Hostel Marmota Reviews

Tummelplatzweg 2, Innsbruck, Austria

Being an older hostel it does need some upgrading which I believe is happening already. Power points and small bed light would be an improvement for each bunk & internet in rooms. Hall way noise and the stairs were loud in my room 14 so I guess the walls are not that thick? Staff were friendly and helpful, and location is easy with the trams. Kitchen was busy but some nutter played with the temp on fridge so my milk was frozen! May be a note on fridge asking people not to play with controls? lol

Dear Guest, thank you for the review. Your opinion is really important to us and we will definitely take your advice into account when the hostel is renovated. Kind regards, Anna

Stayed for only two nights nothing terrible about this spot it is just pretty far from anything worth seeing. My room was clean and the staff was helpful.

Awesome hostel! Beautiful location, just a quick tram ride into the city centre. The kitchen is great and kept clean. Overall a nice stay for us :)

Great place to stay. The only problem with the hostel is it's on the outskirts of the city and away from the train station.

This is a solid hostel. I think I annoyed the guy at reception when I tried speaking German with him, which he apparently doesn't speak. It's neither here nor there. As a place to crash, it's great: you're away from the center of the city so it's quiet and you get the most marvelous view of the Alps. Plus you're near Schloss Ambras. The bathroom could have been a little cleaner - I got there late but there was hair/dirt in the corners that appeared to have been there a while. I'd stay here again

Very quirky hostel, we snowboarded in Seefeld and it was very easy to get to the train station from the hostel. Staff were super friendly. Great atmosphere in the common room, everyone sitting back drinking wine and recovering from a long day on the slopes! Would recommend anyone to stay here if going to Innsbruck.

Thank you for the review! :)

Good quiet hostel very easy to find, not worth 20 €. It is a 20 minute walk to town everyday. The staff are very friendly and helpful! The atmosphere is good, it has a nice common are and the kitchen is big enough for everybody. This is not a youth hostel so there was a lot of older people and 1 of them kept smoking in the room.

Thank you for the review! :)

Sooo overpriced for what you get. The bathroom was dirty, the Internet didn't work at all while I was there for 2 nights, and the location is out of downtown. It is an easy bus to get to the hostel though. For what they're charging they need to increase their facilities and add breakfast or something to make it seem worth it!!

Dear Guest, thank you for the opinion. Please be informed that 1) we are currently working on the internet connection and eventually it should be working in every room 2) Last weekend we suffered from internet connection's problem, luckily it finally works 3) Unfortunately there is no possiblity to serve the breakfast in our hostel right now but the breakfast will be available in the future - as soon as possible. Kind regards, Anna

There are several complaints about the location, but it was definetely not a problem for me. Until the tram station is a 4 minutes walk and to downtown only 10 minutes ride. The fact that the lockers and the bathrooms are in the room is a big plus! The only inconvenience is that the WiFi doesn't work outside of the common area.

Thank you for the review :) Please be informed that we are currently working on the internet connection and eventually it should be working in every single room :)

So, going step by step i think the hostel does have some issues.. 1) security: we were 3 and they gave us only one key. Also, there are no lockers in the rooms.. 2) location: the location is ok since we had a car, but by walking, is exactly 35 minutes from the center.. not too close 3) Staff: the stuff is very nice and helpful overall! 4) Atmosphere: average.. some people in the living room but could be better 5) cleanliness is good 6)Value: not worthy 20 E a night 6) no breakfast included

Dear Guest, thank you for the review. We do hope you enjoyed your stay in Innsbruck anyway, Kind regards, Anna

A little farther out but the best I could find in Innsbruck as far as hostels go. Staff was really helpful and everything was easy to do from there. All youth backpackers, great common area to hangout.

The location was horrible - it's at least a half hour and 5 euros from anything interesting. The staff was rude and unkind to me when I checked-in. There was no wifi in the rooms, and crappy wifi in the common room. The hostel computer was broken. The entire house felt very humid and moist - the room and especially the bathroom smelled like mold. The bathroom did not looked like it had been cleaned. Everything looked dilapidated and looked very low quality.

The water was cold! We were there in winter and it was terible taking a bath with cold water. The heating was poor as well. Cold room.

The hostel is a bit far from the center, but it's very good, the staffs are very nice, rooms are good, and there is a good common area with a good kitchen to use.

Pretty standard hostel for a very high price, but those are the going rates in Innsbruck. Good facilities and security, not an overly social vibe in the common areas. Easy to get into city centre by bus or tram.

The wifi was really bad

Dear Guest, thank you for the review. Please be informed that we are currently working on our internet conncection. Kind regards, Anna

I actually quite enjoyed my stay at this hostel. Yes, it's not located in the centre, but it's very easily reached by tram and there is an amazing location of walking trails literally right behind the property. The kitchen and common area were clean and cozy, but yes the wifi is only available there.

Thank you for the opinion.

well organized. a bit fa from city center

Thank you for the review!

When I arrived at the hostel the staff was very nice to me. They give me a delicious savory pie that I enjoy a lot because I had not eaten lunch (jaja). The location is amazing, because you can see the beatiful views of the mountains sourronding the city of Innsbruck. And the polish people is very nice. I enjoy a lot my trip there. The room was clean and cheerful.

Thank you for your opinion! Hope to see you soon in Innsbruck :)

PLEASE get rid of the rats on the keys. We understand that you don't want them to get lost, by its quite obnoxious for light-weight packers/hikers. We felt very juvenile with all the childish paintings and coloring book marmots. Besides personally disliking the atmosphere, the showers at night were cold, not enough toilet paper, the floors in our room hadn't been mopped, music blasting at 7 from reception was annoying when trying to rest for a hike, beds were uncomfortable, no light in hall.

• 24th Oct 2015

Dear Guest, I'm afraid that some information in your review is just not true. Firstly saying that a stuffed rat on the key is too heavy for packers is just ridiculous. Secondly no one is forced to color marmota if one thinks it's childish. Please be also informed that the showers are hot 24h, if there is not enough toilet paper, just ask for more at the reception, the floors are cleant every day and there is the light in hall - just needs to be switched on. Let me apologise for loud music at 7.

« first « Prev 1 2 3