Hostel Miran Reviews

Pere Lazetica 13, (Carina), Mostar, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Staying here was like visiting good friends rather than just another hostel! Miran is a very welcoming and generous host. He grew up in Mostar during the war and will passionately talk to you about the past, present and future. I highly recommend his war tour too. Stephan, the humble servant, is an acquired taste :) but if you keep an open mind you will really enjoy his quirky personality. Thank you guys so much for a refreshing, funny and personal experience. I hope to see you again in future!

Hostel Miran was wonderful! I'm traveling alone so I really appreciate friendly places, and everyone at Hostel Miran made me feel right at home. Miran's tour around Mostar was detailed and personal, and the evening was a ton of fun when Stefan made dinner and we all relaxed and watched soccer together. Great facilities, atmosphere, and location in a history-filled city that is well worth seeing.

It was an absolute pleasure to meet Miran, the owner of the hostel, and Stefan, who works there. Miran is generous with his knowledge of Mostar and shared many thoughts and experiences with us about his life and the war in the city. His tour to Mostar and the surrounding areas was brilliant and fascinating. Immediately on arrival we were made to feel welcome, with Stefan's kindness, generosity and big heart being obvious throughout our stay.

My friend & I only stayed in Mostar for one night, but we were extremely happy to have stayed at Miran's. Everything that we needed was provided & the entire staff was helpful. They cooked us a free dinner, which was very tasty. The hostel is just a VERY short walk to the old bridge, restaurants, cafes & bars. It's also just a two minute walk from the train station, which will take you to Sarajevo twice a day. I will return in the future! If you want to feel safe & comfortable stay at Miran's.

• 4th Feb 2015

I went to Miran's House with some friends two weeks ago, on a weekend break from working in Sarajevo. We could only stay for two days, but we wish we could have stayed longer. We arrived Saturday and Miran and his staff welcomed us in, with coffee and breakfast. We wanted to see as much of Mostar as possible, and Miran obliged by taking us on a full tour in and around the city. We started in Blagaj, where Miran took us to the Dervish House and the source of the Buna River. Miran painted us a p

I would recommend to go in hostel miran, the hostel is very clean and close to the old town and bus and train station . it is the perfect place if you want to learn more about the history in mostar. Miran will share its experience and the Bosnian traditions with you and you can count on a warm welcome.

This place was accommodating and helpful during our stay. Miran is very friendly, though sometimes a bit overbearing. Overall, we were pleased with our stay though and would be happy to return.

We were here in the winter. It was VERY cold in the hostel. There was no heat on the first floor. The heater there was broken. And while Miran is a great guy, he kept opening the front door after we'd close it to try to keep the place warmer. That may be a cultural difference, but keeping your guests cold is not a good way to stay in business. Also, the "kitchen" was in the hallway, which is awkward when people are trying to cook. This is not a comfortable hostel at all.

No bunk beds which is a nice change, plenty of power outlets, decent bathrooms, good common area as a small kitchen. Miran is a great host, super helpful. His tour really is the highlight of the stay in Mostar, you get to see so many beautiful and historical destinations you couldn't see otherwise plus get a firsthand account of the war and visit sites no other tour visits.

It's not a fancy hostel. everything is basic. A little messiness is the charm of Hostel Miran. The common area is very sociable especially when Miran is there. It's like you're visiting an old friend in Mostar. Great location for catching early buses: 5 min walk from bus station. Wifi is fast but trust me you won't have much time to surf on internet. :p

It was great spending time with Miran. I suggest everybody to take their time and have a chat with Miran about the past 100 years.

Hostel Miran is situated in a back street, close to the main bus & train stations. There is a nearby Cevap takeaway place, and The Old Bridge & Crasija are also within walking distance. There is complimentary tea & coffee, and a well equiped kitchen, common room where guests can socialise. Miran is also a great guide, he can help guests with local information and can offer tailor made trips and tours of Herzegovina.

My girlfriend and I stayed with Miran and absolutely loved it. Awesome little hostel with a real home feel to it. Miran is also one of the coolest and most interesting people I have had the pleasure to meet on my travels. He goes out of his way to spend time with the guests and educate them on all things Balkan. Also the tour that he offers is really great. A full day tour of Herzegovina packed with awesome sights and stories. If you are in Bosnia, it is a MUST!

Beautiful hostel, beautiful family runnning it. Makes you feel at home, wonderful location, Theres a reason why its rated so high and people enjoy there stay. Much love!

• 17th Oct 2014

Easy to find, close to the bus station. Miran is an absolute hero, it's worth staying here just to meet and speak to this guy. Some incredible stories to tell and so friendly and helpful. Real close to the Stari Most etc, great location to explore Mostar from. Great vibe, easy to meet people, very sociable. I want to go back! STAY HERE. Thank you Miran!

The hostel has a great atmosphere which facilitates the meeting of other travellers. I just love everything about this hostel. It has all the usual facilities including 2 kitchen, clean shower rooms and toilets! The common area of the hostel is nice and everything in this hostel is just GREAT! The staffs even the owner were so helpful and they literally treated everyone like their family. I would 200% recommend this hostel to everyone!

I'm glad I chose to say in Hostel Miran, mainly because of Miran himself! He's a wonderful host, very knowledgeable and super friendly! He treats all his guests like we're part of his family! Welcoming everyone with hugs and kisses, coffee, tea, juice, everything! Felt like home away from home! I absolutely loved it. He also organizes tours so for 30euro per person, you get to see the best of Bosnia in a day + listen to stories and Miran's experiences from the recent war. Wonderful!

Avery nice comfortable secure Hostel near the Bus and train station.Miran and his brother were really nice helpful.Bathroom is clean and wifi is fast .Kitchen is small but handy

Miran is the best! Felt like a home away from home from the minute I walked in! The tour to the waterfalls etc was fantastic, the local accounts of the war that Miran and his cousins shared was really interesting, all in all I couldn't fault the hostel. Thank you!

Stay at Miran's hostel was one of the best during our trip in Balkans. And that is definetely due to Miran's colourful personality. Within 3 days he managed to tell us about various historical topics and topical issues of Bosnia and Herzogovina therefore letting us view the country and especially the city of Mostar with new eyes. And the hostel was for sure great place to meet people and feel at home.