Hostel Mango Reviews

Misenska 68/8, Prague, Czech Republic

The location is definitely the selling point. It is sixty meters from Charles Bridge, and about a five minute walk from the Prague Castle. The staff are nice, but I didn't converse with them much so I can't give a super accurate rating for that section.

• 23rd Jun 2014

Loved the hostel. Great location with an open area between all the rooms to hang out in. Also an awesome basement cellar with tons of couches and a kitchen to cook and chill out in. Great place to meet people. The beds were comfy and the bathrooms were surprisingly huge in each room. I highly recommend staying here!

The only reason I would recommend this hostel is due the fact it's the best location. It's unbeatable! The problem with this hostel was: they simply gave my bed to another person! I got in my room at 0:00 and there was another person sleeping in my bed with the same number card of mine. It's ridiculuous since they choose my bed without asking me and if I want to change, I need to pay them. They didn't solve my problem and in the end, I slept with my girlfriend!

Great location maximum 20 min walk from everything. Good atmosphere cause their is a great common area. Everything is clean except the kitchen it was always dirty. Staff are nice except one man who is rude.

Some jackass vomited in the sink. Shower situation is #meh. Need to unclog drains

The location of this place is unbeatable... there are places to visit to your left and on your right. Only issue was that there wasn't any coffee filter... and I need my coffee haha

lockers dont lock, in the kitchen/dungeon there is a lady constantly demanding you wash up, even if your egg is mid poaching. Wifi is sporadic and atmosphere is average. prepare yourself for early morning drilling too. great on a hangover...

So we're pretty sure there is an Asian family living in the hostel and lived in our room. We had a room with what seemed to be three generations of one family and there were like 10 of them. And the oldest woman was kinda creepy and didnt speak any english so that was strange. They also made us change rooms half way through our reservation but didnt tell us till the day of so that sucked. We missed half a day of seeing sights due to it. Good location and clean though. Seriously weird though

Staff could not have been more friendly!! Also extremely helpful in giving info regarding city sites to see! Location was perfect (1 minute to Charles Bridge), room was spacious and clean!

I was pleasantly surprised of this hostel. I liked my room (for 2 persons), it had a specious room and toilet. There was no breakfast available during my stay.

I had booked for a 8-bed dorm but they put me in a 2-bed dorm room which was very congested and stinky. When I requested to be put in a better room, (since I had wrongly been put in this room) they said they were fully booked! The rooms in general were not clean and there were very few bathrooms compared to the number of people staying there. In my case, I had to use the shower from some other room since my room did not have shower! Walking from metro at nights is very scary.

Good for one night, in a central location, pretty dirty kitchen and bathroom though, but youre not paying all that much so maybe that should be taken into consideration.

Overall a good place to stay. The free breakfast is great, but nothing special

The best hostel I 've ever been to

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was a bit chaotic though, noone explained to us that we needed to order our breakfast which was a bit confusing. The room was also very hot, and leaving the window open left us open to security risks as it opened onto a central upstairs mezzanine.

Was a bit hard sleeping on the bottom bunk whilst the cleaner was changing the sheets on the bed above me at 750am. Was not an isolated incident, just at 9am other morning. Bed were comfortable. Noisy hostel with the courtyard in the center Staff didn't ask them to be quiet.Good common room. Friendly staff. Nice big shower. Breakfast served was ok. Would stay again if it wasn't noisy. Washing clothes may not work out cheaply if you need to use dryer for a longer time

Myself and a friend both South Africa enjoyed a fantastic stay at the hostel mango. The beds were up there with the most comfortable I have slept in at any hostel. It was also great to be abe to bring and enjoy our own alcohol into the hostel. If I had to be highly critical there was a heat wave at the time and the rooms got extremely hot especially in the evenings. The additions of fans would be a good further value add. However we enjoyed an amazing time and would definitely return.

It will be better if you can offer better internet connection. I was failed to connect to the internet several times eventhough I was at the lobby at those times.

• 10th Jun 2014
  • Malaysia
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Pros: location (opposite from the old town though) Cons: - NO wifi in the room - No fans or air con in the rooms - Unfriendly/unhelpful staff (the lady in the kitchen that served breakfast didn't speak any English and was very rude) - The bathroom situation: There was one bathroom in each room, but the toilet/shower weren't really separated, so we all had to wait for each person to be done. Not the most efficient system if you want to get ready quickly and go explore.

Fantastic location right at the end of the Charles Bridge, very comfortable rooms, nice bed and locker setup, friendly and helpful staff!