Hostel Meyerbeer Beach Reviews

15 Rue Meyerbeer, Nice, France

Absolutely loved this hostel. I ended up extending my stay twice. The atmosphere is fantastic. I met so many wonderful people. The common area, while small, is very conducive to meeting new people. The staff were incredible. The location, a block from the beach and next to a grocery store, couldn't be better. The 6 share I was in had squeaky beds, noisy ladders, and creaking doors. Pretty impossible to be quiet. My friends in other rooms said their's were better, though. I'd stay here again.

This was a wonderful hostel. Staff was very friendly, washrooms were always kept clean, so very close to the beach! I had a great experience meeting new people and discovering beautiful Nice! This is a profesionally run hostel!

Really great staff, always willing to help the guests. The hostel provide from towels to sunshade so guests can go to the beach without using their own and forgotten shampoos at disposal to anyone who hadn't brought one

• 29th Sep 2014

Free beach equipment was great. Super close to beach. Friendly staff. No complaints

Staff was very helpful and gave good recommendations for places to visit. Free beach accessories are a definite plus.

So close to the beach with a supermarket right underneath surrounded by cafés and restaurants. Only negative was our private room was redicously noisy. Walls paper thin. People stayed up talking in reception which we could here till midnight three nights in a row. And ppl coming in from pub crawl screaming or skyping. But awesome location, clean and away to find!!

Great Hostel. Good vibes, Good people. Ella was an absolute pleasure. She was very helpful and made the stay very enjoyable.

Great location, 10 min walk from train station, one block from beach, supermarket next door, laundrette round the corner. Staff really helpful. Rooms pretty small but ok. Overall would stay there again.

Atmosphere and location were outstanding (so close to everything!) Super close to the beach, and great hostel activities. The doors use metal keys, and the doors are quite difficult to open without the right trick. Other than the doors, loved this hostel. Ensuite bathrooms are a nice change from the usual dorm-style at other hostels. Would definitely recommend.

The only thing I didn't like was that I had to carry my suitcase up the stairs! Apart from that, the people were lovely, the beds were relatively comfy, the wifi was decent (but better in the common room), and the breakfast was ok. The location was superb with restaurants, the beach, and attractions all within a short walk away. There is a small supermarket downstairs and there is a kitchen available where you can cook your own meals (some wait time may be needed if in use). Highly recommended!

Amazing location, right by the beach! The guy at the desk was SO helpful, he helped us figure out our bus back. Decent included breakfast. Cool atmosphere, pub crawl and walking tours are a plus. Only not so great thing is the "lockers" - plastic and not super secure. Would return!

• 19th Sep 2014

Pretty good for what you pay for, nothing special but friendly and helpful staff were great.

• 18th Sep 2014

We had an amazing experience at this hostel. During our trip we stayed at various airbnb apartments and hostels, this was one of the best. The location was amazing (really close to everything), the staff was super helpful and the value was wonderful. I would highly recommend this hostel.

• 17th Sep 2014

So happy with my choice to stay here! Everyone at Meyerbeer Beach, including staff and other guests were amazing. The beach is a 2 minute walk down the street, and the beach mats available at the hostel were a great feature. There is also a grocery store next door and kitchen in the hostel which makes cooking your own food here very easy if you're looking to save a bit. I would definitely come back here again!

• 17th Sep 2014

The so-called lockers were plastic boxes in an ikea expedit shelf with loops for the locks .. Didn't seem that safe. Apart form that the location was really close to a free (!) beach and the staff was nice!

Really great location - minutes from the beach and a short walk to the old town. Easy to meet people in the common room and kitchen. Free to borrow beach mats and towels. Only negative was the lock on my door which was very stiff to open (but not insecure) and it would have been nice to have lockers in the bedroom for personal belongings.

We are a bunch of six from India and we loved everything about the stay at Meyerbeer. The private ensuite rooms were clean and spacious and the staff was super friendly. It was my second time using Hostel World at Nice after Paris and the only regret was that we got only three days to enjoy one of the most beautiful place in Europe!

Good value for money, friendly atmosphere and clean. good location also, given the cost of other hotels near the beach.

I suffered from bed bug bites during my stay here