Hostel Masaya Santa Marta Reviews

Calle 14 04-80, Santa Marta, Colombia

Highly recommended.

Slow check in, terrible breakfast, they never have water and somehow like saying now and make no efforts. The place itself is super nice but I wouldn't stay there again.

Great stay. Also would recommend their other hostel in bogota with the same name!

I really enjoyed my stay at Masaya it's one of the better hostels I've stayed in while in Colombia. I stayed in one of the large dorms. You get your own light, fan, outlets and curtains around your bed which gives you privacy. The hostel has a great layout and the location is excellent. There's a nice vibe in the hostel it's easy to meet other travelers but it wasn't a crazy party hostel which is really nice in my opinion. Highly recommended Masaya!

The sink in room 17 is terrible. I stayed here before and after Ciudad Perdida. The staff were nice and the facilities were good. They advertised a dinner but I never saw it served any night. They also advertised a cooking class that never happened. I don't think they should advertise fake things. There was one night where they only had light beer available at the rooftop bar. The curtains and 2 electrical sockets per bed were great.

Fun place, great staff

• 1st Dec 2014

Good Morning, Thank you to share your Masaya Experience, It is a pleasure for me and my team to read that you had a nice stay, enjoying the commodity of Masaya and its staff. We look forward to welcoming you back soon (get 10% off on your 2nd stay in a Masaya hostel). Follow us on Facebook : Masaya Hostels or Masaya Hostel Santa Marta ! Thanks again.

My experience in Hostel Masaya is the best hostel experience I've had!! The facilities are amazing and clean, you have curtains over your bed for privacy and a private fan, 2 pools, a great cinema room, and the BEST staff you can ask for! They'll help you with everything you'll need, and they'll do it with a big smile on their faces.

Hello Tal ! Thanks for your comment, we’re glad to hear that you love the Masaya atmosphere as its staff ! If you want to visit us again in Santa Marta or discover Bogota, you can get 10% off on your 2nd stay (2nd stay in a Masaya hostel). We would be very happy to welcome you again ! :) Keep enjoying your stay in Colombia and follow us on Facebook : Masaya Hostels or Masaya Hostel Santa Marta ! Thanks again !

Beautiful hostel in the centre of Santa Marta - looks like a 5* hotel. In reality though I didn't find there to be a lot of atmosphere and the facilities weren't the best. I'd definitely recommend the dreamer over this. Even when I stored my bags there the staff didn't seem to have a clue about who's bag belonged to who or what was going on. For the price it's a pretty place to stay one night but maybe not if you're looking for any social activity.

Hostel is really amazing, 2 swimming pools, very impressive interior but due to fact that we stayed only 1 night we couldn't really use all these facilities. First of all the swimming pools are closed after 10 or 11 pm. Why? That time I dreamed about relax in the pool after long and tiring day and I can't. Is this really loud? Especially on the roof? I don't think so... Big negative surprise was the fact that in air-conditioning room the AC is turned on...at 10pm and turned off in the morning!!!

Great hostel! When I arrived there was an overbooking so the girl found me another bed in a smaller dorm and charged me the rate at which the room was booked - excellent customer service. The kitchen is clean and it is located in downtown Santa Marta. The rooftop bar and pool would be nice to enjoy on a hot day - it was raining when I was there :(

Hello Jessica, Thanks for your comment, we’re glad to hear that you appreciated the Masaya atmosphere. If you want to visit us again in Santa Marta or discover Bogota, you can get 10% off on your 2nd stay (2nd stay in a Masaya hostel). Follow us on Facebook : Masaya Hostels or Masaya Hostel Santa Marta ! Thanks again !

Definitley one of the best hostels in the world! I stayed there almost 2 weeks and I just loved this place. The private rooms are hotel standard with private bathroom, TV, air con and fan. The common area is huge and over several levels. The staff is always friendly and give the best to feel you like at home (especial Monica!!). If I ever come back to Santa Marta, I will stay at Masaya for sure!

This place is more like a hotel than a hostel. We had a good bunch of people when we were there. The staff are helpful. The kitchen is good and the bar and swimming pool area help create a great atmosphere. The hostel is a great place to chill, and is a good place to base yourself when checking the attractions around Santa Marta.

Staff needs training. Beautiful toproof area,

• 24th Oct 2014

Good afternoon, Thank you for your comment. I've communicated your comment to the staff. We are pleased that you enjoyed the rooftop.

Loved the beds in the 12 bed dorm...you have your own curtains, light, fan and plug sockets. The kitchen is a an okay size and has enough facilities to cook. The two pools are execllent as are all of the seating and chill out areas. They have in-house travel agent which was handy.

Clean, luxurious and comes with 2 small pools and a friendly bar.

Hello ! Thanks for you comment on your stay. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the Masaya experience.

The Masaya Hostel is more like a hotel! Beautiful spacious

Good afternoon, Thank you for your comment !

One of the best hostel I have Been....i have a problem with mi reserve because it was not available and i have to use a twin room :( really big mistake...:...but the time there was amazing!

• 27th Sep 2014
  • Colombia

Thank you for your thoughts on your stay, we're very pleased to hear that you appreciated the hostel and the Masaya Experience ! Please accept our apologies for the mistake, and feel free to come back and continue to help us improve our service! We hope you enjoyed your stay in Colombia. (You can fin us on Facebook: Masaya Hostel Santa Marta or Masaya Hostels)

Didn't really like the social areas all that much so I thought if you were traveling solo it might not be the best place to meet new people but the beds in the dorms are amazing. Every bunk has its own curtain, a lamp, a shelf, two electrical outlets, a fan, and they're really comfortable. Best little private sleeping compartment of any hostel I've been. Other than that it's a fairly typical hostel with not the best social areas.

Brilliant hostel!

The kotchen has almost no dishes, so it is quite impossible to cook there. But beds in the dorms have their own fans, which is quite interesting and the lamp is an asset too :-)