Hostel Marina Reviews

Piazza S. Sepolcro, Cagliari, Italy

The location was great and the staff was very friendly! The breakfast was quite nice each morning. There were no lockers in the rooms nor was the luggage room locked and secured. The Wi-Fi basically didn't work the entire 5 nights that we stayed there. Additionally, the common areas were rented out to a group that was staying at the hostel for 2 weeks which meant that there was no place aside from the room to hang out. The room was nice and my friend and I liked the lofted area where we slept.

While only a short stay, my time at Hostel Marina was pleasant and the staff were very helpful and friendly. The open courtyard was very comfortable and the included breakfast was self serve and exactly what is needed in the morning. If in Cagliari Hostel Marina is certainly not a bad choice

Overpriced. For €28 you will expect Wi-Fi in the rooms and hungers in the bathrooms. However, the rooms are spacious and clean. Location is superb and staff helpful. I will stay again.

Check out must be done very early at 10:30 while the usual our is 12:00 h. Maybe they could improve the breakfast, you cannot choose too much.

All that was missing was a kitchen but beeakgast was the best I've had in any hostel in Italy! Thank you to Alessandra and all the staff for being so warm and welcoming and so helpful with plans for day trips. The hostel is big but has a personal feel. I'll stay again!

Amazing location. Wifi didn't work but staff gave us an alternative line and password which did work. Really helpful when we were trying to book activities and recommended places to eat and things to do/see. We had our own private room, no curfew as reception is open 24/7, value for money is amazing. Doesn't have your typical hostel atmosphere so no good for solo travellers looking to meet people but for a city break as a couple it is the best place in the centre of cagliari for sightseeing!

• 23rd Aug 2015

Great stay. Very good service for the price. However, a bar in the hostel would be appreciated, and soap in the bathroom to wash hands also, as well as a floorcloth or something to clean up bathrooms after we shower.

• 18th Aug 2015

Great location and staff Good breakfast

Honestly I expected more atmosphere from a converted 16th century convent. It looks very empty, barebone and I've been in many hostels in converted old buildings to know how good it can be with a little bit of imagination. Also quite difficult to find, not far from Piazza Yenne but in a side street and no signs at all to the hostel. Room was clean and spacious and air-condition is a great plus. Breakfast was so-so but I've seen worse elsewhere. Wifi is not good in the upper floor rooms.

I liked this place very much, even this is a hostel you feel like home:)

The rooms have no lockers, and there is no kitchen to store drinks or food. But all the rest is nice.

Good value for money, Marina isvery friendly and sharp priced hostel with good free WiFi-Connection!

Hostel Marina was comfortable and clean for the single night I was in Cagliari. Location is good with plenty of options for food and drinks near by. I didn't really come across any other guests so it's not ideal for the solo traveller. Location is good and is easy to find from train station. Only issue I had was the wifi would disconnect from my smartphone repeatedly making it difficult to check in for my flight.

The staff supported us a lot with the delayed arrival of our luggage. Thanks!

Please change the mattress. They are definitively out of using. the spings damage the back. 3 breakfasts and fruits only the frist one...