Hostel Mango Reviews

Misenska 68/8, Prague, Czech Republic

Anybody can come into the hostel, there's no magnetic card and nobody checks at the counter. They don't check who access the luggage room either. The commune room is in the center of the hostel, so as soon as someone talks in there, you hear them from your room. We only had 1 small mirror in our 8 bed dorm, and there's only 2 other bathrooms for the whole hostel. Excellent location though.

Stayed in 10 bed mixed dorm. The location can't be beat. Seconds from Charles Bridge, very close to the metro and castle. Room and bathroom were both clean and the hostel has great facilities including a nice outside terrace, laundry, beautiful stonewalled kitchen (w. free groceries like pasta, beans and rice) and a wine bar connected to the hostel. The lockers in the dorm were not very secure and most of them were broken. Definitely store any valuables in the limited lockers in the lobby.

Not so good hostel. The best thing is the location. The staff is very bad. One of our friends payed 10 euro for flower . His bag was near the flower and unfortunately broke the flower,so he need to pay 10 euro.My friend wanted to bye new flower even more beautiful than their, but they wanted the money. Also we payed 25 euro for 15 hours parking.They give us a parking card with validate date for 3 months. So they also make business from this.

Electronic keys, 24/7 reception, and super friendly staff were all good things. The free pasta/cereal and even a bbq one night was exceptional, this place was definitely worth the money. The only fault with it was that the atmosphere was a bit lacking, although not awful and there were certainly people to meet. That being said I was travelling in early October so that is understandable.

• 4th Oct 2015

The reception guys are so amazing. Close to all attractions and close to metro.

staff at reception is very friendly and helpful! great location seconds away from Charles bridge. has a kitchen and laundry facilities. every bed has 2 outlets to charge electronics. only downside was a lot of the lockers were broken. would stay again and recommend hostel mango!

Hostel Mango is a great place for budget travelers. Its cheap, it has great facilities, GREAT location, great security with large lockers in the room and mini safes in the reception. The staff was welcoming, kind and very service minded. They made us pancakes in the evening which really was a nice surprise! All in all I would I had great stay with them and wished I could stay longer.

Fantastic location -- right off Charles bridge so very easy to get anywhere in Prague. However, not very social and staff weren't very invested. I wasn't even shown to my room. Overall great location but don't come here if you're looking to meet other travelers.

Awesome hostel! Everyone that worked there was super nice and helpful, the location was right around the corner from the Charles bridge and close to everything. The common areas were really cool and great for meeting people. We would definitely recommend and go back!

• 20th Sep 2015

Thank you for the hostel mango, 24 hour reception. Because i arrived late that night at 1 am and no booking at all. I really happy that the reception is 24 hours. What is more, the location is very good, near the bridge, could access to the main attractions in working distance. The night view is beautiful.

Excellent option for the price. Located near the Charles bridge which has nearby restaurants and vendors. Nice atmosphere with clean facilities. Beds not so comfortable but that's not huge deal. Would definitely recommend.

All over a nice hostel. BUT it smells like you have a serious mold problem in the lounge (located in th basementbasement where the kitchen is also located). And something that is easily improved is to make the doors to the rooms more SILENT! They are smacking all night long when people comecome back from partying and you can basically hearhear all the doors if you have a window open. Also,something not so easy is also too make the floors less speaking!

Do not hesitate to stay at this hostel. It is really good about everything. I really loved Hostel Mango.

Stayed here for 4 nights and was impressed by the affordability of this place which was right smack outside Charles Bridge. However security left much to be desired as there were no lockers in the room and had a bad experience where my money was stolen from my bag which was locked with a pad lock. Rooms were pretty decent and the staff were really friendly and helpful.

Had a horrendous start to our stay at Hostel Mango. As a young couple we ended up being put in a 4 bedroom dorm with two extremely aggressive 50 year old males, which made for a very uncomfortable stay. We ended up leaving after about an hour and staying elsewhere as we couldn't switch rooms. We returned after two nights and were offered a different room. On a positive note, the staff were helpful and the hostel is in a superb location. I wouldn't recommend this hostel to young female travellers

A bit of noise from the street but with the great location, that can't be helped. Very good service. Very cool basement. Two improvements I can think of, one easy and one harder: 1) wi-fi in the basement 2) lockable wardrobes in addition to the lockable boxes under the bed

• 15th Sep 2015
  • Finland

Better than your wildest dreams. Picture a tiny palace decorated with tasteful impressionistic art and fruit. Add vaulted ceilings and a general aura of medieval badassery. Top it off with the best location on the entire globe and that is hostel mango. Also, I met my future husband(s) there, so that was good

Large dorm rooms have huge wood beams all over the place making it an obstacle course to get to your bed. One bathroom shared by entire floor was disgusting and only cleaned once during the three days I was there. I'm sure this changes with different guests but cleanliness was not a quality during my few days. Dust balls and hair rolling around the room, thick layer of dust under the beds and on shelves. Most lockers were broken although they were quite large. Just meh, many better hostels.

The place is old and dirty. It wasn't he same at pics.

• 11th Sep 2015

Great location right near Charles Bridge. Supermarket very close. Good value for money. Kitchen equipment and fridge space slightly lacking for the number of guests at the hostel, but was manageable. Can be noisy at night but double glazed doors and windows block it out well. Great atmosphere in a beautiful little area of Prague. Would recommend.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7