Hostel Malti Reviews

109, Birkirkara Hill, Ta Giorni, St. Julians, St. Julians, Malta

Everything a hostel should be. Really friendly staff, constantly staff members cleaning, and one super friendly pup. Will return!

We had an amazingggggg time at Hostel Malti!! The staff were so great and we (The Swan Life, if you guys remember lol) enjoyed the atmosphere so much! Everyone was so friendly and we felt at home. The location is perfect as everything is walking distance. Lila was amazing at helping us around!

Hostel Malti is amazing! I felt like at home. Thanks Chris and Lilla :) Perfect place to stay, always clean, close to bus stop and with awesome roof with really breathtaking view :D Thanks to them my time in Malta was unforgettable! :D

I really enjoyed my stay at Hostel Malti. Chris and Lila were great help! Hostel Malti has a chill atmosphere with a nice mix of social activities and downtime. The terrace was a great place to sit in the sun and relax. There is a hot tub but it never got above 32° C. There was nobody at the reception desk in the middle of the day but it never posed a problem. The hostel is close to St. Julian’s and the Paceville nightlife. Ask Chris about a café in Spinola Bay that has a Hostel Malti discount.

I absolutely loved my 7 night stay at Hostel Malti. The atmosphere and vibe was great, making it feel like a little family. I was traveling to Malta alone, but it sure didn't feel like it because I made a great deal of friends during my stay. We'd all go sightseeing, out for dinners, to nightclubs, etc. Whether you're traveling alone or with friends, Chris, Lila, and the rest of the staff will make you feel right at home. :) Plan to come back to Malta and will be staying here again!!

Had an absolutely awesome time, really friendly and helpful. Was very sad to leave

• 16th Jan 2016

I was greeted by a very warm welcome by the lovely receptionist Lila,who was very helpful in ensuring I had a pleasant stay.The hostel has a nice common room on the first floor where fellow travellers can get to know each other,There is a great roof terrace with amazing views across St Julians and Valletta..It was a great vibe here and the owner Chris is such a lovely man that really cares about his guests, he will help you with anything you need to know.I definitely will be back!

• 10th Jan 2016

Absolutely loved my stay here. Chris and Jasper were amazing help and very friendly. I have made some very good friends here and would recommend to anyone wanting to visit Malta.

• 30th Dec 2015

Chris was great. disappointed hot tub was kind of restrictive with all the stipulations (like 4 hr notice before use... bummer). not too wild about the location with it being farther off the grid than I'm used to. otherwise it was acceptable. oh yeah, there was one night we got the vibe it was a halfway house lol. I wouldn't read too much into that comment but my buddy and I both felt that way. that was before meeting Chris who was super helpful btw and made us feel welcome.

Amazing hostel!!! Kinda hippie style but with new, technological and comfortable stuff. Has a nice kitchen to cook by yourself, very big lockers for bags and private things, clean bathrooms, a jacuzzon the terrace, and the staff is just awesome. And above all, it is SO cheap. The only tiny con is that you need to walk like 2 blocks uphill to get there from the coastline. But it's a small cost for such a good place.

Chris and Jasper are very friendly. The sun room's bathroom could use a soap dispenser.

Hostel Malti gave me the exact experience I was hoping for in Malta, it had a great atmosphere to meet people, Chris and Jasper were great and very helpful, and there two dog friends made everything that much better! Absolutely loved my stay!

What an awesome place! Chris the owner is so welcoming, friendly and knowledgable. Everyone at the hostel was great including guests, we had a great time and will absolutely be returning very soon. Ridiculously good value for money, thanks for a great stay and see you soon!

Just back from a fantastic stay at Hostel Malti, this place is a home from home! The staff Chris and Jasper really look after you, offering ideas for places to visit, right down to what to eat in which cafes, and sympathy when you're feeling ropey after a night out! Yeah, it's up a hill, but it's a five minute walk, seriously people, no one's asking you to climb a mountain, and the beds are as comfy as any five star hotel! Close to pubs, but not so close as to hear the noise, pretty perfect! :)

• 13th Dec 2015

A great hostel with a fantastic atmosphere. The owner Chris and employee Jasper are always around and always willing to give you great advice about where to go on the Island or just have a fun chat. The rooftop terrace with a fantastic view and hot tub make you not want to leave. Also, the beds and pillows possibly the comfiest of the over 75 hostels I've stayed in. The hostel dogs makes the stay over the top awesome. If you're in Malta, don't hesitate making Hostel Malti your home base.

Awesome little base for the weekend - beds comfortable, people friendly and just a real homely vibe about the place. Chris the host is a top guy, knows loads and is always happy to recommend things to do and places to go. Staffers are really cool too, Jasper and Vanessa it's been a pleasure meeting you and all of your friends and fellow guests. Absolutely recommended - for what it is, can't fault it!

• 11th Dec 2015

The best hostel in Malta . Amazing staff and very clean !!!

Almost best atmosphere and nicest people I've ever experienced in a hostel :) staff is very helpful. The building is old, as are the bathrooms and toilet, but at least everything worked fine. The security is not too high, with just a front door code and unlocked rooms.

• 25th Nov 2015

Incredibly friendly staff and an awesome atmosphere - feels like a big family home where people come and go. Great location and a well cool rooftop - wish it was warmer though so I could have utilised it!

The best staff who gave me best tips for sightseeing in Malta. Best value for money, great time spent in hostel, great people from all over the world.

« first « Prev 1 2 3