Hostel Marker Dubrovnik Old Town Reviews

Svetog Djurdja 6, Dubrovnik, Croatia

No common room so hard to meet anyone. Air conditioning was useless and we weren't trusted to hold the controls ourselves. Nice bathrooms.

Overall was a great experience. The owner Marco and his staff were very friendly and went out of their way to answer any questions or help with any problems. Location is one of the best as it is a short walk from Old Town and near restaurants, grocery stores, kayaking and a beach.

• 7th Jul 2014

Great staff, thanks for all your help

The staff at this place is absolutely amazing! The location is unbeatable just outside the walls of Old Town. I booked a 6 person and was put in a 5 person which is always a nice upgrade. Towels are provided and they will even switch them out if you are there for a few days. A little pricey but worth it to save in transportation costs to and from the city.

For a hostel, this is a very clean and well run place. The rooms are very standard for a hostel and the prices do reflect that. We stayed 4 nights in an 6 bed dorm.The beds were clean and quite comfortable and we were provided with towels which is always good.The bathroom was also clean.Location is perfect, very central and easy to find but not on a noisy street either.One major complaint is something which cannot really be helped by the hostel management: it is with the other guests who shared

• 5th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

It was awesome, in the heart of Old Town of Dubrovnik. Stay here, seriously. Staff couldn't not have been more helpful with helping to finds lost bags.

• 5th Jul 2014
  • China

very nice staff, excellent location, rooms a bit old but generally clean

Fairly standard hostel experience - only the basics provided, friendly hostel staff, excellent location.

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • India

A perfect located hostel with a really friendly and helpful owner who made our very short stay in Dubrovnik best as possible. There was a great vibe. Quiet and calm during the nights, even tough the hostel is located in the center.

Great place!

You don't want to sleep in dorm.

The location of this hostel was excellent but that was about the only positive to this stay. The kitchen was a sink and half a stove, we were told there was a common room yet never managed to find it. The room was cramped and there was only four lockers for a five bed dorm, leAving me without a locker ad the staff unwilling to do anything about it. The staff were also very rude, I could not believe the service that I got for the amount I paid. By far the worst hostel I have stayed in.

Location was great, but the dorm was small and there wasn't any common room so basically you couldn't hang out in the hostel. Staff members were helpful.

Small good hostel, good location, nice staff. Marco is a very cool guy, chill and helpful. Popeye is nice too but less polite. Not very good common place, but I was lucky and my roomates were all travelling alone, so I met a lot of people. Good wifi. Good lockers.

Pretty close to the center, I stayed in a 4br dorm and it was alright. I only wish I didn't have such a smelly guy in my room or the whole stay would have been perfect but he was so incredibly smelly it pretty much killed it. The common area is just a kitchen, so not much of a place for socializing unless you meet someone in your room but still quite center to the gate. Highly recommend the kayaking tour right outside of the hostel, with X adventures!

The owner was a very, very kind man and helped us learn a lot about Dubrovnic. He knew the location of all the hotspots and the hole in the wall places. Had a great time with my stay.

• 27th Jun 2014
  • Switzerland

I can't say enough good things about Marker. The staff,location,the Pile Bay,the atmosphere..it's really easy to meet people here, and I'll never forget my stay here!

• 27th Jun 2014
  • Belgium

Great location, very friendly staff, tidy rooms and facilities. We were really satisfied with the hostel and would recommend it to anyone!

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Finland

Marco who was working at the reception is so sweet and helpful! Always making jokes and giving good advice, great guy. The location is really good and the only thing I could have wished for more was an air conditioner for the room.

The location of this hostel is great! It's literally 2 minute walk to the old town and the staff there are very helpful in terms of providing advice on where to go, things to do!