Hostel Marker Dubrovnik Old Town Reviews

Svetog Djurdja 6, Dubrovnik, Croatia

The hostel is minutes from the Old Town, so location as ideal. However our room was in a separate building another few minutes walk away. This meant that there was little opportunity to meet other people at the hostel. Kitchen and bathroom were clean, lockers seemed secure, and we were given towels. Staff are friendly friendly and eager to help. There may be better hostels in less convenient locations.

the room we stayed in was not at all like the pictures. only one bath for the entire floor, and was really dirty.

Marco, the host, really takes care of each individual guest -- he's full of good tips about the town and how to see it, and makes this hostel into what it is

Lovely staff and great location! Would stay there again

Best placed hostel in Dubrovnik. Run by friendly local entrepreneur Marco who is brilliantly attentive at helping tourists & answering their questions. So close to the old town it's easy to take breaks from all the intensive sight seeing. Has everything you need providing you're happy eating out, but that's easily outweighed by the central location.

The dopest host. He's the man. Great private room, excellent bathroom - like hottub ermmaagawddd. Just outside the old wall which is perfect. Not really common places to hang etc. But was good for only two nights. Thanks guys

• 21st Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

Right in the heart of the action, close to a small beach, easy to meet other travelers in kitchen area and offered lots of tours. Wifi didn't work for me so I had to go to the reception building most of the time to get connected. There isnt much privacy in the toilet or showers. There were 2 shower stalls and no doors just shower curtains but you could lock the main door if you were the only person in it. Staff knowledgable and gave good recommendations. You're paying mainly for location.

Our stay here was wonderful. The staff is so polite and friendly. Very centrally located!

• 20th Jul 2014

Great staff, great location,the best service ever we had. Definitely recommend.

• 20th Jul 2014

I went with my daughter and her 2 friends, we reserved two bookings. My own experience is good to excellent. Yet, it's a big mistake to reject the girls, who are only 21, traveling far away from HK. Although the booking was mistakenly made 1 month earlier, they needed a room! You rejected them the last available room, instead gave to 4 boys who came later than them. I can't imagine if I didn't join their trip ... they were helpless! It was too dangerous. What kind of hospitality you had provided

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Hong Kong

Hostel is literally 2 minutes from the city walls - great location. Facilities are clean and organized, AC is welcome after long hot day. Worth noting that the business is a collection of rooms in three houses, not an all-enclosed hostel per se, so don't expect the lively hostel atmosphere as people are spread around.

Amaising location in the old town, 5 minutes from bus, walled city, food and a secluded small beach. Very helpful and friendly staff. Highly recommended!

Very nicely located hostel in Dubrovnik (just a 5 minute walk away from old town and the city walls). They had AC which was awesome for summer and the staff (Marco and Igor) where very very friendly and helpful. It lacks a bit of common room areas (only kitchen) but it's ok, you can still have a very good time here! Would definitely recommend

Hostel Marker was everything we could've asked for in our short stay in Dubrovnik, the staff is extremely friendly and will help you with whatever you need. Definitely recommend staying here as it is right outside the old Town

the location is perfect, right at the entrance of Pile Gate and close to the bus stop. the staff is very nice and helpful, they gave me tips about the city that were very useful. even though the bathroom is shared, it was always kept very clean.

Good location. Staffs are nice. Walking distance to sightseeing and the bus stop.

Excellent! Great location, excellent staff, and clean rooms. Best budget option near the old town!

This is the place to go to while you are in Dubrovnik. Really close to the old town and everything that is fun to se. We traveled as a couple and had the private room. The room was pretty small but it did fit a 180cm wide bed. Strongly rekomend this place for everyone that value location! Cheers // Tintin

Excellent staff- really cheerful and friendly and willing to do anything to help us out! Had one issue with the doorknob falling off our dorm door, trapping us in-but someone from reception came to free us quickly! Kitchen with basic supplies is available, and this is the only common area, but still good for meeting fellow travellers. Perfect location just outside pile gate- literally one minute walk to get to old town. Hostel is slightly run down, but would stay again given location/staff!

I liked the staff and location. I did not like my room which was dark and had no air circulation. I felt a little claustrophobic as a result. I am a person who needs light and air.