Hostel Meyerbeer Beach Reviews

15 Rue Meyerbeer, Nice, France

This was an amazing stay! I would not be able to say one bad thing about Meyerbeer hostel. A very friendly and welcoming environment with lots of activities to do! Wish we could have stayed longer than two nights.

They are #1 Hostel in France for a good reason! This was my favourite hostel of the 10 I stayed in on my Euro-trip. They organize walking tours and pub crawls so you are always meeting new people. They are so close to the beach and old town; you won't need any public transport! Also next door to a market. The rooms are comfortable and clean. Very secure! Passwords needed to enter each floor at night. This hostel was where I met the most people on my month-long trip! No complaints!

This is the best hostel I've stayed in. The guys tht run the front desks are super helpful and really good blokes. Absolutely would recommend this to anyone that would listen

This hostel was great! Awesome location close to the beach. The rooms are nice, nothing fancy but worked for us. The kitchen and common room is great! The walking tour was awesome! I would definitely recommend it! Nice is amazing!

Great hostel a few blocks from the beach. Great staff and community; people always hanging out in the common area/kitchen.

Overall this was a great hostel to stay at, especially as someone traveling alone. I made friends everywhere I was in the hostel and explored the city with a few of them. The location is great and they even provide beach gear for you. My only criticism is on cleanliness. For the most part I was satisfied.

This hostel had a very good location right next to the beach basically. It was easy to get to from the Nice airport, just a bus ride and short walk. I was also really impressed with the free walking tour of the city at 11am most days which covered many of the highlights of the city, and gave us a good orientation of where things were as newcomers. The hostel was a friendly place and great for meeting people. The space was a bit cramped though when there is a full house, esp. the kitchen.

Having a good Time at Meyerbeer. Met cool People. Good Atmosphere. Close to the Beach. Best Hostel in Nice.

• 1st Jul 2014

Super close to the beach and only about a ten minute walk from old town! Very clean rooms and bathrooms. Free breakfast! I would stay here again! They give you beach towels, floaties, etc for free.

Our stay here was excellent from start to finish, clean and tidy rooms, decent atmosphere and vibe for people travelling alone or in small groups and louis and anthony went out of their way to help us and make us feel at home, i would stay here again, infact ive already told people to book their accommodation there!! THANKS GUYS!!!

I really liked the atmosphere and cleanliness of this hostel. However, I felt it catered to an older age group (late 20's). I felt very comfortable in this hostel and the staff were friendly and helpful. It's not a party hostel but it offers bar crawls and access to Nice night life.

• 28th Jun 2014

This was definitely the friendliest/most fun hostel I stayed at. Has a young atmosphere, at 28 I felt old but enjoyed it nonetheless. Lots of organized tours, good for solo travellers. Rooms were small but clean. Linens/towels included which was great. 4-bed mixed dorm had private bathroom. Mold around the shower & rainfall showerhead didn't work but everything else was clean. Had small lockers in room but didn't need it, very safe. Bunks were squeaky but comfy. Breakfast was sad, don't bother.

Really good hostel - super comfy and clean rooms, good A/C, 2min from the beach. 15-20min walk to the old quarter though/busier section of Nice. Really easy to meet people in the common area/kitchen. Luis is awesome and super friendly! Other staff members are OK.

Great staff and perfect location , close to the beach and of course many restaurants. The common area is very small which can make it tougher to meet people but has a kitchen and each room has a little fridge! Bathrooms were the nicest I've ever been in as far as hostels go. I stayed 4 nights , worth every penny !

Meyerbeer was good and pretty well located near enough to the beachside. Staff were really friendly and helpful and always willing to provide advice and chat. Rooms were nice and clean and absolutely no issues there. Only minor downside is that the breakfasts were a little basic but you can't really complain too much about free breakfasts and there is a supermarket just downstairs anyway so wasn't an issue.

I loved my stay at meyerbeer! During my first night, all of my things were stolen on the beach; money credit card, passport, phone, and all of the staff at meyerbeer were extremely helpful. They helped me in just about every way they could, and they were all so nice. They also added to a good, fun, chill atmosphere in the common ares. The rooms are clean, breakfast was good, beds were pretty comfy for a hostel. No complaints, if I make it back to Nice I will be staying here again.

Didn't Stay This reservation... made a mistake while booking! Turned out good when we did go!!

The Meyerbeer was one of our favourite hostels throughout Europe! Staff were very friendly, great common area to chill out in and have a few drinks whilst preparing your own dinner. The rooms were quite spacious. They have heaps of beach equipment for you to use free of charge and location is right next to the beach so it's awesome place to stay!

There weren't any lockers or anything really, but we didn't even need it. There were many codes to get into the building an it seemed very safe to leave the stuff out. The staff was so nice and super friendly. Not to mention that the rooms were air conditioned with their own showers and toilets. Great location. I would stay there again! Kind of pricy but worth the money.

The hostel is very easy to find from the train station, 15 minutes walking at most. Really close to te beach, to a Subway, a Carrefour and a couple of restaurants. Kitchen facilities are great. People join in the common area to eat, have a drink or to watch TV (during the world cup the games are shown). Staff really nice and helpful. I only complain about the shower, it was very small and in the end there was water all over the bathroom. Go to the bar crawl they offer!