Hostel Miran Reviews

Pere Lazetica 13, (Carina), Mostar, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Hostel Miran took care of us like no other hostel and I can not thank them enough for their hospitality and going beyond their role to look after us when we needed a hospital or got dropped off in Bosnia in the middle of nowhere at 4am. Miran and his family make you feel welcome and take care of any of your needs. He even includes a war experience night where he shares stories of the war and shows videos of what it was like back then. 10/10 would go back in a heartbeat.

• 13th Jul 2014

Отличный хостел за такую стоимость. Доброжелательный хозяин и дружественная обстановка. В комнатах чисто и уютно. Никаких негативных впечатлений.

• 12th Jul 2014
  • Russia

My favourite city of Europe so far. This experience was helped by the guided tour provided my Miran and great atmosphere in the hostel. I was well looked after here - wouldn't say this is a place to party - just come to appreciate the history of the town and great food and landmarks. Will be coming back! Patrick

Great hostel, Epic tour, Miran and his family are great people

• 7th Jul 2014

Good location. Clean rooms and bathroom. Good staff.

Loved Miran! What a guy! Really welcoming and friendly. Clean and easy going homely hostel.

Great place :-)

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Poland

We loved this place, the staff were so friendly and helpful, we were lost and they sent a car to get us! There wasn't a spot of dust in the whole place and it's perfectly located between the town and the train station which for us could not have been better! Get a detailed map before you go as nowhere has street signs in Mostar so we were lost for about an hour!

Nice hostel at Miran's home, so his family is also walking around there. About the 6-bed dorm, there is no key on the door or on the front door of the hostel, and there is also no locker on the room itself (only upstairs in Mirans room, so I didn't really want to put things in there). So at first it felt unsafe with my valuable stuff. The atmosphere is amazing there, I think the best atmosphere in a hostel I've been in so far. Miran's tour was nice, but I think really overpriced with 30 euros!

The beds were quite comfy and the rooms were quite nice. We stayed at this hostel for 2 nights as 4 girls and felt super uncomfortable with the owner.

It was great to stay at Mirian's Hostel! As soon as we got of from the train station, there he was waiting for us, we didm;t even ask, but I guess he knew that we were coming from Sarajevo. So nice of him! The hostel is very nice and clean, he is very friendly and resourceful. His tour was very informative and interesting. He would definitely go out of his away to help you. I made a mistake and book two nights instead of only one, and he was fine with it and even called my next hostel in Kotor.

Excellent hostel. Best tours in Mostar. You don't want to miss it!

• 27th Jun 2014
  • Finland

A good hostel with good staff who genuinely cared about everyone's wellbeing. The hostel runs a tour, which was pretty good, although a little pricey and Miran had a tendency to get a little carried away with his strong feelings about the horrible things that happened in the war (although if I had been through what he and his family have I probably would've too). The internet also worked poorly, but I wouldn't expect much better internet for other hostels in Bosnia & Herzegovina.

Such a great hostel. Tours worth the.money and ten times more. Miran was a great host and goes out of his way to look after his guests. We loved our stay here and Mostar is such an interesting place to visit.

The stand out thing at Marin's is Marin himself. He is passionate about everything; Bosnia, the War, making sure his guests are happy, making everyone feel welcome and part of the hostel, etc. He's super helpful, always on the go and goes that extra mile. His trip to the outlying areas is a must. They will meet you at the station, though its not far and instructions are good anyway. Five to ten mins walk to the Old Bridge.

We travelled around Balkan and Hostel Miran was the best accomodation we had during our trip. Everything was always clean and well organized. The atmosphere was great and Miran's tour is a must! We went to war tour and for the bigger whole day tour. Without the war tour we would not know much about Mostar and its history and the bigger, whole day tour teached us lot about Bosnia. So I highly recommend to take part on the tours!

• 5th Jun 2014
  • Finland

This hostel is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in!! Miran is absolutely an amazing guy and really takes care of all of his visitors. He also has probably the best tour in the whole Balkans. I definetely recommend this hostel!!

Miran is a great guy who wants to make you feel at home. He is very passionate about his country (and football). For sure go on his war + waterfall tour! Would stay here again if I visit Mostar in the future.

Great value room in a conveniently located hostel. Owner was v helpful and welcoming. Room was clean and comfortable.

Great hostel only five minutes walk from the start of the stuff you want to see. Miran is a great guy and really hospitable. I fully recommend doing the day tour with him to the villages and waterfall outside of Mostar, and then to the war stuff in the city. Would definitely go back.