Hostel Marabou Reviews

Konevova 738/55, Prague, Czech Republic

Good hostel , comfy beds (no power point at each bed) good kitchen with a very good breakfast for only €1 👍🏻internet was good for me. Bus outside hostel but it's a bit of a walk from city centre .. Would stay here again, good backpackers hostel .. Lockers fit big bags :)... Night staff are legends 😬

The location is not very convenient if you plan on walking, although the public transportation is very easy to use and really close to the hostel. The staff was really helpful. We were in the 4-bed room and the beds were really old and uncomfortable. The toilet was not very clean. I think the worst part of it was the shower, which for some reason works with a button and the water runs for only 2 seconds. Best part about it is the breakfast for only 1 euro!

Staff were very friendly but that's the only good thing about this hostel. Rooms and showers were dirty and there was no atmosphere here. Maybe I stayed at a bad time but no body was interacting with each other.

I really enjoyed my stay at the hostel, the room was clean and the general atmosphere was really nice. All of the staff was helpfull and nice to us. I really recomend the breakfast, for only one euro you can eat whatever you want that's in the kitchen: they have bread, cake, cereal (different types), fruit, yoghurt, milk, coffee...

Great of beers, nice common areas. My stay was a bit interrupted by two rancid smelling loud individuals but that's not on the hostel.. Guests will always vary. Definitely a recommended spot if you're looking for a cheap and convenient location.

Great location, there's loads of restaurants and convenience stores around the area. It's really easy to get to and from the train station and the main tourist areas. Everything was really clean, there are really comfy rec areas and a kitchen you can use. We felt really at home here. The cheap booze they sell and the music always playing in the lobby/rec areas made this place the best night out of our trip - the staff know all about the best clubs to go to! DEFINITELY a party place.

Welcome to the slammin´ door hostel! Nearly every door in this hostel is equipped with a door closer that has been tuned to quickly close the doors at high velocity ensuring a tight seal! 11pm quiet seems to be only a reminder to backpackers staying that they should be quiet after this time so the night time receptionist can hear his music throughout the night. The basement area smelled very bad and I am fairly certain it had a mold problem. I was quite sure if I were to sleep I would be robbed.

• 21st Aug 2015

Nice place to stay, a little but outside city center but there is a bus stop right outside that takes you there in 15 min. Staff was very friendly. Fully recommended.

The stay at the hostel in general was very pleasant and comforting. The staff was very cooperative and helpful. I will surely stay there again and would recommend it to all my friends.

• 15th Aug 2015

Best buy option. Nice and very clean rooms, a lot's of beer in hostel bar :-).

Everything was nice except for the showers and the wifi, which were horrible. The water temperature was very hard to get right and you have to keep pressing the button every few seconds which is very annoying. The wifi was barely working as well, which is a HUGE deal. We travelers need wifi in order to keep making plans. Other than that it was nice and clean (except the black mold in the shower ceilings ew) and the staff were helpful. Good breakfast deal and close to the bus station.

I paid for a PVT room 1200cz crowns. I was given a room with NO WINDOWS THAT SMELLED WORSE THAN A BOYS FOOT LOCKER! SHEETS WERE ALSO MOLDY! It was unbearably hot and I could NOT SLEEP AT ALL. I sat out front on the street till 5:am where there was at least AIR. The basement where the computers are and pool table is MOLD INFESTED! I was wheezing from an allergic reaction within 5 min. I would like a refund. Worst night in Prague. Staff was nice, but unable to do anything to assist.

Very nice hostel which invites to the communication and exchange with the others travellers thanks to his cosy/welcoming living room ! :) Great breakfast definitely recommended with fresh fruits and all ! ;)

Fun place to stay, there was only 1 staff member there the whole time. Not super clean but worth it for the money you pay.

Their flyer and information on their site are lies. No free parking, breakfast and beer on arrival. They overbooked, so just put an extra bed in an already full room. Only two showers in the entire hostel.

• 6th Aug 2015

Nice hostel in a good location. The only downside are the showering facilities. Didn't feel that clean and you had to press and hold a button the whole time. However, the hostel has a fantastic atmosphere in the evenings and the use of keycard entry makes you feel very safe.

The Girl who received me at the desk on 4th August was friendly, helpfull and nice. The guy at the evening was the opposite. The breakfast was so delicious and fresh (was one of the best I ever tried). The bed-sheets are not clean as they must be. The Price and facilities were almost perfect. Thanks.

It's a bit far from historic town but a direct bus takes you there in a few minutes. Nice common area. Breakfast is very good for only 1euro and they have a well equipped kitchen. Room for 16 was too much, next time I'd stay in a smaller one. Good experience overall, only problem the showers are BAD, you have to continuously push a buttom on the wall to get water running and do everything else with only one hand, annoying.

LOVED IT! no AC but the rooms were cool. The basement was actually cool. They had cheap beer, good breakfast, computer (slow but worked), pool tables, a place for late night hangouts for noise (basement), and more then enough common area, big kitchen, large eating/ hangout place, and the basement, have I said I like the basement ;) Might be a little out of town bus the bus is frequent and cheap. Only issue is the showers. Best hostel.

Very clean hostel. The cleaning lady is there every day and works for 8 hours. Huge common area with comfortable seats, tischfussball and biliard. You will get your own key card for your room and hostet. The hostel really have to fix the dampers of the doors. With this broken dampers the doors are getting slammed very loudly. So if you sleep next to the door you will wake up every time someone comes in or leaves. Besides that it was a pleasant stay in hostel marabou.

« first « Prev 1 2 3