Hostel Marmota Reviews

Tummelplatzweg 2, Innsbruck, Austria

We had a private room at this hostel, it was very clean and for a great price. The location is not bad, it is about a 25 minute walk into the old town. There are many cheap super markets along the way. There is also public transport that makes it shorter. The staff didn't have pamphlets for the events we wanted to do. But they were friendly. They have a silly policy about returning your room key to the desk if you go out at night. But we just took it with us anyway. Go eat at Cafe Toscana!

Very nice place! It is about 1.5 km from the town center, but there are so many public transportation options that it seems far closer. Beautiful view from the bedrooms, especially on the north side of the building.

• 15th Mar 2015

Great place. Was strange that there was only 1 key for a dorm.

I probably had the best sleep on my trip here in hostel Marmota. Bed was good, room simple but comfortable, warm and clean. Nice lounge downstairs and a kitchen to cook your meal. Only a bit out of way so if you don't have your own car it might be tricky to get here. And good value for money.

I wasn't expecting much based on how little we paid for this place, but I didn't really expect to be staying in what looked like an elementary school miles outside the city. If we hadn't decided to walk everywhere, we would've spent far too much money on public transport. That and the lack of towels in the bathrooms put a damper on things. But still a nice place, the atmosphere in the common room and overall state of the rooms left me feeling pretty good about our decision.

Pretty good location, excelent guest kitchen, kind of old rooms but super confortables and with everything you need. Doesn't have elevators, so you'll have to carry your luggage up the stairs. The staff is good. All ok. Great price for value

They didn't change the sheets for the new arrivals in my room.

• 7th Mar 2015

Good place for rest after a long hiking day! Confortable and big rooms with lockers, clean bathrooms, very helpful and friendly staff. Only one key by room is not a big problem, just use the locker if you feel insecure about it and stop claiming ;) There is a problem in WiFi to reach the upper floor, that's strange because I could get the signal 3 blocks away from the hostel; maybe some signal replicators in each floor would solve the problem :)

All of this hotel is great!! But the only thing is the location.I gotta pay 4.6 euro.

Clean hostel and nice stuff. By walking about 30 min from main train station and easy to find, so not far away but not in the center. Handicapped people can take a tram in front of the train station to near hostel (2 min walking from tram stop).

Although the hostel is not located downtown it is easily accessible with public transportation. The room was spotlessly clean and the staff was nice. In sum, it is good value for money. The only less positive comments that I have are that I paid extra 2€ on arrival (due to taxes or something like that) and the room did not have black outs so I would wake up as soon as the sun rose.

Great hostel and a great place to meet other travellers.

Poor wifi, the shower temperature was inconstant and lacked good infrastructure. Staff didn't engage with the guests.

Very welcoming, and a generally fine environment, but nothing special atmostphere-wise and located at the very edge of town. Shower alternates between ice cold and scalding.

The hostel is ok, but really far from the city. No restaurants, bars or any other place to eat around! The share rooms have only one key, so you also need to leave the door open whenever you are there. The night I've stayed, people were pretty loud, and no one made anything (even with 24h staffs and rules that you have to sign about silent, etc.).

The staff was really accommodating and very kind, I would strongly recommend backpackers to stay here for a couple days!

Bit out of ton, however very easy access to tram use. And with Innsbruck card u get free public transport and more so no need to worry about getting the correct ticket or tram. Its all covered. Lovely place.

Awful Hostel, I would not recommend it even to my enemy.

• 30th Jan 2015
  • Austria

Great hostel and staff!

It is a nice place to stay, a little bit far from the city center... Nice rooms, just maybe wifi in the whole building would be great.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4