Hostel Meyerbeer Beach Reviews

15 Rue Meyerbeer, Nice, France

Really nice modern hostel- right next to the beach and ten/fifteen minutes from the station. The kitchen is pretty small and had only one saucepan- but apart from that tiny thing it was amazing! the staff were really friendly and there was a hostel pub crawl organised while we were there; so it is easy to meet people.

The beds and bathrooms were very clean. Staff was friendly and very attentive. One drawback was the common area was pretty small. Around dinner time it was kind of hard to move around, but all in all I really enjoyed my stay with them.

The staff was just superb.

Cool place, fun atmosphere. Staff was very helpful.

Great and very helpful staff, especially Lucas and Luis. Close proximity to the old town square, supermarket, and a stone throw distance to the beach.

This was a great little hostel. The rooms had ensuites and a fridge to store your food. It was so handy having a kitchen to cook in and a supermarket right downstairs, although it got really busy at times. It was cool to hang out in the common area and drink cheap wine from the supermarket and meet other travellers. It's literally a two minute walk to the beach and the hostel has beach towels that you can use for free. Great place to stay!

I have been there over 10 years and every time I have enjoyed to stay there. I feel to return to my second home in Nice. The little reception with kitchen and living area give feeling of home like living. When I go out the sea is near, supermarket in next door are the things I need every day. Seija Kylä-Markula

This hostel was the cleanest hostel I have ever stayed in. Not only that, but the staff was incredibly helpful in helping me plan my unplanned trip around the French Riviera.

This is one of the best hostel I have ever stayed during my backpacking. Location is very convenience to the train station, the beach, Carrefour, restaurant etc. Also, big thanks to Louise, he has been extremely helpful in my trip planning where he recommended me to spend two days in Cassis instead and I will have to tell you, it is probably the best place I have ever been in France. Very good, and if you're looking for a place to stay, choose this :)

Clean hostel at downtown Nice for a reasonable price. Honestly helpful stuff willing to go out of their way and help out, ideal atmosphere for young backpackers looking to socialize, location rather good for anything between strolling at the promenade or returning after partying.

• 9th May 2014
  • Greece

Great location by the beach, very easy to meet other guests, and the staff were very helpful!

Perfect location, very clean, secure at night, wifi in all the rooms and common room. Definitely wouldn't hesitate to stay here again!

Stay here! Great common area and kitchen. The breakfast is decent, just grab eggs from the grocery store next door if you need something a bit more filling. Fantastic location, very close to the promenade. Louis is a great guy, as well as Romain and Catarina. The people who clean could be more friendly though. And yes, the beds are squeaky, but I didn't mind at all. I slept like a log especially with earplugs. Oh yeah, go on the bike tour!!

it's an awesome place to be, Luis was the main reason!!! he's sooooooo happy and patient to answer all the questions i had, and give all the details, suggestions and insight info!!! all the suggestions/recommendations he gave were indeed the best!!! and you can totally rely on it the hostel itself was located very close to the promenade and everything, breakfast was awesome, everything was so clean, even the bathroom of a 6 bed mixed dorm, i stayed for 4 nights and it was never dirty / messy

The staff were fantastc- really very helpful! This is a pretty good hostel.

Close to the beach and close to the train station. Clean and friendly staff. The price seemed to fluctuate for no reason, and there were no big lockers for back packs. Overall great would stay again.

had a really fun stay! the hostel was clean, staff were really helpful and i met some really cool people here :)

Indeed a perfect location close to the station, the beach and next door to the supermarket. The staff is nice, they could be more strict as it is not easy to sleep in room #3 while there is a late party in the common room in 3 meters behind the door. Everything else was splendid, I reccomend this place.

Small common room makes for a great atmosphere to meet people and hang out with the pretty cool night managers. Kitchen is okay. We were upgraded which was good for the €18 a night a 3 bedroom with ensure. Great location to beach!

The common space is super awesome, great for meeting people. I wish there was space for couches, but I guess chairs are more useful. The common area closes at midnight, but if you are hanging out with people you can go to the beach. It's only a minute down the street. Location is perfect. You can walk to pretty much everything in Nice. Train station is close so it's easy to do day trips to Monaco or Cannes, etc. Provided clean sheets and towels. Seemed quite secure.

• 27th Apr 2014