Hostel Miran

9.6
Superb 1049 Total Reviews

• England, Male, 25-30
23rd Apr 2017

I absolutely loved every minute here with Miran and his family. He's one of the most genuine, interesting people I've met on my travels and makes you feel so welcome you don't want to leave. His tour is brilliant, his stories about the war are insanely interesting and the hostel itself has a wonderful atmosphere, is clean, great facilities and a perfect location. They provided a delicious breakfast and dinner every day. Thanks for everything Miran! I'll definitely be back - Alex from Liverpool

• Hong Kong, Female, 31-40
17th Apr 2017

Great staff make you feel like home! Thanks miran for making the dinner! The tour guided by miran's cousin was amazing and i would tell anyone who will stay in this hostel- it's a pity to miss it!! You will learn a lot about the culture, history happened here - highly recommended! One of the best tours i joined in past 2 months in europe!

16th Apr 2017

It was great, miran is a nice host, the tour they offer in the hostel is amazing, good history explanation and some awesome places to go.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
14th Apr 2017

I don’t usually leave hostel reviews, but I felt very inclined to leave a review for Hostel Miran. My review was too long to post on Hostelworld as I wanted to tell you my positive experiences, but I will summarise what I wanted to say in a short sentence: you need to stay at this hotel.

11th Apr 2017

Wow, cannot say enough good things about Miran and his hostel! We felt so welcomed and so at home in the cozy hostel, which was also nice and cool with the summer heat starting! Miran and his family are absolutely lovely and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND his tour. He takes you to so many cool and pretty and important places. He's so passionate about his city and about taking the best care of his guests. I'm looking forward to the day I can come back again! Awesome, awesome, awesome.

• England, Male, 25-30
8th Apr 2017

I can honestly say this place has been the highlight of my trip so far. Miran's tour is brilliant. He's such an interesting guy. He lived in Mostar throughout the war and shares all his experiences with you. If you're interested in the history of Yugoslavia then speak to him.

• Canada, Couple, 25-30
5th Apr 2017

Great host, perfect location-close to bus station and old town. The tour was the best part got to see a lot of the country side and hear about the war. Staff was great, we hope to return soon.

• Brunei, Male, 18-24
29th Mar 2017

Stayed for 2 nights but wished I could stay longer. Mostar is certainly an amazing place with amazing people! This was my first solo backpacking trip and Miran and John are definitely one of the best people I have met! They made me felt at home and I would certainly regard them as part of my family. Miran's tour was something not to be missed and his story was absolutely interesting and inspiring. It also gave me a different perspective about life. Thank you Miran for the amazing hospitality! =)

• England, Female, 41+
27th Mar 2017

This hostel ticks all the usual boxes for a great hostel but what makes it special is the atmosphere. It's more than fun and friendly,it was a life enriching stay. If you just want to check out the local bars, this hostel will be wasted on you. If you want to learn and understand more about the Cold War, the breakup of Yugoslavia and the ultimate consequence of sectarianism showing its ugly face in the open - war, this town and this family lived it. Miran's war tour is not to be missed.

16th Mar 2017

Fantastic little family run hostel. Really clean and prefect location between the old town and the bus/train station. Brilliant atmosphere so it's perfect to meet other travellers, even in the off season. I highly recommend this hostel and taking Miran's personal Mostar tour.