Hostel Mansard Reviews

Obchodna 52, Bratislava, Slovakia

This is my favorite hostel so far. This could be just because I am so enamored by Bratislava in general, and the receptionist Igor. The location is very central, everything is walking distance. Good internet connection. Snacks for sale all the time. Cool lighting creates a relaxing atmosphere. Free in-room lockers for your stuff while you go out. I LOVE BRATISLAVA!!! Thank you Hostel Mansard.

It was clean quiet and nice hostel. Good location too. The owner was very kind. I will definitely come back here.

We only stayed here for 1 night on our tour of Europe. One night in Bratislava was sufficient, as it was more like a small town, but we loved it. Everyone was really friendly and made an effort (a nice change compared so some neighbouring places!). The hostel was just what we needed: all facilities, free tea/coffee, laundry, kitchen etc. Staff great. Negatives: Room was too hot and there was no fan - it wasn't the hostel's fault that it was a 38c heatwave tho! Couldn't adjust temp on showers.

First of all, Igor is a real star! His warm greeting and helpful spirit really made us feel welcome right from the beginning. He's really the perfect host. We stayed in a twin room and it was impeccable - very clean and fresh. The location is also great and we loved the terrace where we could have our breakfast every morning. The temperature of the water in the showers can be improved as it was freezing during our stay.

Good hostel with friendly staff. The owner igor is extremely helpful. Showers weren't the best but besides that it was great. Would stay again.

We stayed two nights here and the atmosphere of the hostel was nice but you didn't really have an common area. There was one outside, but when we were there it was raining outside so nobody used it. The host, Igor, was really nice and helpfull and could tell us a lot about the city and where to go. The dorms and beds were very nice and also very clean. But the showers.. they were terrible. You don't have any privacy at all there because they work with (not so big) shower curtains...

very friendly host!

Great Hostel ! Nice place to stay : Igor is really nice and helpful, it gave us helpful advices and he upgraded us from the common dorms to a private room ! We've got also a free drink at arrival, and the fre tea/coffee is cool :) Also great music, nice terrasse. Everything was clean. But it was so hot during our stay and the room under the roof needs really fresh air in summer ! Anyway thanks for the great stay !

Mansard is a great place to be. The staff was absolutely helpful and friendly and Igor is an amazing host (thanks again for the nice talk and all the things about Bratislava you told me, I will definitely visit you if I`ll come back). The Atmosphere was great and the location is also very good. The bathrooms are a bit small, but it was okay athough the hostel was fully booked. I definitely recommend Hostel Mansard!

• 21st Jul 2015

It was very warm in Bratislava and so was our room. Woke up medium rare looking forward to a cold shower but it's sensor-activated and has no way of adjusting temperature. Its schizophrenic nature, however, makes sure you get a try of all possible ones. My girlfriend complained about girl's toilet cleanliness, men's was ok. They charge for towels and keeping bags after checkout. Great hostel, though, negatives are just minor circumstantial nuisances. Staff is kind and location very convenient.

Welcoming staff, very clean, great location and great value for the price, I definitely recommand it

They were locking the balcony after 11 p.m at this is really strange.No way to chill with people in hostel after this hours.

• 30th Jun 2015
  • Turkey

Igor, the owner of the hostel, is so nice and such a sweet person! The first steps I took inside the hostel, I immediately felt very welcomed! Igor was very friendly and gave wonderful tips about the city, where to go, what to do, etc.. Super nice! Hostel itself was quite nice, with interesting atmosphere! Only minus is that the internet was very slow, and at a times didn't work at all! Room was nice, beds are comfortable. I slept very well during my whole stay. Thank you for your kindness.

Friendly staff, good location and a nice terrace for hanging out and having barbecue! I would definitely come back!

Very good hostel, Igor the owner is a very nice person, very clean and alwas helpful. Recommended Recommendedthisb hostel.

• 5th Jun 2015
  • Mexico

One of the best hostels I've ever been in! The staff is incredibly nice and helpful!

Great location. A little hard to find, but I got there in the end. Very friendly and helpful staff; were truly an asset to my stay in Bratislava. Pleasant atmosphere, nice music, free apples and tea (really good tea actually)

The showers were really weird, working based on your movements. So I had to wash my hair even that I did not wanted to, because the water just started to flow when I was finishing taking off my clothes. And there is no separated space between the showers, only very weird curtains. They also charge for keep looking your luggage if you have to stay more time but without reservations. But the host is very nice, the space is good and they have good location.

Good but its not very easy to find! Have lots of stairs

The hostel was in a perfect spot, and our four bed private room was.perfect!! Music playing was nice too