Hostel Mamallena Reviews

10-47 Calle Media Luna, Getsemani, Cartagena, Colombia

Amazing location . Breakfast is just pancakes and coffee but appreciated . Lots of cheap food options nearby. Bar at the hostel is great. I stayed in room 18 a bunk bed private that had great working AC. Bus to playa Blanca stops at the hostel. Lots to do nearby.

Thanks mate, much appreciated.

Not the best hostel. Terrible wifi and staff.

We actually dont make the internet, we pay for an account and we get what we are provided with. We pay for 4 9 meg lines, which is the maximum possible. We are in a third world country and its hard to expect western standards all the time. That said, I consider the internet here to be better than most I found in Australia. Widespread free WiFi in Australia just isnt that common. Staff, don't know what to say, some people like them, some don't. I push them but it doesnt always work.......

This hostel is a mixed bag. I mostly liked staying there, and the air conditioning is second to none in Cartagena (I stayed 3x for this alone). They help you plan activities and shuttles. The bar has a great burger. You can bring in your own beer. There are so-so pancakes and coffee included in the mornings. The cleaning staff is GREAT. The cons: The dorm is loud. SO LOUD. Until 4 a.m. every night. The staff is nice only when they want to be. The internet is horrific. But it's worth a stay.

I'm glad you mostly liked staying here :) Dorms can be loud as we are right on one of Cartagenas main party streets. Staff are a problem worldwide and ours are some of the best I have seen in Cartagena(maybe n ot saying much!). The internet, we dont actually make the internet, we just pay for the best lines we can find(4 of them). They are a problem and we do our best to fix them, but its something thats really out of our control. We have 4 lines of 9 meg each.

Staff was really helpful when i went to Santa Marta and came back and needed a place to keep my things and hang out all day before my flight out of Cartagena. Wifi very poor, and no towels, not even for rent. Nice common areas, and room had AC which was great! Very central area, location was its greatest asset.

Staff were preoccupied with each other and very unwelcoming I just got given a key and not told or shown were my room was. Wifi was terrible and very noisy at all hours

This hostel was great!! I had some last minute plans change and they were incredibly accommodating. Would definitely recommend to anyone wanting a chill vibe close to the walled city

Mamallena is a great spot to stay if you plan on going to the Wednesday night party in Media Luna. Its located directly across the road. The tables outside make it very easy to interact with other travellers. Our dorms were air conditioned all day long which is necessary for Cartagena. Our laundrey was returned smelling of fried onions due to the dryers odd location of the kitchen? Staff were very rude and hated answering any questions. Felt like we were disturbing them constantly!

A convenient hostel in a great location in Getsimani. A nice, chilled atmosphere - good for meeting other travellers. Air conditioning in the room was a blessing!

The only negative thing that I can think of was in my room there were steam holes for the bathroom, but there was no net covering them so it made it easy for mosquitos to fly in. Suggest putting a net over them (it was room number 1). Otherwise, great location, clean, friendly staff and ideal environment for making friends. Would definitely recommend it.

Good hostel. Easy walk to walled part of city. Feels pretty secure. The outside area is a good place to hang out. On the negative side- no hot water, Bad internet and some ants in the room.

Worst place I have ever stayed in. The floor was filthy and had hairs all over it. They have 6 wifi connections, but only 1 worked and you needed to use it at the entrance to the hostel. My major complaint is that outside my room there is a speaker mounted that blasts music randomly during the day and all night until 1am. I knew this was a party hostel but that was ridiculous. They should keep the music to the bar. I left after a day and a half, no refund was given for unused days.

Overall the hostel was ok I only stayed as it was the meeting point for San Blas Adventure pick up. The room was ok, ensure and had lockers. Bathroom clean enough but the door wasn't flush with the wall so there was a gap you could see through which isn't the best when you're put in a room with 6 men.

One of the most accommodating hostels I've stayed in! Arrived and was told that they had overbooked the dorm rooms, but had moved us to a private room with own bathroom and air con for the same price. Incredibly flexible with our uncertainty on additional nights- and allowing us to stay in private room if additional days were needed. Deep was SO helpful with recommendations for day trips, and restaurants! Was in Colombia for two weeks and this was by far the best hostel experiencned

I really liked this hostel, as a solo traveller I found that the lay out contributed to a very social atmosphere where it was easy to meet lots of people. It was a tad cliquey at times but that can't be helped, there just happened to be lots of groups. A/C in the dorms is another win as it gets v hot. Staff were helpful throughout. Sometimes it seemed that no one was guarding the doors and the dorms weren't locked but here were large lockers inside.

I stayed 2 nights and liked it. Good location to walk around, things like the fort and city walls are within 10 min walking. AC in the dorms 24/7 which is really nice. Staff for the most part are very helpful except one girl who was more interested in playing on her phone and talking to locals than answering questions. The British girl was the most helpful and friendliest, not to mention gorgeous :) I recommend this hostel as a good starting point for trips or sightseeing in Cartagena!

We loved our stay at mamanellas! The place clean and affordable, and the AC in the private room is exceptional. Breakfast is decent, laundry service could be better. Staff are super nice (especially Hannel) and the owner is awesome! The common areas don't get much breeze, making it difficult to hang there sometimes. Great experience overall!

We had a great stay here. The staff were very friendly and always ready to help. Air con was amazing. Great hang area for meeting other travelers. Free pancakes in morning was a great bonus. They offer a laundry service 15000. They'll also help arrange daytrips and onward travel. If you're wanting quiet early nights however this isn't the place, music always playing from about 9am-midnight. Thanks Mamallena's, we'll be back.

I had an amazing stay at hostel mamallena. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. They organized day trips that picked up right from the hostel. Atmosphere was great. No complaints at all, I would highly recommend this hostel if you're in Cartagena.

great hostel, chilled out and with a nice bar. had a misunderstanding with the staff one day and they actually went out of their way to make up for it. super friendly!

Aircon was great in the dorm and definitely welcome in cartagena. I felt the staff were a little mixed. Sometimes a bit grumpy. It is a good place to meet people.