Hostel Masaya Santa Marta Reviews

Calle 14 04-80, Santa Marta, Colombia

This hostel is just awesome! Thanks for everything!

The hostel is great! Has great facilities and I loved the curtains for beds which give you total privacy. I wouldn't recommend the breakfast they offer for those money you can make urself a much better breakfast. And the beach near the hostel is a no go .

We're very pleased to hear that you appreciated the Masaya facilities and the curtains of the dorms ! We are a bit surprised about your comment about the breakfast : every day, we serve a very complete breakfast which includes: hot drinks, fresh juices, eggs, bread, marmalade/butter, cereals, milk and fruits... We have a lot of good reviews about it. Discover our Hostel of Bogotá (with curtains too!) and get 10% off on your 2nd stay in a Masaya hostel. Follow us on Facebook : Masaya Hostels !

I used up a lot of superlatives in describing the Masaya Bogota in an earlier review but this one, the Masaya Santa Marta, is in an utter class of its own. Hotel-quality facilities, an army of cleaners, wipers and polishers working until late at night, personable and attentive reception staff, good dorms, an excellent kitchen, endless shady patios and lounges and, best of all, two plunge pools to cool off and chill out. I doubt if hostelling gets better than this anywhere.

Thank you very much for your nice review! We're very pleased to hear that you loved your Masaya Experience. We would be very happy to welcome you again and get 10% off on your 2nd stay in a Masaya hostel. Follow us on Facebook : Masaya Hostels !

Live music night was very busy and we couldn't get close, the next night rooftop bar closed at 10.30pm and we sat in the dark! Rather a quiet hostel with knowledgeable staff. Beds comfy with the extra bonus of double sided curtains and personal fan.

Thanks for your thoughts on your stay. We’re happy to see that our staff was helpful. Indeed, we have a no noise policy after 10 PM in order to respect everyone's right to a quiet night's sleep. Feel free to come back and get 10% off on your second stay in a Masaya Hostel.

Monika is amazing so friendly and so helpful. The hostel is well looked after and will store your bags safely for you while you go off exploring the surrounding area. It's quite hard to leave! No breakfast with dorms but plenty of options in Santa Marta.

Thanks for your great review ! We're very pleased that you appreciated the Masaya concept : the best comfort with a nice atmosphere and cultural activity every day. Don't hesitate to visit us in Bogotá, we hope that our personal will be nice as Monica ! And you can get 10% off on your 2nd stay ! Follow us on Facebook : Masaya Hostels.

This was such a disappointment. After an amazing time in Masaya Bogotá I was really keen to stay in the Masaya Santa Marta and what a difference. The staff were terrible. Unfriendly, really slow, unhelpful. It took almost 40 minutes to check in, they weren't able to give any recommendations, really rude - I wouldn't recommend this place! The rooms were a bit dirty and pretty cramped. There are much nicer places for better money - my regret is I had already booked on here and so had to stay!

Thanks for your thoughts on your stay. We’re happy to see that you had an amazing stay in Masaya Bogotá. I have to confess that we are a bit surprised about your comment about our staff, I've communicated your comment to the manager to keep improving our service ! Feel free to come back and get 10% off on your second stay in a Masaya Hostel.

Awesome hostel right in the centre. More like a resort/hotel based on the facilities. Pool in the courtyard and on the roof for cooling off. Bar lacked atmosphere while I was there and closed early but can't fault hostel for that. Beds are comfortable and have curtains, reading lights and power points. Would stay again.

Excellent hostel, efficient staff, clean facilities, free computers usage, plenty of open space and bar/kitchen/pool tables/sun deck on the roof. Highly recommend!

Love this hostel - it's more like a hotel. Two great pools to keep cool in, pool table, open air kitchen and a bar. Beds have drapes, their own fans, lights and plug sockets. It's very relaxing and just what you need before and after the lost City trek. I'd wholeheartedly recommend.

Hola, Greetings from Santa Marta, thank you very much for your great review. It is a pleasure for me and my team to read that you had an amazing stay, enjoying the Masaya Experience and the beauty of our Hostel of Santa Marta . We look forward to welcoming you back soon (get 10% off on your 2nd stay in a Masaya hostel). Follow us on Facebook : Masaya Hostels !

