Hostel Mansard Reviews

Obchodna 52, Bratislava, Slovakia

Staff was very friendly and informative- never hesitated to offer a suggestion. Lacks a bit of character, but very clean. Great location near old town. Showers were not perfect for a shy person and were operated by motion sensor. Ventilation in the shower room was poor as well. Overall a decent stay, would probably stay here again.

Wonderful location, Slovak pub is right next to it and the bar in the basement offers cheap bear.

Really clean hostel at an excellent location. The staff is helpfull. The atmosphere is what I can call a smartphone-atmosphere (everyone looking to his smartphone..) but ofcourse this can be different on other times.

the staffs are extreamly helpful and friendly. i got some troubles with my phone and laptop and they solved it for me, i'm so happy and thank you to the kindness of them.

• 20th Oct 2014
  • Malaysia

Pretty good overall. Bathroom layout was weird - privacy not great. WiFi in our room was non-existent (the room was furtherest from reception). Common room nothing special but tea and coffee complimentary. Staff were pretty helpful. Location great (although Bratislava is very small). Slovak Pub (great for Slovak food) very close by.

Clean rooms and good location. Terrible showers - I mean seriously terrible. No privacy, no temperature control, and they turn on automatically. Super annoying. Otherwise my stay here was good!

Helpful and friendly staff, great location for being close to the old part of town. The room was very nice and had lockers, I always felt safe. Close to large grocery store, good restaurants and nightlife. Cozy common room with a kitchenette and TV. Wifi was also available in my room which was a plus. I would stay here again!

Everything about this hostel is perfect for abackpacker. I must also mention that the staff are fantastic!

very clean place, perfect location, beautiful terrace, comfortable rooms and very friendly staff

• 21st Aug 2014
  • Serbia

The kitchen didn't work well for us so we couldn't cook but otherwise the facilities were good. The rooms are very bland but the communal areas are fun and lively. Staff couldn't have been more helpful but the rooms werent lockable but the security provided by the reception made it feel safe.

This was a fantastic hostel. Great bed set-up. (I love sturdy bunk beds!) Great lockers. Good internet. There's not much to do/see in Bratislava compared to other European cities but the staff pointed out everything they could in a helpful/friendly way.

Location is great, rooms are clean, staff is nice. Not much in the way of common area from what I could tell. Showers, at least in the men's bathroom, are a little too reminiscent of a prison shower.

The owner of this hostel was lovely. Very attentive and couldn't do enough for you. The hostel itself was lovely and in a great location. Very enjoyable stay.

Igor has traveled alot and used this experience to create a clean comfortable refuge for travellers. He is a gem. The rooms are clean and fresh and the beds very comfy. It's a 5 minute walk from the old city and the common room is a bit of a non event. Ivor did my washing for me and dried and folded it all. Bliss!

Lovely rooms, very friendly and helpful staff, cosy atmosphere...definitely would recommend others to stay here! Only small drawback is the communal showers that are divided by a hanging curtain, but this is a minor problem in an otherwise great hostel.

Staff here were so helpful and friendly it was great. had a really good time here.

Very good hostel and very friendly staff. It is very well localized and everything was clean. There is one locker for each bed. Despite lockers, the door of the rooms always are unlocked and I dont think this so good.

Really good hostel. The personal was very attend and kind, they take care about the hostel as if it was their home. The rooms are spacious, well furnished, bright and clean. The common rooms are not so big but clean and bright. You'd have everything you need. I highly recommend this hostel.

Really friendly helpful staff. Rooms were nice and clean and had a good atmosphere.

• 22nd Jul 2014

This is a brand new hostel, very nice and clean. The staff is very accomodating and cool. Best bed I slept in on my entire eurotrip. Location was really great and the place was quiet. I can really recommend this place, very good wifi!