Hostel Meyerbeer Beach Reviews

15 Rue Meyerbeer, Nice, France

They say it's the best hostel and I would agree. It's Nice afterall - a block from the beach, provides beach towels, great lounge area and kitchen. The rooms were well sized, air conditioners, and towels. Not the best cleaning staff - they definitely need to wash the blankets hehe. But did not mind it too much. Well mixed group of people, younger and older, high schoolers and professionals. Would stay again.

The room was very small, I reservated and payed for a 6mixed dorm, but was put in a 8mixed dorm!

The employees at this hostel were not nice. Usually, the staff at the other hostels I've stayed at is very accommodating, friendly and helpful, but the employees here were not. Also, breakfast was terrible and lame. The only good thing about the hostel was it's location because it's a two minute walk from the beach.

I think the locker in the ro could be better, I didn't feel much safe. The beds could be fixed in the wall, because everytime we move it makes noise and kind of bother the person above/ below. Other than that small things I highly recommend to stay in the hostel! I had a great time!

Beach Umbrellas and beach towels provided for free, excellent :)

Great stay. Thanks.

Amazing hostel! Very friendly staff and just steps away from the beach, along Promenade des Anglais. It is also just a 10-15 minute walk to the train station and just one bus from the airport.

Extremely clean and friendly hostel with the greatest location you could imagine. I would definately stay again. Friendly staff and travellers. Just remember to bring earplugs, the beds make an awful noise. Common space is quite small but it's quite easy to meet new people in pub crawls or day trips etc. Small breakfast included, I just had coffee.

• 3rd Aug 2015
  • Finland

Fantastic stay! This is the place for someone who wants to stay near the beach but cannot afford to book a hotel on the beachside. It is surrounded by upscale hotels, restaurants, only 3 min walk to the beach! Also the staffs are really helpful especially the blonde lady with great smile. Although the bathroom or the bed is not in the most clean condition, I would definitely stay here if I come back to Nice.

that's good!

• 2nd Aug 2015

Definite pros and cons at this hostel. Pros: great atmosphere, kitchen, bar fridge, spacious room, air con, can also use beach towels etc. Cons: poor wifi connection, cannot use the elevator, a few mix ups with people in my room unaware they had to change rooms, Also another con was that it's a little bit further away from old town than I'd like. All in all though, good hostel!

Amazing place! Staff is really friendly and helpful! They give you suggestions of what to do and what to see. The hostel also has a social vibe and it's super easy to meet people :).

Super friendly staff (travellers themselves), clean rooms and great location - just a 5 minute walk from the beach! Met so many lovely people here, great memories.

The common area makes meeting people easy. The room was clean, had a nice bathroom, and was spacious (... for a hostel at least). Elsa (works at front desk) had great tips, was very friendly, and taught my little bro and I some French Only real downside: WiFi was mediocre and cut out occasionally. I had to do some work one day, which was difficult

I had a great stay at the Hostel Meyerbeer! The staff were excellent, very knowledgeable and extremely friendly. I would recommend anyone stay here. Very close to the beach. The rooms were cleaned often and I felt very secure with my belongings. I only wish that there was an elevator to haul up and down luggage. That would be nice! In all, a great experience. I would stay there again!

Nice friendly hostel, right next to the beach and supermarkets. Beds are fairly comfy, towels and some beach inflatables are included. Really expensive but then so is Nice really. Considering this is one of the cheapest hostels available, it was pretty nice. No lockers for bags, just a lockable drawer for valuables. Breakfast is ok but they have english tea which is a rare and awesome sight!

Brilliant location, a two minute walk straight to the beach and a supermarket next door. The lockers were too small for any bag so you have to take out the important things you have and just lock them.

Good hostel. Maybe 11 mins from train station and less than 5 to the beach. Staff were friendly and helpful. Rooms and bathroom were clean and had hot water. Room had its own mini fridge and my dorm was 8 beds/people so fridge was full. They offer pub crawl for 15 Euro and Monaco tour for 22. Wifi worked and breakfast was extremely simple but at least it is included. The common area and kitchen aren't that big but I never used. I would definitely recommend the hostel.

Wifi barely works. Bathrooms need to be cleaned properly everyday. Staff is really cool though, Gab and others were really helpful. Really close to the sea.

I liked most good location and the tours they organised. Pub crawl, walking tour and the Monaco tour, I highly recommend all of them. Wifi was good, free breakfast is really simple, lockers are basic plastic boxes. The beds were really squeaky (or at least mine was, made kind of annoying sound every time I turned). Overall a good place to stay in Nice.