Hostel Miran Reviews

Pere Lazetica 13, (Carina), Mostar, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Miran is awesome a living legend. Love all his stories and his passion about the world affairs. His hostel is awesome and close to the bus station and the old town. Highly recommended this hostel. I was fascinated by Miran life story, he shows a bunch of us in the patio of the hostel videos of his family during the war. Best hostel in Bosnia.

Miran and his family are so incredibly kind. I wish I could have gone on his tour, but my timing didn't work out. Everyone I talked to who went had an amazing time and said they learned so much. A group of us did manage to hike around the mountain overlooking Mostar. Miran generously drove us up the mountain and explained the Serbian attack on the city. We then explored the old bunkers and hiked down the mountain along the main road.

We had a really wonderful time at Hostel Miran. I stayed at the hostel seven years ago when I was a young backpacker and had such a good time that I wanted to revisit it. This time, on a regular holiday with my boyfriend in tow, it was just as great - friendly, fun, great staff and fellow travelers. We went on Miran's tour which was one of the highlights of our entire two week holiday - lots of history and swimming under stunning waterfalls.

By far the best hostel I've ever stayed at. comfy beds, very clean, and it doesn't feel like you're in a hostel, rather you are welcomed into Mirans family and home. His tour was amazing, you learn so much from someone who has lived through the history. If you are in Mostar, Mirans hostel is the place to go for sure-and don't just go for one day, Miran and Mostar both deserve more than one day!! Thank you Miran for everything!! -kimby

Hostel Miran is a wonderful place. Even if you don't plan to do Miran's tour, you should stay here. The hostel is clean, warm, friendly, has a great vibe, and is very conducive to meeting fellow travellers. However, I highly recommend that you do do Miran's tour. You'll see things that would be very difficult to access on your own, and Miran is just the most fantastic guide. An amazing hostel in a fascinating city.

Lovely family run hostel. Very clean with a nice common area outside. It would be really nice to have a flat sheet, as well as the currently provided fitted sheet, on the beds, especially when it is hot. Lydia was excellent to have around to take us to the sniper tower and dinner.

Overall good hostel. Very close to the bus station so it's convenient. Also walking distance to the places you need to see. Lots of bars, restaurants walking distance. The owner/staff are really cool, lots of cool stories to tell. It's small enough hostel and you'll definitely meet other travelers.

Miran and his family were warm, generous and welcoming hosts. This was my second time visiting Mostar and it was really interesting to talk to Miran and hear his views on Mostar, the war and life! Gave me a lot to think about. His tour was wonderful - we feel lucky to have seen so much of Hercegovina. Our room was the double room and it was clean and comfy. We are planning to come back in the future!

If you go to Mostar and dont take here then dont go. A perfect hostel and Mirans tour of Mostar was amazing. Sad to leave.

Felt welcomed since first walking in the door, fantastic place to relax.

Great hostel for exploring Mostar and the surrounding areas. Rooms were clean and there was a good atmosphere with guests mingling in the common area. Miran also runs an amazing day tour and was really nice to let me have a private room at no extra cost because I was sick on my last night. I would definitely recommend staying here.

Everything was fine. Miran always understand what his guest need. He is like my big brother in Bosnia. He will definitely help you. May God bless Miran's business. Thank you so much Miran.

Miran and his family are extremely welcoming and the true meaning of Bosnian hospitality. He is always happy to help and recommend things to see and do in Mostar and his tours are amazing.

• 31st May 2015

Awesome. Dont even think of staying in another hostel in Miran. Miran will tell you firsthand everything about the history of Bosnia and his personal experiences. He's always around to help you out and give you advice on anything. Also, dont leave without doing the tour around Mostar. Saw some amazing places, and also here Miran will do all his best to bring over his personal experiences in Mostar. Highly recommended!

This was a good hostel. Excellent location a few minutes walk from the bus or train stations. Miran is an excellent host with lots of knowledge. Unfortunately I didn't have the time to go on one of his tours but they are highly recommended by fellow travellers so I recommend making the time. If I am back I'll be booking one.

Hostel Miran makes you feel home in Bosnia inmediately: from the friendly welcoming to the carefully brewed Bosnian coffee, the advices offered on what to see and all the stories Miran is willing to tell about his countries (war)history. The hostel itself is located perfectly: in a small alley, close to the old town but just outside the tourist masses and has a great smoothie bar around the corner.

Great stay at Hostel Miran! Miran was very welcoming and his tour around Herzegovina was amazing.

Hostel Miran isn't just a hostel, it's a home away from home. Miran and his family welcome you into his family run hostel and makes you feel at home. The hostel is immaculately clean with comfortable beds and great facilities. The outdoor patio makes for an excellent place to socialise in the warmer months and Miran is very entertaining himself, his tours are excellent value and come highly recommended from anyone who has stayed at his hostel.

Great hostel, great staff, close to the old bridge. I came to stay for two days but stayed 6 days. Miran, the owner, and Stefan the person taking care of the hostel, both provide an authentic and traditional environment that makes you feel that you are at someone's home not at a hostel. The hostel rooms, common area, and bathrooms are very clean, beds are very comfortable, good Wi-Fi, and a full kitchen where I cooked full Indian meal for 12 people. Miran's day tour was excellent! I'll be back!

Here is so nice place to visit old town and old bridge. Staff are so kind and support as we want. I love here so wanna visit here again summer time :D If you want to travel in Balkan, you should visit here. Because Miran helps you a lot of thing!!!!!