Hostel Meyerbeer Beach Reviews

15 Rue Meyerbeer, Nice, France

Great location, friendly staff and nice rooms. We had a minor problem with ants in the room, but it was solved quickly and didn't affect our stay. There was also a lot of noise coming froom the lounge area when we tried to sleep, but again this was a minor problem and is definitely not guaranteed to happen with everyone. Overall we had a very pleasant 3-night stay. Recommended.

Very loud at night, the music and talking doesn't stop until after midnight.

We stayed here for two nights and had an great time! The staff is super friendly and helpful, you seriously cannot beat the location and rooms were clean and cute with their own clean bathrooms. Breakfast was also included which was great, will definitely be back!

• 31st May 2014

The common room is way too small. Can get really busy at times, not really conducive to making friends I thought because of the tight space. 4 person room we had was great. Beds were comfy, bathroom was clean. Not bad. Will do the job. Staff were nice.

• 30th May 2014

Great atmosphere, very sociable, great place for backpackers of all ages and backgrounds.

Loved this hostal! There was a great sense of community and everyone got to know each other very well! Very clean and cute place! Location was good right by the beach but a little but of a walk to the port and that side of nice! Recommend this hostal to anyone

• 29th May 2014

I would recommend this hostel for young travelers looking to have fun and go out. However for those who aren't, I found it extremely loud and hard to get a full nights sleep. Overall great facilities though and lovely staff!

My bathroom was flooded when I showered for the first time. The water wouldn't disappear even though the drain was totally clean. Wasn't very funny to deal with that mess. Additionally, the prices were way too high. 250 Euros a night?!

So much fun! Common room was great, kitchen was well equipped, rooms clean (beds very squicky) all round heaps of fun, thanks!

The hostel was in a great location, very close to the beach and had a really nice atmosphere, with communal space for hanging out. It was really nicely decorated, including the rooms and staff were very helpful. The kitchen was a bit small, and there was only one saucepan (!) but the breakfast was really nice, and fancier than in most hostels.

• 22nd May 2014

Great place situated right by the water, bought a 10 minute walk from the train station. There was one staff guy, seemed to be the janitor of some sort, who was kind of mean, but everyone else was awesome.

Best hostel I've stayed at my entire time in europe. Keep up the excellent work.

Really nice modern hostel- right next to the beach and ten/fifteen minutes from the station. The kitchen is pretty small and had only one saucepan- but apart from that tiny thing it was amazing! the staff were really friendly and there was a hostel pub crawl organised while we were there; so it is easy to meet people.

The beds and bathrooms were very clean. Staff was friendly and very attentive. One drawback was the common area was pretty small. Around dinner time it was kind of hard to move around, but all in all I really enjoyed my stay with them.

The staff was just superb.

Cool place, fun atmosphere. Staff was very helpful.

Great and very helpful staff, especially Lucas and Luis. Close proximity to the old town square, supermarket, and a stone throw distance to the beach.

This was a great little hostel. The rooms had ensuites and a fridge to store your food. It was so handy having a kitchen to cook in and a supermarket right downstairs, although it got really busy at times. It was cool to hang out in the common area and drink cheap wine from the supermarket and meet other travellers. It's literally a two minute walk to the beach and the hostel has beach towels that you can use for free. Great place to stay!

I have been there over 10 years and every time I have enjoyed to stay there. I feel to return to my second home in Nice. The little reception with kitchen and living area give feeling of home like living. When I go out the sea is near, supermarket in next door are the things I need every day. Seija Kylä-Markula

This hostel was the cleanest hostel I have ever stayed in. Not only that, but the staff was incredibly helpful in helping me plan my unplanned trip around the French Riviera.