Hostel Mondpalast Reviews

Louisenstrasse 77, 01099, Dresden, Germany

Very unfriendly and arrogant staff, wifi is very very bad, very cold in the whole building

Nice hostel, good atmosphere, and you can also sleep well, it was not too loud. It was a bit surprising for me, that it is not aloud to use sleeping bags, but they provided clean bed sheets.

Good hostel, great position, expensive breackfast (7-8 euros)

If I ever return to Hamburg (highly likely) I will return here. The staff are lovely and patient. The kitchen facilities are fantastic. The location is freaking awesome and it's really nice to sit and have a chat in the bar. Cinema across the road is pretty cute too.

I was not very impressed with the hostel except the kitchen facilities were quite good. I didn't like the fact I had to take a heavy suitcase up a narrow staircase and the bathrooms are not in the rooms. It is a 15 min walk to the main train station and is not close to anything so you have no choice but to take a cab,train or walk. It is the worst hostel I have stayed in and would definitely not go back. The only nice thing about it were the staff.

cost more then they stated it would, wich i guess hapens a lot but still is anoying. staff seemed like everybody was having a bad week.. with a small exeption, no 'Hi' no 'good day' no smiles :( atmosphere was wierd, no real interaction with people staying in the hostel, kind of empty, so was the pub.. note that there is NO age limit, i didn't think that would bother me, but there was a school class (or several) staying there at the same time.. got kind of rediculus at some point

The hostel is old and not well maintained. the lockers are too small and tall means u can't fit in large backpacks (those u can hand carry on planes). THe toilet is not en-suite.

The beds were very comfortable and the lockers were huge. People were friendly and nice especially the lady running the adjoining bar in the lobby.

Meh, just okay. Location's pretty good, but it's a tad pricey in my opinion. Also, it may have just been my room/my bed, but it smelled something terrible and my mattress was waay too stained to sleep unhindered by thoughts of their origin.

Basic hostel. A 30 minute walk from town square. Cool cafes and shops nearby. Breakfast was adequate.

I recommend because is clean, big, has kitchen with everything, big lockers, good instalations.

The hostel is located in the most living place of the city. It is surrounded by bars and very nice restaurant. Staff was nice, everything was clean, room where very good. I highly recommend the place!

I never slept in the hostel because hello Dresden, but the breakfast was too expensive. The rooms were super nice though, and the desk people were lovely.

Very friendly staff, large rooms. Beds don't have individual power outlets, but not a big deal. Hostel is well located and easy to walk to (albeit the trek to the old town can seem a bit far in the cold)

Just a very good experience. Friendly staff, very clean hotel, nice facilities with large rooms, a large kitchen and common room. I strongly advise.

Fantastic stay here! Very clean and well-run with great facilities. Bit of a walk from main sights but easy to take tram. Discount supermarket a 10 minute walk away which is always handy. Highly recommend!

Great hostel in area of Neu Stadt-good location for party-makers not so good for sightseeing visitors. The atmosphere was good,the hostel has feeling of aletrnative,cultural centre-super. We appreciated nice,new,clean bathrooms and toilets.

I didn't understand why I had to pay again the full value of the booking if I had already payed the deposit by Hostelworld website.

Far from the Altstadt, no frills, but the price is decent.

Extremely loud.