Hostel Marimar Reviews

Praia das Encantadas s/n, CEP 83203-970, Ilha do Mel, Brazil

I enjoyed my stay there very much. The staff was very nice and told me everything I wanted to know about places to visit. The day I was leaving I forgot my Money bag in the room and the owner ran to the boat to give it back to me.

Very nice staff, and well-run place.

I loved staying here with an amazing breakfast and friendly atmosphere. The beds were comfortable and the view was beautiful. The nightly storm was exciting and most of all the island was gorgeous. It is definitely the Island of Honey!

The Breakfast! for a hostel this is the best breakfast i have had, it sets you up perfectly for the day. The Location is great, right on the beach in Encantadas (southern village) you can take a short boat trip to the centre of the island or hike (1-1.5 hours). The Staff were very friendly and helpful. It has a big common area at the front of the hostel right on the beach. I was very pleased with everything at hostel marimar

very lovely staff and encantadas is way better than brasilia!

Location is great; it's right on the beach, breakfast was amazing. However bathrooms are rarely cleaned and we were bitten alive at night either by bed bugs or Mosquitos! The value for money is very poor as on hostel world there were only 2 hostels that you could stay at however if you arrive I suggest you find a posada to stay in; a private room at a posada is cheaper than staying in a 6 room dorm at this hostel.

Has some improvements to do....but is a good value for Money!

Very well located right on the beach , very good rooms

Really great hostel right by the beach. Superb family run place with great facilities and a really brilliant breakfast. A true sign of a place that is top notch, when they lay out the full works for breakfast even though there are only two of you in it. Great that a locker came with the room ! Very happy with my stay !

Friendly and helpfull staff.

Had a lovely few days staying at Marimar. It is an idyllic setting and I would definitely go back. The staff were friendly, but very little English spoken- not that that caused us any problems. The breakfast was great, the lounge area and decking is nice, wifi good and access to computer too. The room was cleaned well every day and in our double room we had fresh towels daily. I'd recommend lots of insect repellant and maybe a bed net- we both got bitten by mosquitos.

Great place.. perfect location - literally right on the beach! The breakfast is fantastic!

• 9th Apr 2012

Sublime location on the waterfront & just a short walk to surf beaches. Ilha do Mel is a real getaway island. Marimar provides all the basics you expect in a hostel.

It was a good hostel to stay at. It has a great location, it is just on Encantadas beach. Though the staff dont speak any english, so that was a bit difficult for people that dont speak portuguise. They have great breakfast, that is prob the biggest pulus!!!

I would recommend the hostel to everybody!! the hostel is located directly on the beach :), the staff is superfriendly, the breakfast yummi, the rooms clean. The only thing I would complain about is, that the reception area is closed at 9:30 pm..so you can t use the computer and sit in the area (what is nice if it s raining and u can t sit outside).

Nice Hostel, direct on the beach, very friendly stuff! On the weekend busy, between the week a paradies to relax!

Excellent location on the beach, a lot of common spaces and very friendly staff

\great hostel right on waters edge with lots of areas to relax in, fantastic breakfast and very helpful staff, highly recommended

beautiful hostel, loads of space and spotlessly clean, lovley brekky aswel.only drawback its a bit of a trek to the nicer beaches. other than that would def reccomend, the staff are very nice and put ona fine bbq

Had a great time there. The Hostel is very clean, the breakfast unbelieveable and the community is area simply great, which leads to an awesome atmosphere. Staff doesn´t speak English nor Spanish or anything.