Hostel Marker Dubrovnik Old Town Reviews

Svetog Djurdja 6, Dubrovnik, Croatia

I travelled out of season and was expecting a quiet hostel but this was excessively quiet with no apparent common area. If all you want is a quiet hostel then it's fine and the staff were great.

No common room, 3 stools in an aisle are not a common room, sorry. Expensive but next to old town.

Location could not have been better, a minute from Pile Gate, and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful.

Very kind, helpful staff. Fantastic location close to great swimming cove & to Pile Gate! It is also next to where kayaking trips start!

Good location, although it can be a bit loud in the evening and early in the morning. Also, no A/C, so it can get quite warm during the summer/fall.

Hostel is in central location. Right outside of the old city. Everything is pretty much in the walking distance. Hostel is clean and secure. Rooms have lockers. Staffs and owners are very helpful and provide good travel tips and are friendly. Only thing is hostel does not have a good room to socialize with other travelers. They do have a place where people can hang out but it is just a hallway with few chairs. If they add common room, that would be great. They do have free wifi. So,that was grea

Expensive. Perfect location. Good stuff. Clean. No space for socialising.

Brilliant location right by the Pile gate, close to a small beach and near the bus stop to take you to the main bus station. The staff upgraded our room as well free of charge.

In an expensive city that has become so commercialized due to its grandeur, this hostel is a beacon of authenticity. The owner and the staff were very nice and you can`t get a better location: the gates of the Old Town.

• 11th Sep 2015

I absolutely loved it here. Upon arrival, I was greeted and welcomed by an amazing and extremely friendly receptionist who explained everything really simply! It was such a great location, so close to all Old Town spots and beach and my room was so awesome! I loved this hostel and will definitely be back in the future.

• 10th Sep 2015
  • Norway

staff were very friendly and helpful. EXCELLENT location close to private beach and 1 minute walk to old town. rooms didnt have much space for bags etc but lockers were big. good air conditioning. comfortable beds, bunks were solid. quiet area so easy to sleep.

I stayed here the first time based on a recommendation in Lonely Planet, and found it to be one of the best hostels in Croatia. It's in the centre of Dubrovnik Old Town, so everything you need and want is in walking distance.Staff was incredible! Puno hvala.

• 9th Sep 2015

Great location and the staff were very friendly!

• 8th Sep 2015

Great hostel with a great staff. They provide you with towels and a locker which is a nice plus. Also the staff is really knowledgeable about the places to go and see in the city and gave some really great recommendations. Happy with our stay here.

• 7th Sep 2015

Coming to Dubrovnik we had only planned on staying one day but our stay at the Marker Hostel was so good that we had to extend our stay. Great location right next to alot of the main attractions in Dubrovnik. The cleanliness of the hostel was of high quality. The staff also provided an amazing amount of assistance and are always keen to help! Would definitely stay again. Thanks alot to all the staff!!

• 6th Sep 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

They kindly picked us up from the airport in air conditioned van and brought us to the hostel. Check in was quick and easy. The location is amazing as it is very close to the main spots . The staff were very friendly and helpful so don't be afraid to ask where anything is in Dubrovnik.

• 6th Sep 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Staff were great, accommodation in great location, clean and with good wifi throughout. Not a party hostel if that is what you are after.

Stayed here a night before sailing. Our set of rooms where located in another building. When we arrived before checking the took our bags (wont for after you check out) however they did not allow me to go use the toilet cause I wasn't checked in. They the. Said they wouldn't do my laundry as I was only there a night (this was asked at 1pm)

My friend and I love Game Of Thrones so we added a day to our vacation in Croatia just to visit Dubrovnik/ King's Landing. It was well worth it! Hostel owner Marko and his staff added greatly to the overall brilliant time we had. Even non-fans will enjoy the fabulous Old Town and the charm of this unique city.Thanks!

• 4th Sep 2015

Hostel fits perfect for Game of Thrones fans like me. Next to King's Landing, Dubrovniks unique architecture, seaside charm, UNESCO World Heritage. Staff was friendly and property spotless clean. See you next year, guys!

• 3rd Sep 2015