7.9
Very Good 244 Total Reviews
7.9
Very Good 244 Total Reviews
Hostel Marinero Located at 9 Sveti Marak, , Hvar.
Croatia
Hvar 21450 9 Sveti Marak
79% 244
43.1725876 16.4402246
    Rooms available

• Brazil, Mixed Group, 25-30
15th Sep 2016
6.6

The hostel is well located, close to restaurants, bars and a lot of other things. It's right up to the Kiva Bar, which stays openned until 2 a.m., so if you are not looking for party, don't stay there. There was no one in the reception when I got there, we had to wait to do the checkin. In fact, in a lot of times, the reception was empty and the doors are always open, there's no security. They didn't put me in the room that I reserved, it was changed. Wouldn't recommed this hostel.

• Turkey, Female, 25-30
13th Sep 2016
2.9

Too noisy, no internet on the floors, dirty bed sheets, dirty bathroom. We have stayed in a 4 bed mixed room and the men who stayed in our room disturbed us

• England, Female, 18-24
11th Sep 2016

Lovely staff very clean and the closest you can get to the main bar! We had a good stay here

• Brazil, Female, 25-30
7th Sep 2016
5.4

I booked for me 3 days and my friends booked apart of me, for 2 days. When We arrived there, there was overbooking with my friends and they suggest us to go to another hostel that was completely different! In this second hostel there was another group of frinds that the same overbooking had happened too! We asked the girl from Marinero 'a receptivos to send a e-mail ordering give us the money the money, but I am sure it will work.

• Australia, Couple, 18-24
2nd Sep 2016
5.7

The location is exactly in the port perfect walking distance to everything...this was the only good part about the hostel. They overbooked us TWICE in the one booking, my boyfriend and I had to sleep in the same tiny dorm bed one night even. The Internet is the worst of any hostel I have ever stayed at. There is no common area beside the staircase. Main nightclub scene literally in front and underneath the hostel so despite the ear buds on arrival if your a light sleeper, don't expect to get any

• England, Female, 18-24
1st Sep 2016
8.0

This is a party hostel. If you want to chill or even sleep then don't stay here. Other room mates were being sick throughout the night and the noise is so loud as there is a club underneath. A good place to meet other travellers- wifi is very bad, you have to chill on the stairs. If you want a refund then you pay a fee. I didn't want to stay as long because it was too loud for me but I don't think that was respected to be honest. Shower was small and you have to pay for a padlock for lockers!

• Portugal, Male, 25-30
25th Aug 2016

Awesome hostel! Pros: very good location, very clean, rooms are big and comfortable,huge locker, staff is very friendly. Restaurant Marinero is great and good value for money Cons: the hostel is located on top of the most crazy bar of the town, so if you want to rest forget.. until 2AM there is too much noise. Wifi sucks, the only way to use it is to stay in the stairs. No common area at all, but everyone stays in the stairs (using the wifi). Definitely would come back there.

• USA, Male, 25-30
22nd Aug 2016
8.0

Overall good Hostel. The key is the location. Perfectly placed near all the bars. Don't stay here if you are trying to sleep, but let's be honest if you come to hvar you aren't trying to sleep. Not very social but easy to meet people because the WiFi didn't work in the room, so you have to sit in the stairs to use it. Also the rooftop terrace was closed to guests against what was advertised. Another plus is the 10% you get from the restaurant which was my favorite meal while there.

• Ireland, Female, 18-24
20th Aug 2016

Great place, best location on Hvar! Clean beds and nice bathroom facilities, helpful staff and nice people. Highly recommend.

17th Aug 2016
7.7

The staff and the location are perfect! But it has no kitchen and no wasching machine so it was difficult because HVAR is a expensive island