Hostel Mondpalast Reviews

Louisenstrasse 77, 01099, Dresden, Germany

Location not ideal, a large hostel. Would not recommend for backpackers like myself. Other than that, nice hostel. Clean, good facilities.

The hostel was really clean, the environment very welcoming. If you like going out at night, this is the perfect place, in the middle of the nightlife area of Dresden. There are also good connections to the rest of the town and public transportation, although if you have lots of heavy luggage, you might want to take a taxi from/to the station, since the walk from the tran station is about 600 meters. The staff is very friendly and everyone else staying there was cool, too :)

bit of a walk into the city but it was a nice walk to get there. lots of little shops, bars and cafes around the hostel and the kitchen was good and clean. the rooms were spacious and clean, good value for money !

Great hostel. Nice staff, nice kitchen, nice lounge, nice showers and a good cafe downstairs.

The area is perfect - close to Neustadt train station, full of nice bars and unexpensive restaurants, nice atmosphere, many nightlife options, 20min walk to the Old Town. Toilets were a bit filthy and the kitchen could be cleaner too but I guess it depends on other guests too (wash your dishes!!!). Anyway I had no problems.

Fabulous location for our needs. Great place.

The location of the hostel was great. The staff were really friendly, helpful and understanding. I really enjoyed my stay there :))

• 11th Jun 2014
  • Turkey

Longish walk to the trams, but good location in the Neustadt. Café/bar on ground floor very convenient. I didn't sample the breakfast (8€ extra) but it looked very good. A good base for exploring a marvellous city.

Loved my stay at hostel mondpalast. The location is great for exploring Neustadt and only a 25 min walk from the old town. Lovely lounge area where I enjoyed an early breakfast. Clean and friendly. Definitely recommend.

Dresden is a 'must see' city - it's gorgeous. Less tourists than Prague - which is a bonus! You can walk from the hostel to the old town easily. Lots of restaurants around the hostel and a brilliant little shop just across the road that stocks all you need. The hostel also have a kitchen and lounge on each floor which is fabulous if you want to self cater.

Great hostel! Very clean with lots of lockers, good beds, ample bathrooms, kitchen and common area all in a vibrant area of town. Would be a good place for both families and backpackers to stay.

Loved every second here! Could of stayed for longer!

I have long wanted to stay in this hostel when in Dresden, but every other time it was fully booked. Now, when just in need for a bed for one night I finally got to stay there. This is a truely fantastic hostel and I hope I will get to stay there again when back in Dresden!

The hostel itself is great. Big, clean, and well placed! The fact that it has a kitchen is awwwwsome. Unfortunately the staff ruined my experience because they were so mean. To everyone! They were always sitting on the patio talking with there friends and would get mad if you bothered them. It was absolutely rediculous. Plus they will surprise you with hidden fees when you get there such as a linen fee for every night your there.

Great stay, no problems.

Fairly nice hostel though quite dark and could use some more plugs in the room. It is about a 20 minute walk out of old town which is where you want to be to see all the attractions but also some cool bars and restaurants in the area. Recommendable but could be in a bit better of a location

Love the quirky decor. Good kitchen facilities.

Bad sound isolation. If your room mates or neighbours are noisy, might be difficult to fall asleep

This place is really pretty and for 6.50 they do a wicked breakfast! Facilities were pretty spot on. The only negative would be that I stayed at the end of January and I'm pretty sure for my first night there, I was the only person staying in the hostel. Needless to say I didn't make any friends. I'm sure it would be better in peak season.

Hostel is clean, close to the city center and staff is very helpful. I would definitely recommend that.

• 21st Dec 2013