Hostel Merlin Reviews

I stayed in the 6 bed dorm. It was 6 single beds in the roof of a house which was cool. Good hostel without being great. Had good showers, kitchen, wifi and plenty of power stations to charge phones. The staff were not that friendly or welcoming.

とにかく雰囲気が最高でした。決して新しくはないですが、綺麗にしてあって好感が持てました。ステイしている人たちも穏やかな方が多く、落ち着いて過ごせました。スタッフも素敵です。オススメします。 The atmosphere was excellent. The room was clean. People who stayed there were calm and kind, so I could spend my time freely. The staffs are also kind. I recommend you this hostel.

Some language problems which saw us lug our bags up the wrong stairs.

• 19th Jan 2016
  • Couple, 41+

Beautiful location

Located in the Old Town, along the river. Very charming house and friendly people.

Staff unfriendly and not too helpful. Beds ok but a bit dirty. Showers awful with water timing out every 45 seconds. Location good as a small town.

Everything was really good!! The staff was so very helpful. I think I was so lucky one who decide to stay the hostel even I have just stayed for a day.

staffs are nice and helpful, but the water supply and the cleanliness of the toilet can be improved.

• 23rd Dec 2015
  • Hong Kong

Such a cute place. Bed was comfy with power outlet and light. Good wifi, bathroom and kitchen facilities. Not very busy which was perfect for me. Only downside was that you should probably have some change if you expect people to pay in cash.

Maybe just because we came in so late in the season, but there was essentially no staff presence. The shower pressure isn't great & it's a bit of an annoying system — having to keep turning the water on as it stops about every two minutes. Otherwise, clean and pleasant place, very well situated.

The bathrooms are very poorly equipped and the shower had absolutely no water pressure. The water was only dripping.

We have had wonderful stay in Hotel Merlin and Cesky Krumlow with hospitable people.

• 23rd Oct 2015
  • Hungary
  • Couple, 41+

We stayed in pension merlin that faced towards the street. Facilities are complete. Hot water available but heater doesn't help much as the room is cold. Can't connect wifi in the room, have to go outside then only will be able to connect the wifi but it is freezing standing outside. Not recommended for travellers with big luggage as there is a 80 steps staircase to go before you reach pension merlin. Recommended for backpackers as it's affordable and comfortable with your own room and kitchen.

This hostel is perfect for staying in Cesky Krumlov. Great location and good kitchen.

Hostel was adorable. Right on the river and a block from the center. Perfect hostel, perfect town! :)

Very quaint! Loved the location. Wasn't sure about how to check out because there wasn't a constant staff member at the desk, but other than that it was great!

Cozy little hostel right on the river. More of a guesthouse than a hostel - don't expect much partying - but the location and interior and aesthetic are well worth it.

The location is excellent, and the building is very quaint! The walls can be pretty low on the second story and I hit my head a few times but I liked it, it reminded me of a house in the countryside! The only problem with the hostel was the bathroom. There was no soap in either one of the the sinks of the two bathrooms, and in one of the bathrooms the toilet paper ran out and it was not restocked for the entire weekend, even when I left there was still no toilet paper.

아름다운 도시에 딱 맞는 cozy 한 pension 이었습니다. 처음에 의사소통이 어려워 confusion이 있었지만 마지막엔 친절하게 서비스해주셔서 만족스런 stay 가 될수있었습니다. 방에 헤어드라이어가 있었으면 더 좋을것 같습니다:)

Experience at Merlin was amazing! Small, cute hostel right in the centre of town. Highly recommended! Great value. No complaints.

View all Cesky Krumlov Hostels