Hostel Marinero Reviews

9 Sveti Marak, Hvar, Croatia

We had a splendid time at Marinero! Great location: close to the main square of Hvar Town & has the buzzing Kiva bar right next door. Wonderful staff: both Matt & Caio were great with us - sorted us out with things to do in Hvar as well as helped with a little itinerary change. Staying here also fetches you a 10% discount at the restaurant outside & a free drink at Kiva bar. Not the place if you wanna sleep early coz the action at Kiva is going till about 2am. Otherwise, highly recommended!

• 20th Jun 2015
  • India

One of beast moments in my life, I was supposed to go alone to Hvar, so I prepared myself to read as Much as can. Once arrived there needed to Change my plans. The place is perfect, The staff is really awesome, and the best thing is the location. It is located upstairs of kiva bar. Where everything happens. I met lot of nice people include the staff and we party for more than 8 days. As much as we can. I got the book for other occasion. If you want party with low cost, this is the place. Perfect

Great time!

The hostel here is in the best location possible and the a restaurant downstairs is amazing and cheap. Beware though that they only take cash, the club downstairs play music VERY loud until 3 AM and there is no community room to hangout with the other guests. Our room was fairly clean, but the bathroom was disgusting. There was also a very moldy smell... Not sure I would return to Hostel Marinero.

• 3rd Jun 2015

Really liked this hostel and the 2 lads working there right now are brilliant. Location is perfect, really clean and so cheap! Shame there's no kitchen or common room, that would help but it's still a really good hostel even without these things. Obviously the club downstairs is very loud until 2ish in the morning but even on the nights I went to bed before it closed I had no problem sleeping with the noise. No wifi in the dorms either, just on the stairs but that's a minor issue.

Great hostel right in the heart of Hvar town! Staff was awesome(jimmy and Matt-u guys rock!) it's def loud at night with Kica bar being right outside the windows-so for sure a party hostel but for a few nights it worked out fine. Bummer that there is no real common area aside from the steps-and no kitchen is for sure a downfall but all in all a great place!

Amazing hostel due to the location and people working there. Their recommendations for things to see and places to eat and drink made our stay all the better.

• 21st May 2015

Such a great experience at this hostel. The people made it what it was. No real common room and wifi is only accessible on the stairs, but who wants to be stuck on their phone when they're on such a beautiful island?? Thanks to Jimmy for making it such a great time. The restaurant is to die for. Room is super clean and close to the activity of the town. Go here you won't regret it!