Hostel Meyerbeer Beach Reviews

15 Rue Meyerbeer, Nice, France

Amazing location, right by the beach! The guy at the desk was SO helpful, he helped us figure out our bus back. Decent included breakfast. Cool atmosphere, pub crawl and walking tours are a plus. Only not so great thing is the "lockers" - plastic and not super secure. Would return!

• 19th Sep 2014

The so-called lockers were plastic boxes in an ikea expedit shelf with loops for the locks .. Didn't seem that safe. Apart form that the location was really close to a free (!) beach and the staff was nice!

Good value for money, friendly atmosphere and clean. good location also, given the cost of other hotels near the beach.

• 14th Sep 2014

I suffered from bed bug bites during my stay here

• 14th Sep 2014

The location is very good,one block to the beach and a 10min walk to train station.Bars and restaurants all around and the walk to the old town is about 10min also.Breakfast is only ok.Nutella,melba toast,croissants and other sweet cake-like things,very tiny cups for your tea/coffee!Luckily,there is a very good supermarket right next door.My dorm room was nice.If you wanted to lock away valuables there was only a plastic drawer which you would need you own lock for and did not seem very secure.

Great hostel, staff were v friendly, couldnt meet a nicer bunch! Best of luck guys!!

• 6th Sep 2014

Despite the comments about bedbugs I was real hesitant towards this place but I nor any of my roommates had issues. I did hear one girl complain about them at the desk however. It's just serious bad luck if you do. I thought this place was brilliant, great vibes, good facilities, good location, clean and relatively safe. Worth the risk! (Of bedbugs...)

• 6th Sep 2014
  • Wales

Probably the best in Nice, the location to the beach and facilities are excellent. I could not be more pleased.

Easy place to meet people. Very close to the beach. Good bathroom facilities. Overall a good hostel.

Good location. Spotty wifi but overall, good stay.

Awesome hostel. 1min walk from the beach and 10mins from train station. Great kitchen and common room so it's easy to meet people.

• 31st Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

The staff was super friendly and very helpful. I enjoyed my stay there and made many friends. I liked the balcony in our room. The only concern that I have is the lockers are easy to break even if I use my own locks. I didn't use them coz the ppl I stayed with were cool.

Great location and friendly staff. Hostel was mediocre but they had the pub crawl organized which I would highly recommend.

Great hostel, great location, great staff. I have nothing bad to say about it!

The location is perfect and the staff is helpful. Can borrow the beach mat at the counter, very friendly. Comparing to other hostels I stayed in London or Germany, the room space and cleanliness can be improved a bit. Well but it may be French standard... not sure. Overall, my stay here was good and enjoyable.

My only complaint is that we had to wait until 3:30pm to check in because the room was not ready. For the rest, it was a great stay. Amazing staff, clean rooms, and there is a kitchen where you can cook in case you want to save some extra money. Breakfast was good too.

• 26th Aug 2014
  • Colombia

Great location, facilities and staff very friendly and helpful. Loved it.

Hands down one of the best experiences of my life. I had never stayed at a hostel before and was actually quite nervous but Hostel Meyerbeer when above and beyond my expectations. I cannot wait to go back one day.

• 23rd Aug 2014

wifi does not work on the second floor

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Turkey

Close to beach. Good way to meet fellow travellers.

• 21st Aug 2014