Hostel Marabou Reviews

Konevova 738/55, Prague, Czech Republic

thankyou !!!! you are a great team

We would not recomment this hostel to other couples. The room was very small and ugly. For single travellers there is a common room where you can get to know other People fairly easy. The staff was mostly nice.

• 22nd Jun 2015

Young and friendly crowd and staff, about 20mins walk to old town, not many transport options, but several annoyances stand out: The showers have timed buttons but the duration is way too short. Once the water starts flowing you have about 3-5 seconds of running water until it stops again. So you end up having to press the button the whole time. Also laundry costs way too much.

• 21st Jun 2015
  • Hong Kong
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Upon arrival this hostel smelled dank. There was no one at the front desk when we arrived and when we did get help the staff didn't seem to know what they were doing. I was also disappointed in the enforcement of rules here. The staff did not enforce quiet hours or rules such as no outside alcohol in the rooms. If you want some place cheap this is fine I wouldn't stay here again. Incredibly disappointed.

Loved this place. Staff was awesome. They served cheap drinks. Met cool people. Crappy breakfast though.

I spent one weekend in the hostel and I really appreciated its location and the staff there. The only thing that bothered me a bit is the air conditioning in the rooms, the aeration wasn't that good.. apart from that I had a nice stay :)

• 5th Jun 2015
  • Tunisia

Owner cares more about money than safety. Group of 6 came to my room at 1:30am (I was alone in a room) and were belligerent and very loud until 3:30am. Several times discussing plans to come into my bed at night. After discussing situation with receptionist he said there's nothing he can do since there are no other beds. At 8am I was moved to another room by another receptionist and the group was allowed to extend. I thought I will have to call police at night did not feel safe there at all.

Beds were stained and smelly, but the sheets were clean. The whole place stinks pretty bad, literally, and my room on the ground floor was freezing. Their "laundry service" is 12euros, not worth it. 5eu deposit for your key. The staff were all older guys who made me feel uncomfortable when they would take smoke breaks outside my dorm window. The bar is convenient, and the kitchen is very nice; they have everything you need. Nice lounge area too! Location is about 20 min walk uphill from old town

Hi Kathryn,thank you for your comment.About the"smell", unfortunately we are in the building from late 19th century and sometimes under some weather conditions you can really feel it,sorry for that.About the smoke,that must be a misunderstanding,the part where your windows are is locked,noone has access there.If somone goes for cigarette,they are going on the sidewalk, which is other side of the buildingWish you only the best! Tom and some other older guys (we are between 19 and 38 years old:)

Brilliant. Thank you

It is a really nice, lively hostel with a very pleasant atmosphere. Marabou is situated in the quarter of Zizkov, where you can find a lot of bars and restaurants that are less crowded by tourists and cheaper than those in the city centre. The hostel is a good place to meet other travellers, there's always sth going on in the evening, but quiet during night. Our shower didn't work properly and for breakfast, remember: first come, first serve; but for the money it is really worth it.

• 26th Mar 2015

Very nice hostel with a great atmosphere, beautiful decorated rooms and nice staff.

• 9th Jan 2015

Hi Natascha, thank you for your nice commnet! We wish you only the best! Tom and Hostel Marabou Team!