Hostel Marker Dubrovnik Old Town Reviews

Svetog Djurdja 6, Dubrovnik, Croatia

very nice staff, excellent location, rooms a bit old but generally clean

Fairly standard hostel experience - only the basics provided, friendly hostel staff, excellent location.

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • India

Great place!

You don't want to sleep in dorm.

The location of this hostel was excellent but that was about the only positive to this stay. The kitchen was a sink and half a stove, we were told there was a common room yet never managed to find it. The room was cramped and there was only four lockers for a five bed dorm, leAving me without a locker ad the staff unwilling to do anything about it. The staff were also very rude, I could not believe the service that I got for the amount I paid. By far the worst hostel I have stayed in.

Small good hostel, good location, nice staff. Marco is a very cool guy, chill and helpful. Popeye is nice too but less polite. Not very good common place, but I was lucky and my roomates were all travelling alone, so I met a lot of people. Good wifi. Good lockers.

Pretty close to the center, I stayed in a 4br dorm and it was alright. I only wish I didn't have such a smelly guy in my room or the whole stay would have been perfect but he was so incredibly smelly it pretty much killed it. The common area is just a kitchen, so not much of a place for socializing unless you meet someone in your room but still quite center to the gate. Highly recommend the kayaking tour right outside of the hostel, with X adventures!

The owner was a very, very kind man and helped us learn a lot about Dubrovnic. He knew the location of all the hotspots and the hole in the wall places. Had a great time with my stay.

• 27th Jun 2014
  • Switzerland

I can't say enough good things about Marker. The staff,location,the Pile Bay,the atmosphere..it's really easy to meet people here, and I'll never forget my stay here!

• 27th Jun 2014
  • Belgium

Great location, very friendly staff, tidy rooms and facilities. We were really satisfied with the hostel and would recommend it to anyone!

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Finland

Marco who was working at the reception is so sweet and helpful! Always making jokes and giving good advice, great guy. The location is really good and the only thing I could have wished for more was an air conditioner for the room.

The location of this hostel is great! It's literally 2 minute walk to the old town and the staff there are very helpful in terms of providing advice on where to go, things to do!

The staff guys were amazingly nice, and the location couldn't be better!

Markova is the. Est host we have come across, so helpful. His staff also carry on his fine hospitality. We stayed 3 times as we travelled around Croatia.

Excellent place highly recommend the cliff bars in the old town also good for cliff jumping there we will be back

Average place, due to the cost. Would expect more for the price. No atmosphere or common room. Beds and toilets fine.

Nice team, perfect place near the old town, 50m from small beach, had a nice stay.

• 14th Jun 2014
  • Switzerland

Very nice place!

Stayed in the main part of the hostel Located just outside the old city walls which was perfect! Amazingly clean bathrooms and very friendly staff. Would most definitely stay here again if I was going back to Dubrovnik!

• 14th Jun 2014

Perfect location for sightseeing. Near the city walls but just beyond a quiet bay away from the hussle and bustle. We had been sailing round the islands on a yacht and just wanted a bed that wasn\'t bobbing up and down so we could spend a couple of days seeing Dubrovnik before we flew home and this was ideal.

• 6th Jun 2014