Hostel Marker Dubrovnik Old Town Reviews

Svetog Djurdja 6, Dubrovnik, Croatia

Everything was excellent! The atmosphere was really welcoming and it was easy to meet people. The room was spacious and clean. Best location. Extremely friendly and helpful staff.

This wasn't the cheapest hostel we could have stayed in (still, by no means the most expensive) but the location and cleanliness just made it a really pleasant stay. The rooms run from this hostel are spread across a few buildings so I can only speak for the building we stayed in, but the bathroom was lovely and spacious, the rooms were clean, tidy and the wi-fi was pretty consistent. If you're after a nice little room that's obviously been well looked after then I'd definitely recommend it.

Great hostel, split between a few houses just outside the old town, but along the beach. Really comfortable and clean, not at all like a broken down place like they tell you it is. Would definitely stay there again.

I loved this hostel. There are a few buildings very close to here that are also part of this hostel (so location is good on all of them). I was in the one where the office was and it was very clean, big lockers, excellent shower that stayed warm even after I got in after 4 people showered a long time. Good kitchen supplies and excellent owner or manager who was incredibly helpful and looked after all guests like family (thank you Marco!). He/hostel has info on EVERYTHING to do and see. STAY!

Ideal location—right outside the Old Town! Not a lot of ambiance in the way of a common room so may not be the best choice for solo travelers looking to make fast friends at the hostel, but if you're traveling with friends or are cool exploring Dubrovnik on your own, absolutely awesome. Great staff, too!

Staff were lovely - Marco, the owner, was really nice. Great location as it is next to a lovely bay and is not noisy at night, but it also right outside the old town walls and a minute away from the nearest night club. Very friendly atmosphere. Only complaint was that the wifi only seemed to work in the doorway/outside of the building. Overall very enjoyable stay - I would go back!

The staff made everything perfect. If you're goint there, I assure you'll have an awesome experience in Dubrovnik.

• 26th May 2014
  • Poland

Perfect location, friendly staff, clean rooms. I would stay here again.

Very good value, clean premises and very helpful staff.

• Argentina
  • All Female Group, 41+

Great hostel and super friendly staff!

• 25th May 2014

Wonderful wonderful place! It truly felt like staying at someone's house. We felt so welcome and the owner is was lovely, making recommendations and taking the time to tell what to do. If you're looking for something well-located, quiet but with the possibility to meet other people in a nice environment, go there ! Thank you!

• 25th May 2014

Very friendly and helpful -would definitely recommend

• 23rd May 2014

Great easy place to get to in front of the old city............so easy to meet people while staying here.........The quality of the kitchen was bad when I stayed here as well as power outages occasionally but that didn't effect me too much. Wish it had a common room as I often do when staying at places.

It was comfortable, clean and great value for money. Will always recommend people to stay here

Really nice place with great atmosphere. The staff is super helpful - they help arrange great tours of montenegro, and take people out every night. Really well located within the old city, and dorms are like small apartments, with kitchenette

Marco is a star, he's so helpful and welcoming. The location is STUNNING, right in Pile Bay. Clean and comfortable. Wifi strong, shower amazing. Will definitely recommend to friends.

I don't know why this hostel got such as many great references.owner gave me two choices of beds,even though he gave others more. he INSULTED me about key thing  (I told him I left a key in locker and I asked him if I should bring it to him.then he said "its ok".After that,he started complaining against me because he couldn't find it or something.but the key was there as I said. and while i'm showering,someone unlocked the door  I've never stayed such a disguesting hostel like this one.

• 18th May 2014
  • Japan

Very good location, in the house I was in had kitchen facilities, also toilet/shower each floor. Often there was no warm water and the common areas were quite dirty. also there wasn't enough toilet paper.

• 18th May 2014
  • Estonia

Our second stay just to see Marco again :)

Great place. We came back on our way through again. Marco is really helpful and lovely. Very close the the old city and easy to get to.