Hostel Marinero Reviews

9 Sveti Marak, Hvar, Croatia

Wow, this hostel is as Central as it gets. Located off the main square of Hvar, and behind the port, it is situated next to Kiva Bar, where the island hangs out at night till 2am. The hostel was really neat and clean. I was given an en suite 8 bedroom dorm and was impressed with the facilities and communal areas. The ladies who worked there (both of them were called Antonija) were really nice and helpful. Only downside is if you want to sleep at night this is not the place because of Kiva Bar.

brilliant location! Don't expect a quiet place, it's directly above an insane bar, which was good, if you like loud drunken tomfoolery, which I do. Staff were awesome, Antonija was constantly friendly and smiling, even though I was massively annoying, she didn't crack. You have to sit on the stairs to get wifi, which is odd, but the people I meet whilst doing so made up for it. No communal area, save the bar downstairs...

Overall the hostel is one of the best in Hvar. The lack of kitchen

I knew this hostel would be loud, clearly stating its above a bar and reading reviews from others... but that being said, I felt like the dance club was in my room even with earplugs in... I only stayed one night and moved to another hostel. unless you are planning to go out every single night, I would suggest staying elsewhere.

Amazing, very well located, and the staff was awesome. I spent a really good time over there.

To change the location and everything. This is not hostel......

Really depends what you're looking for in Hvar. I was traveling with 2 of my girlfriends and this place was super easy. It's definitely clean for hostel standards and you can't beat the location and the friendliness of the staff. It's centrally located which is great, but if noise is a problem for you, you might want to reconsider. Also, the wifi doesn't work anywhere but the first and second floor. Other than that it was great and I would recommend it for groups of friends.

• 12th Aug 2014

This hostel is located just off the main square making it's location superb. The girls on reception were very helpful. The hostel is very noisy as it is situated above a bar which doesn't close until 2am and you can only receive wifi from the downstairs hallway in the hostel which is a bit of a pain! Overall a pleasant stay.

Great hostel, really clean, young people. If you're going to be in Hvar this is a great, safe, clean place to stay right in the center. The only thing I didn't like is there's not really a common area in any way, so it's kinda hard/unlikely to meet people that aren't staying in your room.

Amazing staff, drinks with everyone in the hostel every night! I wouldn't stay anywhere else in hvar again! Can't wait to go back!