Hostel Marker Dubrovnik Old Town Reviews

Svetog Djurdja 6, Dubrovnik, Croatia

I think the hostel is a little overrated and overpriced, it lacks atmosphere because the rooms are not in the same building. Rooms were tiny and wifi barely reached my room. Wouldn't stay again. Stay outside of old town for a better experience. Staff were very helpful though.

On arrival, reception staff were very busy but courteous. Stayed in a Twin Private shared bathroom in adjacent building to reception. Clean bedroom but no air conditioning in bedroom, only in hallway. On request,a fan was provided but this only circulated hot air around room. Otherwise ideal location just outside Pile gate with bus stop close by.

the hostel is in prime location. just a couple of meters from Pile gate old town. the staff were so friendly and gave us great tips on what to do in Dubrovnik in a couple of days time and pointed us out to the best restaurants to ear with reasonable prices. the private 3 bedrooms was a bit small but cozy and clean. would definitely go back

Everything you want in a hostel. The best thing about it is the staff - top notch service all round. If you asked me to pick out something negative I would really struggle.

• 3rd Aug 2015

Pretty good considering Dubrovnik is so expensive.

Stayed in the private double rm with shared bathroom. Only problem was that the air con was outside in the main corridor so there is no ventilation in the room if you close the door. Ask for a fan! The friendliest staff I have met in the hostelling world! Location is perfect. nice pebble beach right round the corner and a stone's throw from the old city attractions. Ask Igor for restaurants suggestions (pizza alley, Nishta for vegan or Taj Mahal) and the best gelato shop on the main strip.

Fantastic location. My only complaint was that the hostel (which appears on google maps) is a different location from check-in and there is no sign indicating that. Was not a good experience waiting in the heat to try to get in.

Definitely a top place to be in Dubrovnik !

• 28th Jul 2015
  • New Caledonia

Awesome staff and hostel vibe! My only wish is that the bathroom for the private rooms were cleaner. The shower would flood with water, but that's understandable when 6 people or so are sharing it. I would definitely recommend this place though!

Very central location , just by the bus station. Very friendly staff and the main kitchen is well equipped.

Overall amazing time staying here, despite the heat in Croatia. Thanks Marko!

• 27th Jul 2015
  • Hong Kong

hostel dorms were too spaced out, don't stay here if you want to meet new people. great location though

This was a great place and I highly recommend it, especially if your trip is long like my was. :-)

• 26th Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

Was a very handy location , very close to the old town, bus stop and beaches . Rooms were pretty cramped with 3 sets of bunks in a small area but other than that it was fine

Good location. Other than that the place is pretty mediocre for the price you pay.

The building I stay at (they have multiple) have one toilet and 2 showers for both male and female. Shower was not the cleanest. There are no laundry facilities (can pay for someone to do it though). Staff were helpful in telling you where to go and eat. When they told me the place to take the airport shuttle is a 7min walk I believed them. It's quite an uphill walk and you should buy your ticket in advance, def more than 7 min if you have luggage etc.

was happy with everything. great location. found the staff very helpful

Great location. Very friendly

Staff were friendly but not overly open or nice. The bathroom was pretty rank but I think the hot weather was making it worse. Bedroom was very basic but did the trick. Overall we weren't impressed but being in that beautiful city took the edge off. Probably wouldn't stay again but it is what it is.

Three person dorm was tiny, with a bunk and a 3rd bed which didn't wasn't really a real bed. The room also had mold growing on the roof. The bathroom we had to use didn't seem to get cleaned at all during the 3 nights we were there. Window couldn't shut because of how they have hooked up the aircon in the room so that's not safe. Wifi worked okay and aircon kept room cool but there the only pro's we could think off. Didn't feel like we got our moneys worth at all. Would not reccomend.