Hostel Mancini Reviews

Via P S Mancini 33, Naples, Italy

This hostel is close to the train station which is great. When you first get to the area it seems sketchy but it's honestly not bad after staying there 3 nights. The staff were AMAZING. Luciano is a great guy that will help you! Great hostel atmosphere, not a super party atmosphere but easy to meet people and they have some events. Breakfast was great. The only con I have is that there is no air conditioning or fan. The air in Naples is hot and still. I was sweating at night. Otherwise love it!!

I think we had an awesome trip in Naples, especial because the staff of the hostel as they where very nice and came up with the best ideas for what we could do in and around Naples, and without them our trip would have been nice, but not as awesome as is was.

• 20th Jul 2015

Fantastic hostel in Naples. At the first time I was not convinced as the hostel is located in a confusing street, but after I realized that it was just noisy in the morning because there is a market. It's very safe to walk in the night and the staff was so convincing that I didn't worry about and they were right. Naples it's a beautiful and colorful city. About the hostel, what I can tell is that the staff is the best part. The rooms were clean and colorful. I'm still amazed!!!

• 15th Jul 2015
  • Finland

Brilliant location near the train station. Only downside to it is the rough looking road it's on. Also found it odd that there's only one key to each room - just make sure you take a padlock. Rooms have no aircon, was bearable for a night but incredibly hot. Man at reception very helpful though!! However agree with person below, the turtle should be in a bigger tank

Beautiful hostel in the center of Naples. I stayed here with my friend and we felt very secure. I would like to tell to other people that come to Naples that this is a fantastic city and is not dangerous like other people say. Thanks hostel Mancini for everything. I hope to come to this city and to this hostel again :-)

• 13th Jul 2015

Here in Naples my trip in Italy ended. This was the best hostel in Italy where I've been. Nice people, very helpful staff. I booked here for one night and thanks to the hostel staff I stayed two more nights instead going to Rome again. The hostel is very nice and clean. The breakfast was so good and there are many big cups of Nutella. I recommend this hostel to everyone!!!

• 13th Jul 2015

very good location and good community feel. the host guy is really cool and is happy to do events and show everyone around the town. cool place but the one complaint is that the owner (or manager?) has a pet turtle that he keeps in a very small plastic box. it's very sad, free the turtle! or at least give it room to move more than an inch!!! anyways, good hostel.

The location was questionable, it's within close proximity to the train station but the area was unnerving. The rooms were ensuite, had lockers and the hostel itself felt secure.. but the location just totally tainted my stay there. Breakfast in hostels is never great, this was no exception. I had varying experiences with the members of staff, but overall the staff were friendly and helpful. Lastly, there's only one key per room, could cause inconvenience if you're staying there for a while.

The location was dreadful as it was in a very rough looking area that didn't make you feel safe, however it was close to the train station which made it more acceptable. The receptionist fell asleep so I was locked out from my room for a while. The staff were helpful and friendly and there were lockers. There was no hot water. There wasn't much to eat for breakfast but it was sufficient enough. I wouldn't return based on the surrounding area. There wasn't fresh linen on the pillow, only the bed.

Convenient location to the train/bus station. Staff and volunteers were incredibly helpful. Very social atmosphere with all the backpackers and staff.

• 30th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Friendly staff, as usual. I'll be back soon.

The staff is so friendly, they even have a pet! GG I love you!

Very nice hostel, in a beautiful and colorful city. Staff very friendly. Stay here and you will get the right informations to sightseeing the city with no worries.

• 19th Jun 2015
  • Slovenia

The location its close to the station but you think that in one moment some people will steal you a lot of people in the street its weird so if you arrive in the night be very careful

Overall a pretty annoying experience. Lots of inconsistently enforced rules about when you can be in your room due to cleaning -- if they don't clean during the posted times, expect to be booted out by the rather rude and obnoxious co-owner and guilt-tripped for making them wait. Washrooms are also not very clean. I found a shaving razor on the floor of the shower, although it could have been from the last person to use the shower. Even apart from the razor, not very appealing.

In all Hostel/Hotel around the world rooms are accessible ONLY after the daily cleanings and so it is also for common areas.When you and your other 2 friends arrived was pretty early and PRETENDED to get into your room and was not even the check out time for guests who were booked ino that room.We kindly offered a safe deposit for your 3 luggages.You have used the common bathroom and this was just used by another guest.We need time to do our work to give you a clean place to stay :-)

Great choice to stay here, it made our trip to Naples great - all the staff are very knowledgable and super helpful about the area and getting around to the surrounds like Pompeii and Amalfi etc. clean rooms and bathrooms too. Great breakfast included too! And the book exchange is such a good idea for travellers. Super close to the train and bus station too. The owners are very passionate about the business and you can tell they care deeply about the service they provide! Thanks for a great stay

I recommend this hostel to anyone who wants to see naples and pompeii. The hostel itself is great, I felt very safe there. I put the location as poor because although it is right next to the train station, it is in a SKETCHY part of town. We were told multiple times not to go outside after dark, and I believed it. One of the people I was staying with at the hostel did go out, and he was drugged and woke up on the side of a random street with his things stolen.

Thanks so much for the nice words about your stay in our Hostel BUT about this happening I have to reply: this guy went out with a group of more then 10 people for a night walking tour in the historic center and he was already drunk....plus he also had more drinks in a Bar so he was complitely drunk!! The group walked back to the Hostel without hime because they missed him and that's the reason why he got stuff stolen, NOT because he was drugged as you wrote....common sense is important!!

Very nice and colorful hostel in a location very easy to reach. Best pizza right around the corner of the hostel.

• 12th Jun 2015

Located very close to the train station but in an intimidating part of Italy. Be very wary of pickpockets. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Amazing Naples pizza is right around the corner. They had free sangria night on Thursday! The free breakfast was nice as well. I would recommend bringing ear plugs and sleep mask since there is no air conditioning in the room and the windows to the balcony have to be open to keep it cool. There are bright lights and a lot of street noise.

Only one toilet and shower for floor and they're in the same room. Area looks very dodgy and unsafe. But overall close to station, staff are helpful and free breakfast, what more could you want/need from a hostel!

Just for who read....bathroom in the corridor with shower as commone use....but theis guest didn't mention that we also have rooms with privated bathroom!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4