Hostel Marinero Reviews

9 Sveti Marak, Hvar, Croatia

The Marinero Hostel is amazng! Althought there isn't a kitchen, it has a good resutairant!! The staff is so helpful!!! It doesn't have comum area, but everyona stays in the steps and the atmosphere is so cool!! Hvar is incredible 😊😊

Great location ! Right in the center of everything. No kitchen. Bathrooms and rooms were clean with AC in dorms. No common area besides the stairs literally. Right next to a very popular bar that plays great music but if your trying to sleep you won't get any.

Lovely helpful staff. Nowhere to hang out other than the stairway, in fact if your bed is not on level 1, you have to sit on the stairs to use the wifi. Towel like sand paper!

Had a great stay with 2 friends! Made a lot of new friends there who were absolutely brilliant!! Looking forward to going back already!!

• 8th Sep 2015

The hostel is great, although I think a common room would be really useful in helping people to mix.

What an awesome hostel! The location is the best in town - right in the heart of the nightlife and only a few short steps away from the main square. I was travelling solo and got to meet so many cool people here! Staff were amazing and helped me arrange some fantastic activities - renting a boat for the day with a group that I met at the hostel was a highlight! I can't wait to come back again soon!! Thanks again for having me Marinero :)

• 30th Aug 2015

fantastic staff !! lovely clean rooms with comfy beds and the best location on the port, wifi isn't the best but works down at reception. Loved our stay here !

My stay at marinero was amazing. Myself and two girlfriends stayed three nights and didn't want to leave! The rooms are spotless and thoroughly cleaned daily. Big lockers are provided so we didn't have to worry about our belongings. The staff are super friendly and welcoming and gave us some fabulous recommendations. The food at the adjoined restaurant marinero is delicious and we even got 10% off our bill as hostel guests. Best of all is the location - right in the centre of Hvar!! Loved it!!

Great location ! No kitchen or common room though but great for a few nights.

Great location. I was there during high season which is why it was so expensive to stay there. No real facilities, just a place to thrown your stuff in order to enjoy the island. Really nice staff though. Location was great.

• 30th Jul 2015

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel, the staff were extremely helpful and welcoming. I liked the location of the property although it is situated above a bar I was downstairs getting amongst it so that was no issue for me. Wi-fi wouldn't work in the rooms so I would suggest to the owner to look at upgrading as this can be a little frustrating. Also a hairdryer would have been a bonus :p I would stay at this hostel again.

Highly recommended! The location couldn't have being any better, and the rooms/bathrooms were so well kept and welcoming, Huge lockers! Travelling alone I struggled with their being no common room, however the staff and Kyle doll were outstanding and made my visit unforgettable. Kiva bar next door, get amongst it! I would be back in a heart beat.

It was really inconvenient only having 2 bathrooms for so many people, specially since there is no toilets available when people are showering. And having no kitchen at all is also annoying. But the location couldn't be better and the staff is great.

The hostel is right in the middle of town, which was super convenient for us. The room had great A/C and nice big lockers, which was great. But, our four person room was quite small. There is very little floor space/room to maneuver. There is one small fridge, but no kitchen or common area. Also, there is only one bathroom on each floor. The larger rooms have ensuite bathrooms, so that helps, but in the early evenings when everyone is trying to shower, you can be waiting for a long time.

This hostel was not for me. The facilities, frankly, are a joke. No kitchen, no common area to speak of, and no wifi in the rooms. If you are actually looking for a backpacker/hostel experience, this is not it. I suppose if you are in Hvar with a group and just need a base to go partying, this place is fine. It seems clean and reasonably secure. The location is good as well.

The hostel is perfect if you would like to party. We loved and we had the best time ever!

Overall it was a great hostel, the rooms and bathrooms were great and the location is also good. The only problem is that there is no kitchen, but I didn't miss it that much in the days I was in Hvar. Is definitely a hostel to party people (everyone in the hostel seems to go out everynight!), so if you're not into that maybe its not a good option.

We had a splendid time at Marinero! Great location: close to the main square of Hvar Town & has the buzzing Kiva bar right next door. Wonderful staff: both Matt & Caio were great with us - sorted us out with things to do in Hvar as well as helped with a little itinerary change. Staying here also fetches you a 10% discount at the restaurant outside & a free drink at Kiva bar. Not the place if you wanna sleep early coz the action at Kiva is going till about 2am. Otherwise, highly recommended!

One of beast moments in my life, I was supposed to go alone to Hvar, so I prepared myself to read as Much as can. Once arrived there needed to Change my plans. The place is perfect, The staff is really awesome, and the best thing is the location. It is located upstairs of kiva bar. Where everything happens. I met lot of nice people include the staff and we party for more than 8 days. As much as we can. I got the book for other occasion. If you want party with low cost, this is the place. Perfect

Great time!