Hostel Merlin Reviews

Great hostel at a stunning location! Good facilities and kindly staff!

There are many reasons I would NOT reccomed to stay at merlin hostel. 1. The bathroom facilities and rooms are very unhygienic, we asked several times for the showers to be cleaned. It never happened. Also the showers work in ten second spouts. 2. The staff are rude and know no English, They were absolutely no help at all. 3. We found earwigs in our matress. 4. Bins were overflowing in all areas. 5. For 24hrs there was no toilet paper as the staff are rarely at the hostel. Awful place to stay.

This hostel is right in the old town, next to the river - its major advantage. Other than that fairly normal hostel facilities incl wifi, but no real common room. This meant it was hard to meet up with people here, and no real place to hang out in between doing activities in Krumlov. The showers are not great because they go for literally 5 seconds and then you have to press them again. This hostel wasn't that much fun, just a cheap place to sleep. (Note that the lockers don't work). Good value.

Cute little hostel in a great location, right next to the river. Lady at the desk didn't speak English and wasn't helpful with any of the things advertised in the reception area. Was more of a guest house than a hostel, wouldn't recommend for solo travellers. Upstairs bathroom was clean but had an awful smell that carried across the top floor.

• 23rd Jun 2014

Great location and great place to stay. My husband and I stayed in a private room for 3 nights and thoroughly enjoyed our time here. We originally booked the dorm room but we were able to change to the private room as it was the same price and it was available. They have a very good kitchen facilities on every floor and and staff are friendly and very helpful. There are also 2 minimarts very close. Would stay at this place again. Good kayak rental place next door as well

• 22nd Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

1. The staff wasn't stay in the hostel all the time. 2. The hostel's wifi wasn't good! You have to get the password and the staff wasn't there to help you. 3. When check out at 10am - there was no staff at the lobby! so just left the key at the table. 4. The bathroom was so poor!!!!! you had to push the button for the shower all the time!!!

• 15th Jun 2014
  • Thailand

Great little place, excellent location... For what you pay it was defiantly value.

the staff in hostel merlin is good. it is very close to the center, just a few minutes walk. you can also use the computer at night. however, there are no hair dryer provided.there are a little bit hot water only. we cannot take a comfortable shower on both two nights.

no individual locker in the mix sex dom. the staff will leave at 7 pm but she is really helpful. the location is excellent where just near the river and in the middle of town center. small hotel with relaxing atmosphere. recommended.

I am appreciate with the staff as she waited for my late check in as my bus arrived late. The location is ok and just 2 to 3 minutes work to the square. However, the staff always come back to hostel in the morning at around 10am and leave at around 7 pm. Therefore, you could not ask for any recommendations as you will go out to visit on that period of time. My friend and I live in the upper floor and the ceiling made me felt bad. The toilet is okay but there was a bad smell.

Very good location, friendly staff, cosy and comfortable rooms.

The only negative I would add (however I found it was the case with every place I stayed at in the Czech Republic) is that there was no obvious smoke detection and warning system in the building. As my room was on the second floor with wooden stairs, it is unlikely that escape in the event of fire would be possible. Smoke detectors and alarms are very cheap to buy in hardware stores and I'm surprised that the EU hasn't made it mandatory for anywhere that offers accommodation.

Very friendly hostel! :-)

• 17th May 2014
  • Hungary

Easy to find, and right in the middle of town. Very quiet, clean cute place. There's a grocery across the street. My only complaint is that the shower works in bursts of 10 seconds. But I'd stay here again.

Everything was fantastic. The room was great, had a great view and was in an excellent location. We would be very much inclined to stay here again.

• 13th May 2014

Great place, good place to meet other travelers.

It was a pleasure to spent one night in this hostel. Everything is so nice and good working. I really liked the room and all the common spaces. The staff is really friendly and helpful.

During my stay, the room was occupied only by myself. So it is quiet. Pro, the lady is nice, the location is ok, this is a small town. Price is fair. Con. no large locker, the matress is too soft. anyway, still recommended.

Stayed in the "hotel" part that is separate from the hostel because we booked a double room. It's good value for its location although there are some steep steps leading up to it (good exercise though).

View all Cesky Krumlov Hostels