Hostel Mondpalast Reviews

Louisenstrasse 77, 01099, Dresden, Germany

Great location around lovely cafes and bars. Within walking distance to everywhere. Clean and tidy hostel.

Nice Hostel, enjoyed the stay but have stayed in better and stayed in worse, would come back again

Loved my stay here - the atmosphere was wonderful, the people really friendly. The staff were so helpful, and had a lot of information about Dresden and maps to hand. The surrounding area has a great, friendly, buzzing atmosphere as well. One slight improvement would be providing salt/pepper for the guest kitchen (other than that, it was really well stocked with cutlery/crockery). I'd definitely recommend Mondpalast :) Thank you!

• 1st Sep 2014

The hostel was in a great part of Dresden, although it is a bit of a walk into the new 'old' town the area is very lively and interesting, especially at night. The hostel had a good atmosphere and comfy, clean beds.

Although I did not use, but the kitchen is very useful to some of my room mates.

This hostel was in a really fun area of Dresden, with heaps of interesting places to eat and drink nearby. The bar downstairs was a nice place to spend some time, and the walk to the old town wasn't too bad. We loved our stay here!

Great location, by loads of bars and restaurants in the Neustadt - new, cool, student area of the city. A bit far from the tourist attractions in the Altstadt, but there are trams and buses, so it's fine. The breakfast is very expensive and probably not worth the money. Other than that it has everything you need - wifi, a bar, kitchens, nice rooms and very easy to meet people!

Great location in Dresden, right in the main student area of the city where a lot of bars and restaurants are based. The common area and kitchen were very good and quite homely but the hostel lacked atmosphere and was quite boring. Rooms and beds clean and spacious.

The hostel was really good. The facilities were very good and clean. It is located at the new part of Dresden and, thus, close to bars, but a bit far from the main tourist attractions. The breakfast is not worth its price.

• 1st Aug 2014

I've been in Nepal in 2011 and the wi-fi was free in every guesthouse. Now it's 2014, you should really upgrade.

Great hostel, good vibe, easy to meet people! Free BBQ and beer on Fridays! A little unorganised and the staff does not seem to care much.

So right when I was staying there they changed their system from unlimited wifi to 30 minutes of free wifi. This is killer for those of us that don't have phones and the only way to stay connected is to use wifi while traveling. That is probably the biggest downfall of this place. Otherwise it was my 2nd favorite hostel on my whole trip throughout Germany and it is amazingly located for a very affordable price. Seriously, if you visit Dresden you can't get much better than this place.

Excellent hostel! Really enjoyed my time there. Good kitchen and common room, met lots of great people. Fantastic part of town too, great bars.

The location is fabulous, the ambiance is lovely with walls painted in green swirls. The beds are comfortable, the showers are great. This would have been a perfect hostel if I had not gotten bitten by bedbugs. I will say that the staff took it very seriously, evacuated our entire room and went to work on it immediately. I think that sort of reaction makes me gain trust in it rather than loose trust. I would stay here again.

Ienjoyed my stay at Mondpalast. There was key code entry to get on your floor and lockers inthe room. Bathrooms and rooms were clean. Well stocked self-catering kitchen. Only issue was that there were no safety rails on top of bunk beds. Would stay there again.

Had a fantastic stay here and would again if in the area. It was an easy walk to the old town, supermarkets and cheap eateries, plus the onsite kitchen and lounge was a great way to chill out (especially as a non smoker). Plenty of toilets and showers and bright and clean rooms.

It was a good hostel. It's got everything you need. It's a good place to say, would recommend. The breakfast costs too much though, for what it is. The staff are bland. It's impersonal I guess compared with other places, but it has what you want.

A bit noisey at night if your room opens directly above the street. Nice hostel vibe!

This is a great place and fantastic location

Location not ideal, a large hostel. Would not recommend for backpackers like myself. Other than that, nice hostel. Clean, good facilities.