Hostel Mancini Reviews

Via P S Mancini 33, Naples, Italy

Shared bathroom is annoying. You have to shower early or risk no hot water in your bath. The staff are amazingly friendly and awesome. During the winter it gets cold but there are no heaters to warm you up in the night. Overall great experience but the facilities need upgrading.

• 25th Feb 2015

Never had a such warm welcome. The staff at Hostel Mancini are avesome, especialy Luciano with night walking tour in the city center. My rom was very confortable with large bathrom and hot shover. They have very beautiful free kitchen and they speak very good english. I come back here soon :-)

• 18th Feb 2015
  • Russia

This was my fourth stay at Hostel Mancini, and I've always been completely satisfied. The staff are friendly and helpful, everything's clean, and the location is really convenient. It's very close to the train station, and all the sights are walking distance. Lots of reviews mention problems with the area, but I never felt unsafe in Via Macini or the surrounding streets. Just use your common sense!

The uncle just kept telling you to take care of yourself and the safety of your bag, it's so nice to have a stay here.

cool hostel helper, showed us party place, big kitchen to meet people and cook together, good advices for tours (scooters, other hotels from the owner)

• 31st Dec 2014
  • Belgium

The location close to the station is usefull but sketchy. Most people seem to choose it for that reason, so ne prepared to people leaving very early. The hostel is quite far from the center. Staff is very friendly but the bathroom did not work properly.

Very close to the train station. On walking down the street I got the impression that it was really rough because of all the rubbish on the street but it turned out to be a clean hostel. The fella on the night shift appeared to be initially grumpy but he turned out to be very helpful , so first impressions are not always correct. The breakfast was good. Another plus for this place is that the tourist tax was included in the price as advertised because in Italy hostels try to add this stupid tax.

I have never complained about the location of a hostel until now. I refused to leave after dark. Even during the day I was nervous to walk down the street. Yes, it's close to Napoi Centrale, which is the only positive about the location, but everything else about the location was horrible. Other than that, the hostel was pretty basic. The wifi didn't work in the rooms, and the lockers only fit a certain type of lock. When asked if they had extra they didn't :(

Really helpful and friendly staff, immaculate kitchen and great breakfast. Only downside was the atmosphere, but that was probably just the weather and time of year!

The location is good because it's very close to a major train station/bus from the airport, but it's also a bad location because the neighbourhood is sketchy as, especially at night ! Although once you are up in the hostel you feel safe again, the complimentary sangria was amazing, the staff was informative, and it's easy to meet people in the kitchen. The Tupperware turtle in the tv room is a bonus :) aha

The outside mislead you, when I got in I got really impressed. Its such a comfortable place, they have a really nice common area and the rooms are excellent. The old man who runs the place is very helpful and friendly. The shower is good and internet works perfectly. The breakfast its OK, bread, cereals, coffee,tea, cookies and yogurt. I had a really nice time there, but the city is quite chaotic haha more hostels could be like this one!!

The manager Stefano was very helpful to all guests. He gave detailed information of how to get to the attractions and recommended places we should see and also good, inexpensive place to eat. The room was cleaned and mopped daily. The hostel is near the Napoli Central Station, about 12 minutes walk which is a plus.

• 28th Oct 2014

Great hostel, great people, would recommend to everybody.

It took a while to find the hostel because there was no sign, except for the small label on the doorbell. I would definitely recommend traveling with a buddy, especially if coming in at night (as the area can be very sketchy at night). The hostel was relatively clean but I found it kind of difficult communicating with the receptionist. No locks are available for rent, you'll have to either bring one yourself or buy it at the vending machine.

Right outside of the Hostel entrance there is a huge sign where is writte Hostel Mancini with a BIG arrow to point the entrance gate. PLUS outside of all balconies we have VERY visible BIG signs ( yellow and red color ) with the Hostel name. Also about padlocks....we do provide a locker for each bed, BUT padlock is personal for SECURITY and it has to be provided by the guest....and this is for the guest security.

Hostel Mancini helped us figure out exactly what we needed to do to get the most out of our trip to Naples, it was incredibly helpful and we had a great time! Staying in Hostel Mancini was perfect!

I had a very nice stay in this hostel. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The facilities were very clean. Lockers in the room make the room very secure. The location is quite good because close to the station but the area is quite noisy.

Good location to both train station and historic center, even though seems like a bit restless area when arriving the first time... But thats Napoli in generally. Nice staff n breakfast

This hostel is great! One of the best I've stayed in. The whole hostel is very clean with a great kitchen and common area. The location is extremely convenient to take day trips (so close to the station!) But also easy to get to museums and the city center. Overall a fantastic hostel with such helpful, kind staff and I'd love to go back!

I arrived at night, so the area was a little sketchy. But it was easy enough to find. I thought the man at the desk looked grumpy, but he was actually super nice and helpful!! He gave a lot of good tips on what to see/do in the area. The breakfast was awesome! I was unsure of the hostel at first, but it really turned out at be a great place!

Excellent place. And wonderful host (and hostess) :)