Hostel Meeting Point Reviews

Calle Factor 5, Madrid, Spain

The location of the hostel is perfect and the staff are friendly and go out of their way to ensure you have a pleasant time. There are options for partying but it is not a loud party hostel if you want to relax. The guy painting the hostel was super hot ;). Also, the hostel is really clean and again the location is unbeatable. gay-friendly staff!

Fabulous Hostel facing Royal Palace...once I made the check in I could see that the host its in a great location..trendy concept of hostelling...wiffi works in all areas...big beds and comfortable rooms...many staff working ..cleaning all day..+ good rates for all budgets...next time i will come with a group of friends......

It s situated just in front Royal Palace. The location is perfect! The kitchen for having breakfast is very small but is ok indeed. The woman, who is in the desk front, was very kind to me. The room was very clean and quiet. I really like the hostel!

Very accommodating when I had a last minute reservation even though they were super busy. Great location ! A little hike up some stairs from the royal palace.

• 4th Sep 2014

If you're looking for the hostel experience, I wouldn't recommend this place. Compared to other places in Spain I stayed, the atmosphere was kind of dull. There weren't any group activities and the staff wasn't interactive.

• 3rd Sep 2014

Sorry for your experience at Hostels MeetingPoint..but we have 3 guys public relations working for us giving free passes for all the clubs and restaurants and doing groups to go out together also 3 times per week we organize a paella time to get guest in contact among them...Next time we will do it better

Was not a fan of the staff or the rooms. Mine was quite small and the cleaners lived in my room so they were quite moved in and comfortable while I had no space for my backpack at all. They also used my bed to hang their laundry! Bathroom was not very clean either

Very well located, just in front of the royal palace and the cathedral. Quiet area with garden. The staff is friendly and helpful. There's a quite a multicultural environment as the staff who speak english, portuguese and italian among others. They make you feel like at home. For only € 2.00 you can have a pretty full breakfast and the kitchen full of cookware. The cleanliness of the rooms and common areas is daily. I usually go to madrid and I definitely will stay at Meetingpoint.

i had great time in this hostel, really clean, confortable rooms, friendly staff, free wifi, good breakfast, they have everything for travellers. free maps of madrid, and also if you want to go out they know every club, bars, pubs, restaurants.. i would like return to madrid and stay in this hostel again . amazing.

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Venezuela

The staff here were not friendly at all. They were not willing to give backpackers direction and advice to explore Madrid, but just enjoy their alcohol in the lobby! There was a narrow long chair pus only 3 chairs in the common area, far less than needed! Somebody needed to stand if they want to chat with others or use wifi (wifi is not available in the rooms). They CHARGED €3 per item left in the luggage room after checked out WITHOUT prior notice! It was the worst experience in my RTW trip.

Its good and i really enjoined my time there!!

Bathrooms were big and the staff cleaned them severly times a day. The kitchen was suitable for cooking some simple meals. Unfortunately the rooms didn't have lockers big enough to store backpacks and the beds were shaky and made quite loud noise when you moved while sleeping. The room doors were locked by keys but people didn't lock the rooms when leaving them, so they were open all the time and anyone could have gone inside. And additionally acces to the hostel wasn't limited. Bad security.

Deep was awesome, we had a great time. We told a couple groups we've met since about the meeting point so hopefully they swing by.

A solid hostel in a good location in Madrid. Very close to one of many bar-filled neighborhoods, and of course steps from a park with a great view of the palace, you couldn't ask for more in that regard. A little frustration at being told two different check in times by two different people, but nothing too terrible. There is a kitchen, however the downstairs area was quite uncomfortable temperature-wise. The common area could be bigger, as it got pretty crowded, but all in all a solid place

The location and the people were the best part but after a little mixup with the 'paella man' I left not wanting to come back.

Atmosphere was fun. I met a lot of awesome people. Location was great near the Palace and El Sol and Opera. The bed was not my favourite. Overall it was a good stay.

Great location facing the cathedral and royal palace. Very helpfull staff.

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • Israel

Fantastic. Centrally located, by the Royal Palace. Nice & helpful staff. Clean & modern. Easy to get in touch with other guests.

• 22nd Jul 2014

You can walk to city center in 10 minutes. Very clean hostel, warm staff. It is worth your money.

Excellent, really friendly staff that were always happy to help and encourage a good time for all!

Great staff and hostel!