I enjoyed my stay here at Masaya due to the convenient location in the centre, rooftop views from terrace, friendly staff and boutique feel of this hostel. The beds have curtains for privacy and own sockets too. Unfortunately breakfast is not included though

Thank you for your nice review, we're very pleased to hear that you appreciated the Masaya facilities and the curtained dorm beds ! We would be very happy to welcome you in our Hostel of Bogotá (with good curtains beds too!) and get 10% off on your 2nd stay in a Masaya hostel.

Best hostel I've been to. Rooftop pool and bar are amazing. They threw a great st pattys day party with free green Jell-O shots and drink specials. Staff was really nice and went out to the bars with us. Private rooms are luxurious and dorm was nice too. Highly recommend! If you want the 10% off deal, you need to book through their website, not hostel world. Didn't know that so we didn't get the deal. Otherwise 10/10

One of the nicest hostels I have stayed in. It feels like a boutique hotel. Would recommend for anybody, we tried to stay for more time purely because it was so nice, bot because Santa Marta is a particularly good place but it was all booked up. Hoping to return in a few days. The only complaint was that having checked out the next day the staff were very keen to get us out and we weren't allowed to wait in communal areas before moving on to the next place, which is actually unacceptable.

Thanks for your great review, it's a real pleasure to see you had a nice stay enjoying the Masaya facilities. We are sorry for the inconvenience, it was a very exceptional situation which won’t happen again. Discover our Hostel in Bogotá and get 10% off on your stay !

I had a wonderful time at Masaya: the hotel is gorgeous, the staff super helpful. I enjoyed the variety of cultural activities organised every evening. In a word, this is where to stay in when visiting Santa Marta!

Thanks for sharing your Masaya Experience ! We’re happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and our cultural activities ! Come back or discover our Hostel of Bogotá and we'll give you 10% off ! Follow us on Facebook : Masaya Hostel Santa Marta or Masaya Hostels

Best place to stay in Santa Marta, superfriendly staff, nice kitchen, and really nice dorm with curtains around each bed.

• 17th Feb 2015
  • Sweden

Thanks for your great review ! We're happy to see that you were able to enjoy your stay in Masaya Hostel Santa Marta. Come back, we'll give you a 10% discount ! Follow us on Facebook : Masaya Hostel Santa Marta or Masaya Hostels

I loved my stay, the hostel (so beautiful!), the staff, the view !! The cultural activities at night are fun (Linda is fun!) and free.

• 6th Feb 2015

Thanks for your nice review, we’re glad to hear that you loved the Masaya Concept with its atmosphere, its staff, its cultural activities ! It’s a pleasure to read that you enjoyed the beauty of our Hostel of Santa Marta. Come back and get 10% off on your 2nd stay (2nd stay in a Masaya hostel). Follow us on Facebook : Masaya Hostels or Masaya Hostel Santa Marta.

I loved this hostel. I prefer stay in this hostel then walk in the city. The atmosphere was great for me.

One of the best and most comfortable hostels I've ever stayed at. The building is very beautiful, the rooms are spacious and super clean, beds very comfortable with individual lights and outlets. Bathrooms spacious enough, modern and very clean. There are two swimming pools, a nice rooftop bar, huge kitchen, pool table, great TV room, and lots of space to hang out. Staff are very friendly and helpful. It's more of a quiet and relaxed hostel. Loved staying thee and def recommend it!

Thanks for sharing your Masaya Experience ! It was a pleasure to have you as a guest and we are very pleased that you have appreciated your stay in our Hostel of Santa Marta. We look forward to welcoming you back soon (get 10% off on your 2nd stay in a Masaya hostel). Follow us on Facebook : Masaya Hostels or Masaya Hostel Santa Marta.

Roof top bar and pool are amazing

Thanks for your recommendation ! Come back, we'll give you a 10% discount !

Wifi didn't work on our floor but worked great everywhere else. Great Hostel!

Thanks for your review. Come back, we'll give you 10% off ! Follow us on Facebook : Masaya Hostel Santa Marta or Masaya Hostels

Beautiful property and high end facilities with a gorgeous rooftop terrace and well-equipped kitchen. Really appreciate the dorm beds with personal fans, outlets, reading lights and privacy curtains! Loved the salsa dance class! Major downfall was the wifi - these guys have five different networks and I never connected to any of them once.

Greetings from Santa Marta thank you for your great review. We're SO happy to read that you had a AMAZING stay in Masaya enjoying the commodities, the beauty and the Salsa dancing class ! It would be a pleasure to welcome you again : come back in Santa Marta or discover Bogotá and get 10% off on your second stay ! Facebook => Masaya Hostel Santa Marta or Masaya Hostels.