Hostel Mancini Reviews

Via P S Mancini 33, Naples, Italy

Despite the chaos caused by the immigrant (i guess), the location is nice. It has a walking distance from the napoli centrale and the old town. Also, just a few minutes of walking, you can easily find the best pizza in napoli. The room is tidy, with cabinet for the luggage and individual bathroom. After one day of tiring touring, one bottle of wine with friends in the dinning room is the best memory of mine in Napoli for sure.

• 9th Aug 2015
  • China

Everything was good here, the rooms weren't to bad, bathrooms were good, staff was awesome, they have a helper their that is great. He plans trips and outings and really made the stay worth it. I would book there again for sure, it's also super close to the train station.

great hostel however it is notnun a very safe area. good WiFi and breakfast included

Definitely the best hostel in Italy!! I have traveled around Italy, also in big hostels, but the first thing that I've noticed is that the staff at Hostel Mancini is very friendly. It's a small hostel, but for that reason you feel like being in a big family because they really care about their guests. You can easily find new friends there and there was also a guy that took everybody out for a free night tour. The rooms were super clean and the breakfast was delicious. I definitely recommend!!!

• 9th Aug 2015

Considering where this hostel is, it is very good. However, I would not recommend you to go to Naples, all the bad reviews about it are true! If you are looking to visit Pompeii, I would advise you to go to Sorrento and then visit Pompeii from there- you're trip would be ten times more enjoyable!

Hostel mancini is a very nice place to stay. It's near the station so you can reach everything in a short time. The area is a little poor. The staff is very nice, they are very helpful , they provide a lot of events, so you can have a lot of fun their. The kitchen is a nice place to stay and you can cook your on meals their, so you can save a lot of money

Great hostel with excellent free breakfast. The only place in Naples where we really felt safe. The only problem was a really noisy, confusing street, but it's the peculiarity of the city.

Lovely People but not a good neighbourhood to go out alone dring the night.

Very neat and tidy hostel which provides spacious rooms and a grea breakfast to start the day. The hostel is located less than 5 minutes from the train station. The area is a little rundown and dirty, not dangero.us Also the street is extremely loud at night even for a main road and with no air conditioning in the room it is hard to get to sleep. The staff at the hostel are the best thing about it, multilingual and knowledgeable about the area, they have visits to local areas

I was annoyed that in the middle of summer I was told that I couldn't refrigerate my drinks. in +35 degrees celcius weather it was kind of a necessity to have cold water handy. One of the hostel staff did not speak English well, and instead of trying to made himself understood with gestures, started to yell at me instead. He also complained about me to my friend who was staying there. Even reasonable questions or requests made respectfully were responded to with annoyance and a raised voice.

Other then the location & no air conditioner in the rooms of the hostel, I enjoyed my time here. Very friendly & helpful staff, always offering to help. Internet is free but doesn't work all the time, however I wasn't there to surf the Internet Only issue is the location. Very dirty streets & a little dangours at night time..

Staff and atmosphere are excellent. It is very nice to people watch while sitting on the balcony overlooking the busy street below. It is not always safe though, people tried to pickpocket me. Also, it is almost impossible to sleep because there is no a/c, not even a fan, people using phones which light up the entire room because the common area closes at midnight. The street is loud as well.

This hostel was not enjoyable. Was forced to leave the property Pretty much while they had to clean which is around 10-2ish. Thought that was a little weird. And a guy got shot multiple times down the street. Wasn't too comforting. Hostel overall wasn't that bad for the money though I guess. Only positive thing was its not too far from bus and train station and next to the first pizzeria ever which was hands down the best pizza I've ever had.

Pretty basic hostel in a great location as it just 10mins walking away from Napoli Centrale train station. But somehow hospitality isnt their strength.

The staff were great, Lucci took me to a really nice swimming hole in Sorrento and all the staff went above and beyond to help receive my lost baggage from my previous flight. The hostel is clean and easy walking distance to the city sights. I would stay here again.

This hostel is great, had lots of fun. It is 3min far from the central train station, what allow us to go any of the main attractions easily. Staff really friendly, we had also great night tour provided by the hostel :) Esse hotel é ótimo, me diverti demais. Ele fica a 3 minutos da estação de trem central de Nápoles, o que me permitiu ir facilmente para qualquer uma das principais atracões da região. A equipe do hostel é muito legal também. Super recomendo.

I absolutely loved my days at this hostel. Walking in, the atmosphere is bright and the people, staff and travelers, were wonderful. My favorite parts about staying here were the social hour the owners sponsored the first night I arrived, where all the guests gathered with sangria and snacks to get to know each other, and second, the trip to the islands the next day lead by a volunteer with the hostel. All we did was pay our usual ferry tickets. I could have stayed for the whole week!!

The staff here are what makes the stay worth it. They really want to make you feel comfortable and offered us iced tea as soon as we arrived. They are more than accommodating to anything we need and showed us where to go and what to see. It is also about a 5 minute walk to the restaurant where pizza was invented. The location isn't the best but as two young females we never felt scared of threatened. It's right next to the train station so it's perfect for a quick stop in Naples!

The downside of this hotel is that it's in a rough location. During the heatwave the lack of ac and fans was quite miserable! With the windows open it was loud in the alley at night. Needs a fan!!! The good parts are that its close to the rail station (5-10 min walk), the staff are very nice and accommodating, and Luciano took us on an awesome day trip to sorrento! It was a gorgeous secret natural pool with cliff jumps. Fantastic day! Free breakfast is a nice addition. Shared br isn't too bad.

This hostel is close to the train station which is great. When you first get to the area it seems sketchy but it's honestly not bad after staying there 3 nights. The staff were AMAZING. Luciano is a great guy that will help you! Great hostel atmosphere, not a super party atmosphere but easy to meet people and they have some events. Breakfast was great. The only con I have is that there is no air conditioning or fan. The air in Naples is hot and still. I was sweating at night. Otherwise love it!!