Hostel Marmota Reviews

Tummelplatzweg 2, Innsbruck, Austria

Really great hostel. Will definitely be coming back. It may be a little out of town but it's only a 20minute walk to the train station, and the tram stop is just around the corner. Brilliant views from my bedroom window. The staff were really great and very helpful.

quite good and calm place. we have staied in privete room for 2 nights, we spend nice time there... I would adive to prepare breakfast by staff since there was no close places to have ready breakfasts there.. either there where big kichen u could prepare any thing u want for free... if u got time. ;)

The staff here are absolutely lovely and really welcoming. Whilst the hostel is a long walk from the center, it does have amazing views so that negates the walk.

Great hostel! Stayed here for just one night last week and thought it was really good. From the reviews I expected it to be a trek from the station but it was SO easy to get to on the tram. The staff were really helpful, although the girl on reception was keen to speak English so I couldn't practise my German, and the reception is manned 24 hours. The atmosphere seemed friendly, although I barely spent any time socialising at the hostel. Would definitely stay here again and would recommend.

Weird key set up: only 1 per room, so it's always unlocked if there are people in it and up to the last person who leaves to remember to turn it back in...and only some room lockers have keys. Not great location: solid 15 minute tram ride from the city center. No breakfast included: go to "The Breakfast Club"--delicious food for cheap! Wifi only works downstairs. But the price was right, we met great people, all in all a good stay.

I had an absolutely incredible stay. The staff is very friendly and was even kind enough to host a bbq the first night. There's great atmosphere and you can meet very friendly people from all over the world. A little far from the train station but it's well worth it. Would definitely recommend it to friends.

The staff at this hostel are brilliant getting stuck in and socialising with the guests even did a bbq while we were there. Original plan was to stay two nights think we stayed 4 or 5 before deciding we really had to go

The hostel is not in the city center, but very easy to reach by tram. It's in a really quiet neighbourhood and not far away from the forest. The atmosphere was nice und the rooms also (I had a nice view on the Nordkette). The kitchen was not the cleanest hostel kitchen I ever cooked in, but in my opinion that was not fault of the hostel but of the people using it. I'd stay at Marmota again if I was staying in Innsbruck again!

A great hostel that's clean and you get your money's worth. The staff is very friendly and welcoming. It's a bit of a walk to town, but since it's on the outskirts the views are amazing.

It's on the outskirts of the city, but there are good views of the mountains. Close walk to the schloss, which has a nice garden. I met lots of friendly people here and had a good time.

• 21st Aug 2014

The location is further from the city center, in a really beautiful more rural place, but still accessible with public transport - for me a plus. It's beside a cemetery + cremation place. So it can be a bit creepy. It's high point would be the view from the front windows, which is not really explored... it's the view from the staircase, that goes to the rooms.

Nice place, nice surrounding. Quite a distance from city centre, you'll have to use the bus to get to hostel. Lockers were not offered upon check-in. As a result, someone lost a few electronic items and cash. Remember to ask for a locker key. Overall stay was nice, will stay here again if in the area

I'm really not one to complain about hostels but I was a little disappointed by this one. The price wasn't great, but due to summer season I accepted the pricier side. The frustrating thing was even on top of that the stay wasn't that great. For the first night the staff had some sort of gathering in the attic outside our door which only ended when another man, mastering the Austrian twang of German, let them know just how much we were all being disturbed. At least the sheets were clean!

Staff here are fantastic. So friendly and easy going. took us out on a night out and got us into bars/clubs for free. would highly recommend this place.

My friend

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to rate us. We hope to see you very soon again here in Innsbruck! Greetings from Marmota Hostel Team!

Staff were awesome, good place to meet people and chill out in the evenings. Bit far from city centre but amazing views of the mountains!

Dear Guest, Thank you very much for your kind words. It's always nice to hear that our guests enjoyed their stay. We hope to see you again in the future!

Fun staff and great vibes at the hostel. Annoying to log into wifi everytime but other than that, great place.

Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to rate us. We really appreciate your nice words and are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and discovered Marmota's vibe. We would like to apologize for the inconvenience with our wifi. We hope to see you very soon again here in Innsbruck! Greetings from Marmota Hostel Team!

Not a very inspiring vibe in the hostel, would also be nice if it was possible to buy some drinks/food

Nice place to stay and easy to get to via tram. It has hiking trails on it's back door step so was great for me. A bit annoying having only one key per room but the facilities and staff were really nice and having a kitchen is a great bonus.

Nice hostel. We took a bus from the main train station but I recommend taking tram number 3 since it is much easier. We stayed at a private room and it was super clean. The best thing was the bbq for dinner, we weren't expecting it and it made our day!