Hostel Meyerbeer Beach Reviews

15 Rue Meyerbeer, Nice, France

Wow! What a fantastic hostel! My friend and I stayed here for three nights - it was supposed to be for two but our train was cancelled the next day, and the hostel very fortunately could offer us the same room for one more night! Great location - just a couple of minutes to the beach, friendly and very helpful staff, a great atmosphere and very spacious rooms! The only quibble would be that breakfast is a little basic and the wifi isn't great, but this is simply a brilliant hostel!

I had a fabulous time here. The common room is quite small, which at first was a turn off, but it actually turned our to be great because it forces everyone to be social. The atmosphere is super friendly and fun. Be careful though (especially room 19). There were three people who had things stolen out of their rooms in a span of three weeks. People come in of the street and just push on doors to see if they open and walk in and take stuff. Just don't leave phones and computers sitting out.

awesome location right near the beach, supermarket next door. good atmosphere for meeting people

I loved the hostel overall! Room, bathroom, and common areas were neat and clean. My room-mates were fantastic as well. The staff were very easily approachable, helpful and friendly. I highly recommend this place!

• 7th Oct 2014
  • adam_arrozal
  • Philippines

A clean and a fun hostel to spend your vacation at. The bathrooms and the toilets were really clean, the kitchen had everything you need in order to make a meal and the common area was huge!

I loved my stay here, the staff, location, cleanliness and the people at the hostel were all lovely. It was my first time in Nice, and I was travelling alone. Would definitely recommend, and definitely return.

• 6th Oct 2014

Clean and located close to the beach, handy having a supermarket right downstairs! Well-equipped shared kitchen, mini fridge in the room. Good for the traveller who wants to save money and prepare their own meals instead of eating out

Awesome hostel that is bright and clean. The kitchen has all facilities although it always seemed to be sectioned off for cleaning - a pro and a con! Basic free breakfast and close to the beach and old town. Definitely recommend!

• 5th Oct 2014

100% the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Rooms were clean, beds were comfier than the average hostel bed, kitchen was well equipped, rooms have a small fridge in them, the wifi was really good (and available in the rooms!) and the staff were absolutely excellent. Close to the beach, shops and all attractions of Nice - I only wish I'd have been able to stay longer!! Fantastic stay, would definitely recommend it.

• 5th Oct 2014

This hostel is walking distance to the train station

The interior spaces were clean and bright. Each bed in the 10-person dorms came with a reading light and a plug for charging electronics. It was a great hostel for meeting other travelers. The hostel is immediately next to a little grocery store, so it's easy to buy food and cook in the hostel kitchen. And also, it's located only three minutes from the beach! Great staff, too. Everybody was so nice and helpful!

Great Hostel and unbelievable value for money for the south of France. The location of the hostel is really good and seconds from the beach, few minutes walk to the old town and the main streets. Hostel staff could not be nicer, they were so helpful and lovely to talk with. There is a supermarket downstairs and generally the overall vibe of the area and hostel was relaxed and welcoming. Will stay here again for sure!

Good atmosphere and clean facilities. The pub crawl was great. Not a bad location since Nice is pretty small anyway. There is a supermarket next door, which is great and staff were very friendly and helpful. Wi-fi was allright. The only problem here would be the lockers, which are actually just little plastic boxes. You can't fit your bag in or anything and it looks so easy to break into. I didn't feel my things were safe in the hostel at all.

I so want to leave a purely positive review, the hostel staff were lovely, great location, nice common area BUT I cannot ignore that I was ravaged by bed bugs, not just one or two bites but heaps across hands, arms, chest, back. This seemed like an isolated problem (two other girls in my dorm were unaffected) and the hostel reacted by evacuating the whole room in order to strip/treat it. I feel bad even writing it, as my stay was otherwise wonderful, but I wouldn't wish the discomfort on anyone!

Would stay here again, location great for everything in Nice. Loved that they supplied beach mats/towels/umbrellas and hats. Very noisy at night from the street noise so close the windows

Location was perfect, 1 block from the beach and the Promenade & 10-15 minutes from the train station. The staff was amazing, breakfast was included and there was wifi, although it wasn't great in the rooms. The lockers aren't very secure; if i was staying in a room with people I didn't know, I would have been more concerned. All the rooms are ensuite, which is nice. Very cool place overall. I was there for four nights and loved it!

Happy, friendly staff. 5 min from the beach and just next to the supermarket, perfect! The hotel had breakfast for everyone and beach gear, like umbrellas and matresses free to use. We had a great time here!

Only stayed the one night but from what I experienced it was a good hostel.

It's a nice Hostel, not too big, and in a really good location! It just takes about 2 minutes to get to the beach as well as the oldtiwn. Furthermore, there's an important busstop 2 min away, from which you can go to Cannes, Grasse and to the airport! The hostel itself was a normal hostel, nice staff, it has a kitchen, fridges in every room and a lounge where I've met many nice people! During my stay, some phones got stolen in another room, so be careful, but all in all it was a very good stay

€15/night for a hostel that is 5 minutes from the beach can't be beaten. My bunk bed was remarkably noisy, but that's all I can even think of that bothered me. Breakfast is provided, beach towels and the like are also given. Great atmosphere in the common area for meeting other travelers.