Hostel Meeting Point Reviews

Calle Factor 5, Madrid, Spain

My sister and I had a lovely stay at Meetingpoint. The staff welcomed us with all info we requested, places to go out, bars ,restaurants and where to go for shopping. Perfectly location and close to buses, sightseeing and subway. Compared to other hotels of the same characteristics in which I have been to other cities in Europe, meetingpoint is one of the best in value-money. I really recommend it.

The rooms are with safe lockers, quite comfortable, spacious and clean, as well the common areas. Excellent connexion Wifi in rooms. Good value-money of facilities, renting towells, iron and bicycles at reception. Air conditioning in rooms. I went with my sister and the staff helped us with lots of info of where to go out for dinner, drinks and shopping. Will definitely come back with partner or friends.

One of the staff guys were very rude, the Spanish one, I don't remember the name, he entered into the room wile we were sleeping and opened the window making too much noise, without knock or anything. The room has just one plug for 8 persons and they have the stupid timetable for shower and kitchen, something that doesn't make any sense.

Excellent facilities. You can rent towells, bicycles, iron, laundry servicies. Full equiped kitchen and nice enviroment where people interact with other travellers. Staff very helpful. Get info of sightseeing and optional free walking tour at city centre. The location is great, nearby royal palace, "plaza mayor & puerta del sol". Rooms with lockers although they are not big enough for big luggages. However, when check out you can leave you baggage until 5 pm.

The structure isn't so good: yes, it's near the royal palace, but at least 15 minutes walking to every other place. Kitchen is without windows, always hot and without any pans and cookers. Personal is not so nice: they woke me up at 4 o clock in the night only to make me pay in advance.

Great hostel, well located, good infrastructure...the only bad thing in my opinion is that the kitchen closes too early and opens too late in the morning, but if you ask them the key just to get your things I don't think it's a problem.

Good clean hostel. Would stay there again in a heartbeat

The only problem is the kitchen closes from 22 to 9

It was a nice place, I stayed here over pride weekend, so rates were more expensive (I assume). One thing I wish was different, was in the communal bathrooms there is a small hand towel per sink and with people using them constantly throughout the day, they were pretty much always soaked, therefore useless and quite displeasing. I'd recommend changing them more frequently, or installing hand dryers to avoid this issue. It's a nice place, nothing memorable. Would stay again at cheaper rate.

A member of staff was very rude to us. We were moved into a 10 bed dorm when we had paid for an 8 bed dorm and were not compensated the difference. When we asked about it, the member of staff got angry and defensive.

Loved everything about it! Great & friendly staff! Noria she is so helpful, cheerful&friendly! Asis is so honest &goes out of his way to help accommodate you. I lost my very expensive digital camera. He found it &saved it for me! I totally recommend this hostel. It even has AC! A luxury in hostels!

Hostel Meeting Point was good value for the money. The location is good as well, fixed near a lot off good neighborhoods, sites to see and places to eat and drink. The real bummer about my stay here, and why I would return, is two fold. A) there was no air conditioning despite advertising there is & two units were in my room and B) the way they handled inquiries as to why the ACs were not on. No AC; no problem just admit it. The woman was very nasty to a guy who asked. It set a bad vibe.

• 29th Jun 2015

good location. weird bathing policy not enough bathing area and toilets

Overall it was a good hostel experience...24h reception and location was simply unbeatable! Manager gave great suggestions for things to do in the city. As far as cons --we stayed in the basement which did not get a wifi signal and AC was not flowing freely (there was a small fan which poorly circulated air)...so it got muggy and musty. The showers locked from 11:30 pm-7:30 am which was annoying for an early flight. Dim lighting, and not enough lockers for everyone !

• 18th Jun 2015

The dorm seemed to be an almost 24-hour quiet zone -- people were sleeping all the time from their different travel/tourist/party schedules, which was perfect. Conversations and hanging out were for the main room, hallways, and kitchen.

I recommend to anyone who wants to have a nice experience in Madrid. Excellent treatment of staff attending . Impeccable cleanliness in rooms and common areas. Kitchen with full cookware . Very good value in a prime location. Comfortable rooms with modern furniture and lockers in all rooms

• 15th Jun 2015
  • Argentina

The people are rude and not welcoming at all. Had to go get cash which then thy over charged me. Also I was in a single room which they gave keys too and someone came in my room at 1am! Don't stay here !!

well i just had a fantastic time at the hostel. Godd times with fellow travellers. loved the activities they have like paella sangría party everyday for resonable Price .. good job guys. Apart from that is is amazingly centrally located and very clean indeed. Will be back soon .. Happy meeting .... ole ole and ole

• 15th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

We ordered a 4 bed and on arrival they told us it was flooded and unavailable, without any advance notice

Kitchen was very small! Everything was clean and comfy. The location is close To a popular square, metro and the palace. The atmosphere was a bit weird when I was there because there was a large group of young school kids. But other than that it was nice.

« first « Prev 1 2 3