Hostel Meyerbeer Beach Reviews

15 Rue Meyerbeer, Nice, France

Great location, great staff. Nice breakfast, clean rooms.

The Meyerbeer was awesome. It was clean, the beds were comfy, and the staff was so nice. They seemed to have fixed their wifi issues in the past so don't worry about those reviews. It's definitely a mixed age group at times but they have pub crawls that seem like a lot of fun and day trips to Monaco which I would have loved to do if we had more time. They also let you have free beach towels and floaties for the ocean to just take with you! Definitely stay here if you can!

Had a really great time at the hostel and will definitely be coming back again!!

Beautiful Hostel, very close to the beach. Staff is extraordinally friendly. I stayed in two different rooms, both were nice, big enough and had seperate lockers for everyone. A lot of goodies, such as DVDs, books or air mattresses for the beach were available. I had an issue with the shower, which was solved within a day. Only limitations: A bit expensive, the breakfast was poor and some things were not working properly (PlayStation, toilet flush, shower door).

I rated the security average because they don't have safes for your things, just plastic drawers that you can lock, but they don't provide locks. You have to bring your own. However, I felt very safe in the hostel and left my passport and other valuables in the room a couple times. I was traveling alone, but the others in my mixed 4 bed dorm were very nice and friendly. Overall I loved my experience there! Great location and they provide beach towels and floaties (beds/ inner tubes)

• 5th Jul 2015

The receptionists were all very helpful. Especially Sophie, a fellow Aussie who helped me to feel very welcome and become familiar with the beautiful city of Nice during my first time staying in a hostel on my own. Awesome staff and location of hostel:D

• 4th Jul 2015

I only stayed for one night, but I enjoyed my time there. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the atmosphere was very relaxed and youthful. Very nice place. All I have to say is that someone in my room left the window open all night and there was a lot of street noise.

the staff are really kind,have good time here, near the sea, only two minutes by walk!

This hostel is definitely worth the money. It's less than a five minute walk to beautiful beaches, restaurants everywhere, and they had a bar crawl which is a great way to meet people. Everything was clean and the staff was really helpful. It was just a really pleasant experience. I have no complaints. Oh except that the beds are creaky.

Our room was on the same floor as the reception and kitchen/living room and the sound isolation was terrible so we heard everything going on there far to well. That made it hard to sleep evenings when people gathered in the living room, even though it was supposed to be quiet by midnight. Our bed also made a lot of noice everytime we moved. Everything else was nice; staff, location, security, room etc.

Good hostel with a great location & staff. The kitchen and common area are quite tiny, so if you want to cook you might have to wait for others to finish. Rooms are good with AC and a small locker for valuables.

By far the best hostel we have stayed in. The only negative element of Meybeer is the loudness of the street can be heard in the dorms and the curtains are transparent, therefore you wake up as soon as the sun rises.

Spent 3 nights in this hostel, had a fantastic time. The hostel was clean and tidy and the cleaners were always about working hard. the staff were all really helpful and smiley and nothing was too much trouble at all. the place was reasonably secure with coded door access. I feel that proper lockers may be better than safety boxes. was a really good atmosphere with regular trips to Monaco and also walking tours. I did the bar crawl which was a fun night. I would recommend! will be back soon!

• 28th Jun 2015

Such a brilliant location, such a short easy walk to the beach and right around the corner from lots of great shops and restaurants. Staff were so helpful in helping us plan our activities. There were enough security measures to make us feel as though our belongings were safe, so we didn't have anything to worry about when we were exploring the beautiful town. We especially loved being able to take the float beds to the beach and having free access to the movies and books!

• 28th Jun 2015

The good: location, it's a perfect spot, and the staff are incredible! The bad: uncomfortable beds (thin blankets, mattresses, and pillows) and not enough outlets in rooms.

My friend and I stayed here for a few nights and we were not disappointed! The staff were so friendly and so helpful! We were going to the Allianz Riviera for a show and they helped book a taxi for the way home. We went on one of the in-house tours to Monaco which we would recommend! The facilities here were fantastic with the hostel having its own kitchen, book shelves, guitar and chill out/DVD area. There is also a Carrefour shop next door and a laundrette round the corner.

Great hostel - lovely staff, excellent location, great rooms. Good for solo travelers.

Hostel Staff were by far some of the most friendly and informative I have come across. The only criticism I have is that the keys to the rooms are very difficult to utilise (let alone after a beer). I felt bad standing at the door trying and trying to open it when it wouldn't budge. Maybe one day they could be changed.

Hostel Meyerbeer is a hostel which was very close to most attractions and the beach in Nice. It had many facilities although it was hard to utilise them due to small amount of space and large number of people wanting to use them at the same time. The very helpful and lovely staff made my stay - always willing to help out if I needed a hand!

Great location close to both the train, touristic area and beach. They were accommodating and able to move my friend into my room for our entire 4 night stay. The bar crawl was slightly disappointing but if you're in Nice you definitely need to go to Wayne's!! Everything else was great except breakfast procedures were not outlined upon check in so if there was any breakfast I never got it. Also wifi doesn't really work in the rooms