Hostel Mamallena Reviews

10-47 Calle Media Luna, Getsemani, Cartagena, Colombia

Our fav hostel so far in Colombia! We stayed in private room here having come from a dorm room in El Viajero and it was perfect with our own bathroom. The hostel has a great atmosphere that El Viajero cannot provide due to its size. The location is perfect with Trinidad Plaza just around the corner. The only negative was our room was beside the bar / reception and was a little noisy, however we didn't mind. The staff were friendly and accommodating. Would highly recommend this hostel!

Glad you enjoyed it, and I didnt even have to twist your arm for a good review :) Feel free to come back anytime.

Good hostel for booking tours around the area. Air conditioning in room was brilliant, and they had good Mojitos in the downstairs bar.

The hostel in in front of a BIG party hostel and a crowded street, so if you have the rooms upstairs it will be just impossible to sleep at night. Music loud until 4.am, but the room is big, the A/C is amazing, its very clean all, the beds, the room, the common area. The staff are not so friendly and the Pancake as breakfast is just impossible to eat.

If you wish to be in a smoke free/drug free environment this place isn't for you. I had a good stay but for some reason I wasn't comfortable bc of the guest who disobeyed the rules aside from that you decide on your own if you wish to visit. Breakfast was free but its just pancake u either enjoy it or go over to Locombia to dine or wherever else. Staff I thought were great- the social area is pretty chill. I enjoyed my stay!

• 25th Jun 2015

And in Colombia that place would be? Unfortunately many backpackers come to Colombia for that exact reason and its hard to police. We try to have a relaxed atmosphere, which is why you enjoyed it I hope! We don't allow drugs but what happens in the privacy of peoples rooms is very hard to stop. Smoking happens in the common open areas. As I said, we don't allow drugs, especially in the common areas, but we're also not the police and peoples mothers to be telling them what to do.

This hostel had a few positives and a few negatives. The location and the staff are very good. You're able to book tours really easily through the hostel. The air con in dorms is very good. The bar downstairs does good and cheap food. The thing that let the hostel down was the cleanliness of the bathrooms and especially the kitchen. Also, be aware that like in many hostels, the bar plays loud music until late, so don't expect much sleep!

It seems the positives just outweighed the negatives, just :) We do try our best with the cleanliness but you have to remember that its also the responsibility of the guests to help maintain the kitchen. We do clean it daily and its obviously messy just after people have used it, without cleaning up. The bathrooms I think are pretty good, along with the rest of the hostel. most people are happy, but I guess its not perfect every day, unfortunately.

Good stay. Nice spacious room. Staff very helpfull and accommodating. Good pizza's too. Recommend

• 23rd Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

The location is really good and the bar staff is excellent!they are really helpful and friendly. Unfortunatly the shared bathroom was always dirty. It get as well very loud because all the rooms are located to the courtyard, bring earplugs!! :-)

Air con is a plus in this weather. One member of staff wasn't very helpful but another was very. Was quite pricey in my opinion for what it was but perhaps that's the price you pay for air con. Expect to wait a while for your pancakes in the morning

Great staff!! Especially Deeps from book exchange was amazing - I told her how I came about giving my book to a fellow travler and that afterwards I realized now I dont have anything to keep me busy on long bus journeys. DEEPS was super sweet and gave me her book so my journeys wont seem so long!! 10/10 for guest satisfactory. Thos is what hospitality is ;)

The staff were very laid back, helpful and friendly. The facilities were clean and conducive to having a good time. The pancakes for breakfast were an added bonus! My one cautionary point would be that the common area is basically right outside many of the rooms, which can make it noisy at night. However, this can be a non-issue with planning (i.e. bring earplugs) or by going out.

Good social hostel. Clean. Decent staff. Not party, but perfect warm up.

1 2 Next » last »