Hostel Mancini Reviews

Via P S Mancini 33, Naples, Italy

Hostel Mancini is great! Comfortable beds, social common room, and some of the dorms have attached bathrooms. What really makes it though, is the hospitable atmosphere provided mostly by Kalee (sorry I'm not sure if that's how she spells it). She's super helpful and friendly and is very active in making you feel comfortable in Napoli. \ You need your own soap for the bathroom, heads up.

Night guy takes some getting used to but they do their best to make your stay in Naples awesome. They even set up a party in the city with people from the hostel. One of the best Hostels in Italy, bar none.

• 14th Jun 2014

Great hostel. Area is a bit dodgy but close to everything. Stefano and Kaelee are just fantastic, so friendly and helpful. The small hostel is a really great environment for meeting people. The rooms are comfortable. Breakfast is included. Perfect with the kitchen, dining and lounge areas. Would definitely come back.

It was a nice hostel, we stayed for 3 days and Napoli was a good choice because we went to cities near there, as positano and capri. But Napoli isnt a good place to do sightseeing, it doesnt look as nice as the other cities around but it is the cheapest to stay. The worst problem about the hostel is that we couldnt pay by credit card.

The owners are very sweet and helpful

Really close to the train station but in a quite sketchy part of town. The breakfast was amazing tho. I would definitely go back.

The location is next to the main station which is great, however it can also be quite sketchy. The manager was great for giving advice on where to go.

the location made it better as well as the room balcony

The manager and his wife were really helpful Gave us lots of advice and arranged booking for oour next destination. It was great to have the use of a computer there also. All the best, Rachel Dockery

• 17th May 2014
  • Couple, 41+

I've booked this hostel for about 2 months in advance and ont the day I arrived Hostel Mancini, I was informed that it was full. I was transferred to another hostel far away. Should this be acceptable? Without kindness of Mr.Stefano and friendliness of Mr.Partrick, their stafft, I would never forgive this hostel.

Area was a bit sketchy at night time, but was great during the day time. Super close to the train station - so really convenient to get to Pompeii and Sorrento (Positano and Amalfi area). Staff was fun and knowledgeable :D

Directions provided by hostel owners are really good and accurate. It's very easy to find it, even thought the sign with hostel name is small. The Mancini street isn't a nice place. During the day there's a kind of market there. Hostel itself is really safe. To get in you need to ring each time. Hostel owners and staff are very nice. We could easily get even more information that we've asked and some great tips where to go and what to see. Rooms are comfortable with enough space.

I definitely had an excellent experience here. The staff works hard to make your stay as pleasant as possible therefore the atmosphere is friendly, familiar and comfortable. The facilities are good: nice equipped little kitchen, laundry service, good wi fi connection everywhere and the chance to use one of their free of charge pc's. It's centrally located and a good point to explore the (huge) city of naples and its beautiful sorroundings. I would come back immediately!

The staff here are amazing!

It's in the middle of a really grimy part of town, but it's very close to the train station and the staff here is absolutely awesome. The bathrooms could benefit from some attention and they could use a bigger sign out front, but other than that, I definitely recommend Hostel Mancini. They have a weird room key policy but it was no problem during my 3-night stay. The actual address is Via Pasquale Stanislao Mancini, 33, Napoli. HostelWorld just lists "PS Mancini" which throws off navigation.

Oh well....if grimy menas a big daily street market....?!?

The staff was very helpful. There was a well stocked kitchen for preparing meals. Free breakfast was provided each morning. The hostel also provided a free pasta dinner on the Saturday night.

Being a solo traveler, I was concerned with safety when I first arrived. The first staff man offered me peace of mind that I would be safe. He was very helpful and told me all the sights to see since my trip was very short. He drew out a walking path on the map and explained the public transport. When I asked if it would be safe to walk to the train station he bolstered "Of course! Why not?!". Later, the next worker said "be very careful when you leave in the morning!" Overall I liked it.

I went back a second time. Perfect location opposite the train station. The streets are full of rubbish, it "looks" a rough area outside. But it's fine. Women and children walk by!! It's safe during the day! Just use common sense, the usual traveller safety advice. Breakfast good. I had to change rooms a few times, which gave me extra work packing and unpacking. I preferred room 3. Rooms have balconies facing the square. Alfredo(?) was fantastic help, and cheerful. The other guy so-so.

The neighborhood was majorly sketchy and filled with vendors during the day. I wouldn't recommend coming back too late after dark.

Good hostel, only there for one night, wasn't very busy, but was close to the train station and the staff were very knowledgeable about places to go/eat and transportation