Hostel Manaus Reviews

Rua Lauro Cavalcante 231 - Centro, Manaus, Brazil

good that you can check out if you go to the jungle tour

The staff was really great and so was breakfast.

there was no atmosphere or facilities really. the whole place was open to the courtyard, so i got bitten by mosquitoes when in the common room and the rain came in in a rain storm. it cost £10 which is a bit much

I found the communal area of this hostel very dark and quite depressing. The rooftop where you have breakfast is probably the best thing about the place. The staff are knowledgable about the area and always happy to help but they love rules! For instance, when I told them all the breakfast had run out they told me I should have got there earlier! The rooms are also the hottest I have stayed in in Brazil- they have fans but they dont make much difference.

The staff were so welcoming and helpful

• 27th Apr 2015

Staff very helpful, bit overpriced, keep your eye out avidly for 'ice cream place' when following directions on bus as could very easily miss it, cold showers, some belongings of mine weirdly got taken from common kitchen so watch your stuff, bed bugs

The hostel was grungy, smelled, did not inspire a sense of well-being, and just generally left something to be desired. One of the bathrooms was out of toilet paper, and the person working the front desk did not know where to find more. On the plus side, in the morning the empregada (lady preparing breakfast) very nicely let us have breakfast early, as we were leaving early for the day.

Not your top of the line place, unfortunately. You do get help from staff, no complain there, but bathrooms need cleaning more often and rooms could use some fresh air. And please, give the sofa covers a good wash, they smell awfully. I understand the weather in Manaus doesn't help, but still...

Nice quaint hostel...really appreciated the excellent breatkfast: bread, lots of fruit, eggs, etc. Nice base for activiites.

I spend there just a night. I made my reservation one month before, but when I came there was no my reservation, they gave my room to someone else, and spend around 30-40 minutes before could prove, my reservation and finally got my room. At a beginning the guy on a desk just see that he is new there and he can not help me. If not the guide-man which lead me, I do not know how it could finished.

The staff would prepare better the bedrooms because they confuse couples, big groups and small groups. Alert! There is another Hostel Manaus and the taxis mistakes the trajets!

• 26th Jun 2013
  • Colombia

I made my reservation through hostelworld, but when I got to the scene found the bad location. A boy from the region told me that the place was kind of dangerous, so I decided not to be staying there.

Thanks for a lovely stay - only one night but it was fantastic and a great start to my trip in Amazonas!

• 4th Jun 2013

The staff here were unbelievably rude, in addition to the fact that they barely spoke English (which was particularly frustrating when I was sick and needed help). They also tried to swindle us by putting us in a lesser room than what we paid for, and refused to issue a refund for the difference. On top of that, the showers were freezing cold and our room literally smelled like urine. Would never stay here again. Worst hostel I've ever stayed in (though I usually only stay in 80%+rated ones

Conveniently placed for walking around Manaus. They didn't have the room we'd requested (double with en suite) since they'd let it to someone else even though we arrived there in early afternoon. HI confirmation didn't specify so maybe there had been poor communication (price quoted was for double with en suite). But we accepted a double room with bath across the hallway instead and it was fine. They were very helpful in all regards. Breakfast very good - rooftop so definitely a good view.

Staff IMpersonal

Overall view: very good.

This was a good hostel. The upstairs dining area has a nice view, and sitting on the patio with the trees around you is really pleasant. I liked the big locker drawers under the bunkbeds too. The shower wasn´t really warm, but it seems to be that way everywhere I go in Brazil. The only real bummer about this place was the location... Although it was close to where a lot of buses stop, there weren´t a lot of options for places to get food nearby, or anything really that cool to walk to.

For my second trip to Manaus, I choose whis hostel, as the first time. It is a good place with a really good breakfest (be carfull, go outside the rush hour). The only bad experience I had this time is the cleanliness. Our private room was not cleaned for our check in at 2AM. A lot of rubich on the floor and in the bin, meaning no roomservice between customer.

The location of the hostel is quite allright, but Manaus itself is overall a bit of a dirty town that is growing like a mushroom without much of a masterplan, as in lots of rainforest areas ... also the staff is quite allright, some of them speak english as well

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7