Hostel Marabou Reviews

Konevova 738/55, Prague, Czech Republic

NO WIFI! (Staff said it was too many staying at the hostel.. The other time we asked about the wi-fi they replied that "NO, we're not going to fix it"). Not close to town, you can take a 10 min. bus. Breakfast is ok! Dorm too, but the showers doesnt work very well.

Very nice social hostel. Stayed at a few in Prague but this one was the best. I did get a little noisey near the bar area at night but was not really an issue. Staff were super-friendly and helpful, location was a little out-of-the-way but that was a good thing as it keeps you away from the tourist-traps!

Super nice staff and atmosphere! Loved that there was a bar and social meeting areas. We will be back when we return to Prague one day. Do it!!

• 16th Jul 2015
  • Denmark

The best hostel we stayed at during our travels!

• 15th Jul 2015

This hostel was good. Definitely not the best, definitely not the worst. Staff was excellent and helpful. Enjoyed my time here very much.

Really lovely hostel, comfy room and feel safe. Amazing €1 breakfast - loved the watermelon and cucumber water

Don't check in at 8pm, you get caught in a shift switch and are left waiting 40 minutes. Wifi is rubbish, no plugs in bedrooms. Don't drink tap water. However... Great atmosphere, cheap beer, 24 hour, nice staff, short bus ride to centre and very safe. Good hostel overall.

I was only for one night but the room was good and people were nice. The craft beer was sold out but good bottled beers existed, still a bit of bummer since the beer was one of the main points mentioned. It's a bit hike from center but as I was heading out with bus in the early morning it's reasonably close to bus station.

The location is okay if you don't mind taking the bus or walking. The area is not particularly interesting to travelers. Dirty showers. The staff didn't seem to care about the fact that the Wi-Fi didn't work. Poor ventilation, I think half the room passed out during the night due to heat and lack of oxygen. The cellar smells moldy. The common area upstairs is super nice, though.

I travel 9 countries inter-railing and this was my favourite hostel. The location is a bit far from the city (there is both a convenient bus and tram literally outside). The atmosphere made up for this. A real unique and quirky place with a great staff, really cool guests, a cracking music playlist, a cool chill-out area and a unbeatable range of cheap beer in reception. Exactly what I'd hope from a hostel. Plus there are a load of class cheap Chinese restaurants in the area. Loved it

A hostel with a structure that makes it easy to make friends there, the lowest floor is far enough from any bedroom, so it's possible to stay there playing and talking loud even late on the night. The staff is good, not numerous but pretty nice going. The only complaint I can give is about the showers, that after pressing the button, the flow stays only for a few seconds (like 4). And it's the same in every showers, so I think it would be no big expense to call a plummer and fix them out.

• 29th Jun 2015

thankyou !!!! you are a great team

We would not recomment this hostel to other couples. The room was very small and ugly. For single travellers there is a common room where you can get to know other People fairly easy. The staff was mostly nice.

• 22nd Jun 2015

Young and friendly crowd and staff, about 20mins walk to old town, not many transport options, but several annoyances stand out: The showers have timed buttons but the duration is way too short. Once the water starts flowing you have about 3-5 seconds of running water until it stops again. So you end up having to press the button the whole time. Also laundry costs way too much.

• 21st Jun 2015
  • Hong Kong
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Overall a good choice. Only recommendation is need to provide stools to use with the computers. After walking all day it is difficult standing in front of the computer.

Upon arrival this hostel smelled dank. There was no one at the front desk when we arrived and when we did get help the staff didn't seem to know what they were doing. I was also disappointed in the enforcement of rules here. The staff did not enforce quiet hours or rules such as no outside alcohol in the rooms. If you want some place cheap this is fine I wouldn't stay here again. Incredibly disappointed.

Loved this place. Staff was awesome. They served cheap drinks. Met cool people. Crappy breakfast though.

I spent one weekend in the hostel and I really appreciated its location and the staff there. The only thing that bothered me a bit is the air conditioning in the rooms, the aeration wasn't that good.. apart from that I had a nice stay :)

• 5th Jun 2015
  • Tunisia

Owner cares more about money than safety. Group of 6 came to my room at 1:30am (I was alone in a room) and were belligerent and very loud until 3:30am. Several times discussing plans to come into my bed at night. After discussing situation with receptionist he said there's nothing he can do since there are no other beds. At 8am I was moved to another room by another receptionist and the group was allowed to extend. I thought I will have to call police at night did not feel safe there at all.

Beds were stained and smelly, but the sheets were clean. The whole place stinks pretty bad, literally, and my room on the ground floor was freezing. Their "laundry service" is 12euros, not worth it. 5eu deposit for your key. The staff were all older guys who made me feel uncomfortable when they would take smoke breaks outside my dorm window. The bar is convenient, and the kitchen is very nice; they have everything you need. Nice lounge area too! Location is about 20 min walk uphill from old town

Hi Kathryn,thank you for your comment.About the"smell", unfortunately we are in the building from late 19th century and sometimes under some weather conditions you can really feel it,sorry for that.About the smoke,that must be a misunderstanding,the part where your windows are is locked,noone has access there.If somone goes for cigarette,they are going on the sidewalk, which is other side of the buildingWish you only the best! Tom and some other older guys (we are between 19 and 38 years old:)