Hostel Mancini Reviews

Via P S Mancini 33, Naples, Italy

Great hostel. If you travel to / from Napoli by plane, it is a perfect location to stay (you just take Alibus from the airport to Piazza Garribaldi and then walk 100m). Staff is very nice and helpful, when you arrive you get a map with tips for must-see places and the best pizza in town. There's also a Sangria night organized once or twice in a week, where you can meet all the hostel's guests.

The guy was a little grumpy but also very helpful in terms of helping you find your way around the city. (Ie helping me find a pizza place, showing me a good walking route, etc). Rooms are nice, atmosphere is charming, wifi is good. A little hard to find since its on the second floor of a building.

This hostel was a highlight of my trip to Italy. Travelling as two young females Naples seemed a bit scary to begin with but the hostel was safe and secure and super clean with everything we needed. The free sangria night helped us make loads of new friends and have a really great time! Staff were lovely and super helpful with any questions. Definitely would recommend!

This hostel was great once you're inside, however the area is very sketchy with many people lingering in the street. Take note of the directions so you can find it! The staff at the desk calmed our nerves and gave us a bunch of tips to improve our safety. By the end of our stay we felt much more comfortable. We visited Pompeii and caught the train to there and to Rome after our stay so it was a very convenient location in that respect. Best pizza we have ever tasted was right around the corner.

The hostel is good, the staffs are nice, the coffe break is good and the bathroom is clean. But, the area near the Central Terminal isn't very good: it is full of pickpockets. There's two sidewalks when you left the terminal. Try to get the left sidewalk, because the another one there's a open market and some guys surround me and my girlfriend and try to steal some objects of her backpack. YOU SHOULD TAKE CARE IN NAPOLI DOWNTOWN, SPECIALLY AROUND THE TERMINAL AND IN THE TRAINS.

Thanks so much for the kind review about our Hostel, Staff and other things about the property that we really apreciated!! About safety or security in Naples, I continue to say that wherever we travelnow we need to pay attention and SIMPLY use our comon sense....because everywhere and expecially in BIG Cities people has to pay attention about pickpocketing. About our Hostel and Staff we always inform all to watch pickpocketers or scammers....but sometimes also guests sames like not to pay attention when we give them informations about such things ( no matter if this is around station area or port area or werevelse....!! )

Although the location seems like a dangerous place, it's quite astonishingly cleaned and safe inside the hostel. You can't beat the proximity of the hostel to the train station. Highly recommended. This hostel is actually owned and operated by local, Italian-speaking Italian people (unlike some other non-Italian speaking hostel staffs, if you know what I mean). Staffs at Hostel Mancini actually cares about this city's tourism and their customers. I love this place!

Stefano is kind and helpful. He is always ready to provide travel tips and assistance. One tip for anyone who plan to book a private room for 2: we were assigned room 5. I do not know if it is the only private room for 2 they have but from what i saw the 4-bed dorm is much more spacious than room 5 and it's much better lit too. Our private room comes with a bunk bed (because the room is not big enough for 2 single beds). My guess is that the dorm will be more comfortable.

The staff are lovely and down to earth. Go if you want to relax and some earthy interactions with real Roman hostel staff who will tell the best way to see the city! Not a socially intensive hostel like other places in Rome, but to say you can't interact with others! Nice!

Only one "correction"....Hostel MAncini is in Naples and not in Rome as written by the guest ;-) Thanks so much for the nice words :-) Happy NEW YEAR!!

The hostel is just perfect! Good wifi in the bedroom, breakfast included, super friendly staff and near to the central station. Amazing!

Best shower I've ever seen in a hostel before. Poor heating.

• 29th Dec 2015

One of, if not, the best hotel i stayed at over the course of three months. Great facilities & very clean! The owner David is a really nice guy and has great advice on the town and surrounding areas, would definitely visit again! Thanks David take care!

One of the best hostel I've ever stayed. The staffs were awesome, especially Mellisa. Two nights in a row, with other lodgers, we spent our time touring for the best pizza in town. So much fun! for me like finding new home in Napoli. Eventough the area is a little bit spooky and you have to be really pay attention, but when you arrive in the hostel, it is comfortable with hot shower 😘 Thanks

Overall, I very much enjoyed my stay at Hostel Mancini. I found the staff to be extremely helpful, knowledgeable and efficient. The place itself is very modern, safe and clean. It is a little far from town, but still close to the train station, and Da Michele! If I go back to Naples, I would stay here again.

• 18th Dec 2015

Only gripe is that the rooms were a little cold in winter and the additional blankets supplied were quite dusty. Other than that the place was great - super helpful and responsive staff, very clean rooms and common areas, good selection for breakfast. Good atmosphere when it wasn't full of rabble (which the hotel can't help obviously).

This hostel was surprisingly excellent. Originally is planned Naples as just a stop over with no sights scheduled except for the archeology museum. However when I arrived one of the front desk workers (I can't remember his name) sketched me out a quick itinerary and soon I was walking a beautiful coastline and having the best pizza that I've ever tasted. They saved the city for me. The hostel was clean, the breakfast was basic but good, and it's location was convenient to the train station.

A free and nice breakfast! Ideal location! Still, the hostel manager is not really nice with the customers.

• 13th Dec 2015

I am so sorry to read about unfriendly Manager....but this is not true!! Of course we get a bit disappointed when some guests doesn't respect others....and in this case the review writer didn't because he want keep sleeping into the room also during daily cleaning hours, but we like to give to all people a clean and fresh rooms evey single day!!

Way too expensive for a hostel was nice but reduce the price

The hostel is located very near to main train/bus/metro station. Rooms are clean and spacious (all bunk beds, even in double room), but bidet was not working. Internet is available only in common areas. Breakfast basic but abundat. Staff is very helpful and gives directions and informations about everything will be needed.

Perfect hostel. Book without thinking

Amazing location, right near the Central Piazza, and the main train station. The staff was really helpful and friendly, and was happy sitting and talking with myself and some other guests about the city. A relatively small hostel, but it felt cozy. The lockers could have been a bit bigger (did not fit my suitcase, and would not have fit a full hiking backpack), and bathrooms could have been a bit cleaner, but for the price, staff, and location, I would definitely stay here again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4