Fabulous 208 Total Reviews
Fabulous 208 Total Reviews
Hostel Mansard Located at Obchodna 52, , Bratislava.
Slovakia
Bratislava Bratislava 81106 Obchodna 52
83% 208
48.1481497 17.1118605
    Rooms available

• England, Female, 18-24
15th Aug 2016

Great location 5 minutes walk from the old town. Spacious and clean rooms with comfortable beds. Secure front door and lockers in rooms. Really helpful staff. Strange shower situation: the women's showers have 2 shower heads but only one curtain so only one person can shower at a time! Also lots of mosquitoes in the room, we ended up with dozens of bites!

• England, Female, 18-24
11th Aug 2016

Great location, minutes from the Old Town (bars/clubs/restaurants) and kept really clean. It was generally quiet & not much opportunity to meet people outside your room

• Brazil, Female, 25-30
8th Aug 2016
5.7

Had booked a 6 beds female room but as soon as I arrived they said there was an overbooking and put me in a different room for a cheaper price. Then I was told the previous guests had left with the key of my locker, so I didn't have a locker either, which made me very uncomfortable and annoyed. So basically in the first 10 mins of stay I was in a different room from what I had booked and with no locker. Location was not exactly the closest to the old town, but it was ok. Wouldn't go back there.

4th Aug 2016
7.4

The room was decent, but the lockers are not large enough to fit a backpack. The room was very hot and although they do have fans, the heat was tough one night. Overall my stay, in a six-person mixed room, was fine the women's shower facilities are an odd setup and some individuals lock the main door for private showering creating a backup. The location is great and I would recommend this hostel.

4th Aug 2016
5.7

+Great location, just a few minutes away from the historical part of the city. +Reasonable price. +Fairly clean (although there were some nail clippings in one of the drawers). -In summer nights impossible to sleep. No air conditioning and very noisy from the street. -Slow answer to e-mails and at times unreasonable staff. I was not allowed to enter the hostel until 2PM, the check-in time (although I arrived in the city at 5AM). -Not too secure to leave your stuff.

• England, Mixed Group, 18-24
31st Jul 2016

We loved our stay here, perfect location, lovely staff (and lovely dog!). Very friendly atmosphere, good showers, although they were more of a communal wash room, and decent kitchen facilities. Staff very helpful, roof terrace was really cool. Would stay again!

24th Jul 2016

This is a great hostel in a lovely city. Very clean, a great location, and reasonably priced. I also found the staff to be really helpful and sweet. There are a lot of nice common areas with character, tons of outlets, and clean bathrooms. You get your own locker at check in. What a relief to not be in a gross hostel! The rooms were quite hot such that I couldn't sleep well, but that may be unavoidable. It had a relaxed and well-behaved vibe, and is right next to a great Slovakian restaurant.

• Wales, Male, 18-24
21st Jul 2016
2.0

Due to unforeseen transport problems, I was unable to stay at Hostel Mansard. I explained in advance by email that this was the case. The hostel declined to acknowledge my email and charged me the entire cost of my stay, with no warning, incurring foreign currency transaction fees and an overdraft. I emailed again to explain my disappointment and the financial problems they had caused. This email again fell on deaf ears. Mansard seems to be a thoroughly unresponsive, money-grabbing establishment

17th Jul 2016

Staff were very helpful in giving tips on what to do, where to eat etc. Great location, would stay again.

• nomadicnic1701
  • Australia, Female, 25-30
13th Jul 2016
5.4

When the staff could be found every question I asked was responded by "I don't know". The locker didn't work properly and the showers were weird kind of communal washing rooms. The location was perfect but there wasn't really any common room.