Hostel Marker Dubrovnik Old Town Reviews

Svetog Djurdja 6, Dubrovnik, Croatia

The owner Marco was one of the nicest people I’ve ever met, he was very helpful and even encouraged us to leave for a couple days to go visit Lake Plitvice even though it cost him 2 nights stay. Great location as well, definitely recommended!

highly recommend!! excellent! Marco was great, location was great. Security great.

This hostel is a fantastic base if you want to experience Dubrovnik at a decent price.This is not a party Hostel but the location is perfect for everything since all the nightclubs are within walking range, and it is less than one minute from the beach.

• 1st Jun 2014
  • Finland
  • All Male Group, 25-30

I'd give the hostel itself 5 stars because it's very clean, perfect located and it's got good facilities (TV room,free WIFI,kitchen, good beds) nice staff and it's close to the bus station,old town etc but for my 7 days stay it was noisy 1 nights in my room(two crazy Australians,teen Canadian guy and one Singapore girl)and the hostel staff seem to do everything about it but it was hard to communicate with them .I'm sorry for the owner he didn't have any sleep.! I would come again.Thanks

• 1st Jun 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at hostel marker. the place was clean, staff was friendly, and location was amazing. The only downside was the hot water runs out quickly in the morning, and our ac didn't work very well. We would gladly stay there again if in debrovnik. .

Good hostel in a great location, right next to the old town.

Everything was excellent! The atmosphere was really welcoming and it was easy to meet people. The room was spacious and clean. Best location. Extremely friendly and helpful staff.

This wasn't the cheapest hostel we could have stayed in (still, by no means the most expensive) but the location and cleanliness just made it a really pleasant stay. The rooms run from this hostel are spread across a few buildings so I can only speak for the building we stayed in, but the bathroom was lovely and spacious, the rooms were clean, tidy and the wi-fi was pretty consistent. If you're after a nice little room that's obviously been well looked after then I'd definitely recommend it.

Great hostel, split between a few houses just outside the old town, but along the beach. Really comfortable and clean, not at all like a broken down place like they tell you it is. Would definitely stay there again.

I loved this hostel. There are a few buildings very close to here that are also part of this hostel (so location is good on all of them). I was in the one where the office was and it was very clean, big lockers, excellent shower that stayed warm even after I got in after 4 people showered a long time. Good kitchen supplies and excellent owner or manager who was incredibly helpful and looked after all guests like family (thank you Marco!). He/hostel has info on EVERYTHING to do and see. STAY!

Ideal location—right outside the Old Town! Not a lot of ambiance in the way of a common room so may not be the best choice for solo travelers looking to make fast friends at the hostel, but if you're traveling with friends or are cool exploring Dubrovnik on your own, absolutely awesome. Great staff, too!

Staff were lovely - Marco, the owner, was really nice. Great location as it is next to a lovely bay and is not noisy at night, but it also right outside the old town walls and a minute away from the nearest night club. Very friendly atmosphere. Only complaint was that the wifi only seemed to work in the doorway/outside of the building. Overall very enjoyable stay - I would go back!

The staff made everything perfect. If you're goint there, I assure you'll have an awesome experience in Dubrovnik.

• 26th May 2014
  • Poland

Perfect location, friendly staff, clean rooms. I would stay here again.

Very good value, clean premises and very helpful staff.

• Argentina
  • All Female Group, 41+

Great hostel and super friendly staff!

• 25th May 2014

Wonderful wonderful place! It truly felt like staying at someone's house. We felt so welcome and the owner is was lovely, making recommendations and taking the time to tell what to do. If you're looking for something well-located, quiet but with the possibility to meet other people in a nice environment, go there ! Thank you!

• 25th May 2014

Very friendly and helpful -would definitely recommend

• 23rd May 2014

Great easy place to get to in front of the old city............so easy to meet people while staying here.........The quality of the kitchen was bad when I stayed here as well as power outages occasionally but that didn't effect me too much. Wish it had a common room as I often do when staying at places.

It was comfortable, clean and great value for money. Will always recommend people to stay here