Hostel Marinero Reviews

9 Sveti Marak, Hvar, Croatia

My stay at marinero was amazing. Myself and two girlfriends stayed three nights and didn't want to leave! The rooms are spotless and thoroughly cleaned daily. Big lockers are provided so we didn't have to worry about our belongings. The staff are super friendly and welcoming and gave us some fabulous recommendations. The food at the adjoined restaurant marinero is delicious and we even got 10% off our bill as hostel guests. Best of all is the location - right in the centre of Hvar!! Loved it!!

Great location ! No kitchen or common room though but great for a few nights.

Great location. I was there during high season which is why it was so expensive to stay there. No real facilities, just a place to thrown your stuff in order to enjoy the island. Really nice staff though. Location was great.

• 30th Jul 2015

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel, the staff were extremely helpful and welcoming. I liked the location of the property although it is situated above a bar I was downstairs getting amongst it so that was no issue for me. Wi-fi wouldn't work in the rooms so I would suggest to the owner to look at upgrading as this can be a little frustrating. Also a hairdryer would have been a bonus :p I would stay at this hostel again.

Highly recommended! The location couldn't have being any better, and the rooms/bathrooms were so well kept and welcoming, Huge lockers! Travelling alone I struggled with their being no common room, however the staff and Kyle doll were outstanding and made my visit unforgettable. Kiva bar next door, get amongst it! I would be back in a heart beat.

It was really inconvenient only having 2 bathrooms for so many people, specially since there is no toilets available when people are showering. And having no kitchen at all is also annoying. But the location couldn't be better and the staff is great.

The hostel is right in the middle of town, which was super convenient for us. The room had great A/C and nice big lockers, which was great. But, our four person room was quite small. There is very little floor space/room to maneuver. There is one small fridge, but no kitchen or common area. Also, there is only one bathroom on each floor. The larger rooms have ensuite bathrooms, so that helps, but in the early evenings when everyone is trying to shower, you can be waiting for a long time.

This hostel was not for me. The facilities, frankly, are a joke. No kitchen, no common area to speak of, and no wifi in the rooms. If you are actually looking for a backpacker/hostel experience, this is not it. I suppose if you are in Hvar with a group and just need a base to go partying, this place is fine. It seems clean and reasonably secure. The location is good as well.

The hostel is perfect if you would like to party. We loved and we had the best time ever!

Overall it was a great hostel, the rooms and bathrooms were great and the location is also good. The only problem is that there is no kitchen, but I didn't miss it that much in the days I was in Hvar. Is definitely a hostel to party people (everyone in the hostel seems to go out everynight!), so if you're not into that maybe its not a good option.

We had a splendid time at Marinero! Great location: close to the main square of Hvar Town & has the buzzing Kiva bar right next door. Wonderful staff: both Matt & Caio were great with us - sorted us out with things to do in Hvar as well as helped with a little itinerary change. Staying here also fetches you a 10% discount at the restaurant outside & a free drink at Kiva bar. Not the place if you wanna sleep early coz the action at Kiva is going till about 2am. Otherwise, highly recommended!

One of beast moments in my life, I was supposed to go alone to Hvar, so I prepared myself to read as Much as can. Once arrived there needed to Change my plans. The place is perfect, The staff is really awesome, and the best thing is the location. It is located upstairs of kiva bar. Where everything happens. I met lot of nice people include the staff and we party for more than 8 days. As much as we can. I got the book for other occasion. If you want party with low cost, this is the place. Perfect

Great time!

The hostel here is in the best location possible and the a restaurant downstairs is amazing and cheap. Beware though that they only take cash, the club downstairs play music VERY loud until 3 AM and there is no community room to hangout with the other guests. Our room was fairly clean, but the bathroom was disgusting. There was also a very moldy smell... Not sure I would return to Hostel Marinero.

• 3rd Jun 2015

Really liked this hostel and the 2 lads working there right now are brilliant. Location is perfect, really clean and so cheap! Shame there's no kitchen or common room, that would help but it's still a really good hostel even without these things. Obviously the club downstairs is very loud until 2ish in the morning but even on the nights I went to bed before it closed I had no problem sleeping with the noise. No wifi in the dorms either, just on the stairs but that's a minor issue.

Great hostel right in the heart of Hvar town! Staff was awesome(jimmy and Matt-u guys rock!) it's def loud at night with Kica bar being right outside the windows-so for sure a party hostel but for a few nights it worked out fine. Bummer that there is no real common area aside from the steps-and no kitchen is for sure a downfall but all in all a great place!

Amazing hostel due to the location and people working there. Their recommendations for things to see and places to eat and drink made our stay all the better.

• 21st May 2015

Such a great experience at this hostel. The people made it what it was. No real common room and wifi is only accessible on the stairs, but who wants to be stuck on their phone when they're on such a beautiful island?? Thanks to Jimmy for making it such a great time. The restaurant is to die for. Room is super clean and close to the activity of the town. Go here you won't regret it!