Hostel Masaya Santa Marta Reviews

Calle 14 04-80, Santa Marta, Colombia

Cuartos muy limpios, pero los baños pueden ser mas limpios. Aunque hay mucha gente, no es muy ruidoso. Camas tienen electricidad, luz y fan. Muchas areas sociales. Cada dia hay actividades planeados por el personal, pero nunca hay bastante comida para las clases de cocina. Clean rooms, though the bathrooms could be cleaner. Not very noisy. Each bed has a plug, light and fan. Swimming pool, balcony bar, pool table. Nightly activities which are cool but usually poorly planned.

Rooms are cramped with no aircon and staff can appear somewhat arrogant with their attitude Apart from that fantastic !

Thank you for your review ! About the air conditioning, only the dorms of 12 people do not have it, but each bed has a personal fan. The other dorms and private rooms have the AC. About the staff, we are trying to offer our services with courtesy and kindness ! But be sure that your remarks are noticed and will be transfered to our staff. Greetings from Masaya Santa Marta

like a hotel almost

Probably the nicest looking hostel I've ever stayed at. Stunning building with two pools, one on the roof with great views, decent bar, quite a chill vibe but good for meeting people. Really clean, activities every day, close to bars and restaurants. The dorm rooms were hot but the only thing that really let it down was one or two of the reception staff - that vile blond guy was consistently and astoundingly dismissive, rude and unpleasant.

Thank you for your review ! We are really sorry about what happened, we are trying to offer our services with courtesy and effectiveness. Be sure that your remark will have consequences as we are always trying to improve our services. Greetings from Masaya Santa Marta

Felt like a caged chicken in the beds. Rooms were so hot we couldn't sleep. Atmosphere was poor, people were very cliquey and unfriendly. Couldn't buy water!

• 28th Jul 2015

Best hostal I ever stayed

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • Mexico

Nice to have a curtain round the bed, but it was so hot and the fans dont do much. Otherwise no complaints, decent place.

Thank you for your review ! Have a nice day, Masaya Santa Marta

OK Hostel

When I arrived there was decoration work taking place however I found the staff to be informative and friendly. Excellent location and highly recommend.

Thank you for your review! Do not forget that you get a 10% discount on your second stay in one of our hostels Masaya (reservation at Masaya-experience.com or at the reception). Greetings from Masaya Santa Marta

Staff and location are great! Bathrooms were not clean and water from the showers would run off to the floor of the toilet and the sink.

Hello, thank you for your review ! We are surprised about what happened as the showers are cleaned one time each day. Greetings from Masaya Santa Marta

Amazingly beautiful property with 2 pools and great roof deck. Huge property with lots of common areas so not quite as easy to connect with others within the property. Staff is okay but not that engaged. For example, I had a shuttle come for me after I had checked out (bc I was leaving an hour after check out time) but had not left the hostel (they need to buzz you out to leave). It came 45 minutes early. The staff didnt go upstairs to the main common areas to call my name. Missed shuttle..

The dorms do not have AC and get very hot. The showers and bathroom in the dorms were rarely cleaned. The rooftop pool and bar were very nice and welcoming. It does get loud at night from the rooftop parties but also from neighboring hostels playing music too. Overall it's a party hostel!

Great stay there, good location, really helpful staff, nice rooms and services, great rooftop pool and bar.. Only thing someone was stealing my clothes and putting them on the balconies, this happened to other people I knew. Only some t shirts were stolen but it's just strange..

Hostel building and facilities (2 pools) are awesome! Unfortunately we had a few rude staff members that made stay difficult, this can happen anywhere though. Important to note that in the 12 bed dorm we stayed in none of our lockers worked AND the room has been broken into multiple times (it's on the street and can be climbed to)

Roof top swimming pool is a big selling point. Only issue was I heard something about thieves climbing up onto one of the balconies and stealing from the rooms. BUT nothing happened whilst I was there and my stuff wasn't stolen and it wasn't locked up.

The dorms don't have AC so the doors to the balconies are left open. Not surprisingly on Saturday night someone came into the dorms while we slept and stole almost all cell phones, iPads, and cash. My phone was under my pillow so someone stood over me while I slept and searched my bed and pants' pockets. What is surprising is that it happened the week before and no one at the hostel warned us. Their complete disregard for their guests' safety makes it seem like the hostel is in on it.

Hello, I can assure you it's the first time we get robbed and we analyzed very seriously and immediatly what happened and how. We are fixing issues, mostly on balconies to get safety's back. Sorry for the inconvenience, i can assure you we're as chocked as you are.

Having being recommended this place by many people, it was really disappointing. The staff were painfully slow and unorganised (it took over 30 minutes to check in then another 30 to sort out a bed that was actually empty) and there is no vibe at all. The dorm beds with compartments are good but the bathrooms are far too small for the amount of people. My friends were also robbed during their time here (from inside the dorm) and the police told them it is quite a common occurrence in this hostel

Hello, Thanks for your comment. First of all, it's the first time we got robbed and it's important to say that we analyzed the issue and are fixing it thanks to our camera system. Secondly, we're really sorry abot low check-in, maybe you were with a new person and it got long. Sorry for that. We're taking your comment very seriously, please come back and change your mind, our hostels are great!

Really great hostel. The staff were really friendly and helpful, and the dorm set-up was awesome: each bed has a curtain, personal fan, reading light and outlet. Two pools and a vibey rooftop bar with a lovely view, and the kitchen looked clean and well equipped. One thing that could be improved is the bathroom situation; the floors are always wet and dirty because the water from the showers doesn't drain away properly. Overall, the best hostel I've stayed at.

Thanks a lot for your comment ! We're glad to see you enjoyed our commodities. We've fixed plumbing issue so there's no wet floors anymore. Don't hesitate to come back, you get 10% off on your 2nd stay if it's a direct booking (website or front desk).

Nice hostel, in the middle of Santa Marta. However while I stayed here some people get robbed in the middle of the night. Sbody took the valuables of the people from the shelfs next to them, reaching through the bed curtains. The hotel was not really helpful with resolving the situation. Other thing is with the common area toilets. The flush is working on a random basis. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. So the cleanliness could be better.

Hello, sorry about that. First time we get robbed. We are doing everything we can to fix plumbing issues and to check every safety points of the hostel.

Disappointing. The hostel is a very attractive building, with two swimming pools, but there were serious plumbing issues while I was there. The en suite toilet did not flush well and the shower was more of a dribble, so it was difficult to rinse off soap and shampoo. Of the two toilets next door, one was flooded and the other had an overflowing waste bin and a blocked sink. The "superior" dorm was small and stuffy, as the air con came on at 10pm and there was no fan. The staff did their best.

Hello, Thanks for your comment. We take your comment very seriously and we already did a check of every plumbing issues. Thanks