Hostel Meyerbeer Beach Reviews

15 Rue Meyerbeer, Nice, France

Great location, 10 min walk from train station, one block from beach, supermarket next door, laundrette round the corner. Staff really helpful. Rooms pretty small but ok. Overall would stay there again.

Atmosphere and location were outstanding (so close to everything!) Super close to the beach, and great hostel activities. The doors use metal keys, and the doors are quite difficult to open without the right trick. Other than the doors, loved this hostel. Ensuite bathrooms are a nice change from the usual dorm-style at other hostels. Would definitely recommend.

Amazing location, right by the beach! The guy at the desk was SO helpful, he helped us figure out our bus back. Decent included breakfast. Cool atmosphere, pub crawl and walking tours are a plus. Only not so great thing is the "lockers" - plastic and not super secure. Would return!

• 19th Sep 2014

We had an amazing experience at this hostel. During our trip we stayed at various airbnb apartments and hostels, this was one of the best. The location was amazing (really close to everything), the staff was super helpful and the value was wonderful. I would highly recommend this hostel.

• 17th Sep 2014

So happy with my choice to stay here! Everyone at Meyerbeer Beach, including staff and other guests were amazing. The beach is a 2 minute walk down the street, and the beach mats available at the hostel were a great feature. There is also a grocery store next door and kitchen in the hostel which makes cooking your own food here very easy if you're looking to save a bit. I would definitely come back here again!

• 17th Sep 2014

The so-called lockers were plastic boxes in an ikea expedit shelf with loops for the locks .. Didn't seem that safe. Apart form that the location was really close to a free (!) beach and the staff was nice!

Really great location - minutes from the beach and a short walk to the old town. Easy to meet people in the common room and kitchen. Free to borrow beach mats and towels. Only negative was the lock on my door which was very stiff to open (but not insecure) and it would have been nice to have lockers in the bedroom for personal belongings.

We are a bunch of six from India and we loved everything about the stay at Meyerbeer. The private ensuite rooms were clean and spacious and the staff was super friendly. It was my second time using Hostel World at Nice after Paris and the only regret was that we got only three days to enjoy one of the most beautiful place in Europe!

Good value for money, friendly atmosphere and clean. good location also, given the cost of other hotels near the beach.

• 14th Sep 2014

I suffered from bed bug bites during my stay here

• 14th Sep 2014

The location is very good,one block to the beach and a 10min walk to train station.Bars and restaurants all around and the walk to the old town is about 10min also.Breakfast is only ok.Nutella,melba toast,croissants and other sweet cake-like things,very tiny cups for your tea/coffee!Luckily,there is a very good supermarket right next door.My dorm room was nice.If you wanted to lock away valuables there was only a plastic drawer which you would need you own lock for and did not seem very secure.

friendly frontdesk staff, clean rooms, only slightly negative aspect was that there were only few plug-ins in the room

Great hostel, staff were v friendly, couldnt meet a nicer bunch! Best of luck guys!!

• 6th Sep 2014

Probably the best in Nice, the location to the beach and facilities are excellent. I could not be more pleased.

Easy place to meet people. Very close to the beach. Good bathroom facilities. Overall a good hostel.

Good location. Spotty wifi but overall, good stay.

great hostel. it lives up to it's high rating. tended to hang out with the people in my room - I mean we kind of felt like a family or tribe or something, even as old people left and new people came. a little harder to meet people in the common area since we were already hanging out by rooms. I'm staying here again at the end of my trip so I guess that I like place right? P.S. I wish the "lockers" were sturdier and larger - they are smaller plastic bins were you can attach a little lock.

Awesome hostel. 1min walk from the beach and 10mins from train station. Great kitchen and common room so it's easy to meet people.

• 31st Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

The staff was super friendly and very helpful. I enjoyed my stay there and made many friends. I liked the balcony in our room. The only concern that I have is the lockers are easy to break even if I use my own locks. I didn't use them coz the ppl I stayed with were cool.

Great location and friendly staff. Hostel was mediocre but they had the pub crawl organized which I would highly recommend.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7