Hostel Meyerbeer Beach Reviews

15 Rue Meyerbeer, Nice, France

Definite pros and cons at this hostel. Pros: great atmosphere, kitchen, bar fridge, spacious room, air con, can also use beach towels etc. Cons: poor wifi connection, cannot use the elevator, a few mix ups with people in my room unaware they had to change rooms, Also another con was that it's a little bit further away from old town than I'd like. All in all though, good hostel!

Amazing place! Staff is really friendly and helpful! They give you suggestions of what to do and what to see. The hostel also has a social vibe and it's super easy to meet people :).

The common area makes meeting people easy. The room was clean, had a nice bathroom, and was spacious (... for a hostel at least). Elsa (works at front desk) had great tips, was very friendly, and taught my little bro and I some French Only real downside: WiFi was mediocre and cut out occasionally. I had to do some work one day, which was difficult

I had a great stay at the Hostel Meyerbeer! The staff were excellent, very knowledgeable and extremely friendly. I would recommend anyone stay here. Very close to the beach. The rooms were cleaned often and I felt very secure with my belongings. I only wish that there was an elevator to haul up and down luggage. That would be nice! In all, a great experience. I would stay there again!

Nice friendly hostel, right next to the beach and supermarkets. Beds are fairly comfy, towels and some beach inflatables are included. Really expensive but then so is Nice really. Considering this is one of the cheapest hostels available, it was pretty nice. No lockers for bags, just a lockable drawer for valuables. Breakfast is ok but they have english tea which is a rare and awesome sight!

Brilliant location, a two minute walk straight to the beach and a supermarket next door. The lockers were too small for any bag so you have to take out the important things you have and just lock them.

Good hostel. Maybe 11 mins from train station and less than 5 to the beach. Staff were friendly and helpful. Rooms and bathroom were clean and had hot water. Room had its own mini fridge and my dorm was 8 beds/people so fridge was full. They offer pub crawl for 15 Euro and Monaco tour for 22. Wifi worked and breakfast was extremely simple but at least it is included. The common area and kitchen aren't that big but I never used. I would definitely recommend the hostel.

Wifi barely works. Bathrooms need to be cleaned properly everyday. Staff is really cool though, Gab and others were really helpful. Really close to the sea.

I liked most good location and the tours they organised. Pub crawl, walking tour and the Monaco tour, I highly recommend all of them. Wifi was good, free breakfast is really simple, lockers are basic plastic boxes. The beds were really squeaky (or at least mine was, made kind of annoying sound every time I turned). Overall a good place to stay in Nice.

Overall this was a good hostel but I've stayed in better so I don't really see why it has the title of best hostel in France. Good things are the staff that clean every day, the kitchen facilities are good, staff at reception are amazing, good there's a shower room in reception, nice to have beach mats available. Things that could be improved are the noisy beds, windows could keep the noise out more and my biggest complaint is the lack of air conditioning in the rooms. I was in room 6.

Very comfortable and people there are very nice. The shower-room in public place can be used even you have already checked-out, that helped us a lot. The kichen is sweet. A hostel Recommanded.

• 16th Jul 2015
  • China

Was a bit disappointed with this hostel.. Heard great things about it but didn't think it was that amazing. Lacked atmosphere.. Wasn't that easy to meet other travellers. Girl at reception couldn't tell me how to get to one of main attractions of the city and gave me wrong opening times for another place.. Air conditioner was broken and couldn't be turned off so almost froze to death overnight as reception not open 24 hrs. Everything else was ok. Location so close to beach was great

This hostel was state-of-the-art. Security codes to get inside the door and onto each floor, the lights are automatic and the kitchen was well-equipped. The staff were super friendly, they took at least 10 minutes to tell us all about Nice and the sights we should see. Great, spacious rooms and nice common areas. I would recommend this hostel.

A really friendly hostel, fantastic location and very well equipped. We appreciated the free breakfast and being able to borrow things for the beach (lilo, ball, mat, umbrella).

• 16th Jul 2015
  • Scotland

Lovely staff. 5 mins away from the beach.

The hostel itself is in a great location very close to the beach and the staff at the hostel are really nice. I stayed in the 8 person room and it didn't feel that clean. The bed smelt damp and the bathroom was not very clean. For the amount I paid I've stayed in much nicer hostels but I guess you pay the premium for high season and Nice.

Great location, great staff. Nice breakfast, clean rooms.

The Meyerbeer was awesome. It was clean, the beds were comfy, and the staff was so nice. They seemed to have fixed their wifi issues in the past so don't worry about those reviews. It's definitely a mixed age group at times but they have pub crawls that seem like a lot of fun and day trips to Monaco which I would have loved to do if we had more time. They also let you have free beach towels and floaties for the ocean to just take with you! Definitely stay here if you can!

Had a really great time at the hostel and will definitely be coming back again!!

Beautiful Hostel, very close to the beach. Staff is extraordinally friendly. I stayed in two different rooms, both were nice, big enough and had seperate lockers for everyone. A lot of goodies, such as DVDs, books or air mattresses for the beach were available. I had an issue with the shower, which was solved within a day. Only limitations: A bit expensive, the breakfast was poor and some things were not working properly (PlayStation, toilet flush, shower door).

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7