Hostel Mancini Reviews

Via P S Mancini 33, Naples, Italy

If you want to visit Naples, this is the place to stay, close to the train station so easy to arrange day trips to Pompeii, Sorrento, etc. Staff were really helpful, giving you a map of the city when you arrive and suggested places to go. Sangria night was also a bonus! Only downside was limited hot water, we stayed in a 7 bed dorm and only the first 2 in the shower were guaranteed to be warm, other than that it's a good place to stay :)

Thanks so much for your stay at Hostel Mancini and for the nice words on youyr review. Only about shower "some" people should know that is not possible to use the shower and hot water to do their laundry....this is the reason why then others don't find the hot water, but this happens when you share a room with some unrespectful people!! Shower and hot water is for all and NOT for laundry!!

The staff is fantastic at this Hostel! I also loved the fact that it has a kitchen and was close to the train station. In Naples, the area around the train station is very dirty and a little sketchy. The beds at this hostel were not the most comfortable, very springy and at night the city does street cleaning which is very loud directly outside. I really liked the atmosphere because it is so easy to meet people in this hostel.

• 12th Aug 2014

very close to the train station. kept clean, standard backpacker breakfast - cereal, toast, coffee, tea etc. the staff were friendly and helpful. yes at night the street is a bit dark and dirty, but i never felt unsafe even walking alone at night time. was good for meeting people too. would chose to stay here again. definitely go to the pizza restaurant that they recommend. it is the best pizza i have ever eaten!!!

I was very happy with my visit to Hostel Mancini. It was easy to find and has a great location near the train station in Naples. The staff not only checked me in, but gave some helpful advice about what to do in Naples, where to eat pizza, how to get to Pompeii, etc. I would recommend for solo travelers in particular. Everyone in the dorm was on their own and very friendly. It was a nice place to come back to at the end of the day.

Specifically - The staff are excellent. Maya, Magdalena work so hard at keeping the hostel in perfect condition - and do such an amazing job at it. One night they both bought me an ice cream - just to be nice. Such great people. Joe the receptionist is a great guy as well - he'll pretty much do anything for you. Order you food - set up tours - boat trips you name it. The drivers - Dave, Arian, and (I Can't remember his name) are all excellent at their jobs as well - very friendly and helpful.

• 11th Aug 2014

Stayed for a week, the staff were very helpful and always available to help . It was spotless clean and breakfast was good. It is a great place to stay and brilliant value for money. Staff do their best with advice on places to see and even gave the four of us a lift to the beautiful shopping area, very kind of him.

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Generally very nice and helpful staff.

I liked it! good location, nice breakfast, very nice people on the front desk who gave me tips and advises to stay safely in Napoli.. very good internet sign at the common areas and rooms. I recommend it for sure!

WiFi network is weak.

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • Japan

I had a brilliant time here, the atmosphere was fantastic and it's really close to the train station which I loved and only a 5 minute walk away from L'Antica Pizzeria Da Michele which is famous for its pizza. It is in a bad part of town so I wouldn't recommend walking by yourself at night however the same could be said for the whole of Naples and its perfectly safe with a group of people and during the day. If I ever come back to Naples I will stay here again =)

The owner is really helpful and will help you organise your stay in Naples. The guy working the night shift was so useless it blew my mind. The area around the hostel is by no means safe at night, do not wear jewelry or watches or carry multiple bags. This being said, this hostel is still a decent option in Naples, if Naples is where you want to go. The location makes it very easy to do day trips to Pompei, Sorrento and Capri.

Great hostel. Friendly staff who suggested itineraries for Pompeii and Vesuvius, and accommodated our early morning departure. Our private double room had bunks instead of a single bed, but there was a sink to wash up, which was nice.

Great location in terms of being close to the train station and the harbour, just can be kinda of sketchy at night if you are a female travelling alone. Staff was super helpful in planning day trips and were extremely knowledgable. I only stayed there one night but kept coming back to visit my friends staying there and I was never turned away. One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in! Maybe one of the only things that was not so good was that WIFI was limited in the back rooms

Yes loved the friendly staff with helpful travel tips. But it is in a noisy and dirty street as there was lots of rubbish about.

Good hostel and nice people in shared room. Alfredo was very helpful and informative. Close to station to catch train, metro and bus. Only downside is WiFi not working properly and the toilet in the ensuite bathroom for the dorm I stayed in. I would stay at this place again if I ever will be back in the area. Ciao and gracie for the three nights!

Excellent atmosphere and great staff. The kitchen is fully equipped and the areas are spacious and clean. The neighborhood is not that nice but if that bothers you, don't go to Naples. Had a great stay!

Excellent hostel in a central location. All my questions were answered by the helpful staff. I truly felt at home.

• 9th Jul 2014

Comfortable room and good filling breakfast. Close to the main train station. Located in a rough area which got a bit noisy at night but security at the hostel was very good.

I always enjoyed coming back because people could talk in a large common area

• 8th Jul 2014