Hostel Marinero Reviews

9 Sveti Marak, Hvar, Croatia

Although there is no common space, the stairway is actually a fun place to hang out and proved to be quite social. The bar downstairs is obviously noisy but they don't try to hide that fact, it closes down right at 2:00 and is perfectly quiet after that. Beds are comfy, location is unreal. Would definitely return

The Marinero Hostel is amazng! Althought there isn't a kitchen, it has a good resutairant!! The staff is so helpful!!! It doesn't have comum area, but everyona stays in the steps and the atmosphere is so cool!! Hvar is incredible 😊😊

Great location ! Right in the center of everything. No kitchen. Bathrooms and rooms were clean with AC in dorms. No common area besides the stairs literally. Right next to a very popular bar that plays great music but if your trying to sleep you won't get any.

Lovely helpful staff. Nowhere to hang out other than the stairway, in fact if your bed is not on level 1, you have to sit on the stairs to use the wifi. Towel like sand paper!

Had a great stay with 2 friends! Made a lot of new friends there who were absolutely brilliant!! Looking forward to going back already!!

• 8th Sep 2015

The hostel is great, although I think a common room would be really useful in helping people to mix.

What an awesome hostel! The location is the best in town - right in the heart of the nightlife and only a few short steps away from the main square. I was travelling solo and got to meet so many cool people here! Staff were amazing and helped me arrange some fantastic activities - renting a boat for the day with a group that I met at the hostel was a highlight! I can't wait to come back again soon!! Thanks again for having me Marinero :)

• 30th Aug 2015

fantastic staff !! lovely clean rooms with comfy beds and the best location on the port, wifi isn't the best but works down at reception. Loved our stay here !

My stay at marinero was amazing. Myself and two girlfriends stayed three nights and didn't want to leave! The rooms are spotless and thoroughly cleaned daily. Big lockers are provided so we didn't have to worry about our belongings. The staff are super friendly and welcoming and gave us some fabulous recommendations. The food at the adjoined restaurant marinero is delicious and we even got 10% off our bill as hostel guests. Best of all is the location - right in the centre of Hvar!! Loved it!!