Hostel Meyerbeer Beach Reviews

15 Rue Meyerbeer, Nice, France

I was quite happy about the structure of the place; but on the very first night, someone broke in my room in the middle of the night and stole my phone and 2 others in the room. The manager claims it's not their fault. While it's true that criminals exist nonetheless, the hostel has a really poor security policy: a password to enter the building (that any criminal can observe a guest typing), no staff is there at night, and each room has an old school key, that can be copied easily.

great hostel. it lives up to it's high rating. tended to hang out with the people in my room - I mean we kind of felt like a family or tribe or something, even as old people left and new people came. a little harder to meet people in the common area since we were already hanging out by rooms. I'm staying here again at the end of my trip so I guess that I like place right? P.S. I wish the "lockers" were sturdier and larger - they are smaller plastic bins were you can attach a little lock.

Awesome hostel. 1min walk from the beach and 10mins from train station. Great kitchen and common room so it's easy to meet people.

• 31st Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

The staff was super friendly and very helpful. I enjoyed my stay there and made many friends. I liked the balcony in our room. The only concern that I have is the lockers are easy to break even if I use my own locks. I didn't use them coz the ppl I stayed with were cool.

Great location and friendly staff. Hostel was mediocre but they had the pub crawl organized which I would highly recommend.

Great hostel, great location, great staff. I have nothing bad to say about it!

The location is perfect and the staff is helpful. Can borrow the beach mat at the counter, very friendly. Comparing to other hostels I stayed in London or Germany, the room space and cleanliness can be improved a bit. Well but it may be French standard... not sure. Overall, my stay here was good and enjoyable.

My only complaint is that we had to wait until 3:30pm to check in because the room was not ready. For the rest, it was a great stay. Amazing staff, clean rooms, and there is a kitchen where you can cook in case you want to save some extra money. Breakfast was good too.

• 26th Aug 2014
  • Colombia

Great location, facilities and staff very friendly and helpful. Loved it.

Hands down one of the best experiences of my life. I had never stayed at a hostel before and was actually quite nervous but Hostel Meyerbeer when above and beyond my expectations. I cannot wait to go back one day.

• 23rd Aug 2014

wifi does not work on the second floor

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Turkey

Close to beach. Good way to meet fellow travellers.

• 21st Aug 2014

This hostel was very close to the beach, about a block away from the promenade. It was quite small and cute and the common area was very easy to meet people in. The hostel security was poor, my laptop was stolen from inside the room even after I placed it in the "secure" locker provided. When I told the front desk they didn't seem to really want to do anything about it other than fixing the broken locker (which was completely useless). The breakfast was also quite bad.

We had a brilliant stay as the hostel had a great set up for meeting people. Really useful that there was free beach stuff and beach towels to use. Hostel staff had great English so were able to recommend day trips etc. fun young atmosphere with great cooking facilities. Only downside were the room lockers that could be easily broken into. Would recommend a day trip to Cap D'ail

I love this hostel, the common room, the bathrooms, the location, the people are all awsome even free computers. But... So... the security issue, would you like a safe place to put your passport and or other items you consider valueable? To bad, their "lockers" are thin plastic boxs with eye bolts in to hang a lock on.

So friendly and helpful! Loved the locations - so, so, so close to the beach! by far the cleanest bedrooms and bathrooms I have EVER seen in a hostel. Loved it!

• 13th Aug 2014

This hostel is excellently located, only 5 minutes walk from the beach and 15 minutes walk to the main train station. We stayed for 4 days on our holiday and have absolutely no complaints. simple breakfast is included, and there is a supermarket next door for any cheap food and alcohol you may need. It felt very secure, reception staff were really friendly (thanks for the advice on where to go visit, Luis!) and everyone we met was lovely.

Outstanding! Lovely people, lovely atmosphere, lots of opportunities. Perfect location!

Amazing hostel, great location, fantastic staff. Initially when we booked we thought we were paying too much but when we saw what we were staying in, we thought differently. It felt more like a hotel than a hostel. Would definitely stay here again. Only let down was the breakfast...we went next door to the cafe every morning.

Staff was really friendly and helpful. Had a really great time at the hostel. Within short walking distance to the beach too.

• 8th Aug 2014