Hostel Manuela Reviews

Radmilovica 14, Split, Croatia

Basically a house being rented out as a place to stay for travellers. Front door often left open by other people staying there, arrived to be told there are no keys for the lockers because other people have checked out and forgotten to hand them back in. Only one toilet between around 12 people so sometimes a little wait for the bathroom. Rooms very small but bearable and air conditioned so not hot. 20 minute walk to Batvice beach and 5 from the main strip. Supermarket at the end of the street

stayed in the apartment across the road from the hostel in a dark corner (flash light recommended if wanting to find the apartment) - more like a cave than an apartment. Hardly any light, the bathroom had an awful smell the entire time, the one bed was in the kitchen which was impossible to sleep in unless you turned off the fridge as it was so noisy - which then proceeded to flood the floor. The beds were extremely uncomfortable and there was NO air conditioning.

• 27th Aug 2013

Locations was good, close to everything. The place is quite small so not much comfort, but the roof terrace is great. I also locked myself out of my room and the host didn't have an extra key, he was no help at all.

Nice place. Has a cool roof terrace but the accommodation is small and separated.

Nice hostel that looks like to a flat more than a traditionnal hostel. Manuela, the owner, is a charmant and helpful person: the stay at her hostel was a good experience.

It was everything ok!! They gave us a 4-bed bedroom instead of the 2-bed bedroom we had ordered. They were nice when attending us and helpful. Would recommend it!

Overall a very good experience. Clean, comfortable, nice location and not too expensive.

• 5th Aug 2013
  • Sweden

Weird hostel. It is a house with beds but down everywhere just to get the money.

When I first arrived I was told that hostel is overbooked and that they have a different apartment for me. That apartment was really a rathole. I thought I could survive one night there, but after 15 minutes I just wanted to leave. And when I complained about that, I got a bed in the hostel. Suddenly it wasn't overbooked anymore. I don't know what was going on. DO NOT accept any different apartments and stick with your reservation. I have to say that the staff was really friendly after all.

I think the hostel was very expensive when you look at the location and the facilities. One bathroom and toilet for a whole hostel is too little especially when it is in the same room. The bathrooms could be cleaned more often as well.

We arrived late in the evening and just needed a bed for the night. This place did the job. Good location for the bus station, ferry port and going to the bars etc. however, very cramped and shower room was beyond basic. It was perfect for what we needed: a 1 night stop over but would t have wanted to spend an extended period of time there.

The hostel isn't really a hostel but rather a private apartment. It is definitely overpriced. Not worth the money. Also I was to meet a friend there and I had to wait for hours because there is no lobby or person at a reception and she had no way of finding the apartment we had booked without me standing in front of the supposed reception area.. I also had to wait 30 mins to check out or the dude to show up (lack of reception). This is a series of apartments, not a hostel.

Sorry girl, but you have booked an apartment! And that is what you got! You got what you booked for! We asked you about waiting for your friend, and you said that you will wait for her, no need for us to wait for her! Now dont go saying UNTRUE things about it! This is the true, I have to say! :-)

Manuela is the sweetest! She will give you a map and tell you everything you need to know! We were staying in the double bed private and the bed was very comfortable although the room was a bit small. Bathroom very clean but there was only one for the whole hostel which becomes a problem at night when everybody is there.. The location was perfect. Overall, good for a short stay in Split.

Were given an apartment, absolutely perfect. Highly recommend, we extended our stay.

Wifi did not reach apartment across the steeet, had to sit by check in desk. It is not air conditioned, it's a fan. The window on the first floor did not lock properly but with some creativity we got it to close. Other than that, the stay was just fine. Supermarkets, bars and restaurants all very close.

Awesome clean hostel People there are also very friendly.

• 6th Jul 2013

We loved Split- the location was close to the ferry for fellow backpackers. We ended up paying more for our stay than our roommates though-which was unfair as it was an apartment shared. The apartment was run down, dirty and the shower didn't work..all facilities were in similar disrepair. I've learned from this trip that it is easier and more money wise to just stay with a family when you get off the ferry! They'll be holding sings :)

Very small place. Bathroom was nice. The rooftop was lovely! Rooms were quite small. Excellent location.

Stayed in a dorm, ok if you're able to sleep whereever. But lights, noice and guests bringing friends from bars doesn't make it so easy. Accomodation was not in the hostel building, but in an apartment nearby. One guest had to sleep on the kitchen sofa, which made us have breakfast in the hallway.

Very helpful host, nice location. Only drawback is shower facility.