Hostel Marker Dubrovnik Old Town Reviews

Svetog Djurdja 6, Dubrovnik, Croatia

great location, just outside old town,was than one minute walk. Better than staying in old town. no more than 10 minute walk to any of the beaches with a little private one right next to the hostel. owners extremely helpfulw with places to go and see and advising budget food places that where still good

Great location and very helpful staff! No common area, and only 2 bathrooms make it a bit tricky at times. Staff smoke in the office at the front so it always smells smoky and a bit musty inside. Would be great to have mirrors in the rooms! Otherwise this hostel is pretty good!

great location , veay nice and helpful boss, the ketchen very good to use, except very small wc and shower room.

• 2nd Jul 2015
  • China

We loved staying at Hostel Marker. We were sad to leave. Igor was great. He was always helpful, showed us the map in detail and carried out bags. The room was quiet and it was a good size for 2 people. Very close to Pile bus station and everything you deserve in Old Town. Thanks

• 2nd Jul 2015
  • Singapore

My friend and I stayed here for 2 days and it was great. It is exactly like the description. It was very clean and much better than staying at a hotel. The kitchen had everything we needed to cook our own meals, it was enough space that we didn't feel like we were living on top of each other and we really began to feel like home there. Marco was very helpful to organize a car rental. The location is phenomenal, in just a few minutes walk you are right by everything in Old Town area. Great !!!

• 30th Jun 2015
  • Austria

Very happy. Would stay there again. Marco gave me one of the best welcome introductions that I have received in a long time.

Pretty much the best location for a hostel. 20m from the bus stop. but not noisy as it is near the water. Rooms were a bit tight but comfortable. We had an intruder make his way into the hall way and snoring his little trucker heart out. kept most awake then left. He used the air con remote and a paperback book as a pillow, bless! Great town.

Located in the very centre of Dubrovnik, less then 2-minute walk to the entrance of the old town. Super expensive but everything was fine. Neat showers and rooms. Not spacious overall but the atmosphere was cool in my room. Lockers available. The bed of mine wasn't particularly comfortable and sockets was miles away from my bed. Staff were helpful and friendly, good advise provided. Generally it was a good hostel though everything was overpriced in Dubrovnik.

The owners are literally some of the nicest guys I've ever met. Fantastic location and they are so so helpful with everything. Stay here.

The staff were super friendly and knew a lot about the area. it was always being cleaned and in an amazing location just outside the old town walls. No real common area so not much of an atmosphere but we had a couch in our dorm which was a nice touch. The kitchen was very basic but all i needed. Thanks for a nice relaxing stay after a crazy week on sail croatia.

Was fine to stay at and the location is amazing!! Marko (owner) was super nice and very helpful. Good stay overall.

Amazing!!! The hosts were super nice and it's two steps away from the entrance of old town. Perfect hostel!

• 26th Jun 2015
  • Spain

We stayed in an 8 person dorm and had the BEST time! When we arrived there was a small issue with me and my friend being in separate rooms, but the issue was sorted easily. Staff, particularly Marco were so helpful and friendly. Showers were great and were always clean. Never had an issue with noise and the location was amazing! It was so close to everything in Old Town.Will be back here and recommend to others on our travels.

• 25th Jun 2015

Easily the best hostel I've ever stayed at. Perfect location right next to the Old Town, short walk to everything you could want, and the best staff. As many other reviews have mentioned, Igor and Marko make this place. They are always helpful, friendly, and go out of their way to make your stay perfect. Always available to answer questions, give advice, and help you out when needed. Also, Dubrovnik is beautiful. I could not more highly recommend this place.

• 24th Jun 2015

Great location and amazing staff. They were always up for a chat and were always smiling. Definitely recommend this hostel

After we had finished watching Game of Thrones 5, my friends and I made a quick decision to visit Dubrovnik this year. After a short research we had found this Hostel and it fits perfect for us. It is next to GOT locations: Pile Gate, Minceta Tower, Fort Lovrijenac, Gradac Park and it is just 20 yard from the pittoresque bay. Hostel was clean and for Dubrovnik not to expansive. Marco (Owner) and Igor are perfect hosts and fluent English speakers. Well recommended.

• 23rd Jun 2015

A good place to stay with very nice and helpful staff. Clean room with good beds. We had booked a twin bedroom but when the staff learned that we were a couple they insisted on helping us move the beds together to make a makeshift double bed. Location is great, just 100m outside old town, approx. 50 m from a little beach. Only (small!) downside was that the wifi was not accessible from the room - but that's really a minor thing since it worked fine in the kitchen.

Very helpful and friendly staff. The room I was in (4 bed dorm) was very basic but had all the necessities. A guest broke the stove while I was there and I asked the staff about it and they took me to a working stove. I feel that they really go above and beyond. They want you to enjoy your time. The hostel is very close to the old town without all the crowds. About a 5 minute stroll to the gate. Very beautiful swimming spot 30 meters from the front door. I very much enjoyed my stay.

The location of the hostel is just fantastic! Literally walkable distance within 3min from old town, bus station and airport shuttles. The staffs here are so nice. They give u a lot of advice about tours and where to drink and eat!wonderul

• 22nd Jun 2015
  • China

Great place to stay. Just outside the old town gates and the room and bathroom were spotless. Marco and Igor are very accommodating and are great hosts. Will absolutely book here on my next visit to Croatia