Hostel Meeting Point Reviews

Calle Factor 5, Madrid, Spain

The wi-fi signal is poor, don't reach the bedrooms, the showers are separeted from the bedrooms, and the glass is kinda transparent. The locker is too small, and they have just one socket in the bedroom, which is terrible.

Great location near palace but very average. Took a long time to check in, only could access wifi from lobby.

Overall we really enjoyed our stay here. The staff are friendly and made us feel welcome from the beginning. The only big down side was a lack of facilities to store our things when we weren't there, it was a constant worry of mine that my things would be safe. Thankfully, it was and most of the other people staying in the hostel were also really friendly. I believe it was good value for money as we had hot showers and a place to stay in a beautiful city! What more could we ask for! Thank you :)

Didn't like this hostel. The rooms are tiny and the facilities are just bad. There's a curfew for the showers and bathroom, so at 11:00pm, there is basically two bathroom left for a capacity of 50 persons. Moreover, the staff, with one exception, is rude and careless. Everything sounds like making maximum profit to the detriment of quality. It is a little cheaper than other hostel sand it's location is good, but the price difference is not worth it - there are much better hostels in Madrid.

Great location. Right by the Royal Palace. However, that was the only good thing about this hostel. The staff didn't seem to care too much about its guests. Heard from a friend that they hit on all the girls that stay there. Walls were paper-thin, so you could here everything happening outside your room. Air conditioning units were inside the rooms, however, only the staff could turn them on, and they refused to do so. Overcharged my credit card by $20 CAD. Discovered that when I got home.

The staff was either very bad at english or very noisy during nigths and frankly rather inpolite to us.

Got locked inside the toilet at night. traumatic.

Kitchen had no stove, only electrical appliances. Common room is tiny. Staff smoke at the door.

Pros- Great location right next to the palace and the cathedral, wasn't too expensive. Clean bathrooms. Cons- The kitchen definitely isn't a full kitchen. There's no stove or oven so cooking isn't the easiest. They do have a microwave, rice cooker, and toaster. The common room isn't too big as well. This is a good place to come if you have friends already but as a solo traveler it may be a bit harder to make friends here. All in all, a solid hostel though nothing spectacular.

The reception staff seemed disinterested and were often rude. The kitchen and dining area was too small for the hostel. They were installing air con when I was there and it was horribly dusty and there were wires/ladders and workmen. They should have closed the hostel for this period. Disappointing

The location is good and we enjoyed the atmosphere. On the day you check out, if you want to leave your luggage there, they charge you 3 euros per bag per hour after 1:00, which it doesn't mention online. There are other hidden charges as well, like 70 cents per page for printing. The hostel also needs more plug-ins and bathrooms. The wifi doesn't work in some of the rooms.

The lockers in the bedrooms weren't working / there was no key so I had to leave my backpack with my laptop in a locker room which they charged me to use so that I could ensure that my laptop was safe while I wasn't at the hostel. The WIFI didn't always work depending on which room you were in, but they were very phone friendly with lots of outlets to charge your electronics. Other than the locker issue, it was great. The staff was very friendly and welcoming.

• 30th Jun 2014

Meeting Point was a great place to stay in Madrid. It's centrally located and the staff members as well as other guests were very nice. Common areas are cleaned and maintained daily and the sleeping areas were relatively comfortable.

Great place, clean, very close to tube station, safe and pretty cool. Would stay again!

• 24th Jun 2014

Hostel room doors require locking with a key, which a lot of people don't do. Could do with a better system. Shower screens are near clear only having a few white narrow lines around the waist area. In a shared bathroom. Not very private. Common area was cold feeling, situated right in the hostel entrance. Not the worst hostel I've stayed at, but there are much better ones to choose from in Madrid!

Absolutely loved this place, so much I went back to see the staff when I visited Madrid again staying with a friend. Loved the location, it was amazing and easy to get around and the palace is right next to it. Great Wifi as well!

• 21st Jun 2014

It was an INCREDIBLE stay! The location is PERFECT, smack down the city center, walking distance from everywhere! The staff was helpful and warm, and the rooms, albeit small, served us perfectly. There's a yard (field? dunno) right beside the hostel, where everyone would chill and drink and make new friends. The wifi was good as well. And the price! Come on, everything I mentioned for 10eu?! It's ridiculously cheap (the whole city is cheap, really). I loved Madrid and love Meeting Point!

It's a very small and quaint place. Wifi was good overall, but not on point all the time. Staff was friendly and informative. Location is awesome!!! Near the palace and not far from puerta del sol, so you can walk anywhere. And plaza mayor is about a 3 minute walk. Over all I liked it, and id probably go back if on a budget.

Very surprised with this hostel, in a good way. The staff was really helpful and the atmosphere was incredible. Made good friends and really enjoyed my time there. The location is excellent, we could walk everywhere easily. I would definitely come back.

The staff was friendly and hostel was in great location. The bathrooms were clean and everyone seemed to hangout together in the common area.