Hostel Meeting Point Reviews

Calle Factor 5, Madrid, Spain

The hostel has excelent location. One of the staff (the one that was there all saturday) was rude and looked like he didn´t want to do his job. Other than that it´s good value for money, a very basic hostel.

• 18th Oct 2014
  • Uruguay

I really enjoyed my time in Madrid thanks to the good accomodations provided by Hostel Meeting Point. It would have been a perfect weekend except for the fact that my bed had bed bugs! I did not realize this until I checked out, but my arms and face were covered in bed bug bites. Having unfortunately experienced bed bugs before, I recognized them and have appropriately washed all my clothes and sheets just in case of transfer. I stayed in room 9, for reference.

• 17th Oct 2014

Awesome location, I will definitely go back to Meetingpoint hostel. Everybody was so friendly and the staff so gentle . Budget acommodation with excellent standard servicies, wiffi works in all areas. The room and common areas are very clean. For only 2,00€ you can have a breakfast with cereals, toasts, juice, milk, coffee, te...or cooking your own stuff.

• 7th Oct 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

This hostel was good for the money. The beds were comfortable and clean. Bathrooms were also clean with hot water and soap available. Staff was helpful and welcoming. Internet connection was really good from the room. Big downside was the size of the lockers: big backpacking bags won't fit in there so you'll be forced to leave it under your bed for anyone to take. The hall didn't had that much of an atmosphere. Kitchen didnt have gas stoves, just a rice cooker and some pans.

BED BUGS!!!!

• 3rd Oct 2014

Soo good!

Great location and very clean hostel would stay here again

I left a phone charger and was told very coldly that for "policies reasons" lost items are thrown away after 2 days. This is very little respect for the customer and the environment. It is after a week that I found out I lost it. I was told this is a "too long time". Most hotels keep them for a longer time. Also, the hostal was very noisy, the staff will enter without warning after midnight opening the light while people were sleeping and talking loud to show room to new guests.

• 2nd Oct 2014

Location was incredible! Literally steps from the royal palace, and just a quick walk to most of the sights. The facilities were clean. My only complaint is about the noisiness. First, there did not seem to be any noise control in the common area, as I could hear people talking there until late into the night. Secondly, the bunk beds were so squeaky that I could wake myself up just by turning over while I was sleeping! Id stay here again though just because the location is so unreal!

The location of the hostel is perfect and the staff are friendly and go out of their way to ensure you have a pleasant time. There are options for partying but it is not a loud party hostel if you want to relax. The guy painting the hostel was super hot ;). Also, the hostel is really clean and again the location is unbeatable. gay-friendly staff!

Fabulous Hostel facing Royal Palace...once I made the check in I could see that the host its in a great location..trendy concept of hostelling...wiffi works in all areas...big beds and comfortable rooms...many staff working ..cleaning all day..+ good rates for all budgets...next time i will come with a group of friends......

It s situated just in front Royal Palace. The location is perfect! The kitchen for having breakfast is very small but is ok indeed. The woman, who is in the desk front, was very kind to me. The room was very clean and quiet. I really like the hostel!

Very accommodating when I had a last minute reservation even though they were super busy. Great location ! A little hike up some stairs from the royal palace.

• 4th Sep 2014

If you're looking for the hostel experience, I wouldn't recommend this place. Compared to other places in Spain I stayed, the atmosphere was kind of dull. There weren't any group activities and the staff wasn't interactive.

• 3rd Sep 2014

Sorry for your experience at Hostels MeetingPoint..but we have 3 guys public relations working for us giving free passes for all the clubs and restaurants and doing groups to go out together also 3 times per week we organize a paella time to get guest in contact among them...Next time we will do it better

Was not a fan of the staff or the rooms. Mine was quite small and the cleaners lived in my room so they were quite moved in and comfortable while I had no space for my backpack at all. They also used my bed to hang their laundry! Bathroom was not very clean either

Very well located, just in front of the royal palace and the cathedral. Quiet area with garden. The staff is friendly and helpful. There's a quite a multicultural environment as the staff who speak english, portuguese and italian among others. They make you feel like at home. For only € 2.00 you can have a pretty full breakfast and the kitchen full of cookware. The cleanliness of the rooms and common areas is daily. I usually go to madrid and I definitely will stay at Meetingpoint.

i had great time in this hostel, really clean, confortable rooms, friendly staff, free wifi, good breakfast, they have everything for travellers. free maps of madrid, and also if you want to go out they know every club, bars, pubs, restaurants.. i would like return to madrid and stay in this hostel again . amazing.

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Venezuela

The staff here were not friendly at all. They were not willing to give backpackers direction and advice to explore Madrid, but just enjoy their alcohol in the lobby! There was a narrow long chair pus only 3 chairs in the common area, far less than needed! Somebody needed to stand if they want to chat with others or use wifi (wifi is not available in the rooms). They CHARGED €3 per item left in the luggage room after checked out WITHOUT prior notice! It was the worst experience in my RTW trip.

Its good and i really enjoined my time there!!

Bathrooms were big and the staff cleaned them severly times a day. The kitchen was suitable for cooking some simple meals. Unfortunately the rooms didn't have lockers big enough to store backpacks and the beds were shaky and made quite loud noise when you moved while sleeping. The room doors were locked by keys but people didn't lock the rooms when leaving them, so they were open all the time and anyone could have gone inside. And additionally acces to the hostel wasn't limited. Bad security.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4