Hostel Masaya Santa Marta Reviews

Calle 14 04-80, Santa Marta, Colombia

I had a wonderful time at Masaya: the hotel is gorgeous, the staff super helpful. I enjoyed the variety of cultural activities organised every evening. In a word, this is where to stay in when visiting Santa Marta!

Best place to stay in Santa Marta, superfriendly staff, nice kitchen, and really nice dorm with curtains around each bed.

• 17th Feb 2015
  • Sweden

Thanks for your great review ! We're happy to see that you were able to enjoy your stay in Masaya Hostel Santa Marta. Come back, we'll give you a 10% discount ! Follow us on Facebook : Masaya Hostel Santa Marta or Masaya Hostels

I loved my stay, the hostel (so beautiful!), the staff, the view !! The cultural activities at night are fun (Linda is fun!) and free.

• 6th Feb 2015

Thanks for your nice review, we’re glad to hear that you loved the Masaya Concept with its atmosphere, its staff, its cultural activities ! It’s a pleasure to read that you enjoyed the beauty of our Hostel of Santa Marta. Come back and get 10% off on your 2nd stay (2nd stay in a Masaya hostel). Follow us on Facebook : Masaya Hostels or Masaya Hostel Santa Marta.

One of the best and most comfortable hostels I've ever stayed at. The building is very beautiful, the rooms are spacious and super clean, beds very comfortable with individual lights and outlets. Bathrooms spacious enough, modern and very clean. There are two swimming pools, a nice rooftop bar, huge kitchen, pool table, great TV room, and lots of space to hang out. Staff are very friendly and helpful. It's more of a quiet and relaxed hostel. Loved staying thee and def recommend it!

Thanks for sharing your Masaya Experience ! It was a pleasure to have you as a guest and we are very pleased that you have appreciated your stay in our Hostel of Santa Marta. We look forward to welcoming you back soon (get 10% off on your 2nd stay in a Masaya hostel). Follow us on Facebook : Masaya Hostels or Masaya Hostel Santa Marta.

Roof top bar and pool are amazing

Wifi didn't work on our floor but worked great everywhere else. Great Hostel!

Thanks for your review. Come back, we'll give you 10% off ! Follow us on Facebook : Masaya Hostel Santa Marta or Masaya Hostels

Beautiful property and high end facilities with a gorgeous rooftop terrace and well-equipped kitchen. Really appreciate the dorm beds with personal fans, outlets, reading lights and privacy curtains! Loved the salsa dance class! Major downfall was the wifi - these guys have five different networks and I never connected to any of them once.

Greetings from Santa Marta thank you for your great review. We're SO happy to read that you had a AMAZING stay in Masaya enjoying the commodities, the beauty and the Salsa dancing class ! It would be a pleasure to welcome you again : come back in Santa Marta or discover Bogotá and get 10% off on your second stay ! Facebook => Masaya Hostel Santa Marta or Masaya Hostels.

Great location for his hostel, in the heart of the city and few blocks from the beach. The dorm was clean with a bathroom and a thing I love: curtains on the beds. Allow some privacy ! The rooftop is really nice. Overall, the hostel is really nice actually ! The staff is friendly and helping. I will recommend this hostel !

Thanks a lot for your nice review ! We’re very glad to read that you LOVED the Masaya concept ! The entire team would be happy to welcome you again in Santa Marta or in Bogota and don’t forget your 10% off on your second stay ;) Follow us on Facebook : Masaya Hostel Santa Marta or Masaya Hostels.

No internet in bedroom Breakfast is expensive (8000) and coffee too (2000 p) Problem with my reservation Very nice place with clean pool, nive kitchen and patio

Thank you for your thoughts on your stay, it’s a pleaser to read that you enjoyed the beauty and the commodity of our hostel of Santa Marta. I've communicated your comment to keep improving our service. Follow us on Facebook : Masaya Hostel Santa Marta or Masaya Hostels

Nice pool.

Thanks for your comment. Come back, we'll give you 10% off ! Follow us on Facebook : Masaya Hostel Santa Marta or Masaya Hostels.

Amazing building and facilities, kind and helpful staff, perfectly located, nice activities and shows. The 6-bed dorm could do with a bit more space, but I strongly recommend! One of those hostels one will never forget.

Hello Carolina, Greetings from Santa Marta thank you very much for your great review. It is a pleasure for me and my team to read that you had an amazing stay, enjoying the Masaya Experience and the beauty of our Hostel of Santa Marta We look forward to welcoming you back soon (get 10% off on your 2nd stay in a Masaya hostel). Follow us on Facebook : Masaya Hostels or Masaya Hostel Santa Marta! Thanks again

If you are looking for a HOTEL, this is a great place. If you're looking for parting, go somewhere else.

