Hostel Marabou Reviews

Konevova 738/55, Prague, Czech Republic

Nice place to stay, a little but outside city center but there is a bus stop right outside that takes you there in 15 min. Staff was very friendly. Fully recommended.

The stay at the hostel in general was very pleasant and comforting. The staff was very cooperative and helpful. I will surely stay there again and would recommend it to all my friends.

• 15th Aug 2015

Best buy option. Nice and very clean rooms, a lot's of beer in hostel bar :-).

Everything was nice except for the showers and the wifi, which were horrible. The water temperature was very hard to get right and you have to keep pressing the button every few seconds which is very annoying. The wifi was barely working as well, which is a HUGE deal. We travelers need wifi in order to keep making plans. Other than that it was nice and clean (except the black mold in the shower ceilings ew) and the staff were helpful. Good breakfast deal and close to the bus station.

• 11th Aug 2015

I paid for a PVT room 1200cz crowns. I was given a room with NO WINDOWS THAT SMELLED WORSE THAN A BOYS FOOT LOCKER! SHEETS WERE ALSO MOLDY! It was unbearably hot and I could NOT SLEEP AT ALL. I sat out front on the street till 5:am where there was at least AIR. The basement where the computers are and pool table is MOLD INFESTED! I was wheezing from an allergic reaction within 5 min. I would like a refund. Worst night in Prague. Staff was nice, but unable to do anything to assist.

Fun place to stay, there was only 1 staff member there the whole time. Not super clean but worth it for the money you pay.

Their flyer and information on their site are lies. No free parking, breakfast and beer on arrival. They overbooked, so just put an extra bed in an already full room. Only two showers in the entire hostel.

• 6th Aug 2015

Nice hostel in a good location. The only downside are the showering facilities. Didn't feel that clean and you had to press and hold a button the whole time. However, the hostel has a fantastic atmosphere in the evenings and the use of keycard entry makes you feel very safe.

The Girl who received me at the desk on 4th August was friendly, helpfull and nice. The guy at the evening was the opposite. The breakfast was so delicious and fresh (was one of the best I ever tried). The bed-sheets are not clean as they must be. The Price and facilities were almost perfect. Thanks.

It's a bit far from historic town but a direct bus takes you there in a few minutes. Nice common area. Breakfast is very good for only 1euro and they have a well equipped kitchen. Room for 16 was too much, next time I'd stay in a smaller one. Good experience overall, only problem the showers are BAD, you have to continuously push a buttom on the wall to get water running and do everything else with only one hand, annoying.

LOVED IT! no AC but the rooms were cool. The basement was actually cool. They had cheap beer, good breakfast, computer (slow but worked), pool tables, a place for late night hangouts for noise (basement), and more then enough common area, big kitchen, large eating/ hangout place, and the basement, have I said I like the basement ;) Might be a little out of town bus the bus is frequent and cheap. Only issue is the showers. Best hostel.

Very clean hostel. The cleaning lady is there every day and works for 8 hours. Huge common area with comfortable seats, tischfussball and biliard. You will get your own key card for your room and hostet. The hostel really have to fix the dampers of the doors. With this broken dampers the doors are getting slammed very loudly. So if you sleep next to the door you will wake up every time someone comes in or leaves. Besides that it was a pleasant stay in hostel marabou.

Good atmosphere and good beer :) it's a shame that the wifi didn't work for my whole stay, spent a lot of time at the cafe across the street (who has awesome music too) nice staff, the rooms look out onto a park which is beautiful. I liked the breakfast and it was super cheap. Strange location, but close to lots of cheap restaurants, about a 25 minute walk into the old town. Welcoming staff, nice communal areas to meet people, and big kitchen. Would stay again!

Excellent hostel. Wifi is bad, but that is the only complaint, over all this is a very good hostel.

NO WIFI! (Staff said it was too many staying at the hostel.. The other time we asked about the wi-fi they replied that "NO, we're not going to fix it"). Not close to town, you can take a 10 min. bus. Breakfast is ok! Dorm too, but the showers doesnt work very well.

Even with full connection there's no internet on the WiFi. Our room had no windows and we had NOT been informed about this. The air humidity was so extreme that we left with wet clothes. The shower was the worst one I've ever been in, you had to keep the button pushed really hard or you didn't get any water at all and the fan sounded like a jet plane.

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • Sweden
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Very nice social hostel. Stayed at a few in Prague but this one was the best. I did get a little noisey near the bar area at night but was not really an issue. Staff were super-friendly and helpful, location was a little out-of-the-way but that was a good thing as it keeps you away from the tourist-traps!

Super nice staff and atmosphere! Loved that there was a bar and social meeting areas. We will be back when we return to Prague one day. Do it!!

• 16th Jul 2015
  • Denmark

The best hostel we stayed at during our travels!

• 15th Jul 2015

This hostel was good. Definitely not the best, definitely not the worst. Staff was excellent and helpful. Enjoyed my time here very much.