Hostel Miran Reviews

Pere Lazetica 13, (Carina), Mostar, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Hostel Miran isn't just a hostel, it's a home away from home. Miran and his family welcome you into his family run hostel and makes you feel at home. The hostel is immaculately clean with comfortable beds and great facilities. The outdoor patio makes for an excellent place to socialise in the warmer months and Miran is very entertaining himself, his tours are excellent value and come highly recommended from anyone who has stayed at his hostel.

Great hostel, great staff, close to the old bridge. I came to stay for two days but stayed 6 days. Miran, the owner, and Stefan the person taking care of the hostel, both provide an authentic and traditional environment that makes you feel that you are at someone's home not at a hostel. The hostel rooms, common area, and bathrooms are very clean, beds are very comfortable, good Wi-Fi, and a full kitchen where I cooked full Indian meal for 12 people. Miran's day tour was excellent! I'll be back!

Here is so nice place to visit old town and old bridge. Staff are so kind and support as we want. I love here so wanna visit here again summer time :D If you want to travel in Balkan, you should visit here. Because Miran helps you a lot of thing!!!!!

Amazing hostel and amazing guy that runs it ! Thanks Miran, nice to meet you :)

Hostel Miran was recommended by a friend and I can happily say I had a wonderful time there. I was immediately greeted with tea and coffee and the rest of the hospitality exceeded my expectations. Staff like Stefan are friendly and very helpful and overall it offers clean, cozy rooms and a relaxed atmosphere. Hostel Miran feels like you are staying with family. Finally, the owner, Miran will give you a memorable Mostar experience and you MUST go on his famous tour! This was by far the highlight.

• 8th Mar 2015

Some strange rules shouldn't have place (internet, food in the rooms, taking off shoes in the corridor).

• 6th Mar 2015
  • Poland

Fantastic hostel to stay at. Miran was so welcoming. And Stefan was so nice. The facilities are great. They even pick you up from the bus station. Highly recommend staying in Hostel Miran if you visit Mostar

Staying here was like visiting good friends rather than just another hostel! Miran is a very welcoming and generous host. He grew up in Mostar during the war and will passionately talk to you about the past, present and future. I highly recommend his war tour too. Stephan, the humble servant, is an acquired taste :) but if you keep an open mind you will really enjoy his quirky personality. Thank you guys so much for a refreshing, funny and personal experience. I hope to see you again in future!

Hostel Miran was wonderful! I'm traveling alone so I really appreciate friendly places, and everyone at Hostel Miran made me feel right at home. Miran's tour around Mostar was detailed and personal, and the evening was a ton of fun when Stefan made dinner and we all relaxed and watched soccer together. Great facilities, atmosphere, and location in a history-filled city that is well worth seeing.

• 16th Feb 2015

It was an absolute pleasure to meet Miran, the owner of the hostel, and Stefan, who works there. Miran is generous with his knowledge of Mostar and shared many thoughts and experiences with us about his life and the war in the city. His tour to Mostar and the surrounding areas was brilliant and fascinating. Immediately on arrival we were made to feel welcome, with Stefan's kindness, generosity and big heart being obvious throughout our stay.

My friend & I only stayed in Mostar for one night, but we were extremely happy to have stayed at Miran's. Everything that we needed was provided & the entire staff was helpful. They cooked us a free dinner, which was very tasty. The hostel is just a VERY short walk to the old bridge, restaurants, cafes & bars. It's also just a two minute walk from the train station, which will take you to Sarajevo twice a day. I will return in the future! If you want to feel safe & comfortable stay at Miran's.

• 4th Feb 2015

I went to Miran's House with some friends two weeks ago, on a weekend break from working in Sarajevo. We could only stay for two days, but we wish we could have stayed longer. We arrived Saturday and Miran and his staff welcomed us in, with coffee and breakfast. We wanted to see as much of Mostar as possible, and Miran obliged by taking us on a full tour in and around the city. We started in Blagaj, where Miran took us to the Dervish House and the source of the Buna River. Miran painted us a p

I would recommend to go in hostel miran, the hostel is very clean and close to the old town and bus and train station . it is the perfect place if you want to learn more about the history in mostar. Miran will share its experience and the Bosnian traditions with you and you can count on a warm welcome.

This place was accommodating and helpful during our stay. Miran is very friendly, though sometimes a bit overbearing. Overall, we were pleased with our stay though and would be happy to return.

We were here in the winter. It was VERY cold in the hostel. There was no heat on the first floor. The heater there was broken. And while Miran is a great guy, he kept opening the front door after we'd close it to try to keep the place warmer. That may be a cultural difference, but keeping your guests cold is not a good way to stay in business. Also, the "kitchen" was in the hallway, which is awkward when people are trying to cook. This is not a comfortable hostel at all.

No bunk beds which is a nice change, plenty of power outlets, decent bathrooms, good common area as a small kitchen. Miran is a great host, super helpful. His tour really is the highlight of the stay in Mostar, you get to see so many beautiful and historical destinations you couldn't see otherwise plus get a firsthand account of the war and visit sites no other tour visits.

It's not a fancy hostel. everything is basic. A little messiness is the charm of Hostel Miran. The common area is very sociable especially when Miran is there. It's like you're visiting an old friend in Mostar. Great location for catching early buses: 5 min walk from bus station. Wifi is fast but trust me you won't have much time to surf on internet. :p

It was great spending time with Miran. I suggest everybody to take their time and have a chat with Miran about the past 100 years.

Hostel Miran is situated in a back street, close to the main bus & train stations. There is a nearby Cevap takeaway place, and The Old Bridge & Crasija are also within walking distance. There is complimentary tea & coffee, and a well equiped kitchen, common room where guests can socialise. Miran is also a great guide, he can help guests with local information and can offer tailor made trips and tours of Herzegovina.

My girlfriend and I stayed with Miran and absolutely loved it. Awesome little hostel with a real home feel to it. Miran is also one of the coolest and most interesting people I have had the pleasure to meet on my travels. He goes out of his way to spend time with the guests and educate them on all things Balkan. Also the tour that he offers is really great. A full day tour of Herzegovina packed with awesome sights and stories. If you are in Bosnia, it is a MUST!