Hostel Marabou Reviews

Konevova 738/55, Prague, Czech Republic

I realy liked the interior, those wallpapers, adv plates, typing machine, vintage stuff, beer bottle collection. I was impressed.

Unfortunately not everything looked that clean as it probably was. That was also enforced by the smell of old cigarettes that´s stuck in the furniture. The showers are not great also. You have to keep pushing the button if you want to keep the water running. So if you're a girl with long hair it's one of the worst things possible. One of the good things about the hostel is the included breakfast and also the staff is great, funny and helpfull!

badly soundproofed and squeak doors may prevent you from sleeping late.

• 8th Aug 2014

This could be an awesome place if some thing were fixed. * Overall the place suffers from ventilation problems.In the twin room we stayed it was worst,as there was mould growing on the walls and no windows to air it out. * Painfully understaffed. 1 pers dealing with the bar,check in and any other queries.The whole check in process took well 2 hrs. * No free parking although listed in facilities Pros:good selection of beers, interesting neighbourhood, some friendly staff members, ok breakfast

Great hostel. While the location is not the best one could hope for, the fact they have on tap beer and a huge collecting of bottled beer makes it a rocking joint. The staff were relaxed and easy to have a conversation with. A free breakfast is always a treat aswell :) Would deffinatly recommend and return to.

We took the Low-Budget-Double-Room and it was horrible. There was no freh-air (no window, no airconditioning), so it was hot and smelly. It was also very small and because it´s next to the lounge it was very loud till the middle of the night (4 o´clock). Even the music from reception was more like a disco party. We would NOT advice to get this room even if it´s cheap, but you won´t enjoy it. It seems more like a storage room. The hostel by itself was okay. There is free breakfast and WIFI.

• 2nd Aug 2014

The reception were helpful. no wifi working and no computers that worked either. quite out of the city centre but not too expensive. not enough showers, had to wait for a while at times.

Really enjoyed our stay here. The hostel's a bit out of the way meaning we walked for quite a whole most days. However, it's easy to meet people as there's loads of common area. The rooms were good and had huge lockers.

Great friendly atmosphere! You will meet lots of people here

Always at least one toilet blocked. Tea machine was broken. (Rather flimsy feeling) door of private room accessible by all other guests. Room needed mopped. Horrid decor. Sheets didn't feel 'clinical' (only time of our trip we used our linen sleep liners). Shower button needs hit constantly. Common area seats torn to bits. Downstairs smelt dingy. Leaflet promised a free beer on arrival, non given. Unhelpful staff. Far from nice part of Prague. Worst accommodation of our trip. Dingy hole.

The hostel has 14 toilets, we are very sorry that some of them were just used at the time of your need. Our kitchen is fully equipped with 15 liter teapot, further kettle with complimentary tea bags, at the time of your stay both worked perfectly. Your room was a private room and no one except you did not have the key to unlock the rooms, I do not understand what you mean. Before each check in the room and the bed thoroughly cleaned and coated with clean sheets from external laundry..

A great value hostel, nice bar and plenty of space to lounge about. It is quite far from the centre, but with good bus and tram connections. The shower could use a good clean, but other areas are spotless.

the 3 nights i stayed there the wifi never worked for me. In fact it didn't work for all the people I've asked.

Hi Weiliang, thank you for your comment. Unfortunately it happened on weekend and T-Mobile doesnt work on weekend. It was fixed during Monday than. I would also like to say, that all internet acces in the hostel, it works in every room, is for free. Tom and Marabou Team

The staff was amazing, the guests considerate and the facilities welcoming. My only complaint is that the shower curtain in one of the first floor bathrooms has mildew/mold on it and needs to either be washed periodically or replaced all together. It was simple to get from the city center to the Hostel and I would definitely recommend this place to others.

• 6th Jul 2014

the wifi doesnt work properly in rooms

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Colombia

This location is good if you have a car (over the weekend, its free parking a few meters down the street). There is a bus station near the hostel, but if u prefer walking - the center is only a 20 minute walk. Staff is very friendly and ready to help. We liked the kitchen (there is everything you need and more) and living room. I liked breakfast (not much choice, but it was good) and free coffee and tea all the time. Wifi was very slow.

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Slovenia

It was an awesome stay, probably one I my favorties in Europe. Free breakfast! I stayed in a 16 person dorm, the lockers were huge! The room was big too. There were plenty of toilets showers, I never felt like I had to wait for anyone. Staff was great, tons of cheapish beers to choose from. The ownly downsides are push-button showers, and flaky internet, but that have computers so it's fine.

This was a nice little hostel, its quite a walk from the center of town but its got free computers a pool table a kitchen and breakfast and at the price i cant complain about anything really :D

For me, this hostel was a brief stay. Simply a place to lay my head for 3 hours before my early train. I was very impressed. Gorgeous hostel with great staff and very secure. A little far from most attractions but if you've got legs that can carry you for thirty minutes you can get anywhere. Close to main station.

according to website there is free parking... but there isnt

I would definitely recommend that hostel- really nice and helpful staff, clean rooms and easy to find