Hostel Marina Reviews

Piazza S. Sepolcro, Cagliari, Italy

Everything was ok.

• 18th Nov 2014
  • Spain

Good location and atmosphere.

The location is right in the old town and easy to get to anywhere. I took the ferry in the evening and checked out in the morning, but the hostel is very convenient and accommodating, should you need a place to rest your feet and chill.

Breakfast bread and croissants not made that day Need more plugs in rooms as one plug for six people a little difficult for charging phone. Wifi excellent Very clean Fridges in rooms encourages some people to eat smelly food late at night. Overall excellent level of serve and facilities Towel hooks near the showers would be a great improvement

Its ok, not the best ever, but the only hostel in Cagliari as far as I could find so it worked. Good location in centre.

Need to know type of beds in room when booking. As I for one can not physically get easily in and out of the upper bunk. Thank you Herbert

• 22nd Sep 2014

Kitchen needed~~

Located perfectly within the old city and within walking distance to train station. Very hard to get around sardinia so rent a car for a couple days (very expensive to hire however). Staff were not much help with things to do and did not show you around upon arrival. rooms were large. lots of places to eat and drink around you. wifi only really worked in the hallway or in the courtyard. free breakfast was ok. not all beds had power points, no lockers in rooms.

A nice hostel, very kind and helpful staff.

I didn't find the staff very helpful, instead of helping me by making a short call to a tour group, they told me to go find a pay phone. The room was nice and had air conditioning, but there was only wifi in the main common areas on the ground floor. Overall, not a bad hostel with a good location, but it wasn't very social while I was there and was overrun by a group of French teenagers the entire time, so it was hard to meet anyone.

We had a great 2-night-stay at your place. Enjoyed the location in the centre of Cagliari and the service in the 6-bed-dorm!

• 29th Jul 2014

Thank you so much. we hope to see you next year.

a little bit of heaven on earth. Only problem is how to get there and back, but we solved these issues quite easily. The host is extremely friendly and the facilities are more than one needs!

Thank you very much, is the really first time we are compared to heaven. We will try to get more signs placed by the city trafic authority along the way from the station.

The recepcionist was not as kind as we expected and the breakfast was poor. the roon was very good.

We are so sorry about that, We constantly give our best efforts to make the guest feel home. We will try to work more on this.

The rooms are big enough that the hostel could easily add lockers to the dorm rooms for added security.

we are planning to add lockers during the winter.

Great location , 10 minutes from bus and railway station. in the centre of the old part of Cagliari. Large clean rooms. Friendly, helpful staff. Will definitely recommend it and if I came to Cagliari again would stay there. This was my firSt experience of an Italian HOSTEL - vERY GOOD.

• 25th Jun 2014

A fairly decent place to stay on the cheap in central Cagliari. The rooms are a bit drab, and there's the occasional cockroach, but they have good air conditioning and decent bathroom facilities. The breakfast is a bit poor, and isn't always served for the full time they say it is. Plus some of the stuff they serve (yoghurts, non-watery fruit juice) actually costs extra.

• 24th Jun 2014

It maybe never was the intention to implement a kitchen in the hostel concept of Marina, but I would prefer having a kitchen that may be used by the guests. All other facilities were perfect!

Excellent place for backpackers ;) comfortable, clean, and spatious... in the heart of the city center

Hostel Marina is the ideal hostel. The staff were welcoming and helpful with things like transportation, restaurant and beach recommendations, and security. The hostel is located close to restaurants and things to do (not in the middle of nowhere). The included breakfast was better than breakfasts at other hostels I have used. I would highly recommend this hostel.

• 20th Jun 2014

No kitchen. breakfast in caffe but not always at the same place. 1 Croissant, one cup of caffe and one juice is not a breakfast. Clean place. Beds small but new and nice. AC Works OK. Value for Money. Location in the heart of town.