Hostel Mondpalast Reviews

Louisenstrasse 77, 01099, Dresden, Germany

Had a good stay, good rooms, nice kitchen. Lockers were very narrow. Good atmosphere. Lots of bars nearby in the street for coffee and drinks.

This hostel is just a hostel amongst the many others. Nothing fancy, but on the other side no big downsides.

Really nice staff who helped me check up how to go to Saxon Switzerland. The hostel shares the reception area with an unaffiliated bar, but it gives the place a good character. Very nice common room area, and free WiFi that works in rooms. Beds are mostly not bunk beds, and the rooms are spacious. Lockers are just a teeny bit narrow, but it is long and there is space for hangers. It is quite a long walk to the historic centre, but close to nice pubs, supermarkets and bakeries. Recommended.

Forget the tourist trap, you're in the New Town on the best street in Dresden. Really friendly people, great atmosphere, the rooms are huge and comfortable. I'll be back.

I wasn't crazy about the hostel. The staff was more concerned with smoking than anything else. They were rude and not helpful at all. The nicest people there were the cleaning staff. The place was clean, but there was no sense of community which sucked. It's also a really long hike to get there especially with baggage.

This is a very good standard hostel in a cool part of Dresden. It was clean and friendly and had a nice vibe.

Was quite a nice little place, although our dorm was right above the street so we had to keep the Windows closed at night to keep the noise down. The security of each dorm could be better, a girl in our room had her handbag stolen in the middle of the night. The kitchen facilities were pretty good.

Hostel is in a very good location in the middle of the alternative suburb of Dresden. There are lots of cafes and bars nearby. Hostel staff is friendly and helpful. They let me change room after I wasnt happy with the first one that they showed to me. Bunk beds are good. The upper bed is high enough to give room to sit down comfortable on the lower bed. The beds are firm. I just had a bit bad luck with the roommates, a group of polish men that totally ignored me and smoked out of window,

Great place! I had a wonderful time!

Good location, cool bars nearby. Not bad, but they charge extra 2 euros, I don't think it is correct.

Clean place to sleep and good facilities available for self-catering. Good location. Lacked atmosphere in the hostel itself, but don't let that stop you from going to the bar downstairs.

Mondpalast was great value for money. It is a no-frills hostel, but at E15 per night for a 6 person mixed dorm, it is hard to beat the value ! I found the room and bathrooms to be clean and well kept. No complaints and would recommend others stay there !

Well, there is no elevator, the room small and dirrty, the stairs from the bunk beds is really bad. And we can not use ourselves bed sheets, it's unbelieveble, we have to pay for something that's always optional or included in the price in other hostels. The locker is very, very narrow and it's no so good located. Well, the wost hostel in my life!

Nice cheap place to stay

Beds were the best I've ever slept in in a hostel, spaceous nice looking dorms as well. Only the kitchen could use some more pots and pans an maybe a new watercooker. Oh and I found all 4 staff members I met really indifferent and not kind at all. Heard the same from fellow travelers. But overall Mondpalast is just pretty awesome.

Nice hostel with a big well equipped kitchen.

It's wonderful. The dining area is well-furnished, and the shower room is clean. I'll stay there again in my future visits. :)

• 9th Mar 2013
  • Taiwan

The hostel is located near plenty of bars and restaurants. The kitchen facilities are great. The bar attached to the hostel is a little pricey, but you can buy your own things and sit in the common room and kitchen. The showers were clean and hot. A well equiped hostel, I'd definitely stay again

Everything was nice, except that they charged 2 Euro extra for bedclothes without telling in the advertisment

• 2nd Feb 2013

The staff didn't have much information about the city, tours and stuff. But, I lost my cellphone on my way from the train station to the hostel, and the receptionist was really helpful! she called my phone several times, arranged a meeting with the girl who found it for me to go pick it up. She was really nice. The location is good for going out at night, the showers were good, the mattress was ok...!