Hostel Meyerbeer Beach Reviews

15 Rue Meyerbeer, Nice, France

Brilliant location, a two minute walk straight to the beach and a supermarket next door. The lockers were too small for any bag so you have to take out the important things you have and just lock them.

Good hostel. Maybe 11 mins from train station and less than 5 to the beach. Staff were friendly and helpful. Rooms and bathroom were clean and had hot water. Room had its own mini fridge and my dorm was 8 beds/people so fridge was full. They offer pub crawl for 15 Euro and Monaco tour for 22. Wifi worked and breakfast was extremely simple but at least it is included. The common area and kitchen aren't that big but I never used. I would definitely recommend the hostel.

I liked most good location and the tours they organised. Pub crawl, walking tour and the Monaco tour, I highly recommend all of them. Wifi was good, free breakfast is really simple, lockers are basic plastic boxes. The beds were really squeaky (or at least mine was, made kind of annoying sound every time I turned). Overall a good place to stay in Nice.

Was a bit disappointed with this hostel.. Heard great things about it but didn't think it was that amazing. Lacked atmosphere.. Wasn't that easy to meet other travellers. Girl at reception couldn't tell me how to get to one of main attractions of the city and gave me wrong opening times for another place.. Air conditioner was broken and couldn't be turned off so almost froze to death overnight as reception not open 24 hrs. Everything else was ok. Location so close to beach was great

This hostel was state-of-the-art. Security codes to get inside the door and onto each floor, the lights are automatic and the kitchen was well-equipped. The staff were super friendly, they took at least 10 minutes to tell us all about Nice and the sights we should see. Great, spacious rooms and nice common areas. I would recommend this hostel.

A really friendly hostel, fantastic location and very well equipped. We appreciated the free breakfast and being able to borrow things for the beach (lilo, ball, mat, umbrella).

• 16th Jul 2015
  • Scotland

Lovely staff. 5 mins away from the beach.

The hostel itself is in a great location very close to the beach and the staff at the hostel are really nice. I stayed in the 8 person room and it didn't feel that clean. The bed smelt damp and the bathroom was not very clean. For the amount I paid I've stayed in much nicer hostels but I guess you pay the premium for high season and Nice.

Great location, great staff. Nice breakfast, clean rooms.

The Meyerbeer was awesome. It was clean, the beds were comfy, and the staff was so nice. They seemed to have fixed their wifi issues in the past so don't worry about those reviews. It's definitely a mixed age group at times but they have pub crawls that seem like a lot of fun and day trips to Monaco which I would have loved to do if we had more time. They also let you have free beach towels and floaties for the ocean to just take with you! Definitely stay here if you can!

Had a really great time at the hostel and will definitely be coming back again!!

Beautiful Hostel, very close to the beach. Staff is extraordinally friendly. I stayed in two different rooms, both were nice, big enough and had seperate lockers for everyone. A lot of goodies, such as DVDs, books or air mattresses for the beach were available. I had an issue with the shower, which was solved within a day. Only limitations: A bit expensive, the breakfast was poor and some things were not working properly (PlayStation, toilet flush, shower door).

I rated the security average because they don't have safes for your things, just plastic drawers that you can lock, but they don't provide locks. You have to bring your own. However, I felt very safe in the hostel and left my passport and other valuables in the room a couple times. I was traveling alone, but the others in my mixed 4 bed dorm were very nice and friendly. Overall I loved my experience there! Great location and they provide beach towels and floaties (beds/ inner tubes)

• 5th Jul 2015

The receptionists were all very helpful. Especially Sophie, a fellow Aussie who helped me to feel very welcome and become familiar with the beautiful city of Nice during my first time staying in a hostel on my own. Awesome staff and location of hostel:D

• 4th Jul 2015

I only stayed for one night, but I enjoyed my time there. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the atmosphere was very relaxed and youthful. Very nice place. All I have to say is that someone in my room left the window open all night and there was a lot of street noise.

the staff are really kind,have good time here, near the sea, only two minutes by walk!

This hostel is definitely worth the money. It's less than a five minute walk to beautiful beaches, restaurants everywhere, and they had a bar crawl which is a great way to meet people. Everything was clean and the staff was really helpful. It was just a really pleasant experience. I have no complaints. Oh except that the beds are creaky.

Our room was on the same floor as the reception and kitchen/living room and the sound isolation was terrible so we heard everything going on there far to well. That made it hard to sleep evenings when people gathered in the living room, even though it was supposed to be quiet by midnight. Our bed also made a lot of noice everytime we moved. Everything else was nice; staff, location, security, room etc.

Good hostel with a great location & staff. The kitchen and common area are quite tiny, so if you want to cook you might have to wait for others to finish. Rooms are good with AC and a small locker for valuables.

By far the best hostel we have stayed in. The only negative element of Meybeer is the loudness of the street can be heard in the dorms and the curtains are transparent, therefore you wake up as soon as the sun rises.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7