Hostel Marker Dubrovnik Old Town Reviews

Svetog Djurdja 6, Dubrovnik, Croatia

Igor was very rude and intimidating. Room was tiny far too small for 4 people. Airconditioning was extremely loud.

Dear David.Thank You for Your nice review.If You arrive every night at 4 AM drunk,make a noise and ignore all house rules and wake up all another guests than is no chance to be kind with You.Even that You have to leave Our property cause of troubles that You made with to Us,Even the provider let You to write Your,,real´´´ critic ,we will not change Us.We care about the people who staying with Us.You are always welcome but as a person who respect also another people.

Hostel is in a terrific location which is crucial in Dubrovnik because most places require a bus or long walk up/down elevation. The staff was extremely friendly and willing to help you find places and recommend their favorite spots in the city. The only downside is the hostel is small so they are unable to store your bags past checkout. You must go across the street and pay for lockers. This is clearly communicated to it was not a surprise to us, it's just unfortunate they do not have space

We love this hostel. The staff are incredibly nice and helpful (laid back, great sense of humor), the tour was awesome (as are the guides), and the location is central in Old Town area. By far, the most helpful staff member was Marko, who greatly enhanced our stay and put up with us. He also helped us change our reservation at the last minute.Recommended!

• 2nd Sep 2015

Warm welcome by excellent owner and staff. Very good location, comfortable and clean accommodation.

• 1st Sep 2015

The room was basic, the AC were those portable ones, there was no ventilation in the rooms, we ended up with bad coughs. We also had previously booked for an extra 2 nights on our stay but shortened the stay, we noticed that we were charged incorrectly and brought this up to Marco, he had overcharged us 30eu, he was not happy about this, argued with us for hours, and eneded up kicking us out at 10:30pm on our last night, we had even called Hostelworld and they had advised him we were right

The appeal of this hostel is entirely in its amazing location - it's pretty cramped and in my case, two dorm rooms (ten people) were sharing one toilet and shower, but it's right outside the gates to the Old Town, so that's really what you're paying for. If you're willing to stay a ten minute shuttle outside the Old Town, you can get much nicer accommodation that is more spacious, has a pool, etc. for half the price. Depends what you're looking for.

Marko and Igor were excellent. Some of the hardest working hostel owners I've met. They go nonstop and are always willing to lend you a helping hand be it finding a place to eat, or figuring out what to do for the day. Can't thank them enough for their hospitality. The location is excellent, the rooms and the facilities were clean. Definitely recommend staying here for anyone heading to Dubrovnik!

You pay for the location, hostel itself was OK. Beds were comfy and everything was clean. It's a bit tricky to find the reception when first getting in, because it is about 100 yards from where the two hostel dorm buildings are. Staff was very helpful, even showed us a couple more private beaches on arrival. Could use some more activities to get some of the travelers together and meeting each other, fortunately having an outgoing dorm room made the trip much more entertaining.

Really enjoyed my stay! Most friendly staff i have encountered in my travels! Marco is the biggest sweetheart! The only shame is the bunk beds are pretty short so if you're on the bottom bunk you can't sit up in bed, but that wasn't really a big issue. Thank you so much!

Dubrovnik is so expensive so finding a hostel with a reasonable price was difficult. The location was perfect but the staff was ok. Check out is at 10:00am which was a huge hassle because I had a late flight. They told me they wouldn't store my bag but ended up caving. I wanted to go swimming and use the shower after I already checked out but they wouldn't let me. Anyway, not the best place I have ever stayed in.

I must say the best hostel I've ever stayed so far. Marco and Egor were amazing. They make you feel like home. The location is perfect just outside the Pile gate where everything is. Very clean and you get towels also. The staff will tell you where to go and be able to enjoy your stay. I love it and I'm coming back. Thanks guys, it was amazing.

Placed in a beautiful location and close to everything. Staff were very friendly and welcoming. They give you free towels for the beach if you need it plus sun lotion. The rooms are air conditioned. You must take your own lock with you for the lockers. Very secure hostel and clean and very helpful with information. Really enjoyed my stay.

Cannot recommend Hostel Marker highly enough. The staff were so incredibly helpful, friendly and welcoming. Made us feel immediately at home. They also advised us on how to get to our next destination and helped us make the most of our short stay in Dubrovnik. Shared room was basic but very clean with great air con. Shared bathroom was very clean. Location was exceptional, under five minutes to the old town gates. Would strongly recommend to anyone.

This hostel was clean and in the best location. The guys who work in the hostel are both exceptionally friendly and informative. They helped me get my lost wallet back from a tour company. Room was secure and the environment was perfect. So close to everything in Dubrovnik.

• 24th Aug 2015

Marco and Igor, are absolutely two of the best hostel managers I have ever had the privilege of meeting. They went out of their way multiple times to help/accommodate everyone who needed it. The rooms although small are well kept and modern. There are small kitchens where I stayed in the main form that seems to suffice for all your cooking needs. Overall,I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone traveling to Dubrovnik.

• 23rd Aug 2015

The guys running this hostel are uber friendly and make you feel welcome as soon as you check in . The facilities were clean and the room had a portable aircon that worked great . The only negative is that you can't leave our bags there for the day when you check out but besides that I'd stay there again .

Really friendly staff, fun atmosphere, clean facilities and fantastic location. Highly recommended!

• 23rd Aug 2015

Really enjoyed my stay here. Location was great, Dubrovnik Old Town is great .Easy walking distance to all places. Everything was clean and Marko & Igor were friendly and helpful. Spasibo, Hvala!

• 22nd Aug 2015
  • Ukraine

Location is amazing. Right next to the entrance of the old city and with great connections to the rest of the area. Personnel was very friendly and helpful. Fair balance of price and service.

Fantastic hostel, would of liked the option of having a tea or coffee in the room .

• 21st Aug 2015