Hostel Meyerbeer Beach Reviews

15 Rue Meyerbeer, Nice, France

The staff is great - very helpfull and cheerfull girls. It is very clean. Location is almost perfect. Atmosphere is very good - although the common area/reception could be open 24h. Free "breakfast" is a nice touch.

Pretty solid hostel, reliably clean and adequate facilities. The best thing about the hostel is definitely Francisco or Frank Iodice, who is a really lovely writer and hostel staff member who will direct you to the best places in town :)

An amazing hostel, one of the best I have stayed in great staff great location very clean and a great atmosphere.

The security is not super at this hostel for the simple reason that there is no 24h reception. People can come back and forth in the hostel at night and make noise, still or do whatever they want because there is no one at the office. If you don't mind, the overall of this hostel is PERFECT!

• 11th Jan 2015

Arrived and they had no record of our booking. Not sure if it was their fault or hostelworlds but the girl at reception was really helpful in organising a new room (although we did still lose our deposit). only stayed one night. Place was really nice, spacious room, comfy beds, tidy Ensuite. Small fridge in the room, good kitchen downstairs. Wifi on our floor wasn't working tho. Reception was extremely helpful with advice for around town/travelling to Monaco etc. Would recommend.

Nice hostel in a good location near the beach. Staff were lovely and very helpful. Kitchen was really good and we were able to cook every night. Atmosphere was quiet but it is the down season. Would definitely recommend it.

The hostel is nice, in a good position, good for riders.. Guests were not so polite, when they enter dorms late at night (2 am) where noisy and careless of other people rest.. I didn't enjoy sleeping with a dog in the room.. Maybe there should be a rule..

nice little hostel in good position with friendly staff.. the rooms are cute but dirty especially the sheets..

Great hostel heaps of fun. Great staff. Met some fun people there. Close to the beach.

Great location! 15 minute walk from train station, 2 minutes from beach, next to grocery store. Wifi worked the first night I was there then never again- has to go to reception. Bathroom, rooms, and common area very clean. Staff very friendly and helpful.

It is located really near to the Promenade and it was very easy to find. Buses from the airport drops off passengers at the station along the Promenade. It is also easily accessible via the Gare Nice de Ville train station. Clean place and a very homely atmosphere. Enjoyed my stay here. Highly recommended if looking for a place to stay in Nice.

Great hostel, no complaints from me!

Great time there, and I also had a upgrade when I arrived. Francesco is very nice, polite, knows a lot about the region and he usually talks more tips that you ask. Other girl is also good, but she usually answers only what you ask. I would stay there again, specially in the summer time. The hostel has what travels need.

• 24th Dec 2014

excellently located righr near the beach but also close to the train station and all the other sites. the staff were very friendly and more than happy to answer any questions and give recommendations. the rooms were spacious and had a bathroom inside, very conventient. the kitchen was set up with everything you could need to cook. I would definitely stay here if in Nice again!

the staff was fantastic. the location - two blocks from the water and less than 10 minute walk from the old town and major areas. the common area is small but cozy. my only complaint is getting bit by bugs in the bed i was staying in. all over my arms. they were nice enough to pay for something from the pharmacy, but my arm bites were swollen. no one else suffered from it, so i cant say its a major deal, but other than that, i would recommend this place.

My stay was great. Rooms were clean and everything promised was provided, atmosphere was friendly and open, and it its beachside location is great for getting to anywhere in the city. Would definetely stay there again.

Will go back!!! I loved this hostel and I will choose it again if I'm ever in Nice. Close to the stop for the airport bus, cool facilities, great room with hotel- feeling and super nice staff. The only thing I could comment on is lack of information regarding night entrance (we had to call an annoyed night guard who informed us that we had to type the code, which we hadn't been given), and the breakfast was pricey for what we got. But I think the good things absolutely made up for it!

• 15th Dec 2014
  • Sweden

I'm a 23 year old Canadian guy, and this was the place to be. Very fun, incredible staff, and amazing location. Couldn't have asked for a better hostel!

• 15th Dec 2014

Very good hostel

It is very close to the beach. We booked a double room and they gave us a triple room which was very beautiful and clean like a 3 star hotel. But what really disturbed us was that there was no hot water at late night. I guess they use the water tank system so all hot water was used up by others when we bathed late. My boyfriend had to bath in cold water in winter after the hot water ran out suddenly and I had to bath in the next morning.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7