Hostel Meyerbeer Beach Reviews

15 Rue Meyerbeer, Nice, France

Great hostel heaps of fun. Great staff. Met some fun people there. Close to the beach.

Great location! 15 minute walk from train station, 2 minutes from beach, next to grocery store. Wifi worked the first night I was there then never again- has to go to reception. Bathroom, rooms, and common area very clean. Staff very friendly and helpful.

It is located really near to the Promenade and it was very easy to find. Buses from the airport drops off passengers at the station along the Promenade. It is also easily accessible via the Gare Nice de Ville train station. Clean place and a very homely atmosphere. Enjoyed my stay here. Highly recommended if looking for a place to stay in Nice.

Great hostel, no complaints from me!

Great time there, and I also had a upgrade when I arrived. Francesco is very nice, polite, knows a lot about the region and he usually talks more tips that you ask. Other girl is also good, but she usually answers only what you ask. I would stay there again, specially in the summer time. The hostel has what travels need.

• 24th Dec 2014

excellently located righr near the beach but also close to the train station and all the other sites. the staff were very friendly and more than happy to answer any questions and give recommendations. the rooms were spacious and had a bathroom inside, very conventient. the kitchen was set up with everything you could need to cook. I would definitely stay here if in Nice again!

the staff was fantastic. the location - two blocks from the water and less than 10 minute walk from the old town and major areas. the common area is small but cozy. my only complaint is getting bit by bugs in the bed i was staying in. all over my arms. they were nice enough to pay for something from the pharmacy, but my arm bites were swollen. no one else suffered from it, so i cant say its a major deal, but other than that, i would recommend this place.

My stay was great. Rooms were clean and everything promised was provided, atmosphere was friendly and open, and it its beachside location is great for getting to anywhere in the city. Would definetely stay there again.

Will go back!!! I loved this hostel and I will choose it again if I'm ever in Nice. Close to the stop for the airport bus, cool facilities, great room with hotel- feeling and super nice staff. The only thing I could comment on is lack of information regarding night entrance (we had to call an annoyed night guard who informed us that we had to type the code, which we hadn't been given), and the breakfast was pricey for what we got. But I think the good things absolutely made up for it!

• 15th Dec 2014
  • Sweden

I'm a 23 year old Canadian guy, and this was the place to be. Very fun, incredible staff, and amazing location. Couldn't have asked for a better hostel!

• 15th Dec 2014

Very good hostel

It is very close to the beach. We booked a double room and they gave us a triple room which was very beautiful and clean like a 3 star hotel. But what really disturbed us was that there was no hot water at late night. I guess they use the water tank system so all hot water was used up by others when we bathed late. My boyfriend had to bath in cold water in winter after the hot water ran out suddenly and I had to bath in the next morning.

We stayed in 4 bed mixed dorm en suite for the 1st night, the room was so tight and packed with bed (no bunk bed). We had so limited space to organize our luggage and anything, the bathroom was flooding after bathing for a while so we decided to change to 2 bes private room and staff was really helpful, she organized everything for us in 10 minutes.

Loved the common area! And a good kitchen too, even if it small!

Amazing atmosphere, Ella was exceptional, very helpful and nice, good opportunity to meet people but as it was winter they didn't run any of the free walking tours that they do in summer. The wifi was bad in the room I was in but fine in reception

Very good hostel on the whole. Rooms were a little small and the metal framed bunk beds rattled a bit. Nice common area to meet people and hang out. Small kitchen but it had everything you needed to make a meal. Staff were friendly and helpful.

The atmosphere and the staff was great. Wifi was quite good and the common area although small was comfortable. The only downside was that the bunk beds were not that great, they shook like crazy, I was on the top bunk and just sitting up in bed made the bed shake. Some rooms didn't have bunk beds so if you get one of those you're set.

Great location; 10 min walk to the main train station, 5 min walk to the beach and right next door to a market. Kitchen was small but well equipped and common area was a great place to meet new people. Rooms were cramped and included a mini fridge which smelled.

Amazing stay, helpful staff, perfect location.

helpful staff. clean room and good shower. the kitchen is clean as well. but it's a bit far from the railway station abt 15 mins walking distance. but still will consider to stay there again.

• 1st Dec 2014