Hostel Miran Reviews

Pere Lazetica 13, (Carina), Mostar, Bosnia And Herzegovina

The stand out for Hostel Miran is certainly the staff, so accommodating and helpful. The Miran day tour was the highlight of my entire trip.

This a lovely place to stay! The room and bathroom are clean with good facilities. The staff was helpful and knowledgeable. There is a nice terrace to sit and relax in. The location is very convenient for the bus and train stations as well as the centre a short walk away.

Such a great hostel, Mirans day trip is well worth doing

Stayed in the private room which was next door. Very comfortable. Minutes away from the old town of Mostar. The directions from the train station were perfect and the place was very easy to find

might stay there again but would look to check for better, no lockers, directions weren't great. reasonably friendly staff, ok rooms, had good wifi

This is the best hostel I've ever stayed in. The bathrooms were always clean, the kitchen has everything you need and the location is excellent. But what makes it special is the very social atmosphere and Miran and his family who will go out of their way to make you feel at home. Also, book the tour, it's amazing. Will definitely come back here.

Nice hostel in a good location to see the sights of Mostar. The war tour run by Mirans brother is great and definitely worth going on, he has a lot of knowledge and personal stories. From the sounds of it Mirans all day tour is good but found he could be fairly forceful with preferring you to go on his rather than his brothers. Stayed in the uncles house opposite which was kept very clean and they were a very friendly family. Nice outdoor area to sit and drink with others as well.

Me and my boyfriend stayed at the hostel for one night. Everything was good. There was a fan so it was not hot in the room at night. We also liked the host Miran who was very helpful. I would also recommend Mirans daily tour especially if you are interested in the war.

• 7th Aug 2014
  • Lithuania

Miran likes to run this hostel just by himself or close family because he is afraid if he hires someone, that someone might not be as dedicated to making sure the guests have a good time. This is the reason why Hostel Miran maintains its homey and comfortable feeling. Unfortunately we didn't stay long enough to go on the Miran tour, we heard some good things about that. I can definitely recommend this hostel!

Booked double room with shared bathroom and got our own apartment - so awesome! Owner where very nice and helpful!

More guest house than a hostel. Roos are clean and nice. I booked 4bed dorm and I got 5bed dorm. Friend booked 6bed dorm and she was in private room. Very Bosnian style. Lady at the reception was not friendly at all when I arrived. No keys to lock the room or front door and no locker. Day tour is okay, but totally overpriced and do not believe away thing that "guide" tell you.

A very friendly and welcoming family-owned and run establishment. We stayed in a double-private room equipped with full washroom and kitchen. Facilities were clean and well-maintained and staff was kind and friendly. A good spot to explore wonderful Mostar!

Awesome hostel, staff & location. The hostel is a family business, and Miran is a fantastic host. The tour was great, with a lot fun had. Miran will go out of his way to make you feel welcome. Will definitely stay again if in Mostar. Wifi is tops, air conditioning in rooms, plenty of hot water, and a properly equipped kitchen.

Miran organises I fantastic tour of Mostar and the surrounding area. Not to be missed.`

Having only one night at this cosy, fun hostel was a mistake. It feels more like a home than a hostel and that is largely due to the friendliness of Miran and his family. The tours they run are one of a kind and I loved staying here! Very social atmosphere and really comfortable rooms - I'll definitely be back!

• 24th Jul 2014

Absolutely LOVED Hostel Miran! Miran was fantastic and helped us in organising everything we wanted to do in Mostar. The tour he runs is fantastic and offers so much insight and info about Mostar. Such a friendly atmosphere....we were even convinced to stay an extra night because we enjoyed it so kuch.

Miran and his family did everything to accommodate me during my stay. They were incredibly warm and made my visit to Mostar memorable. I highly recommend this hostel!

A Very clean and tidy hostel! Miran is an excellent host who will go out of his way to help his guests . Also his tours are outstanding ! Highly recommended !

Highly recommended. The hostel is run by Miran and his family, and they give it a very personal atmosphere. Go on the tour, it is totally worth it: You'll learn a lot about the history of the region, as well as a fantastic dive in the natural springs.

If you are looking for a hostel that brings all the comfort of home, stay at Hostel Miran! It is a small hostel run by an amazing family who are so welcoming. The tour by Miran is also excellent- one of my favourite days of the whole trip in Europe!

• 15th Jul 2014