Hostel Marker Dubrovnik Old Town Reviews

Svetog Djurdja 6, Dubrovnik, Croatia

Amazing hostel at the Old Town, close to everything in Dubrovnik! Mr. Marker and Martin very helpful and nice staff. I would definitely stay there again!

• 10th Aug 2013

The location is very convenient. The hostel is found just outside the walls of old town Dubrovnik. Marco and Martin who run the hostel were wonderful. I would recommend this hostel to everyone!

• 10th Aug 2013

Incredibly dirty bathroom on the second floor. And the smell of dirty socks.

The location of the hostel is excellent; right beside the old town. However the hostel is very expensive considering the facilities. One shower and bathroom for two 8 bed dorm rooms is not enough. Lack of plugs in the room meant charging phones in the corridor. Central air conditioning system meant we couldn't adjust the temperature in our dorm. The rooms are nice and clean but I think additional facilities should be added to justify the price charged.

We stayed in the Hostel Marker for 4 nights and it was perfect for what we wanted. Location was ideal just outside the Pile Gate and you could be in the old town in 5 minutes walk and right beside the bus stop. There are also 2 local beaches within 5 minutes walk which was perfect with the summer heat. We had a 4 bed private room on the top floor which was great with 2 seperate rooms, Marko and Martin were really nice and helpful.

• 9th Aug 2013
  • Scotland

Couldn't be more helpful gave us loads of advice and insured we had an excellent stay in Dubrovnik!!thoroughly recommend

• 8th Aug 2013
  • Northern Ireland

The location excellent. The room and shared bathroom were clean. The only problem I had was that there was no hot water in the shower on my second day, since the staff is in another location it was difficult to let them now and fix the problem. Besides that, everthing ok. The atmosphere is more of a hotel than a hostel since there is no common rooms, so it was very quiet.

• 6th Aug 2013
  • Argentina

Location a few blocks outside the old town is convenient, but it's next to a bar that noisily disposes of bottles early in the morning (7ish). 6 people per room need more than one charging station! People have to hope their timing is good to charge phones etc! (Many hostels now have one per bed. This hostel charges 300 kuna per night so I was surprised by this deficiency.) Also, having just one bathroom for 6-8 is challenging; having to share it with another room's occupants was tedious.

Every stuff is so kind and nice and location is perfect just a minute from the bus stop in front of the old town.. I arrived there early in the morning, but it was so easy to find. The staffs were more than helpfull and show Us everithing that we needed.They let me know how to enjoy Dubrovnik in detail, so I had really good stay there

• 6th Aug 2013
  • Belgium

The best thing about this hostal is the staff, specially Martin, he was really helpful during our stay and gave us a lot of good tips. The location of the hostal is also great, right next to the gates to the old city. The room was a little bit smaller and we had a bunk bed instead of two separate beds but in general it is a good place to stay when visiting Dubrovnik.

• 5th Aug 2013
  • Spain

Matias is a good guy and hotel is perfect.Dubrovnik is very nice place with great history but too bussy at this time so I would come back again but not at the high season.Thank You guys.

• 4th Aug 2013
  • Chile

A lovely place to stay in Dubrovnik, located right in the old city but out of the way of all the traffic and noise. The owner was extremely friendly and helpful; he helped me to book all my activities while in Dubrovnik and outside. Dubrovnik is to bussy at this period and I did't enjoy a lott the old town and also Hostel is very bussy so the staff do more than great job. Definitely recommend.

• 4th Aug 2013

This hostel was in a perfect location- right next to the old town but not inside so you can avoid lugging your bag up too many steps! Also only 20 metres from a small swimming bay would definitely stay here again.

• 31st Jul 2013

Attic rooms hot, claustrophobic, no outlook. Portable air conditioning in passage between 2 rooms so no benefit, very noisy. Fan in bedroom insufficient to keep rooms cool. Had own bathroom but insufficient water pressure so at times no water! Pressure adjusted but no difference. No fridge/kitchen facilities - in another building so inconvenient to use. Main door could be opened from outside - could reach through bars at side of door. Overpriced hostel in good location.

There's no doubt this hostel is in a superb location, but for 40euro per night the facilities were way under par. There were only two tiny, crappy bathrooms between around 20 people, and I had to sit in the cramped, hot kitchen to get a wifi signal. The managers are lovely, but really need to spruce the place up to justify their prices.

Martin was very helpful and friendly; was able to answer all of my questions! Working AC in room. High school sized lockers. Only gripe was the price but it was high season (July) and the location is right in Old Town. I would recommend this hostel to others.

Staff really helpful and friendly, basic accomodation at an elevated price

Staff fantastic. Really helpful and made our stay all the better. Dubrovnik isn't cheap, so was good to have the value for money spots pointed out, also very helpful with onward travel advice. Rooms are very clean and a locker is provided so security is not an issue. The little harbor by the doorstep is great for having a few beers late into the night. Highly recommend.

Very good location right beside pile gate but near to beach. Preferred staying outside the walls as it was quieter at night but still only a 2 min walk into the town center for the bars and clubs.i would stay here again although showers often ran out of hot water.

Only stayed one night wished I had the chance to stay longer.. Seemed lovely the staff were very helpful and the location is out of this world.

• 18th Jul 2013