Hostel Marina Reviews

Piazza S. Sepolcro, Cagliari, Italy

Honestly I expected more atmosphere from a converted 16th century convent. It looks very empty, barebone and I've been in many hostels in converted old buildings to know how good it can be with a little bit of imagination. Also quite difficult to find, not far from Piazza Yenne but in a side street and no signs at all to the hostel. Room was clean and spacious and air-condition is a great plus. Breakfast was so-so but I've seen worse elsewhere. Wifi is not good in the upper floor rooms.

I liked this place very much, even this is a hostel you feel like home:)

The rooms have no lockers, and there is no kitchen to store drinks or food. But all the rest is nice.

Good value for money, Marina isvery friendly and sharp priced hostel with good free WiFi-Connection!

Hostel Marina was comfortable and clean for the single night I was in Cagliari. Location is good with plenty of options for food and drinks near by. I didn't really come across any other guests so it's not ideal for the solo traveller. Location is good and is easy to find from train station. Only issue I had was the wifi would disconnect from my smartphone repeatedly making it difficult to check in for my flight.

The staff supported us a lot with the delayed arrival of our luggage. Thanks!

Please change the mattress. They are definitively out of using. the spings damage the back. 3 breakfasts and fruits only the frist one...

I love this hostel and have visited several times before but now it is being threatened with closure as the staff have not been paid for several months and they seem dubious about the situation changing! Such a pity!

I really enjoyed my stay, location was excellent, accommodation perfect, breakfast was great, staff were really helpful and friendly despite the unfair situation they are in (due to not having received any wages for 7 months) which I personally think is a scandal, hopefully this matter will be resolved very soon, for the sake of the staff and the fantastic facility they operate so efficiently, which is a huge bonus for tourists.

No lockers anywhere and I also broke into our room pretty easily just by walking on the balcony. Also the wifi didn't reach the room but otherwise great stay.