Hostel Meyerbeer Beach Reviews

15 Rue Meyerbeer, Nice, France

Great hostel! Location is awesome, staff are really nice and helpful. Rooms are good although the mattress was really uncomfortable and the lockers didn't look that secure. Kitchen and common area made it easy to meet people, and the vibe is really cool... Not too party but people have a few drinks/watches a movie etc in the evenings which is nice.

Met some really nice people at this hostel. It's very social. Staff were very nice and helpful. Located right next to the beach. Rooms were a good size but the beds were very noisy and the lockers were insufficient (idea bookcase with plastic drawers and metal loops for a lock). The rooms and bathroom were very dirty and were not cleaned for 3 of my 4 nights stay which was unpleasant and disappointing. I would however stay here again hoping that the cleanliness is improved.

Nice hostel. Whilst sometimes tight on for space, the area was spacious enough. Very friendly staff. Good atmosphere. Would stay here again.

This place was great! I got a free upgrade! They had a ton of movies and books and things! Kitchen was really well equipped!! (important in pricey france) they even had a little teapot.Hostel was almost right on the beach. Carrefour literally next door. I got really cold and the staff went to a lot of trouble to find me another blanket.. Only downside was we really needed a bin in our dorm room ensuite and the lockers in the dorms were very flimsy- just plastic boxes with locks.

Loved this hostel. Great staff, great location, good people. Some of the appliances in the kitchen weren't working which was my only drawback. Ended up staying an extra night after my plans changed and they accommodated me with no problem. Definitely recommend this hostel.

The staff here are really great, especially the blonde girl with glasses who works the evening shift. Also has a great location, kitchen, free breakfast and towels! Thanks we had a great stay.

Close to the beach which is good but not very close to the station. The wifi is not well connected even in the common zone.

Great hostel, quiet part of town but close to attractions and beach. Great staff. very friendly and helpful. Cozy place, Rooms are a little cramped and bathrooms could be updated but served their purpose. i would go back for sure.

Our room was tiny - we couldn't even open the door properly. Also the room had an awful smell as did the bathroom which was full of mould. Also the beds were awfully thin and uncomfortable. However the common area was nice and had a pretty good atmosphere and the location was pretty good. In saying that I would properly choose to stay somewhere else next time.

Pros: very sociable hostel, lovely staff, short walk to attractions in Nice, supermarket downstairs. Cons: tiny, messy dorm room, both fridge and bathroom in dorm smelt APALLING, wifi pretty terrible. I had a great time there because of the people I met.

We had a great stay here! A lot of young residents so it was easy to meet new people. The hostel is only minutes away from the beach and anything else you want to see. The staff was very friendly and gave us great recommendations on things to do and places to eat. I would definitely recommend staying here!

The staff were amazing. I really appreciated the time they took to help me and other guests with our travel plans.

• 6th Nov 2015
  • South Africa

Superb hostel! Staff are friendly and super helpful with recommendations. Just a casual 1 minute walk to the beach and 10 minutes from the main train station, this is an absolute winner. #nice

Nice staffs and clean place. Also they give us towel. But the shower pressure is tooo weak. And can't use the elevator

Our room was located right by the reception so it was very noisy at night when people were drinking in the common area and in the morning when people were checking out and having breakfast, the receptionist was also blasting music when we were trying to sleep. Great location by the beach. Didn't have breakfast because it was too busy but there is a great cafe beside that had amazing smoothies!

Excellent hostel for genuine travellers. 10 minute walk from train station and 1 block from the beach. Clean rooms. Fully equipped kitchen and bar fridges in each room, allowing you to store leftovers l. Supermarket downstairs. Helpful and knowledgeable staff. Social area is great. Power went out one night and all hostellers went out for a drink together.

I LOVED this hostel. Super close to the beach and there's a really great grocery store right next door! The staff was awesome and the atmosphere was on point for sure. Highly recommend. Probably my favorite hostel yet!

Super friendly & helpful staff. Excellent common area/kitchen. So good for meeting other travelers without actually being a party hostel. Had a few drinks there each night (supermarket right next door), before heading to some excellent bars 15 minutes walk away (go to Wayne's). Close to beach & bus stop. Beds, showers, wifi & breakfast are pretty mediocre but not terrible. I would definitely recommend this place, especially for solo travelers.

One of the best hostels I've stayed at! Good location, walking distance everywhere. Staff was friendly and helpful! They have great perks such as free beach equipment to borrow. Nice touch! Rooms were clean, good wifi, nice social environment in common area. Loved it here!

The hostel location is fantastic, just 5 minutes to the beach, 15 minutes to the city center. I could go to the beach any time I wanted. The staff are very helpful, especially Elsa. She can give you all the information you need. The hostel is very clean too. The facilities and the breakfast are not so well but you can survive with good people and location. I really enjoyed the time when I stayed in the hostel.