Hostel Mare Reviews

Kralja Zvonimira 40, Sibenik, Croatia

Great hostel with really friendly and helpful staff! Defiantly recommend

• 27th Jul 2015

Really amazing hostel! The staff are so helpful and really want you to have an incredible time

Hostel Mare was awesome - among the best of my entire trip through Europe. It made my time in Sibenik really great. Upon arrival I got lots of advice & suggestions on things to do and see: concerts, rafting trips and tips on visiting Krka. Furthermore, the staff took the time to check schedules and help me plan my various day trips. Excellent staff & atmosphere. Would definitely stay here again.

Good hostel in great location right beside the Old town! Not enough bathrooms or showers, so often left waiting to use one, but otherwise everything else is great. Staff helpful and friendly! Had a nice relaxing stay in Sibenik and would recommend this hostel!

The staff could have been more friendly. They seemed bothered when we had questions. We checked out early and left our luggage in a locked room, which was the same room as they put garbage in. That was not very nice, because it smelled a little bit. It was good value for money och close to everything.

• 11th Jul 2015
  • Sweden

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful in all the matters that I needed. The location of accommodation is in the city center. The room and the bathroom is brand new and clean. I will definitely come again!

• 9th Jul 2015
  • Serbia

Awesome hostel, great staff, great courtyard and common area for meeting other travelers

• 7th Jul 2015

The staff were so great very helpful with directions. Was very quick and easy to walk to supermarket, bus station and restaurants. Had lockers with keys in rooms and clean toilet and shower. Would defiantly recommend!

staff were such lovely people and we had a wonderful time in sibenik. lovely terrace out front and great wifi. nice comfy beds and everyone in the hostel helped me celebrate canada day. we had a great time!

My original travel plan was to stay one night in Hostel Mare on my way to Murter island. However, when I left Murter, I decided to come back Hostel Mare for two more nights, before I continued my journey to Southern Dalmatia. I really enjoyed my stay in my "Šibenik home". The host team (Katerina and Neno) are doing a great job! The location of the hostel was perfect to me, near the Old Town and the St. Nikola's Fortress. It's also very easy to take a day trip to Krka National Park.

The owners were extremely warm, friendly and helpful and the reception area had a particularly welcoming feel. The hostel is in a great location set back from the road, close to grocery shops a few steps from the old town. The only thing missing from what was otherwise a fantastic hostel were any cooking facilities.

Good hostel in a quiet city. The staff is really nice, they helped me know the city and excursions.

Had the double room in the attic - stunning room, looks just like the pictures! Friendly and helpful staff, made you feel welcome :) Hostel is just out of the old town but it's such a close walk to everything, really close to a pharmacy, supermarket. and 24hr bakery! About 15 minutes to the bus station. Highly recommend the hostel :) Also while you're in Sibenik, Krka National Park is a must!

Great staff! Extremely helpful with directions and bus schedules. The city itself is small, but has less tourists.

Beautiful hostel with a lovely "hostel-mama" :) She was even worried about us only because we arrived 2 h later than planned and didn't tell the hostel. Gave us many valuable tipps for Sibenik. Location is top!!! Room and bathroom were clean and refurbished.

Had a great time here! Water was nice and hot, beds were clean, and the lockers were big. The reception guy was so friendly and welcoming, and even let me try some of his homebrew brandy!

Everything was excellent, definitely one of the best hostel to stay for long or short time, with lovely staff ready to help and explain how to spend great day in Sibenik. Truly recommended!

• 2nd Mar 2015