Hostel Mancini Reviews

Via P S Mancini 33, Naples, Italy

The place is close to the central station, which also has the metro and trains to pompeii, so it is convenient. Historic center is also walkable, though not too near. The neighborhood is not the safest, but it is still ok to go out at night. The hostel is well decorated, there is good breakfast, free city maps and directions, facilities are clean and sufficient.

I reserved there the day before coming. They couldnt see my reservation but make sure that they would find it. It was my first hostel experience and i was getting scared that it wasnt good. They offered me the breakfast, even if i didnt sleep there that night, just to make sure i was ok. I really appreciated that and when the manager arrived, they found everything and it was great. I didnt like the area, which was creapy, but still close to the center. Everything was super clean

The staff there are literally amazing. They will assist you with any and everything. I felt comfortable with all of them regardless of the way the location will make you feel upon arrival. Generally speaking, that's just how all of Naples is. Don't fret, you'll enjoy it!

• 20th Nov 2015

Great hostel just in the wrong place. Close to the main train station but very trashy area with sketchy people. To get in you had be be buzzed in by the staff but there's no video camera so I don't think they ever know who they're letting in. The door to the rooms isn't locked. It's unlikely but still easily possible that someone could sneak it. There are lockers in the room which is great. The staff was very friendly and helpful! Decent breakfast. Easy atmosphere. Big bathroom.

Thanks so much foryour review. We think that just couple of things are wrong about this review: 1) we do provide a room key for all rooms. 2 ) the Hostel has double gate to get in and security is HIGH also because we allow ONLY travellers in the Hostel and all is controlled with camera, PLUS we have a Staff member at reception 24 hours. We just would like that some guests write reviews when they really know what to write about....!!

The staff was really friendly. They were generous with the information about the city and means of transport, plus they recommended the best pizzeria we went to in Italy.

This hostel was a diamond in the rough. Although the hostel is conveniently located for transport purposes it is not located In the friendliest or most pleasant neighbourhood. The staff were excellent and very accommodating when we changed from a dorm room to a private room, the breakfast had enough variety to satisfy everybody's needs and the kitchen has all the facilities you could need to cook for yourself. The private room was huge and definitely worth the upgrade, bathrooms very clean.

Out of the hostels I have stayed in so far, this was the best as far as cleanliness of the room and super friendly staff. It's super easy to get to from the train station. Would definely recommend this hostel to anyone. I felt very safe in the hostel.

• 7th Nov 2015

Location was good and the stuff was really helpful but beds were terrible and the cleanness is less than avarage.

I loved Hostel Mancini! Helpful staff who offered a free map with recommendations on the best pizza, places to visit Naples and day trips like Pompeii! Spacious toilet and ample powerpoints! Comes with free breakfast too! Look out for the "Hostel Mancini Piano 2" sign when you are on the main street as it it easy to miss it!

Excellent hostel. It is directly across the Garibaldi piazza but you have to walk around the square because there is alot of "permanent" looking construction

Very central location for moving around Naples. Very clean and well organized. Breakfast can improve a bit. It will not cost much some fruits, cheese or ham

The staff was really helpful with suggestions of where to visit and how to get there. They have a sweet turtle as a hostel pet, which was nice except it REALLY needs to be given a proper tank for it's size, with proper filtering, lighting/basking area, etc. The turtle's living arrangement was very depressing. The hostel's ad claims no lockout, but I found out after checkin that everyone must be out of the rooms between 10:30am-2pm and the kitchen is off limits until after 2pm daily. FYI

close to the train station but in a sketchy area and hard to find. reception was very helpful lots of info on things to do in and around the city. only one key for each room so last person to leave for the day gives key to reception and first person back grabs key from reception, I thought this was really weird..

We loved the shower! Truly, it was one of the best bathrooms we've encountered in a hostel. However, the staff was not helpful or welcoming, and the kitchen did not have a working oven. We did not feel very safe in the area. But we were pleased by the close distance to the train station.

Dodgy looking street but less than 5 minutes walk from Naples central station. Right round the corner from the L' Antica Pizzeria da Michele. Really, really helpful and friendly staff. The breakfast was fine, facilities very clean and atmosphere quiet and laid back. Good experience over all.

It is in a not so nice part of town, but perfect for being close to the train and bus station

The main guy during the day was very nice and helpful at the desk! It was very close to Garibaldi train station and Statzione Centrale and the famous pizza place however he neighbourhood was very very dirty and a little unsettling when walking around at night. If I had been alone I would have been nervous to be out at night time.

Safe, Clean, Great staff, perfect for easy walk to termini, bus, historic center, and alibus to airport. Staff was SUPERB! Lots of reccomendations for things to do locally thanks to staff. market right next door. Great breakfast, great lockers, etc. Napoli may not have the best reputation but it's Napoli and, if you are going to stay anywhere I recommend this place. value for $ is great. I would happily stay again. Thank you to everyone there and thanks for the neverending pit of Nutella;)

The area Mancini is located in by the train station might be sketchy, but the hostel itself is a warm, welcoming space. The man who runs the place, despite being clearly overworked, took the time to point out the best pizzerias around (god bless). Bonus points for free sangria nights, the random pet turtle in the common room and ALL of the nutella for breakfast

Great hostel! Been travelling for a few months, Hostel Mancini was definitely my favourite 😊 Staff were extremely helpful and lovely, bedrooms and facilities were quite big and always clean. Hostel had great advertisement for activities to do in Naples, which really helped make our trip. Would definitely stay there again!

• 16th Oct 2015