Hostel Meeting Point Reviews

Calle Factor 5, Madrid, Spain

Don't stay at this place. First at all, I arrived from Cordoba about 7pm. I was tired and need to took a rest. When I arrived, the first deal: we dont accept payment with cards under 50,00. Then I had to find atm. Then they charged me from the linen. Ok. I went to the bedroom, completely tiny for 10 people. No space. Bed completely uncomfortable. Was doing noise all night long. My night was terrible. The kitchen was a messy. All broken stuff and they don't have a proper oven. I booked another 1.

I know the hostel used to clean the bathrooms really constantly but they used to be dirty most of the times. I appreciate they like to teach cooking lessons but please try to have a better air circulation since the whole hostel ends up smelling like food for several hours.

Booked a room in a pinch and it was better ththan expected. Good atmosphere and good location Although a bit hard to find.

• 2nd Jan 2015

nice hostel in a great location. they charge 2€ for breakfast every morning which is worst then most free breakfasts, not worth it. have to pay for sheets as well because they think most people are traveling with sleeping bag (not true). overall, it's a nice stay. very loud at nighttime with people hanging out in hallways right outside of rooms. wish the staff would help regulate that but it's pretty much a party hostel. people sleep all day to party all night.

Modern hostel in the center of the city... quite secure and super clean....I met many travelers from everywhere..the staff make paella 3 times a week and its so good that social point and also they teach you how to do it Wifi works perfect ...big beds and clean bathrooms...the only this could be the breakfast...more choices would be a plus..but anyway for 2 euros I got enough My room was number 12 and its so good... See you soon guys...I love Hostel MeetingPoint

• 26th Dec 2014
  • Egypt

Absolutely nice hostel in all fields--I have been traveling around Europe and this host is over the top..the location its just 1 metre away to Royal Palace..the reception so helpfull with free maps and free tickets to main clubs at night if you want to go out Many staff working in reception and cleaning..comfortable beds and nice design of the rooms Honestly I don`t r eally understand some negative comments about this host..for me its so good Thanks guys from MeetingPoint you doing well

• 26th Dec 2014

First of all..awesome location..I mean from my room I could touch cathedral Almudena..very clean...comfy beds.. Big and nice female bathrooms..also nice design Wifi works fast in the rooms...very importan ..most of host it doesn`t work inside the rooms so quiet at night....gooooood sleep They have got a nice kitchen where you can cook everything...they do paella time 3 times a week..so tasteful and they teach you how to do it I will be back for sure...

• 24th Dec 2014

Our room was never cleaned when we were out and one day a creepy old man came to our room (female room) at night to ask if there was any trash and complained because the bathroom was wet, but the thing is that the shower is awful, the water goes straight out of the shower bin and the water is freezing cold or hot as hell. Another really bad thing was that I had really painfull bites all over my body, and I found out, reading the comments, that is due to BED BUGS. This is extremely unsanitary.

The only good thing about this hostel is a location. Everything other, a bit shame for hostel and stuff. We were staying in the room of 8, but actually this was the room where the staff sleeping. Cleanliness was awful. Especially in the kitchen and bathroom. Only one toilet for whole basement floor (one shower, and one toilet). Too little space, and too small dining table. Very poor breakfast. Full of hairs on the bed. To little plugs. Stuff was very uninterested on working. Wouldn't recommend.

• 17th Dec 2014
  • Slovenia

Location was great but they made you pay Extra for lockers and breakfast and the Shower was broken. I reserved two spots for me and friend and when we got there they only had beds in two separate rooms. Bad planning on their part.

• 13th Dec 2014
  • American Samoa

it has no any vibe probably cos it has no any specific common area. There is one next to the reception, too small, no space. The showers has limited hours and there is no enough toilets. The kitchen is very good equipped at least.

• 12th Dec 2014
  • Hungary

The only good point about this place is the location. But the worst thing about it is the shower room. I fell down and hurt my wrist while showering in the small box for the shower. I think i fell more from the shock of the cold water then the slippery surface of the box. You have to wait for very long time before the water turns hot. Its was a horrible experience, i also don't feel safe because one of girl kept coming and going out of the room for whole night. Even though the staff are v nice!

Had a great stay!! Staff were super friendly and always there in a great location only thing is wish there were more plug points in the rooms !! Thanks

So good Hostel in Madrid....best location everr..just 1 metre away to Royal palace...excellent views from the room..many staff working everywhere.....superr clean...looks new..very modern concept..wifi works perfectly in the rooms..nice kitchen to cook everything...free maps and full information at reception to get anywhere...so far best host in Europe...thanks guys..you made me feel like at home

• 4th Dec 2014

BEDBUGS! IN ROOM THREE! Thought they might have been mosquito bites but it's too cold for that. Location is convenient, but hard to find on the dimly lit street at night time. Can't make any major complaints about staff except they seem a bit... lax? Either a common area doesn't exist (except at reception) or it wasn't pointed out to me during the tour. Breakfast, even for two euros should be better than the basic bread and cereal. Bunks were of the squeaky wire variety.

No bed lights or plug. Staff so relax you might wonder if they are actually working here, don't think about asking them anything tough or you for sure be bothering. Booked 8 beds room and was settled in a 10m2 overcrowed 10 beds dorm. Sangria and paella were rather good for 10€. Very well located. Do not especially recommend it but not the worst hostel you can find.

Showers sprayed out the doors of the showers when turning them on and there was no mop or towels provided to mop up the water. So the bathroom floors were always very wet. Other than that very clean good location and great staff.

Fantastic location and fantastic people. However, as fair warning, there were only two outlets in the 10 person room I stayed in. There were several outlets outside the room though. Nonetheless, would recommend to anyone touring Madrid.

• 31st Oct 2014

Very good location and very nice staffs

first of all the hostel was located in the best area of madrid and i am saying with a view of the royal palace and the cathedral. what more can i ask for ? apart from that i was in a girls room which was very clean with comfortable beds and free lockers. i could access wifi from my room which was perfect for me Hostel staffs were very attentive and always there for you to make ur stay as comfortable as possible clean linens were provided at the time of check. do try the paella they make everyday

• 26th Oct 2014