Hostel Meyerbeer Beach Reviews

15 Rue Meyerbeer, Nice, France

I really liked the atmosphere and cleanliness of this hostel. However, I felt it catered to an older age group (late 20's). I felt very comfortable in this hostel and the staff were friendly and helpful. It's not a party hostel but it offers bar crawls and access to Nice night life.

• 28th Jun 2014

This was definitely the friendliest/most fun hostel I stayed at. Has a young atmosphere, at 28 I felt old but enjoyed it nonetheless. Lots of organized tours, good for solo travellers. Rooms were small but clean. Linens/towels included which was great. 4-bed mixed dorm had private bathroom. Mold around the shower & rainfall showerhead didn't work but everything else was clean. Had small lockers in room but didn't need it, very safe. Bunks were squeaky but comfy. Breakfast was sad, don't bother.

Really good hostel - super comfy and clean rooms, good A/C, 2min from the beach. 15-20min walk to the old quarter though/busier section of Nice. Really easy to meet people in the common area/kitchen. Luis is awesome and super friendly! Other staff members are OK.

Great staff and perfect location , close to the beach and of course many restaurants. The common area is very small which can make it tougher to meet people but has a kitchen and each room has a little fridge! Bathrooms were the nicest I've ever been in as far as hostels go. I stayed 4 nights , worth every penny !

Meyerbeer was good and pretty well located near enough to the beachside. Staff were really friendly and helpful and always willing to provide advice and chat. Rooms were nice and clean and absolutely no issues there. Only minor downside is that the breakfasts were a little basic but you can't really complain too much about free breakfasts and there is a supermarket just downstairs anyway so wasn't an issue.

I loved my stay at meyerbeer! During my first night, all of my things were stolen on the beach; money credit card, passport, phone, and all of the staff at meyerbeer were extremely helpful. They helped me in just about every way they could, and they were all so nice. They also added to a good, fun, chill atmosphere in the common ares. The rooms are clean, breakfast was good, beds were pretty comfy for a hostel. No complaints, if I make it back to Nice I will be staying here again.

Didn't Stay This reservation... made a mistake while booking! Turned out good when we did go!!

The Meyerbeer was one of our favourite hostels throughout Europe! Staff were very friendly, great common area to chill out in and have a few drinks whilst preparing your own dinner. The rooms were quite spacious. They have heaps of beach equipment for you to use free of charge and location is right next to the beach so it's awesome place to stay!

There weren't any lockers or anything really, but we didn't even need it. There were many codes to get into the building an it seemed very safe to leave the stuff out. The staff was so nice and super friendly. Not to mention that the rooms were air conditioned with their own showers and toilets. Great location. I would stay there again! Kind of pricy but worth the money.

The hostel is very easy to find from the train station, 15 minutes walking at most. Really close to te beach, to a Subway, a Carrefour and a couple of restaurants. Kitchen facilities are great. People join in the common area to eat, have a drink or to watch TV (during the world cup the games are shown). Staff really nice and helpful. I only complain about the shower, it was very small and in the end there was water all over the bathroom. Go to the bar crawl they offer!

위치 및 청결상태는 매우 만족스러우나 침대에서 소리가 너무 많이 났습니다.. 조금만 움직여도 끼익끼익...

• 11th Jun 2014
  • South Korea

Good location for the beach and right next to a supermarket, lots of food and a post office. Nice is small enough so that the Old Town and train station aren't far either. The hostel does a good job of providing towels for beach goers who wouldn't otherwise carry a beach towel while backpacking. Rooms and bathrooms were decently clean; mine had a nice balcony with a patio set. Staff is superb! But there's no elevator so ask for a room on a lower floor if you have a bunch of heavy stuff.

The location was great! We loved how it was so close to the beach and the rest of the city. The staff went above and beyond for us, the rail strike shut down all the trains the day we were planing on leaving so the lady working the desk called our next hostel and explained the situation. Everyone was friendly and the price was great. I'd definitely recommend it

-Meyerbeer is France's top rated -Which ought to make visitors elated -Clean, fun, and nice -I'd gladly stay twice -A perfect hostel they have created-------- Breakfast is as good as can be hoped for. Musician friendly. HIGHLY recommended. Staff were exceedingly helpful and friendly (and attractive).

Loved my stay here! Staff were really friendly and I really felt that they cared about the enjoyment of their guests with the activities on offer. With a supermarket next door and being only 30 seconds from the beach the location was perfect. Rooms were great personal light and socket with each bed and FREE TOWELS each persons a different colour so as to not mix them up - great touch!- and the aircon ensured a very comfortable nights sleep. Shame only stayed a night, would highly recommend !

This hostel is clean. The staff is nice. It locates in the best place - 3 minutes walk to the beach.

• 5th Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Great location, friendly staff and nice rooms. We had a minor problem with ants in the room, but it was solved quickly and didn't affect our stay. There was also a lot of noise coming froom the lounge area when we tried to sleep, but again this was a minor problem and is definitely not guaranteed to happen with everyone. Overall we had a very pleasant 3-night stay. Recommended.

Very loud at night, the music and talking doesn't stop until after midnight.

We stayed here for two nights and had an great time! The staff is super friendly and helpful, you seriously cannot beat the location and rooms were clean and cute with their own clean bathrooms. Breakfast was also included which was great, will definitely be back!

• 31st May 2014

The common room is way too small. Can get really busy at times, not really conducive to making friends I thought because of the tight space. 4 person room we had was great. Beds were comfy, bathroom was clean. Not bad. Will do the job. Staff were nice.

• 30th May 2014