Hostel Mare Reviews

Kralja Zvonimira 40, Sibenik, Croatia

One night stop over here,room was pretty small for 6 people and we didn't get towels. Staff were helpful in advice about where to go, both food recommendations were amazing. Really nice courtyard out the front where you can get wifi. No kitchen facilities, just one tiny fridge for the whole hostel. Serious issues with the bathroom which was constantly flooding, and therefore got filthy. Also had this one bathroom between 16 people!! Nice location just outside the old city.

+ good location; clean - no common area, so hard to socialise 1 shower for 16 people!!!

Great staff. Good location. Six bed rooms are quite small. We did a Kornati Islands boat trip that was organised by the hostel. They drove us to the boat and picked us up when we got back. Very helpful.

Beautiful place just next to the old town. Atmosphere was good. Big minus for not having kitchen of any sort not even possibility to make your own coffee. Staff was nice but somehow made me feel slightly uncomfotable.

• 16th Aug 2015
  • Finland

reception was very helpful. they gave suggestions for places to visit and stay for the rest of our road trip which were great suggestions! also very helpful with parking suggestions for us while we were staying there. overall, great experience :)

- Smelly toilets and overflowing drainage - Overflowing bins in the bathrooms (rarely emptied) - Only one room with a shower, toilet and sink per floor to be shared between 18 people! - No extra toilets or areas to change - Nowhere to fill up water unless you wanted the drain water they used which was full of algae and moss. - The outdoor communal area smelt like toilet due to the poor drainage - No soap in any of the bathrooms to wash your hands - Really squeaky beds in the room

For some people is better to stay at home

Great location with shops, old town, and transport all incredibly close, and very friendly staff who definitely made me feel welcome, just disappointing that there is no kitchen available (though they don't advertise that there is one).

Great hostel with really friendly and helpful staff! Defiantly recommend

• 27th Jul 2015

Super hostel, great tips from the staff. Let us keep our bags in the storage area after we checked out.

Really amazing hostel! The staff are so helpful and really want you to have an incredible time

Hostel Mare was awesome - among the best of my entire trip through Europe. It made my time in Sibenik really great. Upon arrival I got lots of advice & suggestions on things to do and see: concerts, rafting trips and tips on visiting Krka. Furthermore, the staff took the time to check schedules and help me plan my various day trips. Excellent staff & atmosphere. Would definitely stay here again.

Good hostel in great location right beside the Old town! Not enough bathrooms or showers, so often left waiting to use one, but otherwise everything else is great. Staff helpful and friendly! Had a nice relaxing stay in Sibenik and would recommend this hostel!

The staff could have been more friendly. They seemed bothered when we had questions. We checked out early and left our luggage in a locked room, which was the same room as they put garbage in. That was not very nice, because it smelled a little bit. It was good value for money och close to everything.

• 11th Jul 2015
  • Sweden

Thank you, but our other guest are also more kinder and nicer than you were so we can talk about that... We don't put garbage in hostel because that really don't make sense, but if you call PET bottle recycling the garbage we really don't have any comment

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful in all the matters that I needed. The location of accommodation is in the city center. The room and the bathroom is brand new and clean. I will definitely come again!

• 9th Jul 2015
  • Serbia

Awesome hostel, great staff, great courtyard and common area for meeting other travelers

• 7th Jul 2015

The staff were so great very helpful with directions. Was very quick and easy to walk to supermarket, bus station and restaurants. Had lockers with keys in rooms and clean toilet and shower. Would defiantly recommend!

Great hostel and friendly owners. I thoroughly recommend. Just needs to be in a busier town. Comfortable rooms and spacious bathrooms and a really fresh vibe but not such a busy place.

staff were such lovely people and we had a wonderful time in sibenik. lovely terrace out front and great wifi. nice comfy beds and everyone in the hostel helped me celebrate canada day. we had a great time!

My original travel plan was to stay one night in Hostel Mare on my way to Murter island. However, when I left Murter, I decided to come back Hostel Mare for two more nights, before I continued my journey to Southern Dalmatia. I really enjoyed my stay in my "Šibenik home". The host team (Katerina and Neno) are doing a great job! The location of the hostel was perfect to me, near the Old Town and the St. Nikola's Fortress. It's also very easy to take a day trip to Krka National Park.

The owners were extremely warm, friendly and helpful and the reception area had a particularly welcoming feel. The hostel is in a great location set back from the road, close to grocery shops a few steps from the old town. The only thing missing from what was otherwise a fantastic hostel were any cooking facilities.