Hostel Manaus Reviews

Rua Lauro Cavalcante 231 - Centro, Manaus, Brazil

Really enjoyed the stay. Probably only good thing in Manaus. Staff were friendly and knowledgeable and the facilities were very good. Would definitely stay again if I ever go back to the Amazon.

My friend and I stayed at this hostel at the beginning and end of our jungle trek. It's got a great location, lots of places to chill, and the staff is super friendly and helpful. This is the best place to stay in Manaus on a budget.

Staffs were really interested in help me with bags, cabs and whatever I wanted. The breakfast was wonderful and the facilities as water and sodas as well. I just loved it!

No bar, no hostel atmosphere where you meet people. Just a place where people stay the night before heading to the jungle... But with this in mind it was overall a good place to stay with comfortable matress. There was no soap in the bathroom.

We couldn't recommend Hostel Manaus enough. The staff were very very friendly and helpful at all times. We got a very warm welcome from them. We couldn't check in our room straight away but we were shown where showers were, shown on a map where we could go in Manaus that day and basically given all the info we would need. The hostel was very clean and is very quirky. Room 3 wasn't a great location as right next to the kitchen but we also stayed in room 9 which was great!

• 18th Nov 2015

It was a very good hostel, especially the location for the breakfast with a great view over Manaus. I especially liked that we could book our Jungle Tour there which was awesome and I would recommend everybody to do!!!

the hostel is a bit far from the opera house 15-20 min walk where other hostels are 2 min walk. staff are nice, breakfast is average, beds are good and AC is very good

GET A ROOM WITH AN AC!! The rooms with just a fan are like sleeping in a hot box. We ended up crashing on couches in the lobby is was so hot in our room. The place is really clean and you can see people cleaning it. They offer breakfast early (helpful for tours) and you can stay in the hostel until 10pm after check out if you fly out late. Lots of social spaces/lobby. Also robbery happens everywhere but an FYI, woman robbed on the block at gun point. Still, I would book at this hostel again.

Very friendly hostel with agreat breakfast. Everything interesting in the center of Manaus is located in walking distance and they also have a tour booking agency in house (different company).

One of the best Hostels in my stay in Brazil. Thank you!

We only stayed one night and arrived late and left early as we were heading in to the jungle, but our stay was very straight forward and enjoyable. Arrived at 1.30am and checkin at this time was no problem. Lovely breakfast the next morning! Staff very accommodating. Can't properly comment on location as we were dropped and picked up at the door.

good that you can check out if you go to the jungle tour

The staff was really great and so was breakfast.

there was no atmosphere or facilities really. the whole place was open to the courtyard, so i got bitten by mosquitoes when in the common room and the rain came in in a rain storm. it cost £10 which is a bit much

I found the communal area of this hostel very dark and quite depressing. The rooftop where you have breakfast is probably the best thing about the place. The staff are knowledgable about the area and always happy to help but they love rules! For instance, when I told them all the breakfast had run out they told me I should have got there earlier! The rooms are also the hottest I have stayed in in Brazil- they have fans but they dont make much difference.

The staff were so welcoming and helpful

• 27th Apr 2015

Staff very helpful, bit overpriced, keep your eye out avidly for 'ice cream place' when following directions on bus as could very easily miss it, cold showers, some belongings of mine weirdly got taken from common kitchen so watch your stuff, bed bugs

The hostel was grungy, smelled, did not inspire a sense of well-being, and just generally left something to be desired. One of the bathrooms was out of toilet paper, and the person working the front desk did not know where to find more. On the plus side, in the morning the empregada (lady preparing breakfast) very nicely let us have breakfast early, as we were leaving early for the day.

Not your top of the line place, unfortunately. You do get help from staff, no complain there, but bathrooms need cleaning more often and rooms could use some fresh air. And please, give the sofa covers a good wash, they smell awfully. I understand the weather in Manaus doesn't help, but still...

Nice quaint hostel...really appreciated the excellent breatkfast: bread, lots of fruit, eggs, etc. Nice base for activiites.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7