Hostel Meyerbeer Beach Reviews

15 Rue Meyerbeer, Nice, France

I had a great time here. The staff were awesome and everyone at the hostel was really great. It was close to the train station and a block from the beach. I would definitely stay here again. The only downfall was one of my roommates was living in the hostel and he brought back his girlfriend for the evening in our room. Let's just say they needed their own room. Overall had a great time here though.

One of the best hostels i've stayed. Staff is amazing, bathrooms are clean amd location is great

Met some really nice people at this hostel. It's very social. Staff were very nice and helpful. Located right next to the beach. Rooms were a good size but the beds were very noisy and the lockers were insufficient (idea bookcase with plastic drawers and metal loops for a lock). The rooms and bathroom were very dirty and were not cleaned for 3 of my 4 nights stay which was unpleasant and disappointing. I would however stay here again hoping that the cleanliness is improved.

Loved this hostel. Great staff, great location, good people. Some of the appliances in the kitchen weren't working which was my only drawback. Ended up staying an extra night after my plans changed and they accommodated me with no problem. Definitely recommend this hostel.

The staff here are really great, especially the blonde girl with glasses who works the evening shift. Also has a great location, kitchen, free breakfast and towels! Thanks we had a great stay.

Close to the beach which is good but not very close to the station. The wifi is not well connected even in the common zone.

Our room was tiny - we couldn't even open the door properly. Also the room had an awful smell as did the bathroom which was full of mould. Also the beds were awfully thin and uncomfortable. However the common area was nice and had a pretty good atmosphere and the location was pretty good. In saying that I would properly choose to stay somewhere else next time.

Pros: very sociable hostel, lovely staff, short walk to attractions in Nice, supermarket downstairs. Cons: tiny, messy dorm room, both fridge and bathroom in dorm smelt APALLING, wifi pretty terrible. I had a great time there because of the people I met.

We had a great stay here! A lot of young residents so it was easy to meet new people. The hostel is only minutes away from the beach and anything else you want to see. The staff was very friendly and gave us great recommendations on things to do and places to eat. I would definitely recommend staying here!

The staff were amazing. I really appreciated the time they took to help me and other guests with our travel plans.

• 6th Nov 2015
  • South Africa

Superb hostel! Staff are friendly and super helpful with recommendations. Just a casual 1 minute walk to the beach and 10 minutes from the main train station, this is an absolute winner. #nice

Nice staffs and clean place. Also they give us towel. But the shower pressure is tooo weak. And can't use the elevator

Our room was located right by the reception so it was very noisy at night when people were drinking in the common area and in the morning when people were checking out and having breakfast, the receptionist was also blasting music when we were trying to sleep. Great location by the beach. Didn't have breakfast because it was too busy but there is a great cafe beside that had amazing smoothies!

Excellent hostel for genuine travellers. 10 minute walk from train station and 1 block from the beach. Clean rooms. Fully equipped kitchen and bar fridges in each room, allowing you to store leftovers l. Supermarket downstairs. Helpful and knowledgeable staff. Social area is great. Power went out one night and all hostellers went out for a drink together.

I LOVED this hostel. Super close to the beach and there's a really great grocery store right next door! The staff was awesome and the atmosphere was on point for sure. Highly recommend. Probably my favorite hostel yet!

Super friendly & helpful staff. Excellent common area/kitchen. So good for meeting other travelers without actually being a party hostel. Had a few drinks there each night (supermarket right next door), before heading to some excellent bars 15 minutes walk away (go to Wayne's). Close to beach & bus stop. Beds, showers, wifi & breakfast are pretty mediocre but not terrible. I would definitely recommend this place, especially for solo travelers.

The hostel location is fantastic, just 5 minutes to the beach, 15 minutes to the city center. I could go to the beach any time I wanted. The staff are very helpful, especially Elsa. She can give you all the information you need. The hostel is very clean too. The facilities and the breakfast are not so well but you can survive with good people and location. I really enjoyed the time when I stayed in the hostel.

Everything is good! Unless, when they took my own towel to wash asuming it was theirs. I hang my own towel in the bathroom, where there was clearly sign said 'towels left in the floor means to changed/washed, otherwise the hung towels mean the guess want to use it again', but when I'm back, all towels was changed and my towel was dissappear. Other point is you should book your own taxi, they ask for deposit for the taxi they book for you, but you have no guarantee the taxi will wait for you.

• 30th Oct 2015
  • Indonesia

Great location, staff really nice and helpful Communal area is pretty small, free brekkie but all sweet things, some cheese or some thing would be good. Room good but door latch and handle mentioned had to slam it to close it. Nice place

I would surely come back. Really nice people, nice space organized and clean. The staff helps us whenever we need. Wonderful experience. Thank you Meyerbeer Beach Hostel!

• 25th Oct 2015