Hostel Miran Reviews

Pere Lazetica 13, (Carina), Mostar, Bosnia And Herzegovina

This hostel was awesome. I had a great time... Miran is a great guy and really makes you feel at home. I did the tour also offered by the hostel which was super fun. I would definitely recommend staying here and would love to return to Mostar.

Owner and his family extremely friendly and helpful- their tours are fantastic too, really great to be shown the sites by someone who lived there through the Bosnian war

I really enjoyed staying at Hostel Miran. Miran was an amazing host and I felt really welcome. I plan to visit Mostar again and will stay again.

This is probably one of the best if not best hostels I've stayed at. The owner Miran is truly an amazing guy. Treats you like family the moment he picks you up from the bus. He runs 2 tours; a war tour with personal experiences which is very interesting to learn about and an 8 hour tour viewing various amazing sights. Both are definitely worth every penny. Miran has an awesome traditional Bosnian restaurant to recommend, which will leave you very satisfied. I highly recommend this hostel!!!

• 11th May 2014

Great place to stay while in Mostar, close to the stations and centre and is very clean. We stayed an extra day to learn more about the history of the area and to go on mirans tour which is well worth going on. The hosts, Miran and his family were so nice and welcoming. :)

We had a great stay at Hostel Miran and can't recommend it more. Miran even collected us from the bus station, just so we could feel more at home. Finally, the tour Miran gave us was probably the most honest and enlightening one we have done so far in the Balkans and gave us a true and raw view of the troubles these people have faced in recent years. Thank you Miran!!

Enjoyed the stay at the hostel! Definetely one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. Good location, easy to get to all places of interest. Very clean and safe. The best of stay at the hostel was the trip, well organized and our guide was very knowledgeable. Thanks a lot for making the stay in Mostar something to remember.

Loved Miran's Hostel. The facilities were everything you need. Miran's hospitality makes this place amazing. He goes out of his way to make sure you have the best time in Bosnia. He is very passionate about his country and it was really good to learn from him on his Tour! Great value for money, good location and he even picks you up from the bus! Would definitely stay again!

We had a great time although short - thanks! It was great - just what you would expect from a Hostel. Very close to the bus/train station and 5 mins from the old town. Staff were friendly and happy to chat to guests. We stayed again on our way back.

If there were a Hoscar for the best host, then Miran is definitely the number one favorite. The hostel itself is a small, family-run place and has all the facilities a traveler might need. But, as the name suggests, it is Miran himself that makes it so special. If you want not only just to snap few pictures, but to know the country, its history, traditions, discover Mostar and its surroundings - then Miran is your guy!

Miran is, by far, my favorite hostel owner of all time. He is warm, inviting, funny and makes you feel welcome instantly. I would recommend every single person in the world to stay here (DO NOT SKIP MOSTAR) and to TAKE THE WAR TOUR. it was the highlight of our trip. So much information and first hand stories you will not get in a guidebook. Love him.

Everything was perfect. Stayed for 6 nigths and it is one of the best hostels i ever stayed.

People..it's easy. The hostel is like the owner himself "the best"! Thanks Miran! :)

I highly recommend a stay at Miran's place in Mostar. Facilities are great, with a well-equipped kitchen, instant hot water in the shower and very comfortable beds. There is a courtyard and common room for meeting people, too. I didn't take any of his tours but from what I heard they are well worth it. Probably the best thing is that you feel instantly at home when staying, but still completely independent.

It's Miran that makes the hostel a good choice. Even though it's hard to stop him while talking, his conversations are quite enjoyable as he's a really open minded Muslim. This hostel is a home hostel; meaning Miran, his wife and kids are all living in the same building, just next to the hostel there're neighbours and the only negative side is you should be quiet after midnight but all in all that's not a serious problem. It was a short and nice stay Miran, thank you.

Good location. In between train station and old town. 5m walk to the train station and 10m walk to the old town. Hostel was comfortable with AC. The owner, Miran, is a really good guy and will make you feel at home. He organises a day trip around Mostar in a van which goes up to the bunkers and into different parts of the city and includes historical and personal experiences during the war. I definitely recommend the tour! and wouldn't hesitate to stay at the hostel again.

My stay at hostel Miran was great and I wished I could have stayed longer! Miran was friendly and although he had family stresses he took time to speak with us and make our stay personal. I will definitely be going back!

This hostel was amazing was suppose to stay 1 night spent 3. I honestly would have spend 2 weeks there if I had the time. Miran was a legendary guy. I could have sat and listened to his stories about everything from life to the war for weeks and been perfectly contempt. The whole time you're there he feels like family and will bend over backwards to help with any need you have! If you want to learn the history of Mostar stay here without a doubt. Plus the hostel it self is a great stay!

What a great place! The dorm is lovely decorated, everything is very clean and nice, Miran is a great guy, he and his family will make you feel like home. The hostel is close to everything, it is placed 5 min from the center, and just a blink from the bus/trainstation. I was very happy about this choice, and highly recommend to stay there!

If you love your job, you always get good responses. Like this one I am making now. The owner is the best. He loves his job and shows you back with everything. He even takes you from the bus station if he is available. Best hostel in town probably.