Hostel Marmota Reviews

Tummelplatzweg 2, Innsbruck, Austria

The hostel is way to find but quite far out of town when you have luggage. The hostel is near to supermarkets but that doesn't help when they close early. Everyone at the hostel was really nice and the beds rooms we're really good. Ensuite showers and toilets. My only fault would be that te kitchen was a little grubby.

• 16th Nov 2014

Made the most of the atmosphere, if you are outgoing enough. Stairs nearly break a leg because lights are not on all the time. You have to share 1 key between all in the room. Wifi was average as well in rooms. 15min bus ride into the city.

I got my laptop stolen here and the next day another guest got his iPad stolen from his room. Not really the hostels fault but they could improve their security by locking the outside kitchen door and/or card key entry to the main doors or rooms. The one key per room is weird. The hostel itself was good. Staff was pleasant and helpful, beds were comfy, and great place to met people...they could maybe clean the floors in the rooms once in awhile tho. I would stay here again.

This the best hostel you can stay the price , the location ,and access able for everything the staff and the people are great

The room heater was not functioning in my room. They charged me twice for the balance amount due from me. I gave them cash and they charged it from my card also. I had to write to them to get the transaction reversed. They never apologised for their mistake.

• 1st Nov 2014
  • India

Good place to stay, great kitchen facilities. Wifi only works downstairs and not in bedrooms.

The most you will enjoy will be the view... Although it is clean and spacious it is not a hostel you might revisit. It is literally the last house of the village. The plus is that the tram is around the corner but there are only one shop near by and you will need to buy tickets to and from the city centre as it is not in walking distance... which means EUR 3.60 additional cost every day... if it is more than EUR 10 it is no longer a bargain.

Really great to have access to a kitchen like this ! Large and well-appointed and also clean and practice. The bathrooms are also very modern and clean with large shower.

Marmota was a really nice hostel, there was nothing bad actually during my stay. There is a few things I would have liked i.e. laundry, WiFi in every floor, a bar, breakfast availability. Other than that, eveything was fine, helpfull staff, well-equiped kitchen, clan bathroom

If I have to take a tram to get into town, the hostel should at least be in a nice area. This isn't. The common room is so poorly furnished you have to climb over furniture to get into booths. Kitchen has hot plates that are hard to control, no coffee machine, crappy pots and pans, few utensils. Security is poor. You might get a locker key if they have one, but most are missing. One key per room is a pain. Glad I didn't get bed bugs but heard of others getting them. I won't be back.

Innsbruck is small enough that the location a little outside of town wasn't a problem. Hostel was clean and had nice facilities. The staff was very helpful. Beautiful views and lots of parking!

We loved the atmosphere of this place. The staff was young, hip, and fun, and the people staying there were great. The lockers had no lock, so that wasn't ideal, but nothing was stolen. The location wasn't at all ideal either (we had to take a few buses to get to the center of town) but it made for a great "see the town like a local" experience." Would definitely stay there again

It's Austria and nobody in the reception (all 3 shifts) can't speak in German...

Pros: Great staff, cleanliness, good atmos, big rooms, unbeatable value for money. Cons: Bit out of town, cant buy drinks / snacks on site, kitchen needs more work surfaces, only one key per room, whacky pricing structure. BUT overall though a great place to stay in Innsbruck. Why not put the price up by a euro and get individual keys cut?

The hostel could use individual lockers and the location was about a 30 minute walk from the train station. The staff was very helpful and never seemed bothered by a request. The atmosphere wasn't bad, it was just kind of bland, but clean. The price varied from day to day so the value depends on which day (I was there three days and not charged the same amount twice). Averaging the cost it out it was reasonable. My biggest concern was one key per dorm room and no private lockers.

• 5th Oct 2014

I was staying at the hostel for two nights this Oktober. Really enjoyed this experience. Among advantages are clean rooms, nice personal, access and close proximity to the City Center. However, the hostel has stupid pay system, they accept cash when checking in and at same time block the same sum of money on your credit card. Which was kind of handful for me, because i was staying in private with my family of three people,so they blocked an awefull lot of money. You gotta do smth about it, guys.

Very good staff and atmosphere! Just a little problem. When the staff is cleaning the room they get ALL towels, no mattering if they are yours or from the hostel and send to laundry. When I was leaving I found my towel in the floor about to go to laundry. I don't know what I would have to do to find it if I had got there 5 minutes later.

A very nice place not far from the city center. Very welcoming and helpful staff - we were surprised to find out they spoke Polish :)

좋아여 와이파이는 1층에서만됩니다 부엌이조금드럽긴했는데 그것만 신경쓰면 될듯 넓고 좋았음

Interesting price structure that didn't make sense and the staff didn't seem clued in but it was a good spot with a good atmosphere

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4