Hostel Meeting Point Reviews

Calle Factor 5, Madrid, Spain

The wi-fi signal is poor, don't reach the bedrooms, the showers are separeted from the bedrooms, and the glass is kinda transparent. The locker is too small, and they have just one socket in the bedroom, which is terrible.

The staff was either very bad at english or very noisy during nigths and frankly rather inpolite to us.

Got locked inside the toilet at night. traumatic.

Kitchen had no stove, only electrical appliances. Common room is tiny. Staff smoke at the door.

The reception staff seemed disinterested and were often rude. The kitchen and dining area was too small for the hostel. They were installing air con when I was there and it was horribly dusty and there were wires/ladders and workmen. They should have closed the hostel for this period. Disappointing

The lockers in the bedrooms weren't working / there was no key so I had to leave my backpack with my laptop in a locker room which they charged me to use so that I could ensure that my laptop was safe while I wasn't at the hostel. The WIFI didn't always work depending on which room you were in, but they were very phone friendly with lots of outlets to charge your electronics. Other than the locker issue, it was great. The staff was very friendly and welcoming.

• 30th Jun 2014

Meeting Point was a great place to stay in Madrid. It's centrally located and the staff members as well as other guests were very nice. Common areas are cleaned and maintained daily and the sleeping areas were relatively comfortable.

Great place, clean, very close to tube station, safe and pretty cool. Would stay again!

• 24th Jun 2014

Hostel room doors require locking with a key, which a lot of people don't do. Could do with a better system. Shower screens are near clear only having a few white narrow lines around the waist area. In a shared bathroom. Not very private. Common area was cold feeling, situated right in the hostel entrance. Not the worst hostel I've stayed at, but there are much better ones to choose from in Madrid!

It's a very small and quaint place. Wifi was good overall, but not on point all the time. Staff was friendly and informative. Location is awesome!!! Near the palace and not far from puerta del sol, so you can walk anywhere. And plaza mayor is about a 3 minute walk. Over all I liked it, and id probably go back if on a budget.

Very surprised with this hostel, in a good way. The staff was really helpful and the atmosphere was incredible. Made good friends and really enjoyed my time there. The location is excellent, we could walk everywhere easily. I would definitely come back.

• 19th Jun 2014

The staff was friendly and hostel was in great location. The bathrooms were clean and everyone seemed to hangout together in the common area.

Easy to meet people, relaxed vibe.

great hostel

One of the best hostels ive stayed in. Everybody was so friendly and one of the staff members cooked a big paella and we all ate in the park next to the hostel which has an awesome view. I will definitely stay here again.

• 4th Jun 2014

Good hostel but I was a little bit disappointed about they charge 5 Euros for the sheets :o ... Yes, I book my bed for 9 euros and when I checked-in they told me if I need sheets I should pay more 5 euros for that (More than 50% of the booking price) :o The breakfast is ok but the kitchen has only 6 places to sit :o ... so probably you will have breakfast stand up.

Good hostel, squeaky metal Ikea bunk beds, small showers, good bathrooms, weak WiFi signal in room, but strong in lobby. Kitchen downstairs was good. Good location, right next to the royal palace and a 10 minute walk to the heart of the city.

Great place to stay.

It is easy to find, and the staff are very nice. There are only two bathrooms for all people, but we are so lucky that it was available when we need it.

Liked: WoW! The location is just incredible: it is in the very heart of the city, close to bars, restaurants and the main shopping area! Besides it is just opposite of the cathedral and the royal palace (two of the main sights), and we were even able to see the Cathedral from our window! What a 5-star view! Plus, it is a very calm and clean place! We definitely know where we will stay on our next tour to Madrid: Hostel MeetingPoint!

• 18th May 2014