Thank you for your thoughts on your stay. Masaya Hostels is a new concept which mix Hotel and Hostel providing the best comfort with a really nice atmosphere with our diary cultural activities. We are not a "party hostal", we are a "cultural hostel". Follow us on Facebook : Masaya Hostel Santa Marta or Masaya Hostels.

Highly recommended.

Thanks for this great recommendation. Come back, we'll give you 10% off ! Follow us on Facebook : Masaya Hostel Santa Marta or Masaya Hostels

Slow check in, terrible breakfast, they never have water and somehow like saying now and make no efforts. The place itself is super nice but I wouldn't stay there again.

Thank you for your thoughts on your stay, We are a bit surprised about your comment about the breakfast : every day, we serve a "buffet breakfast" which includes: hot drinks, fresh juices, eggs, bread, marmalade/butter, cereals, milk and fruits... Regarding to the hot water, we have a hot water system able to provide for all our guests needing 24/24 hours. I've communicated your comment to the staff to keep improving our service. We hope you enjoyed your stay in Santa Marta and in Colombia.

Great stay. Also would recommend their other hostel in bogota with the same name!

Thanks for your great review ! We're happy to see that you were able to enjoy your stay in our Hostel of Santa Marta and in Bogotá. Continue the Masaya Experience following us on Facebook : Masaya Hostel Santa Marta or Masaya Hostels.

I really enjoyed my stay at Masaya it's one of the better hostels I've stayed in while in Colombia. I stayed in one of the large dorms. You get your own light, fan, outlets and curtains around your bed which gives you privacy. The hostel has a great layout and the location is excellent. There's a nice vibe in the hostel it's easy to meet other travelers but it wasn't a crazy party hostel which is really nice in my opinion. Highly recommended Masaya!

Thank you for your nice review, we're very pleased to hear that you appreciated the Masaya facilities and the commodities of our dorms ! Come back in Santa Marta or discover our Hostel of Bogotá and get 10% off on your stay. Follow us on Facebook : Masaya Hostels or Masaya Hostel Santa Marta !

The sink in room 17 is terrible. I stayed here before and after Ciudad Perdida. The staff were nice and the facilities were good. They advertised a dinner but I never saw it served any night. They also advertised a cooking class that never happened. I don't think they should advertise fake things. There was one night where they only had light beer available at the rooftop bar. The curtains and 2 electrical sockets per bed were great.

Thanks for your thoughts on your stay. We’re glad to hear that you enjoyed the Masaya facilities. We don't do « fake advertisements » :). The cooking class needs a minimum of guests so it probably was not possible when you came. And we don't serve dinner...? Maybe you saw a ad of a partner ? Concerning your comment about the light beer, we are sorry for the inconvenience. Feel free to come back and keeping help us to improve our service !

Fun place, great staff

• 1st Dec 2014

Good Morning, Thank you to share your Masaya Experience, It is a pleasure for me and my team to read that you had a nice stay, enjoying the commodity of Masaya and its staff. We look forward to welcoming you back soon (get 10% off on your 2nd stay in a Masaya hostel). Follow us on Facebook : Masaya Hostels or Masaya Hostel Santa Marta ! Thanks again.

My experience in Hostel Masaya is the best hostel experience I've had!! The facilities are amazing and clean, you have curtains over your bed for privacy and a private fan, 2 pools, a great cinema room, and the BEST staff you can ask for! They'll help you with everything you'll need, and they'll do it with a big smile on their faces.

Hello Tal ! Thanks for your comment, we’re glad to hear that you love the Masaya atmosphere as its staff ! If you want to visit us again in Santa Marta or discover Bogota, you can get 10% off on your 2nd stay (2nd stay in a Masaya hostel). We would be very happy to welcome you again ! :) Keep enjoying your stay in Colombia and follow us on Facebook : Masaya Hostels or Masaya Hostel Santa Marta ! Thanks again !

Beautiful hostel in the centre of Santa Marta - looks like a 5* hotel. In reality though I didn't find there to be a lot of atmosphere and the facilities weren't the best. I'd definitely recommend the dreamer over this. Even when I stored my bags there the staff didn't seem to have a clue about who's bag belonged to who or what was going on. For the price it's a pretty place to stay one night but maybe not if you're looking for any social activity.

Thanks for your comment, we appreciate to read that you be seduced by the beauty of our Hostel of Santa Marta. You’re right to say that Masaya isn’t a Hostel of fiesta, we prefer to offer the "local experience" that's why there are a lot of cultural activities : Salsa dancing class, Colombian Cooking Class, Typical cocktail making class… Follow us on Facebook : Masaya Hostels or Masaya Hostel Santa Marta !