Hostel Marmota Reviews

Tummelplatzweg 2, Innsbruck, Austria

Most of the staff didn't speak German, which is kind of strange being in a German speaking country. They were neither too enthusiastic about their job, as it seems. but still helpful and polite. The room, bed and bathroom are nice and good for this price. u can not ask for more for only 13euros, i think. a nice feature is that u have 2 sockets at each bed. (at least in my room) the kitchen could be cleaner and more organized for my taste.

Staff seemed pretty friendly, but the hostel lacked atmosphere. Only booked for one night and after learning the second would cost 50% more, checked out the next morning. WIFI was awfully slow. All in all, does the job, but nothing memorable

The staff were very nice, assisting, friendly and were nice in offering the storage room for a night when we were not even staying there. The hostel itself was rather standard, the atmosphere was quiet and non and the far away proximity to bars to counter this was pretty annoying....mind you there indeed was a tram service nearby. The location to price ration is just too much except for Sunday and Monday nights. An oven in the kitchen, a nice lounge room with wifi and a TV+DVD would be good!

Terrible Wifi, but nice kitchen facility. A little far from train, but not a bad walk to see the city.

• 11th Apr 2015

Great value and location.

Good place to stay if you have a car with you. A bit away from town. The staff were just ok. Maybe she wasn't having a good day. Rooms were not that much to right home about. But overall pretty good for the price.

I was part of a group booking on Saturday, but due to a ski injury i had to head home early and stayed at the hostel on Tuesday. I tried to cancel my part of the group booking and was able to give the name of my friend that had booked it, but the member of staff insisted they needed an email from this person. I explained they were out of mobile contact until the Saturday as they were ski touring, but they wouldn't cancel it and I ended up paying for the unused Saturday night. Poor service

• 24th Mar 2015

My stay was good. I don't like that wifi only works in the common room. And I don't like that there is only one key per room, so the key must be left at reception when no one is in the room. You may as well have no key at all. Anybody could ask for the key tbh.

We had a private room at this hostel, it was very clean and for a great price. The location is not bad, it is about a 25 minute walk into the old town. There are many cheap super markets along the way. There is also public transport that makes it shorter. The staff didn't have pamphlets for the events we wanted to do. But they were friendly. They have a silly policy about returning your room key to the desk if you go out at night. But we just took it with us anyway. Go eat at Cafe Toscana!

Very nice place! It is about 1.5 km from the town center, but there are so many public transportation options that it seems far closer. Beautiful view from the bedrooms, especially on the north side of the building.

• 15th Mar 2015

Great place. Was strange that there was only 1 key for a dorm.

I probably had the best sleep on my trip here in hostel Marmota. Bed was good, room simple but comfortable, warm and clean. Nice lounge downstairs and a kitchen to cook your meal. Only a bit out of way so if you don't have your own car it might be tricky to get here. And good value for money.

Great staff and service. Very nice kitchen and supermarket and train station are very close. The hostel itself is on the edge of town, but the Tram station is only a few hundred yards away. Just like a hotel guest in Innsbruck, stay at Marmota gives you access to free transportation to the ski areas which is an amazing service and value. The only thing I can complain of is the stupid key system in place here. Just a huge hassle and massive security risk for items left in room. Very recommend

I wasn't expecting much based on how little we paid for this place, but I didn't really expect to be staying in what looked like an elementary school miles outside the city. If we hadn't decided to walk everywhere, we would've spent far too much money on public transport. That and the lack of towels in the bathrooms put a damper on things. But still a nice place, the atmosphere in the common room and overall state of the rooms left me feeling pretty good about our decision.

Pretty good location, excelent guest kitchen, kind of old rooms but super confortables and with everything you need. Doesn't have elevators, so you'll have to carry your luggage up the stairs. The staff is good. All ok. Great price for value

They didn't change the sheets for the new arrivals in my room.

• 7th Mar 2015

Good place for rest after a long hiking day! Confortable and big rooms with lockers, clean bathrooms, very helpful and friendly staff. Only one key by room is not a big problem, just use the locker if you feel insecure about it and stop claiming ;) There is a problem in WiFi to reach the upper floor, that's strange because I could get the signal 3 blocks away from the hostel; maybe some signal replicators in each floor would solve the problem :)

All of this hotel is great!! But the only thing is the location.I gotta pay 4.6 euro.

Clean hostel and nice stuff. By walking about 30 min from main train station and easy to find, so not far away but not in the center. Handicapped people can take a tram in front of the train station to near hostel (2 min walking from tram stop).

Although the hostel is not located downtown it is easily accessible with public transportation. The room was spotlessly clean and the staff was nice. In sum, it is good value for money. The only less positive comments that I have are that I paid extra 2€ on arrival (due to taxes or something like that) and the room did not have black outs so I would wake up as soon as the sun rose.

« first « Prev 1 2 3