beds were comfortable, the bathrooms clean and plentiful. Ask one questions about the city and Igor can tell (or show if you're lucky) you everything about the capitals secret and popular places. I can't speak highly enough of this place!

This hostel is more than just a hostel, it is a home. We are currently at the end of our trip and have often found ourselves wishing that we could return to hostel Mali Mrak at the end of a long day of traveling. This hostel has inspired us to start living a more creative, open, and generous lifestyle. We can only hope to return one day- and we are confident that Igor and his lovely staff will be waiting at an open door with open arms. We cannot recommend this hostel more.

Gods, honestly, i am quite happy of what Mali Mrak has grown into after 7 long, long years, but this is the most beautiful and touching review on the web i have seen since i'm here. There is nothing to say except a simple, genuine Thank You.

Located outside the city but very well connected! Staff were amazing

returning compliments, very nice guests,thanks for coming!

Igor and his team are unbelievably generous and friendly!!! Always trying their best to help you out by ringing places and trying to solve the problem with you. It might take you a few minutes to get used to the place but before you know it, you'll be right at home.

yay, thanks :D !

Most amazing staff and owner and dog :).

weird moment: i just read your review and realised you've come back yesterday and are sleeping in the room adjacent to mine :D how cool is that! see ya in...3 minutes, haha!

I was initially a little hesitant because of the "guest rating" after they left reviews on this site because it made me question whether the atmosphere would be quite judgmental or unfriendly but I really enjoyed my stay here. Very laid back, more of the traditional backpacker (rather than really party or hectic tourist) feel which I like. I can see why some people wouldn't like it (e.g if you cannot tolerate other guests smoking weed outside) but I really liked the atmosphere.

Interesting retrospective, dear.My POV:this place has seen over 20K souls.You can't imagine what we've seen people here pull off, from blatant disregard to arrogant behavior.This house is simple and benign, but i do not tolerate disrespectful,spoiled people-they simply have no place here,no matter how much money they have.As for the weed, i personally don't approve,but see no reason to forbid it as long as the people respect others,and they do,much more than those who prefer alcohol, actually.

This was the most unique, inspiring hostel I've stayed in. Don't be intimidated by the description if you think you're a friendly, open person! Like myself and others I met there, you may end up staying additional days just to hang out and get to know the awesome staff; although 'staff' sounds too impersonal after my 5 night stay.

Thanks for everything :)

This hostel is very, very, very nice! The atmosphere created by the house, the staff and the guests is just perfect. I can only describe it as "chilled". It is outside of town in a quiet neighbourhood, so bear this in mind, but it's easy to get into town by tram. Igor and the rest of the team are all very cool, friendly and interesting. Stay here.

A bright light in your eyes. Thanks for staying.

My favourite hostel so far. The staff there are friendly and welcoming not because it is their job, but because they are naturally friendly people. I felt immediately at ease at Mali Mrak, as the people I met there were all accepting and understanding. The hostel offers easy access to the city via tram and will also organise taxis and buses for you should you need them. The hostel is close to the forest and mountains nearby, which are nice for a days walking. Stay here! :)

Good neurons in your brain box. Like your perspective. And thanks for coming back. All the best!

Igor and his' staff were exceptionally helpful and friendly and as a result all of guests were relaxed and friendly also. There were rules in place for the benefit of all, however they were allowed to be stretched a little toward everyone's enjoyment. A ten minute tram ride to Zagreb centre, handy to supermarkets and everything a traveller needs. On top of this the amenities were of a high standard and cleanliness was A1.. Can't stress enough how welcoming it felt.

• 19th Aug 2014

Elaborate review, thanks! Yep, rules. Stretchable, except those that govern hygiene and behaviour ;)

One of the best hostels that I came across! a very welcoming feel by Igor ( the owner ) and Ivana who cooked for everyone a delicious dinner. all the guests gathered in the cozy backyard for chatting and eating dinner together. all in all we had a pleasant stay and will be glad to come back again!!

Mali Mrak is one of those special hostels that makes a trip worthwhile all by itself. Certainly one of the best, most relaxed, and social hostels I've ever visited.

B., it was a pleasure hosting you :) greetz from all here!

It was really a nice stay, just feel like a family, and also good opportunities to know some interesting friends. If I had more time, I would have stayed longer.

• 16th Aug 2014
  • China

My pleasure to have spent time with you. All the best. Igor

The hostel had a really good atmosphere. Great hosts and a lovely chilled place to stay, would definitely stay again when in Zagreb. I recommend it to anyone wanting somewhere to relax and get a true insight in to the city.

Thank you very much. was a good trip :)

I'm not sure what more you can ask for in a hostel. The staff is amazing and the atmosphere is amazing. Igor is very helpful and friendly; I wish we had more time there actually. I've been in maybe 20 different hostels, this was my favorite.

I can tell you, what more to ask :D - good people that come into your house, that's all you need to make the place complete. Thank you, N. All the best!

Mali Mrak hostel is so exceptional that I must review it, despite my lazyness! The atmosphere of this place is very unique. Chilled out place, where it is so easy to interact with different people, Igor and his staff are honestly the most inviting and helpful people and make the hostel exceptional. Igor took us to a local brewery and bike ride around Zagreb. Allowing us to appreciate Zagreb in a way you can't just by general sight seeing. Will definitely visit again. This hostel is amazing.

• 15th Aug 2014

Good ride, good food, good day. Thanks for coming, was a pleasure :)

I really enjoyed the stay at this hostel!The staff is super friendly, Igor took us for a cycling tour,went to a brewery with us an gave us super information about how to experience zagreb the local way.Some might say it is a bit off the road but in the end it's just a short ride with the tram.If I would come back to zagreb this is deffinately the place where I would stay again!!Thanks for your support and hopefully we will see us again!Greetz Hanjo

Alles gute & greetz right back at ya :D thanks

This is probably the best hostel I've stayed in. The staff is incredibly friendly an helpful and the atmosphere was so chilled!

• 14th Aug 2014

There is no spoon :)

How is this place so damn cool?! From the outside it might be a bit offsetting before going in, but from the moment of arrival, everything about this place is beautiful. From the people and staff, to the paintings on the walls in the bathroom, it is so inviting. If you're staying in Zagreb, there is no excuse to stay anywhere else, this place is the best. It was sad to leave but we have every intention of returning! (: Igor is the freaking best to talk to about worldly problems!

Worldly problems, eh? Don't think and talk too much, rather do stuff, heh. You two are always welcome here, it was a great time with you. Thanks for coming back, you almost hold the record with 4 times :D Best wishes to California, we miss you all.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7