Hostel Mancini Reviews

Via P S Mancini 33, Naples, Italy

Area was a bit sketchy at night time, but was great during the day time. Super close to the train station - so really convenient to get to Pompeii and Sorrento (Positano and Amalfi area). Staff was fun and knowledgeable :D

Directions provided by hostel owners are really good and accurate. It's very easy to find it, even thought the sign with hostel name is small. The Mancini street isn't a nice place. During the day there's a kind of market there. Hostel itself is really safe. To get in you need to ring each time. Hostel owners and staff are very nice. We could easily get even more information that we've asked and some great tips where to go and what to see. Rooms are comfortable with enough space.

I definitely had an excellent experience here. The staff works hard to make your stay as pleasant as possible therefore the atmosphere is friendly, familiar and comfortable. The facilities are good: nice equipped little kitchen, laundry service, good wi fi connection everywhere and the chance to use one of their free of charge pc's. It's centrally located and a good point to explore the (huge) city of naples and its beautiful sorroundings. I would come back immediately!

The staff here are amazing!

It's in the middle of a really grimy part of town, but it's very close to the train station and the staff here is absolutely awesome. The bathrooms could benefit from some attention and they could use a bigger sign out front, but other than that, I definitely recommend Hostel Mancini. They have a weird room key policy but it was no problem during my 3-night stay. The actual address is Via Pasquale Stanislao Mancini, 33, Napoli. HostelWorld just lists "PS Mancini" which throws off navigation.

Oh well....if grimy menas a big daily street market....?!?

The staff was very helpful. There was a well stocked kitchen for preparing meals. Free breakfast was provided each morning. The hostel also provided a free pasta dinner on the Saturday night.

Being a solo traveler, I was concerned with safety when I first arrived. The first staff man offered me peace of mind that I would be safe. He was very helpful and told me all the sights to see since my trip was very short. He drew out a walking path on the map and explained the public transport. When I asked if it would be safe to walk to the train station he bolstered "Of course! Why not?!". Later, the next worker said "be very careful when you leave in the morning!" Overall I liked it.

I went back a second time. Perfect location opposite the train station. The streets are full of rubbish, it "looks" a rough area outside. But it's fine. Women and children walk by!! It's safe during the day! Just use common sense, the usual traveller safety advice. Breakfast good. I had to change rooms a few times, which gave me extra work packing and unpacking. I preferred room 3. Rooms have balconies facing the square. Alfredo(?) was fantastic help, and cheerful. The other guy so-so.

The neighborhood was majorly sketchy and filled with vendors during the day. I wouldn't recommend coming back too late after dark.

Good hostel, only there for one night, wasn't very busy, but was close to the train station and the staff were very knowledgeable about places to go/eat and transportation

The hostel is very close to the train station, which was great for our one-night stay. The owner was very good at communicating with us before and during our stay, and it was great to be greeted with a map and information on what to do in Naples. Facilities were relatively comfortable.

• 7th Apr 2014

Loved my short stay there and will hopefully be returning, very helpful staff! even helped me with booking the next hostels i was going too.

• 24th Mar 2014

It was very hard to find, however the staff was amazing and we were very comfortable at this hostel! They gave us great tips and advice.

• 7th Mar 2014

It looks and sounds so strange when people write or say IT WAS VERY HARD TO FIND......Hostel Mancini is right in front of Naples Central train station and from our balconies we can see the station as well....PLUS when booking through Hostelworld PLEASE have a look at our VIDEO link we have added on Hostelworld website ;-)

Hostel owner was very helpful. He runs a good operation and gave us great advice on where to go in the city

Nicest staff!!!! So helpful and kind. Really enjoyed the staff. Great Location near central train station and metro. Nice Breakfast and Common Room. Nice rooms with private bathrooms. Definitely recommend it!

We loved hostel Mancini. Beds were comfy, staff were friendly, breakfast was amazing. Location is very ahhhh...suited to naples. There's a 'market' everyday which involves a lot of men harassing you. But other than that everything was perfect!

Location convenient but grimy and doesn't feel too safe at night. Helpful directions to points of interest on arrival. Well-equiped kitchen. clean. wifi in the common area, didn't work in the room. Only 1 key for the shared dorm- a bit inconvenient. Lockers provided but no keys/padlocks. There was a sign saying to ask reception for a padlock, but when I asked I was told it was up to me and that I should go out and buy a padlock for 5eu. So I carried my laptop around herculaneum!

Thanks so much for the kind review. Only a notice about padlock: We think that security is most important thing ( we do provide free lockers ) and this is the reason why we have no lockers with key. Guest must have a personal padlock so only he/she has the key. In this way guest's belongings are SECURE and Hostel is out of responsabilty ;-) About 1 key for each dorm also easy....the last person who leaves the room give the key back to reception. Reception is 24 hours open!!

It was a very nice place to stay. There is everything you need. The breakfast was so cool. And there were nice people. We would come back.

1 2 Next » last »