Hostel Meyerbeer Beach Reviews

15 Rue Meyerbeer, Nice, France

Really enjoyed my time at Hostel Meterbeer, location is the best thing about this hostel with it being not more than 300m from the beach and less than 1km from the train station. Couldn't ask for much more when it comes to location. The star were very friendly and even upgraded us from a 6-bed to a 4-bed for free. Lovely place to stay in Nice

Really enjoyed my stay here. Special thanks to two girls Ilenia and Elsa who were both fantastic and very good to me not only on arrival but for my entire stay there. Being an older traveller/backpacker both made me feel particularly welcome. A "BIG THANKS" girls. Only 10 minutes from the station and less than 300 metres for the beachfront it was in a great location. Thoroughly recommend it..

I loved this place! Met some amazing people, such a social atmosphere, one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at! Staff were amazing, kitchen was good, fun events, super clean!

everything was great just the breakfast was really nothing you should call "breakfast". some packed chocolate bread and a few others. otherwise small and cozy. inviting to meet new people.

Nice hostel overall, in all fronts it was pretty good except the toilet facilities but I believe this was just a one off. Our ensuite toilet didn't work, and the engineer reluctantly came up like 3 or 4 times, each time angrily declaring that it was fine when it clearly wasn't. He finally fixed it but then it had a constant squeaking sound, so the people in my room resorted to turning off the water to the toilet until they needed to use it. Apart from that incident, all good :)

Very nice hostel with great and friendly staff. Very hostel orientated and happy to help in any way. Only problem was I got a top bunk (personal preference) and I hated it! So not much to complain about!

Hey guys! I was greeted with a warm welcome! Thanks for that! :) Really appreciated it! The stay was awesome, met some wonderful people! The common area, though a little small is was super cosy! :) Thanks for a memorable stay! :)

Do not stay at this hostel if you want to sleep at all. Not only were the other guests loud but just the location of it was loud in terms of street/car noise. The location, however, was excellent. Two blocks from the beach and walking distance from the train station and other attractions in Nice. Next door to a grocery store and a there is a kitchen to cook in which is nice since most restaurants are expensive. The kitchen does get quite crowded during meal time, though.

This place is a little overrated, but still fine. Not a great value for the money, but has a great location. Some facilities they claimed to have weren't available when I arrived (hair dryers, walking tours, etc.).

Only stayed for 1 night, but we had a good experience. Small lockers big enough for valuables. Squeaky but comfortable beds. Ensuite showers decent. Standard free breakfast of packaged pastries and yogurt. We had a group of people hanging out in the common room at night, and a kid sprayed champagne all over the floor and the guy at the desk didn't even get mad, just helped him clean it up. The girl at the desk during the day is also super nice, friendly, and helpful. Would probably stay again!

Very noisy due to street noise which isn't great - I enjoyed my stay in the hostel but didn't get as much sleep as I would of liked. Breakfast is lacking - the day I left I had breakfast 8ish and got a croissant which made it slightly better but the packets of stuff aren't great. Would think it would be better and easier if there was some sliced bread which could be toasted and some jam and spreads.

I had an amazing time at the hostel. It's location is priceless. less than 10 minutes from the Train station and less than a 2 minute walk to the beach. it was really clean, the staff where great and extremely helpful. it looks just like the picture did. I would totally recommend this hostel to anyone.

Great hostel spotlessly clean, great location, friendly atmosphere, and all the girls at reception are sweethearts

Great location! Staff was really helpful. Hot showers and air condition was spot on! Can't say anything bad aside from hairdryers needing adapters (for US). Room 17 was really comfortable. One suggestion would be hangers or ward robe for jackets. Will come back again!

Actually stayed five nights here due to a freak rainstorm. Everything is pretty well done. The common room usually had a good vibe but they close it down around 1. Nice staff and very close to the beach and cheap supermarket. Old town is a bit of a walk. Overall it's pretty Nice (couldn't resist).

Decent hostel. Good location, friendly staff and nice to meet people. On the downside: very sqeeky bed bunks, way too little power points (only 3 available in a room of 6) and the room needs a mirror outside of the bathroom to make it easier for people (especially girls) to get ready outside of the bathroom.

Excellent location , good small friendly meeting room beside handy kitchen. Friendly hostel in a friendly city. Cleaner than a hotel I also stayed in! Might need to close external door and use code for entrance...it's a security risk otherwise. There is street noise..pack earplugs and you'll sleep ..

Great hostel, the staff was amazing and makes such a difference to you're stay in a hostel! Very friendly and informative. The atmosphere was excellent, great place to meet other travellers. It has been my favorite hostel so far!

• 27th Sep 2015

The kitchen is closed between 2 - 8 am, which delayed us getting read for th day

Perfect location 2 min walk to the beach, amazing location, friendly staff, great kitchen for cooking, right next to the supermarket and 10 min walk from the station. Breakfast is extremely basic and it is on a busy street so you can here traffic all night. Beds very old and noisy.