Hostel Mancini Reviews

Via P S Mancini 33, Naples, Italy

This hostel is great, had lots of fun. It is 3min far from the central train station, what allow us to go any of the main attractions easily. Staff really friendly, we had also great night tour provided by the hostel :) Esse hotel é ótimo, me diverti demais. Ele fica a 3 minutos da estação de trem central de Nápoles, o que me permitiu ir facilmente para qualquer uma das principais atracões da região. A equipe do hostel é muito legal também. Super recomendo.

I absolutely loved my days at this hostel. Walking in, the atmosphere is bright and the people, staff and travelers, were wonderful. My favorite parts about staying here were the social hour the owners sponsored the first night I arrived, where all the guests gathered with sangria and snacks to get to know each other, and second, the trip to the islands the next day lead by a volunteer with the hostel. All we did was pay our usual ferry tickets. I could have stayed for the whole week!!

The staff here are what makes the stay worth it. They really want to make you feel comfortable and offered us iced tea as soon as we arrived. They are more than accommodating to anything we need and showed us where to go and what to see. It is also about a 5 minute walk to the restaurant where pizza was invented. The location isn't the best but as two young females we never felt scared of threatened. It's right next to the train station so it's perfect for a quick stop in Naples!

The downside of this hotel is that it's in a rough location. During the heatwave the lack of ac and fans was quite miserable! With the windows open it was loud in the alley at night. Needs a fan!!! The good parts are that its close to the rail station (5-10 min walk), the staff are very nice and accommodating, and Luciano took us on an awesome day trip to sorrento! It was a gorgeous secret natural pool with cliff jumps. Fantastic day! Free breakfast is a nice addition. Shared br isn't too bad.

This hostel is close to the train station which is great. When you first get to the area it seems sketchy but it's honestly not bad after staying there 3 nights. The staff were AMAZING. Luciano is a great guy that will help you! Great hostel atmosphere, not a super party atmosphere but easy to meet people and they have some events. Breakfast was great. The only con I have is that there is no air conditioning or fan. The air in Naples is hot and still. I was sweating at night. Otherwise love it!!

The hostel is great, staff very friendly and helpful. The breakfast is awesome (coffee, bread, nutella, peanut butter. What else do you want?), localization is also very good. The only very bad thing, was that the hostel had no fan in the rooms. This is just terrible. Italian summer is very hot, and while sleeping in a room with 6 more other people, having no ventilation, makes it impossible to sleep. A fan does not cost that much for the hostel to not want to get at least one for each room...

I think we had an awesome trip in Naples, especial because the staff of the hostel as they where very nice and came up with the best ideas for what we could do in and around Naples, and without them our trip would have been nice, but not as awesome as is was.

• 20th Jul 2015

A very social, bubbly hostel. It's super close to the main station. The area is rather dodgy, but it's Naples and I felt safe, just pays to be aware of your surroundings. One of the volunteers took us on a pub tour and made sangria prior. I genuinely made lifelong friends at Mancini and that was helped by the great social areas. Warning! The breakfast may give you diabetes

Fantastic hostel in Naples. At the first time I was not convinced as the hostel is located in a confusing street, but after I realized that it was just noisy in the morning because there is a market. It's very safe to walk in the night and the staff was so convincing that I didn't worry about and they were right. Naples it's a beautiful and colorful city. About the hostel, what I can tell is that the staff is the best part. The rooms were clean and colorful. I'm still amazed!!!

• 15th Jul 2015
  • Finland

Brilliant location near the train station. Only downside to it is the rough looking road it's on. Also found it odd that there's only one key to each room - just make sure you take a padlock. Rooms have no aircon, was bearable for a night but incredibly hot. Man at reception very helpful though!! However agree with person below, the turtle should be in a bigger tank

Beautiful hostel in the center of Naples. I stayed here with my friend and we felt very secure. I would like to tell to other people that come to Naples that this is a fantastic city and is not dangerous like other people say. Thanks hostel Mancini for everything. I hope to come to this city and to this hostel again :-)

• 13th Jul 2015

Here in Naples my trip in Italy ended. This was the best hostel in Italy where I've been. Nice people, very helpful staff. I booked here for one night and thanks to the hostel staff I stayed two more nights instead going to Rome again. The hostel is very nice and clean. The breakfast was so good and there are many big cups of Nutella. I recommend this hostel to everyone!!!

• 13th Jul 2015

very good location and good community feel. the host guy is really cool and is happy to do events and show everyone around the town. cool place but the one complaint is that the owner (or manager?) has a pet turtle that he keeps in a very small plastic box. it's very sad, free the turtle! or at least give it room to move more than an inch!!! anyways, good hostel.

The location was questionable, it's within close proximity to the train station but the area was unnerving. The rooms were ensuite, had lockers and the hostel itself felt secure.. but the location just totally tainted my stay there. Breakfast in hostels is never great, this was no exception. I had varying experiences with the members of staff, but overall the staff were friendly and helpful. Lastly, there's only one key per room, could cause inconvenience if you're staying there for a while.

The location was dreadful as it was in a very rough looking area that didn't make you feel safe, however it was close to the train station which made it more acceptable. The receptionist fell asleep so I was locked out from my room for a while. The staff were helpful and friendly and there were lockers. There was no hot water. There wasn't much to eat for breakfast but it was sufficient enough. I wouldn't return based on the surrounding area. There wasn't fresh linen on the pillow, only the bed.

Convenient location to the train/bus station. Staff and volunteers were incredibly helpful. Very social atmosphere with all the backpackers and staff.

• 30th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Friendly staff, as usual. I'll be back soon.

The staff is so friendly, they even have a pet! GG I love you!

Very nice hostel, in a beautiful and colorful city. Staff very friendly. Stay here and you will get the right informations to sightseeing the city with no worries.

• 19th Jun 2015
  • Slovenia

The location its close to the station but you think that in one moment some people will steal you a lot of people in the street its weird so if you arrive in the night be very careful