Hostel Masaya Santa Marta Reviews

Calle 14 04-80, Santa Marta, Colombia

Great hostel! When I arrived there was an overbooking so the girl found me another bed in a smaller dorm and charged me the rate at which the room was booked - excellent customer service. The kitchen is clean and it is located in downtown Santa Marta. The rooftop bar and pool would be nice to enjoy on a hot day - it was raining when I was there :(

Definitley one of the best hostels in the world! I stayed there almost 2 weeks and I just loved this place. The private rooms are hotel standard with private bathroom, TV, air con and fan. The common area is huge and over several levels. The staff is always friendly and give the best to feel you like at home (especial Monica!!). If I ever come back to Santa Marta, I will stay at Masaya for sure!

This place is more like a hotel than a hostel. We had a good bunch of people when we were there. The staff are helpful. The kitchen is good and the bar and swimming pool area help create a great atmosphere. The hostel is a great place to chill, and is a good place to base yourself when checking the attractions around Santa Marta.

Staff needs training. Beautiful toproof area,

• 24th Oct 2014

Good afternoon, Thank you for your comment. I've communicated your comment to the staff. We are pleased that you enjoyed the rooftop.

Loved the beds in the 12 bed dorm...you have your own curtains, light, fan and plug sockets. The kitchen is a an okay size and has enough facilities to cook. The two pools are execllent as are all of the seating and chill out areas. They have in-house travel agent which was handy.

Clean, luxurious and comes with 2 small pools and a friendly bar.

Hello ! Thanks for you comment on your stay. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the Masaya experience.

The Masaya Hostel is more like a hotel! Beautiful spacious

Good afternoon, Thank you for your comment !

One of the best hostel I have Been....i have a problem with mi reserve because it was not available and i have to use a twin room :( really big mistake...:...but the time there was amazing!

• 27th Sep 2014
  • Colombia

Thank you for your thoughts on your stay, we're very pleased to hear that you appreciated the hostel and the Masaya Experience ! Please accept our apologies for the mistake, and feel free to come back and continue to help us improve our service! We hope you enjoyed your stay in Colombia. (You can fin us on Facebook: Masaya Hostel Santa Marta or Masaya Hostels)

Didn't really like the social areas all that much so I thought if you were traveling solo it might not be the best place to meet new people but the beds in the dorms are amazing. Every bunk has its own curtain, a lamp, a shelf, two electrical outlets, a fan, and they're really comfortable. Best little private sleeping compartment of any hostel I've been. Other than that it's a fairly typical hostel with not the best social areas.

Brilliant hostel!

The kotchen has almost no dishes, so it is quite impossible to cook there. But beds in the dorms have their own fans, which is quite interesting and the lamp is an asset too :-)

I absolutely love this hostel! I don't review, generally, but Masaya deserves it! From the dorms which are super clean with your own curtain etc to the two pools (many a pool party was had!) to the amazing design of the building and the well stocked movie room. I'll really have to tear myself away! Amazing value for money! If there was any constructive criticism the bar should serve food and drink all day, would liven the place up!

• 5th Sep 2014

Hi Emma, Thank you very much for your comment ! We're very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Masaya. You can find us on Facebook : Masaya Hostels or Masaya Hostel Santa Marta. Feel free to come back and continue to help us improve our service! See you soon !

The hostel is really hot. I recommend the six-bed dorm because it has air conditioning (10pm-10am). Good kitchen and nice rooftop.

Hello, Thanks for your comment ! Santa Marta IS hot, that's why we have 3 different types of dorms : 4 beds & 6 beds dorms have AC and 12 beds dorms have fans. Moreover, all our private rooms have AC. We hope you enjoyed your stay !

A very nice roof terrasse and a pretty good deal !

Music a little loud at bar for conversation, and needs change to break 50 mil note. As a gringo I would have to walk to exito to make change as know one seems to be able to count Change back. I would have bought a drink there every morning if you had change.

• 23rd Aug 2014

Masaya was by far the best hostel i've ever stayed at. totally luxury and definitely worth the price.

Very clean and good rooms!

Pools looked unclean particularly the one on the ground floor. Breakfast was horrible (wasnt even included)

Awesome place! Seriously a really nice hostel with awesome facilities and hang out area on the roof. Would definitely recommend.

The staff was very friendly The location was good IT was clean

• 15th Jul 2014