Hostel Mango Reviews

Misenska 68/8, Prague, Czech Republic

The location of this place is unbeatable... there are places to visit to your left and on your right. Only issue was that there wasn't any coffee filter... and I need my coffee haha

lockers dont lock, in the kitchen/dungeon there is a lady constantly demanding you wash up, even if your egg is mid poaching. Wifi is sporadic and atmosphere is average. prepare yourself for early morning drilling too. great on a hangover...

So we're pretty sure there is an Asian family living in the hostel and lived in our room. We had a room with what seemed to be three generations of one family and there were like 10 of them. And the oldest woman was kinda creepy and didnt speak any english so that was strange. They also made us change rooms half way through our reservation but didnt tell us till the day of so that sucked. We missed half a day of seeing sights due to it. Good location and clean though. Seriously weird though

Staff could not have been more friendly!! Also extremely helpful in giving info regarding city sites to see! Location was perfect (1 minute to Charles Bridge), room was spacious and clean!

I was pleasantly surprised of this hostel. I liked my room (for 2 persons), it had a specious room and toilet. There was no breakfast available during my stay.

Good for one night, in a central location, pretty dirty kitchen and bathroom though, but youre not paying all that much so maybe that should be taken into consideration.

Overall a good place to stay. The free breakfast is great, but nothing special

The best hostel I 've ever been to

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was a bit chaotic though, noone explained to us that we needed to order our breakfast which was a bit confusing. The room was also very hot, and leaving the window open left us open to security risks as it opened onto a central upstairs mezzanine.

Was a bit hard sleeping on the bottom bunk whilst the cleaner was changing the sheets on the bed above me at 750am. Was not an isolated incident, just at 9am other morning. Bed were comfortable. Noisy hostel with the courtyard in the center Staff didn't ask them to be quiet.Good common room. Friendly staff. Nice big shower. Breakfast served was ok. Would stay again if it wasn't noisy. Washing clothes may not work out cheaply if you need to use dryer for a longer time

Myself and a friend both South Africa enjoyed a fantastic stay at the hostel mango. The beds were up there with the most comfortable I have slept in at any hostel. It was also great to be abe to bring and enjoy our own alcohol into the hostel. If I had to be highly critical there was a heat wave at the time and the rooms got extremely hot especially in the evenings. The additions of fans would be a good further value add. However we enjoyed an amazing time and would definitely return.

It will be better if you can offer better internet connection. I was failed to connect to the internet several times eventhough I was at the lobby at those times.

• 10th Jun 2014
  • Malaysia
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Pros: location (opposite from the old town though) Cons: - NO wifi in the room - No fans or air con in the rooms - Unfriendly/unhelpful staff (the lady in the kitchen that served breakfast didn't speak any English and was very rude) - The bathroom situation: There was one bathroom in each room, but the toilet/shower weren't really separated, so we all had to wait for each person to be done. Not the most efficient system if you want to get ready quickly and go explore.

Fantastic location right at the end of the Charles Bridge, very comfortable rooms, nice bed and locker setup, friendly and helpful staff!

Great place with a good social atmosphere... Facilities all very good.. Limited number of personal lockers at reception and my bag storage in the room was broken.. Location is the big draw though and walking distance to everywhere..

The staff were quite slow, but very friendly and helpful.

The staff were quite friendly and cheery, though impossibly slow. Don't ask for anything if you're in a hurry. Otherwise, the location is perfect, right besides Charles bridge, and breakfast is included. (Though not served on a Monday/Tuesday).

I had a good stay at Hostel Mango. The only glitch is the fact that I was on the third floor and my room did not have air conditioning. This meant that my room was always humid and warm and I struggled to sleep at night. Otherwise, it was a good place to stay.

Needs air conditioning in the rooms! It got sweltering hot. Also the under bed lockers didn't seem to actually lock with a normal lock. The location is unbeatable though and the lounge and terrace were great hang out spots to meet people.

Great hostel, right at the end of Charles Bridge, a perfect location for all areas of the city. I stayed in an ensuite dorm room which was big with a large bathroom too. The courtyard, lounge and kitchen area are great for relaxing in. I stayed at the end of the heatwave that was going on, so the room was unbearably hot, but not a lot we could do about that! There are individual lockers in the room and safety deposit boxes at reception, which is great.