Hostel Marker Dubrovnik Old Town Reviews

Svetog Djurdja 6, Dubrovnik, Croatia

First sorry about my english but this hostel deserve a try! for my opinion the best hostel in the world.... its not like the others to party or something teenager people look for, we went with that idea to party in the hostel and drink, but when we arrived a guy named Igor receptionated us, this guy have a special place in heaven, i never saw a guy like him, he treated us like we have met for 20 years... he told us the best places to eat, to tourism, everything we need he was there to help us.

• 7th Jun 2015

Excellent friendly staff always willing to take the time to help out. The kitchen is very minimal and no real common area for all guests other than the room. Great location just outside the gates.

Amazing staff and location. they dont have night club, internet only works near the router, common area are almost not existing.

Fantastic location, and very comfy room. Really enjoyed my stay here

Very clean and tidy hostel. The rooms are lovely as are the shared bathroom .Near to the Pile-busstation so travelling in and out of the Old Town area is very easy AND for GAME OF THRONES fans it is also near to Fort Lovrijenac( King's Landing)It’s easy to see why HBO decided to film in Dubrovnik. With only a few alterations to the scenery the city was transformed into the world of George R. R. Martin Perfect location! Wish I could have stayed more.

• 3rd Jun 2015

This as great hostel experience. The facilities are good, the location is perfect, and the service from Marco and Igor is by far he best I had in Europe. They were so nice and so helpful with everything.

After a fantastic excursion to the Bay of Kotor and to Budva (Montenegro) we came back to Marko. Our second stay was just as good as the first. Great location, you can walk anywhere from here(Old Town, beach, bus station, shops). Awesome stay!

Nice place in a great location but there was very little common space. Staff was helpful especially in navigated the expensive restaurants and tours in the Dubrovnik area. Rent kayaks by yourselves!

I stayed at this hostel with my sister for 3 nights. The location was pretty good as it was very close to the old town but it was still a bit out of the main area. The room was quite small and the bunk bed was not that comfortable. The owners were very nice and helpful though. They provided great recommendations and we're always around to answer your questions. I would say that I only really needed 2 nights in Dubrovnik and not 3.

• 30th May 2015

Easy to find, great access to everything, secure and staff most friendly and informative.

Hostel Marker is the place to stay in Dubrovnik! You are right outside the city walls, to easily escape the crowds but a 2 minute walk from the city. The rooms are actually in a bunch of different buildings RIGHT near this awesome tiny cove (which is also a major shooting location for GoT). It feels like a little neighborhood of backpackers, we called it "hostel alley". The guys who run the place are super nice, helped us with arranging a rental car and happy to see us every time. Recommended!!

Best people ever, everybody should go there!

The owner Marco was exceptionally helpful and welcoming. The entire staff was just amazing. The location can't be beat, no crazy stairs like you would have if you were in Old Town, and you're literally a 2min walk from the gate to Old Town. Can't say enough good things about our experience in Dubrovnik, and after having traveled Europe for 3 months now, you really pick up on what makes a hostel good. Marker is great! Highly recommend.

• 28th May 2015

This was my first time staying at a hostel and I had a great experience. The staff was super friendly, the place was really clean and secure, as well as easily accessible with bus. Would definitely stay here the next time I come to Dubrovnik.

• 27th May 2015

Really lovely friendly guys who work/run this place. Clean and perfect location but the fact its spread out over a few different houses means the atmosphere is lacking with no real comoon area where you can really chill. Kitchen was lacking in pots and pans/cutlery etc but at least there was a kitchen :L Lockers in the room for valuables which is really good and rooms aren't too small. wifi was rubbish though, very difficult to get any real connection

I have NEVER had a hostel experience so amazing!!! The staff, Marco, Igor and Jimmy, were some of the best people I have ever met. They truly cared about their guests, from their heart. From offering Rakia to the guests to laughing in the alleyway all night, it was a non-stop pleasure. You will not regret staying here!

• 25th May 2015

Great hostel. Marko and Igor were by far the friendliest hosts we met over the course of our travels - very friendly and welcoming, and happy to share their extensive knowledge of the area. Only slight disappointment was that the hostel was not located in the old town itself, but just outside Pile gate. It was only a 30-second walk so it was still a great location, but from the description I was expecting it to be in the old town itself.

Probably the best hostel I've stayed at! The owner was beyond friendly and super helpful! He lent us umbrellas when it was raining and held our bags when it was technically against policy and gave us great recommendations for restaurants and attractions! Highly, highly recommend this hostel! The only downsides was that there was 7 people to only one washroom so there was a bit of waiting and the atmosphere wasn't super lively. The buildings were separate so it was a bit difficult to meet people.

• 24th May 2015

Had a brilliant stay at hostel marker in Dubrovnik. Right near the bus stop for the main city gate, so although not inside the city walls, as close as you can get, set in a quiet neighbourhood right near a beach too!! Staff were very friendly and knowledgable about their beautiful city!!

Location is prime. The staff there are great. They take the time to help you and will try to accommodate you the best they can. Wifi was really glitchy, probably the only downfall.