Hostel Masaya Santa Marta Reviews

Calle 14 04-80, Santa Marta, Colombia

I absolutely love this hostel! I don't review, generally, but Masaya deserves it! From the dorms which are super clean with your own curtain etc to the two pools (many a pool party was had!) to the amazing design of the building and the well stocked movie room. I'll really have to tear myself away! Amazing value for money! If there was any constructive criticism the bar should serve food and drink all day, would liven the place up!

• 5th Sep 2014

The hostel is really hot. I recommend the six-bed dorm because it has air conditioning (10pm-10am). Good kitchen and nice rooftop.

A very nice roof terrasse and a pretty good deal !

Music a little loud at bar for conversation, and needs change to break 50 mil note. As a gringo I would have to walk to exito to make change as know one seems to be able to count Change back. I would have bought a drink there every morning if you had change.

• 23rd Aug 2014

Masaya was by far the best hostel i've ever stayed at. totally luxury and definitely worth the price.

Very clean and good rooms!

Pools looked unclean particularly the one on the ground floor. Breakfast was horrible (wasnt even included)

Awesome place! Seriously a really nice hostel with awesome facilities and hang out area on the roof. Would definitely recommend.

The staff was very friendly The location was good IT was clean

• 15th Jul 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Amazing rooftop pool, comfy beds with curtains. Lush design that looks like a boutique hotel. Only downside is that the atmosphere is lacking - everyone who wants to socialise walks down the road to bresa loca. The staff don't do anything to help change this.

Everything was amazing. Zero complaints, or even the most minor issue.

Hostels for travelers. Everything is perfect, two pools, one for the morning, one for the afternoon. Depends on the sun. If you are in a dormitorium of 12, be careful not being far from the window, otherwise it is really really hot, even if you have your own ventilator. It is a pity that they didn't put back the curtains in the dormitorium of 6, which have the air co, really appreciable! Really great place to hang out and enjoy everything.

This is a super nice hostel. Only drawbacks were that atmosphere was a bit dull (not the hostels fault) and that one of the staff was pretty unhelpful (all the others were great, which more than made up for it). I would recommend!

Everything was just amazing. Not a party hostel but i like more quite places. 6 bedroom was a bit small and ac is really cold so be prepared. Cinema, rooftop, pool all super

Has potential to be an excellent hostel,kitchen facilities were the only blight. Needs more cutlery and my food was thrown out 4 days in a row despite being labeled with my name room and date. Otherwise the pool is awesome the beers a decent price and the showers and toilets are immaculate.

The place is fantastic. Price benefit ratio is the best I have ever experienced, the rooms are clean, the facility is modern and the breakfast is great for only a few bucks and so on. It is pretty much a luxury hostel for little money.

Hello, Thank you for your comments! It's a nice satisfaction that you appreciated “la experiencia local de Masaya” during your stay in Santa Marta! It’s very important for us to continue to improve our services and reach your expectations! See you soon in Masaya for new experiences!

Really nice hostel with style. Quiet to sleep and nice in the same time to have a beer atthe roof

Good afternoon, Thank you for your comments! We are satisfied that you appreciated “la buena onda de Masaya”, we hope that you appreciated our cultural activities organized every night!!! You can follow us on our Facebook page: Masaya hostel Santa Marta Safe trip in Colombia!

Dorms seemed good value for money, but not the double bed private with ensuite bathroom. It was dirty and the TV did not work. For $70 a night you could stay at a hotel. The grounds, facilities, and location were very nice. The hostel emphasizes its no drug policy, but the curly-haired front desk attendant was clearly smoking pot outside with a sketchy person when we left Friday night. I walked up to him to ask directions to La Puerta and he held the joint behind his back as he answered.

A party hostel, unfortunately a young English party took this literally in having a party in the dorm room. The staff allowed me to move rooms when their party was still going on at 2am but not without trying to get me to pay more for a more expensive room.

Good afternoon, Thank you for your comment. Our goal is to share the Colombian Culture with our cultural activities. The bar closes everynight at 1am to avoid the problem of noise. We are sorry for this problem during your stay, we are going to pay more attention next time because it's not an hostel for party...but for comfort and discover the Colombian culture. Thank you for your comment; this helps us improving the service we offer daily. Safe trip in Colombia!

Amazing hostel!!!!!!one of the best of south amrica !!!2 pools and amazing place

• 27th May 2014
  • Israel

Good afternoon, Thank you very much for this nice comment!! It's a nice satisfaction that you appreciated the local experience of our hostel. Don't hesitate to follow us on our Facebook Page: Masaya hostel Santa Marta! You can also discover Masaya Bogota in the Candelaria!