Hostel Mamallena Reviews

10-47 Calle Media Luna, Getsemani, Cartagena, Colombia

There was no hot water and breakfast could have more to eat than pancakes. Besides that, amazing place to stay. Definitely recommended.

Unfortunately no hot water, sorry. The pancakes are free for breakfast and people are usually OK with them, but we do have other options to buy as well. If our free breakfast was better then we'd have to charge more and we are trying to avoid doing that. Glad you had a great time.

The hostel was in a great location and the owner is a great man. I stayed here two separate times after originally staying at a different Cartagena hostel. The service, location and facilities here are the best that Cartagena has to offer in terms of hostels! I highly recommend Mamallena!

And the third stay is coming up soon right???

Great location, in the best area of Getsemani. The walk to Ciudad Amurallada is maybe 10min. Very friendly and helpful staff, the room and the common area (patio) was very clean... prices for food and drinks were reasonable.

I like staying at mamalllena, but this last time they overcharged me. On the site, I got one price and when I paid they gave me another. There needs to be more transparency when it comes to pricing regardless of 'high seasons' and special occasions.

• 13th Mar 2015

I'm glad you like us, and sorry for some confusion in the price. I wish you had said something at the time, cause we have not changed our prices. The amount you booked at is what you should have paid. We're not in the business of stealing a dollar or two from you, its not worth the bad reviews :)

I was supposed to be staying only two nights in Cartagena. I stayed those two nights at Mamallena, and then three more, and then... Well let's just say it's been a few weeks and I don't have my mind set on leaving. I love the staff here at Mamallena especially my soul sisters Imera and Deeps. The guys at the bar are super fun too. All things in consideration (staff, sleeping arrangements, ambiance, food, bar, price) I couldn't have picked a better hostel!

• 10th Mar 2015

Hostel Mamallena is now my absolute favourite. Stayed here twice and will return. The guys that work here are second to none they are most friendly and their local knowledge is invaluable. The hostel is also a tour company so it's your one stop shop for accommodation and all the best things to do in and around Cartagena. Both times I stayed here I did the bus trip to Playa Blanca and this is a must do! Stay here, you will not be disappointed.

Thanks, it was a pleasure to have you here, and would be great if you can make it back again one day soon.

I stayed in a private room which was nice. The room was pretty basic but comfortable, spacious, had AC and a comfortable bed. The rooms and bathrooms are clean. there is an area in the middle of the hostel that you can chill and socialize with people. Locations is 5 minutes walk to the old town. Staff were helpful and nice. they play very good music all day in the common area. There is also a bar and restaurant.

1 2 Next » last »