Hostel Marinero Reviews

9 Sveti Marak, Hvar, Croatia

Wow, this hostel is as Central as it gets. Located off the main square of Hvar, and behind the port, it is situated next to Kiva Bar, where the island hangs out at night till 2am. The hostel was really neat and clean. I was given an en suite 8 bedroom dorm and was impressed with the facilities and communal areas. The ladies who worked there (both of them were called Antonija) were really nice and helpful. Only downside is if you want to sleep at night this is not the place because of Kiva Bar.

brilliant location! Don't expect a quiet place, it's directly above an insane bar, which was good, if you like loud drunken tomfoolery, which I do. Staff were awesome, Antonija was constantly friendly and smiling, even though I was massively annoying, she didn't crack. You have to sit on the stairs to get wifi, which is odd, but the people I meet whilst doing so made up for it. No communal area, save the bar downstairs...

Overall the hostel is one of the best in Hvar. The lack of kitchen

I knew this hostel would be loud, clearly stating its above a bar and reading reviews from others... but that being said, I felt like the dance club was in my room even with earplugs in... I only stayed one night and moved to another hostel. unless you are planning to go out every single night, I would suggest staying elsewhere.

Amazing, very well located, and the staff was awesome. I spent a really good time over there.

To change the location and everything. This is not hostel......

Really depends what you're looking for in Hvar. I was traveling with 2 of my girlfriends and this place was super easy. It's definitely clean for hostel standards and you can't beat the location and the friendliness of the staff. It's centrally located which is great, but if noise is a problem for you, you might want to reconsider. Also, the wifi doesn't work anywhere but the first and second floor. Other than that it was great and I would recommend it for groups of friends.

• 12th Aug 2014

This hostel is located just off the main square making it's location superb. The girls on reception were very helpful. The hostel is very noisy as it is situated above a bar which doesn't close until 2am and you can only receive wifi from the downstairs hallway in the hostel which is a bit of a pain! Overall a pleasant stay.

Great hostel, really clean, young people. If you're going to be in Hvar this is a great, safe, clean place to stay right in the center. The only thing I didn't like is there's not really a common area in any way, so it's kinda hard/unlikely to meet people that aren't staying in your room.

Amazing staff, drinks with everyone in the hostel every night! I wouldn't stay anywhere else in hvar again! Can't wait to go back!

Great location for the hostel and the restaurant is well worth a visit with the 10% discount you get as a hostel guest. Maybe what Marinero lacks is a common room or bar which most hostels I've been to usually have. There are so many comings and goings each day because people normally spend only a few days in Hvar that a bar would make meeting club-goers a bit quicker and easier. Good hostel all the same!

• 24th Jul 2014

This one of the best hostels in Hvar, me and my friend had the best stay here, the two girls at reception were the nicest people I've ever met!! Can't recommend this place highly enough!!

• 19th Jul 2014

I love this hostel! Good location, cozy rooms, clean bathrooms, and excellent staff. I stayed here just because my friend was staying there. I couldn't thank her enough for brining me here. You get 10% discount for the restaurant downstair, which serve great food and awesome white wine (best I've ever had in Europe). The winery tour I paricipated was excellent too. 4 glass of wine with some fingerfood and bread

Being so close to Kiva bar was fab, we had a great time and the 10% you get off at the restaurant below is an added perk

This place felt like home and the staff were like family. Extended my stay and best decision. Beds are comfy, common room is the staircase where everyone comes to use wifi and just meet and hang out, restaurant is delicious and we get 10 percent off. It's right in the heart of town so you are footsteps from everything. Kiva bar is downstairs and doesn't quiet down until 2am. Boat rental and wine tour are must dos. Georgie, Megan and Antonija were the best hostesses! I love this place.

The staff people are amazing and helpful. The only problem is that the comun are is the stairs haha! But it is kind of funny too.

Absolutely fantastic hostel. Staff were welcoming and extremely helpful with tips on what to do, room was clean and spacious and we highly recommend the attached restaurant. The bar just around the corner is also a great place to go. Loved the location and the staff were willing to take care of our bags after we'd checked out. Wish we'd stayed longer!

We loved our stay here! The girls at reception were lonely and so helpful and it was a great location rift above be bars! Also he restaurant attached is amazing and the 10% makes a difference p

• 29th Jun 2014

Hostel Marinero was fabulous. The staff was fun, outgoing and made you feel right at home. Additionally, the hostel was clean, safe, in a great location and made it easy to make new friends. I highly recommend this hostel!

The best location in Hvar Town, fantastic staff, fantastic food in the restaurant and as a added bonus you get 10% discount. Also loved that the staff took me down to Kiva bar for a 'welcome shot' . Hostel was cleaned every day and the bathrooms were more then adequate. Will definitely tell my friends and would definitely stay here on my next visit. Thanks again staff at Marinero :)