Hostel Marinero Reviews

9 Sveti Marak, Hvar, Croatia

Great hostel, really clean, young people. If you're going to be in Hvar this is a great, safe, clean place to stay right in the center. The only thing I didn't like is there's not really a common area in any way, so it's kinda hard/unlikely to meet people that aren't staying in your room.

Amazing staff, drinks with everyone in the hostel every night! I wouldn't stay anywhere else in hvar again! Can't wait to go back!

Great location for the hostel and the restaurant is well worth a visit with the 10% discount you get as a hostel guest. Maybe what Marinero lacks is a common room or bar which most hostels I've been to usually have. There are so many comings and goings each day because people normally spend only a few days in Hvar that a bar would make meeting club-goers a bit quicker and easier. Good hostel all the same!

• 24th Jul 2014

This one of the best hostels in Hvar, me and my friend had the best stay here, the two girls at reception were the nicest people I've ever met!! Can't recommend this place highly enough!!

• 19th Jul 2014

Being so close to Kiva bar was fab, we had a great time and the 10% you get off at the restaurant below is an added perk

This place felt like home and the staff were like family. Extended my stay and best decision. Beds are comfy, common room is the staircase where everyone comes to use wifi and just meet and hang out, restaurant is delicious and we get 10 percent off. It's right in the heart of town so you are footsteps from everything. Kiva bar is downstairs and doesn't quiet down until 2am. Boat rental and wine tour are must dos. Georgie, Megan and Antonija were the best hostesses! I love this place.

The staff people are amazing and helpful. The only problem is that the comun are is the stairs haha! But it is kind of funny too.

Absolutely fantastic hostel. Staff were welcoming and extremely helpful with tips on what to do, room was clean and spacious and we highly recommend the attached restaurant. The bar just around the corner is also a great place to go. Loved the location and the staff were willing to take care of our bags after we'd checked out. Wish we'd stayed longer!

We loved our stay here! The girls at reception were lonely and so helpful and it was a great location rift above be bars! Also he restaurant attached is amazing and the 10% makes a difference p

• 29th Jun 2014

Hostel Marinero was fabulous. The staff was fun, outgoing and made you feel right at home. Additionally, the hostel was clean, safe, in a great location and made it easy to make new friends. I highly recommend this hostel!

The best location in Hvar Town, fantastic staff, fantastic food in the restaurant and as a added bonus you get 10% discount. Also loved that the staff took me down to Kiva bar for a 'welcome shot' . Hostel was cleaned every day and the bathrooms were more then adequate. Will definitely tell my friends and would definitely stay here on my next visit. Thanks again staff at Marinero :)

Loved this hostel! The staff were so friendly and even came out with us! Fantastic location, but it's noisy until around 2am so wouldn't recommend if you are looking for peace and quiet.

This is the best hostel in Hvar!!!!! Antonija and all the staff made me feel like home away from home!!!!! Totally recomended!!!! And they have the best food in the island for good price too! Hope to go back someday!!!!

• 15th Jun 2014
  • Chile

Fantastic location, cool staff, great hostel!

If you need quiet to sleep stay away, as there is a bar right underneath that does not quiet down until 1-2am. Other than that It was a great hostel. Clean, nice. and the workers go beyond their job to help you out.

• 10th Jun 2014

Excellent hostel and staff! Really clean and comfortable! And it also has the best location. The only negative point is that it hasn't a kitchen, but they have a great restaurant downstairs with a lovely staff! Thanks very much Antonia and people from the hostel and restaurant, you had made our stay in Hvar much more enjoyable! :D

Great place to stay!!

Lovely place, Antonia was great, so friendly and helpfull. We loved the hostel, the atmosphere and all around, definitly a place to return. Thanks Antonia