Hostel Marker Dubrovnik Old Town Reviews

Svetog Djurdja 6, Dubrovnik, Croatia

Nice place in a great location but there was very little common space. Staff was helpful especially in navigated the expensive restaurants and tours in the Dubrovnik area. Rent kayaks by yourselves!

I stayed at this hostel with my sister for 3 nights. The location was pretty good as it was very close to the old town but it was still a bit out of the main area. The room was quite small and the bunk bed was not that comfortable. The owners were very nice and helpful though. They provided great recommendations and we're always around to answer your questions. I would say that I only really needed 2 nights in Dubrovnik and not 3.

• 30th May 2015

Easy to find, great access to everything, secure and staff most friendly and informative.

Hostel Marker is the place to stay in Dubrovnik! You are right outside the city walls, to easily escape the crowds but a 2 minute walk from the city. The rooms are actually in a bunch of different buildings RIGHT near this awesome tiny cove (which is also a major shooting location for GoT). It feels like a little neighborhood of backpackers, we called it "hostel alley". The guys who run the place are super nice, helped us with arranging a rental car and happy to see us every time. Recommended!!

Best people ever, everybody should go there!

The owner Marco was exceptionally helpful and welcoming. The entire staff was just amazing. The location can't be beat, no crazy stairs like you would have if you were in Old Town, and you're literally a 2min walk from the gate to Old Town. Can't say enough good things about our experience in Dubrovnik, and after having traveled Europe for 3 months now, you really pick up on what makes a hostel good. Marker is great! Highly recommend.

• 28th May 2015

This was my first time staying at a hostel and I had a great experience. The staff was super friendly, the place was really clean and secure, as well as easily accessible with bus. Would definitely stay here the next time I come to Dubrovnik.

• 27th May 2015

Really lovely friendly guys who work/run this place. Clean and perfect location but the fact its spread out over a few different houses means the atmosphere is lacking with no real comoon area where you can really chill. Kitchen was lacking in pots and pans/cutlery etc but at least there was a kitchen :L Lockers in the room for valuables which is really good and rooms aren't too small. wifi was rubbish though, very difficult to get any real connection

I have NEVER had a hostel experience so amazing!!! The staff, Marco, Igor and Jimmy, were some of the best people I have ever met. They truly cared about their guests, from their heart. From offering Rakia to the guests to laughing in the alleyway all night, it was a non-stop pleasure. You will not regret staying here!

• 25th May 2015

Great hostel. Marko and Igor were by far the friendliest hosts we met over the course of our travels - very friendly and welcoming, and happy to share their extensive knowledge of the area. Only slight disappointment was that the hostel was not located in the old town itself, but just outside Pile gate. It was only a 30-second walk so it was still a great location, but from the description I was expecting it to be in the old town itself.

Probably the best hostel I've stayed at! The owner was beyond friendly and super helpful! He lent us umbrellas when it was raining and held our bags when it was technically against policy and gave us great recommendations for restaurants and attractions! Highly, highly recommend this hostel! The only downsides was that there was 7 people to only one washroom so there was a bit of waiting and the atmosphere wasn't super lively. The buildings were separate so it was a bit difficult to meet people.

• 24th May 2015

Had a brilliant stay at hostel marker in Dubrovnik. Right near the bus stop for the main city gate, so although not inside the city walls, as close as you can get, set in a quiet neighbourhood right near a beach too!! Staff were very friendly and knowledgable about their beautiful city!!

Location is prime. The staff there are great. They take the time to help you and will try to accommodate you the best they can. Wifi was really glitchy, probably the only downfall.

One of the better hostel experiences I have had, and I have had plenty. All guys are super friendly!. From allowing me to check in late to specific informations about Dubrovnik, they really went the extra mile to help me out. Everything is really clean and it gets mopped everyday so you don't have any dirt at all! A lot of young people in the area too. Awesome stay thanks so much!

• 22nd May 2015

Thanks for everything. I wish you all the best;)

That place has the perfect location right in the old town. The staff are incredible and they always want to help you and make your stay better. The internet connection is really good and this the best hostel I ever stayed. I surely recommended it !

Very nice hostel in Dubrovnik. Staff were super friendly and helpful. Nothing really bad to say about it or that I would chang. Would definitely stay again!

• 21st May 2015

The staff was friendly and we got good informations and tips. It was not nice that the people from the next room were loud at the middle of the night and we could not sleep. The room was also very humid and in the bathroom were mould.

• 20th May 2015
  • Finland

Very hospitable staff. Secure place for women . Would recommend for everyone who is staying in Dubrovnik.

Marko was very helpful as were the other 2 guys I met, even though its not peak season it was busy, we had a full room. I like the location and I'm very familiar with Dubrovnik so for me this was important. I would stay here again which is a good thing to say, if fact I am next week again. WIFI not good at all that is my only complaint and even though they reset it, everyone as in guests agreed. Its a hike so if you are mobility challenged it will be difficult but that goes for the whole city.