Hostel Meyerbeer Beach Reviews

15 Rue Meyerbeer, Nice, France

I have been there over 10 years and every time I have enjoyed to stay there. I feel to return to my second home in Nice. The little reception with kitchen and living area give feeling of home like living. When I go out the sea is near, supermarket in next door are the things I need every day. Seija Kylä-Markula

This hostel was the cleanest hostel I have ever stayed in. Not only that, but the staff was incredibly helpful in helping me plan my unplanned trip around the French Riviera.

This is one of the best hostel I have ever stayed during my backpacking. Location is very convenience to the train station, the beach, Carrefour, restaurant etc. Also, big thanks to Louise, he has been extremely helpful in my trip planning where he recommended me to spend two days in Cassis instead and I will have to tell you, it is probably the best place I have ever been in France. Very good, and if you're looking for a place to stay, choose this :)

Clean hostel at downtown Nice for a reasonable price. Honestly helpful stuff willing to go out of their way and help out, ideal atmosphere for young backpackers looking to socialize, location rather good for anything between strolling at the promenade or returning after partying.

• 9th May 2014
  • Greece

Great location by the beach, very easy to meet other guests, and the staff were very helpful!

Perfect location, very clean, secure at night, wifi in all the rooms and common room. Definitely wouldn't hesitate to stay here again!

Stay here! Great common area and kitchen. The breakfast is decent, just grab eggs from the grocery store next door if you need something a bit more filling. Fantastic location, very close to the promenade. Louis is a great guy, as well as Romain and Catarina. The people who clean could be more friendly though. And yes, the beds are squeaky, but I didn't mind at all. I slept like a log especially with earplugs. Oh yeah, go on the bike tour!!

it's an awesome place to be, Luis was the main reason!!! he's sooooooo happy and patient to answer all the questions i had, and give all the details, suggestions and insight info!!! all the suggestions/recommendations he gave were indeed the best!!! and you can totally rely on it the hostel itself was located very close to the promenade and everything, breakfast was awesome, everything was so clean, even the bathroom of a 6 bed mixed dorm, i stayed for 4 nights and it was never dirty / messy

The staff were fantastc- really very helpful! This is a pretty good hostel.

Close to the beach and close to the train station. Clean and friendly staff. The price seemed to fluctuate for no reason, and there were no big lockers for back packs. Overall great would stay again.

had a really fun stay! the hostel was clean, staff were really helpful and i met some really cool people here :)

Indeed a perfect location close to the station, the beach and next door to the supermarket. The staff is nice, they could be more strict as it is not easy to sleep in room #3 while there is a late party in the common room in 3 meters behind the door. Everything else was splendid, I reccomend this place.

• 28th Apr 2014
  • Russia

Small common room makes for a great atmosphere to meet people and hang out with the pretty cool night managers. Kitchen is okay. We were upgraded which was good for the €18 a night a 3 bedroom with ensure. Great location to beach!

The common space is super awesome, great for meeting people. I wish there was space for couches, but I guess chairs are more useful. The common area closes at midnight, but if you are hanging out with people you can go to the beach. It's only a minute down the street. Location is perfect. You can walk to pretty much everything in Nice. Train station is close so it's easy to do day trips to Monaco or Cannes, etc. Provided clean sheets and towels. Seemed quite secure.

• 27th Apr 2014

- In my 4-bed dorm with private shower - the shower head would not stay angled correctly for long and would tilt downward causing the shower head to smash to the ground (happened twice) - if it had hit my foot it would have probably broken it. - The shower door frequently came off its runners and could have easily fallen out of the shower. - The light would turn off while you are showering. - The 3 bed private room shower drain was blocked and would overflow.

• 26th Apr 2014

Hostel is very good located, near the beach. There is nice atmosphere and staff are very friendly.

Hostel Meyerbeer was ideal, I stayed in a 6bed ensuite room with our own balcony which was perfect and very clean. The hostel has a very sociable atmosphere, with a nice free breakfast every morning, and a decent kitchen stocked with remnants of people's supplies, i.e. rice etc. Staff are great, Lucas in particular was very welcoming and informative. Wifi works perfectly, you're a block back from the beach and a straight line and ten minutes from the train station - what more can you want!

• 23rd Apr 2014

Great place to stay!

• 23rd Apr 2014

Always love staying here, the staff are very welcoming, i would recommend anyone travelling solo or in groups to stay here

• 21st Apr 2014

Hostel was small but sufficient. Staff were unhelpful and uninviting with the exception of Louis. Breakfast was all prepackaged "things" and was all very average. Even some simple fresh bread would've been nice or some cereal. Beds were uncomfortable and extremely noisy but at least they were clean. Extremely noisy room and when I mentioned to reception the noisy guests in the room above us she looked at me blankly and replied "yeah..." Implying not my problem basically. Wouldn't stay here again

• 20th Apr 2014