Hostel Marmota Reviews

Tummelplatzweg 2, Innsbruck, Austria

Really great to have access to a kitchen like this ! Large and well-appointed and also clean and practice. The bathrooms are also very modern and clean with large shower.

• 18th Oct 2014

If I have to take a tram to get into town, the hostel should at least be in a nice area. This isn't. The common room is so poorly furnished you have to climb over furniture to get into booths. Kitchen has hot plates that are hard to control, no coffee machine, crappy pots and pans, few utensils. Security is poor. You might get a locker key if they have one, but most are missing. One key per room is a pain. Glad I didn't get bed bugs but heard of others getting them. I won't be back.

Innsbruck is small enough that the location a little outside of town wasn't a problem. Hostel was clean and had nice facilities. The staff was very helpful. Beautiful views and lots of parking!

This is probably the worst hostel EVER. Let's start with location. Highway thundering behind it, early morning garbage bins. On the other side there is a cemetery and crematorium..think burning dead bodies. No bar, no prepared food, and virtually no entertainment..unless you count the lame BBQs and "theme" events. The kitchen is so sparse it's tough for >1 person to cook and couldn't even find a bottle opener. Pans w/old nonstick coating peeling into your food. Instant coffee is all they provide

We loved the atmosphere of this place. The staff was young, hip, and fun, and the people staying there were great. The lockers had no lock, so that wasn't ideal, but nothing was stolen. The location wasn't at all ideal either (we had to take a few buses to get to the center of town) but it made for a great "see the town like a local" experience." Would definitely stay there again

It's Austria and nobody in the reception (all 3 shifts) can't speak in German...

Pros: Great staff, cleanliness, good atmos, big rooms, unbeatable value for money. Cons: Bit out of town, cant buy drinks / snacks on site, kitchen needs more work surfaces, only one key per room, whacky pricing structure. BUT overall though a great place to stay in Innsbruck. Why not put the price up by a euro and get individual keys cut?

The hostel could use individual lockers and the location was about a 30 minute walk from the train station. The staff was very helpful and never seemed bothered by a request. The atmosphere wasn't bad, it was just kind of bland, but clean. The price varied from day to day so the value depends on which day (I was there three days and not charged the same amount twice). Averaging the cost it out it was reasonable. My biggest concern was one key per dorm room and no private lockers.

• 5th Oct 2014

I was staying at the hostel for two nights this Oktober. Really enjoyed this experience. Among advantages are clean rooms, nice personal, access and close proximity to the City Center. However, the hostel has stupid pay system, they accept cash when checking in and at same time block the same sum of money on your credit card. Which was kind of handful for me, because i was staying in private with my family of three people,so they blocked an awefull lot of money. You gotta do smth about it, guys.

Very good staff and atmosphere! Just a little problem. When the staff is cleaning the room they get ALL towels, no mattering if they are yours or from the hostel and send to laundry. When I was leaving I found my towel in the floor about to go to laundry. I don't know what I would have to do to find it if I had got there 5 minutes later.

A very nice place not far from the city center. Very welcoming and helpful staff - we were surprised to find out they spoke Polish :)

좋아여 와이파이는 1층에서만됩니다 부엌이조금드럽긴했는데 그것만 신경쓰면 될듯 넓고 좋았음

Interesting price structure that didn't make sense and the staff didn't seem clued in but it was a good spot with a good atmosphere

Good hostel, with good possibilities to take trams that leave every 10 minutes. Big kitchen with everything you need. Good wifi. Clean and cosy!

People at the reception could not answer my questions very well. They seem confused when I ask for really simple questions. Some people stole my food in the kitchen so be careful. When I told the reception, the girl didnt seem to care at all. Wifi is just working downstairs. Approximatly 40 minutes walk to get to the city center. But the rooms were very clean, bed confortable and in general my stay was good.

Great hostel for backpackers - easy to socialize in the common room and the staff is very welcoming and helpful even though they're not local. You have various events going on almost weekly like BBQs and more. Location is on the periphery of the city, great hiking distance to the Ambros Castle. The city center is easily reachable by 10min train. Unfortunately, all the keys to the lockers in my room were apparently missing so you could only lock your valuables at the reception. Will stay again!

Usually I am very easy pleased with the places I stay at. However this place was CRAWLING WITH BED BUGS. And when I asked the staff member at the front desk what they were going to do about it, the rude and inconsiderate woman responded with "we don't have bugs" despite the fact that I was covered in bites. No compassion, no apology. Nothing. Was simply forced to pay almost €50 for a very very average 2 night stay. Take my advice, this place is not worth it.

What I found most enjoyable was the large rooms, very different from most hostels. Everything was pretty clean and the staff were great. I didn't have cash on arrival so they let me pay during checkout which was a huge help!

• 27th Sep 2014

Really great hostel. Will definitely be coming back. It may be a little out of town but it's only a 20minute walk to the train station, and the tram stop is just around the corner. Brilliant views from my bedroom window. The staff were really great and very helpful.

quite good and calm place. we have staied in privete room for 2 nights, we spend nice time there... I would adive to prepare breakfast by staff since there was no close places to have ready breakfasts there.. either there where big kichen u could prepare any thing u want for free... if u got time. ;)

« first « Prev 1 2 3