Hostel Miran Reviews

Pere Lazetica 13, (Carina), Mostar, Bosnia And Herzegovina

A good hostel with good staff who genuinely cared about everyone's wellbeing. The hostel runs a tour, which was pretty good, although a little pricey and Miran had a tendency to get a little carried away with his strong feelings about the horrible things that happened in the war (although if I had been through what he and his family have I probably would've too). The internet also worked poorly, but I wouldn't expect much better internet for other hostels in Bosnia & Herzegovina.

Such a great hostel. Tours worth the.money and ten times more. Miran was a great host and goes out of his way to look after his guests. We loved our stay here and Mostar is such an interesting place to visit.

The stand out thing at Marin's is Marin himself. He is passionate about everything; Bosnia, the War, making sure his guests are happy, making everyone feel welcome and part of the hostel, etc. He's super helpful, always on the go and goes that extra mile. His trip to the outlying areas is a must. They will meet you at the station, though its not far and instructions are good anyway. Five to ten mins walk to the Old Bridge.

We travelled around Balkan and Hostel Miran was the best accomodation we had during our trip. Everything was always clean and well organized. The atmosphere was great and Miran's tour is a must! We went to war tour and for the bigger whole day tour. Without the war tour we would not know much about Mostar and its history and the bigger, whole day tour teached us lot about Bosnia. So I highly recommend to take part on the tours!

• 5th Jun 2014
  • Finland

This hostel is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in!! Miran is absolutely an amazing guy and really takes care of all of his visitors. He also has probably the best tour in the whole Balkans. I definetely recommend this hostel!!

Miran is a great guy who wants to make you feel at home. He is very passionate about his country (and football). For sure go on his war + waterfall tour! Would stay here again if I visit Mostar in the future.

Great value room in a conveniently located hostel. Owner was v helpful and welcoming. Room was clean and comfortable.

Great hostel only five minutes walk from the start of the stuff you want to see. Miran is a great guy and really hospitable. I fully recommend doing the day tour with him to the villages and waterfall outside of Mostar, and then to the war stuff in the city. Would definitely go back.

great place,great tour,great king miran!loved it!!!!

This hostel was awesome. I had a great time... Miran is a great guy and really makes you feel at home. I did the tour also offered by the hostel which was super fun. I would definitely recommend staying here and would love to return to Mostar.

Owner and his family extremely friendly and helpful- their tours are fantastic too, really great to be shown the sites by someone who lived there through the Bosnian war

I really enjoyed staying at Hostel Miran. Miran was an amazing host and I felt really welcome. I plan to visit Mostar again and will stay again.

This is probably one of the best if not best hostels I've stayed at. The owner Miran is truly an amazing guy. Treats you like family the moment he picks you up from the bus. He runs 2 tours; a war tour with personal experiences which is very interesting to learn about and an 8 hour tour viewing various amazing sights. Both are definitely worth every penny. Miran has an awesome traditional Bosnian restaurant to recommend, which will leave you very satisfied. I highly recommend this hostel!!!

• 11th May 2014

Great place to stay while in Mostar, close to the stations and centre and is very clean. We stayed an extra day to learn more about the history of the area and to go on mirans tour which is well worth going on. The hosts, Miran and his family were so nice and welcoming. :)

We had a great stay at Hostel Miran and can't recommend it more. Miran even collected us from the bus station, just so we could feel more at home. Finally, the tour Miran gave us was probably the most honest and enlightening one we have done so far in the Balkans and gave us a true and raw view of the troubles these people have faced in recent years. Thank you Miran!!

Enjoyed the stay at the hostel! Definetely one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. Good location, easy to get to all places of interest. Very clean and safe. The best of stay at the hostel was the trip, well organized and our guide was very knowledgeable. Thanks a lot for making the stay in Mostar something to remember.

Loved Miran's Hostel. The facilities were everything you need. Miran's hospitality makes this place amazing. He goes out of his way to make sure you have the best time in Bosnia. He is very passionate about his country and it was really good to learn from him on his Tour! Great value for money, good location and he even picks you up from the bus! Would definitely stay again!

We had a great time although short - thanks! It was great - just what you would expect from a Hostel. Very close to the bus/train station and 5 mins from the old town. Staff were friendly and happy to chat to guests. We stayed again on our way back.

If there were a Hoscar for the best host, then Miran is definitely the number one favorite. The hostel itself is a small, family-run place and has all the facilities a traveler might need. But, as the name suggests, it is Miran himself that makes it so special. If you want not only just to snap few pictures, but to know the country, its history, traditions, discover Mostar and its surroundings - then Miran is your guy!

Miran is, by far, my favorite hostel owner of all time. He is warm, inviting, funny and makes you feel welcome instantly. I would recommend every single person in the world to stay here (DO NOT SKIP MOSTAR) and to TAKE THE WAR TOUR. it was the highlight of our trip. So much information and first hand stories you will not get in a guidebook. Love him.