Hostel Meyerbeer Beach Reviews

15 Rue Meyerbeer, Nice, France

Stiff is super friendly and helpful. Location is awesome (1 block from the sea, 5 minutes from the train, 2/10 minutes from everything else). Has a supermarket next door. Wifi and computers work well. Good atmosphere.

I canceled a reservation 8 days in advance of departure. The hostel went ahead and charged my debit card anyway. Not only did the hostel not acknowledge my email canceling the reservation, but after 3 different follow-up emails and a voicemail, I have received absolutely no phone call as to how I can get my money back. In all of the traveling I have done since age 21 in Europe, I have NEVER had a bad hostel experience. This is the first - and I didn't even stay there.

It was wonderful. The staff was extremely helpful, friendly, funny, always ready to help. The atmosphere was so warm and all the travelers were friendly as well. It was close to everything that we wanted to see in Nice, and close to the nightlife. I had a great time.

• 7th Feb 2014
  • Albania

Great location, excellent price

• 7th Feb 2014
  • Mexico

Only had one night here but it was amazing. Staff are so wonderful and helpful I couldn't recommend it more. (You'll want to stay for more than one night). Friendly and casual environment. Thanks so much!

The atmosphere and the staff were so great! Always offered assistance and helped with any inquiries! Great location, right near many restaurants and lots of great shops! The rooms were a little bit cramped but overall was great, and would stay there again!

This hostel has a great location within walking distance of the train station and different attractions, and is only a few minutes walk from the beach. They have a kitchen which is nice but it is quite small and can get really busy in the evening. The staff were great; one girl in particular went above and beyond to make sure we had a good stay, got all the information of Nice and the surrounding area, and just seemed to care about your overall well being; really great person!

I really enjoyed my stay here! It was walking distance to the train station, people were friendly and it was easy to meet people in the lounge/kitchen area. Bathrooms were clean, nothing really to complain about as staff were friendly and concerned about giving us a great experience!

Great hostel and great location, good value for money. Would be excellent in summer. Staff super friendly

Common room was a great place to hang out at night, very cozy with great facilities. Nice social atmosphere though didn't have a big party atmosphere when I was there. The staff is amazing and they go out of the way to answer questions, give advice and even print out bus schedules and such for you!

A great hostel in the centre of nice. Very well located with a supermarket underneath, staff are fantastic full of local knowledge

Awesome hostel with a great atmosphere! The staff were very helpful and friendly, played good music, clean rooms and oven in the kitchen which is nice! Supermarket right below it and very close to the beach. Only downsides: Wifi was on and off in the room and the common area was a little small. Would definitely recommend!

This is the best hostel I have stayed in! From the minute I walked people were friendly and from all around the world. They only complaint I have is the door to room 20 is really hard to open so try not to stay in that room unless it has been fixed. The kitchen is full of spices and has everything you need to cook. The staff is extra friendly and will even tell what to do in your next cities! If you are in Nice STAY HERE!

Very helpfull staff!

• 14th Jan 2014

We ended up swapping a dorm room for a double and it was very well equipped, and cleaned every day. The location was lovely, a mere stroll to the beach and around 5 minute walk to the train station. The TV in the room didn't work, but it didn't bother us because there is too much to do in Nice. Breakfast was handy and perfect for me (I don't usually eat breakfast) - so if you're expecting a feast then you may be disappointed.

I would definitely stay at Hostel Meyerbeer Beach again. The only thing that went wrong was the shower did not drain well and within a few minutes I had to get out before it overflowed.

Due to us missing the first night booked, Pia was so apologetic that she offered us a free breakfast. Also could not have been a better host for the Meyerbeer Beach hostel. The room was lovely & the shower very hot. Many thanks for your hospitality. Jenny & Kate Walker

• 5th Jan 2014

Well, there's a female staff in this hostel that is really friendly. I love her a lot, really helpful but not over the top. If there's anything that I love about the hostel, that'd be her! (Didn't ask the name.) I went there in winter, the only 'duvet' they provided is a blanket, which is really not enough, although there's air conditioner in the room. Even in Barcelona, a warmer city, I was provided with a duvet! I got cold after staying for 2 nights, which is horrible. I wouldn't come back

Loved it. Rad staff, rad people. Fun times all around :)

Great Hostel, Kind Staff, Great Atmosphere~