Hostel Mondpalast Reviews

Louisenstrasse 77, 01099, Dresden, Germany

I didn't like the cleaning, I saw hair in my bed and the bathrooms were strange too. No wifi at my bedroom, only at others parts of the hostel. The breakfast were expensive so I didn't buy it. The dormitory was huge and had lockers, and there's some safety system for each floor!

Lovely hostel, has a cool bar with amazing cocktails, filled with both locals and tourists. Has a kitchen and common room upstairs too. In the new part of Dresden, about a 15-20 minute walk to the old town or you can take the tram which is very close by.

Great location in a very safe area. Definitely closer to bars than old town, but I honestly didn't think it was that loud and all the people around nearby made me feel much safer as a solo traveler. The sheets truly were awful though - they were so stiff that it was nearly kmpossible to even put them on the comforter and they barely fit the mattress. Also, I had to check out earlier than 7:30 told them the day before but still ended up waiting 30 min. Will stay here again if I come back, though

Amazing atmosphere and an incredible part of town! facilities are secure and the kitchen is good too.

Really good hostel and great location! The staff were friendly, especially the girl with long brown hair who checked us out :). Would stay here again!

About 20-30min walk from the old town. Nice cafes & shops around the hostel.

In the middle of the action is a nice place for young people, but the sheets aren't nice at all.

Fun place. Fun neighbourhood. Spotty internet. I appreciated the complimentary towel.

OK, Good things. Location, Clean, nice room with bathroom. Continental breakfast. Now..... There was only one staff member working the reception at any time, which mean't a lot of waiting. there was a huge party happening in the car park. The party people were shouting as loud till about 6am, and they had vuvuzelas, enough said. This was right outside the reception. the next day when we returned the bicycles after checkout, which we were told was ok, then we were shouted at later for this.

• 18th Jul 2015

Big rooms. Clean facilities. However the bedsheets felt like cardboard. Good location near nightlife but a bit of a walk to the old town

• 18th Jul 2015

Everything was ok with the Hostel but I could not sleep, first because everytime I moved my bed made noises, and later because a person came to the room (just arrived to Dresden) at 2 am and did so much noise he woke me up, not only that, but he farted and snored like a dinosaur. I could not sleep the whole night. The hostel was ok. Bathroom ok, toilet ok, kitchen ok. There should be a snoring questionnaire at check in.. all snorers together.

Very cool little place! Loved the atmosphere here. Staff wasn't the best, but they weren't horrible. Lots of character here. Cool place to hang out.

No check ID when I check in...no wifi in the room. I only stay for one night, for the price I paid for it's alright.

This was a terrible hostel. The shared shower room was constantly flooding, and the rooms were less than clean. While certain staff members were extremely accommodating and wonderful, others were sarcastic and unhelpful. Additionally, the restaurant/bar downstairs is not actually affiliated with the hostel, and you will need to purchase something to sit there. With poor facilities and no real shared spaces (aside from the kitchen), you're better off finding another place to stay.

Bathrooms were a little old (but hey it's a hostel) but always clean. Cleaning woman scrubbed everything down after check out time everyday. Enjoyed the location and proximity to bars but it could get a little loud in the rooms from the street noise (but again it's a hostel) staff was incredible and helpful and the bar downstairs convenient. I would definitely stay here again!

Loved this place. Fancy breakfast. Shower actually had a curtain and "tub" so the water didn't get all over the floor. FREE 2 TOWELS. and not crappy towels. Would definitely come back.

Rude staff, poor wifi, loud in rooms. Only pro was decent sized room and clean bathroom.

• 12th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

Overall no problems. Clean, good facilities, ok location. We walked to city center no problem. I've stayed in nicer places for cheaper, but also the other way around. Would stay again. Our dorm did not have wifi, and there was not a great lounge area (where the wifi did work) Other than that the stay was good.

Nice place with lots of showers and bathrooms, never had to wait.

That is a nice hotel with good location in Neustadt. You have some bars, you have good public transport nearby. The kitchen is good, clean and you have all you need to make your own meal. The only thing they should have to make it even better would be a laundry.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7