Hostel Mondpalast Reviews

Louisenstrasse 77, 01099, Dresden, Germany

This place is really pretty and for 6.50 they do a wicked breakfast! Facilities were pretty spot on. The only negative would be that I stayed at the end of January and I'm pretty sure for my first night there, I was the only person staying in the hostel. Needless to say I didn't make any friends. I'm sure it would be better in peak season.

Hostel is clean, close to the city center and staff is very helpful. I would definitely recommend that.

• 21st Dec 2013
  • India

Excellent location in Dresden Neustadt were all the nighlife happens. There's a nice bar at the ground floor (0,5l beer for 2,70E!). Very friendly and helpful staff, equipped kitchen and clean bathrooms. Cheap parking in the street.

I was cooking in the kitchen and the cleaning Lady told me leave the room because she would like to have here morning brake and don't want to have someone around (not for cleaning). I left and then she was not even using the kitchen. Probably it is better if I would NOT understand German. Total amount to pay on arrival is not the total amount. You have to pay 2 Euro more for bedsheets. Most of the guest are not using the bedsheets because you have to put yourself the linen on a bed.

• 1st Nov 2013

Good hostel, stayed there for one night only, though. Bathroom could be better but it's enough, beds are good. Location is a little far from the main place but you can either walk from 20 minutes or take the underground that's also a bit far from the hostel. Staff is really friendly, the girl from the reception told me all the places I could visit in just one day and was really helpfull.

Hostel itself is quite far from the main train station, but only a 10 minute walk from the "new" station. Upon arrival staff were not very friendly, but as the trip went on we got to know them a bit better and they were helpful. Beds were comfy and the breakfast was pretty standard for a hostel but was filling enough to start the morning. Would stay again.

Good hostel if you want to explore Dresden nightlife. All the bars and nightclubs are around the corner. And to get to the old city is easy by catching the tram. I spend one night only but it was great.

Helpful staff, nice bar, good prices, very nice and exciting rooms. Social hostel, several meeting places at the Hostel. Only thing that could improve would be a TV-room, pooltables etc. More rental bikes would have been appreciated.

Good spot near bars and cafes. Feels more like a cafe than a hostel with downstairs being open to all. Staff answered questions and queries with as little detail as needed, felt like they had other things to do

we really enjoyed our stay at the Hostel Mondpalast. Location in this quarter full of cafés, restaurants and little shops with its lively atmosphere was magnificent. And the "decoration", the colorful paintings in the rooms and corridors, was very nice. All together, an atmosphere to feel like at home. Kindest regards Claudia

• 20th Sep 2013

A decent hostel, very well located. Teeny self-catering kitchen and the common space wasn't fantastic, but dorms were roomy with good lockers

We only needed a room for the night, but everything went smoothly as far as the processes were concerned. We were able to leave our luggage with the hostel until we returned from the city, and check-in was very quick for our tired bones :-). Noise from outside is almost negligible, however, the walls are thin, and we could here people on the corridors easily, but since the hostel is located in a party location, this is what we expected. We didn't check any of their further facilities.

Unfortunately there is barely any atmosphere here for meeting other people here as a solo traveller. The bar at the hostel is mainly frequented by locals. The Neustadt is a great area to stay in though. Staff were accommodating with my enquiries.

Good value.

The facilities were OK, there was a kitchen with a dishwasher (!), stoves, a microwave and a fridge. However, the shower head was broken, and there were no stairs to climb up the bunk bed. There was hair & dust on the ground of the dorm, and the bathroom was not that clean but not dirty either. The receptionist was very friendly. Biggest problem: noise at night (I stayed at the 6-bed dorm, avoid it), even with earplugs, the bass from music is heard (people always crank up the bass too much).

• 24th Aug 2013

The location is great - right in the middle of the good bars / restaurants and the room was a good size. The downsides were the wifi - you constantly have log in, sockets - far away from certain beds and the bar where reception is - its separate to the hostel but you end up spending time there as its convenient. The barman was consistently rude - treated everyone I met staying at the hostel like a complete inconvenience even though we were trying to buy drinks. Made me feel unwelcome.

A great value for money hostel in an interesting student area awash with cool bars, great cafes and a relaxed hip grunge vibe.The staff were very friendly and helpful. Small kitchen is great for the buget. Have stayed before

This hostel is really well located in the Neustadt, which is where all the bars are located and young people hang, though it is not too loud! It is around 20-25 min walk from Dresden-Neustadt train station (don't go to Dresden Hauptbahnhof), but you can take the tram. From the hostel, the old town is about 30 min walk, but it is a nice walk through the Neustadt, or again, you can take the tram. The kitchen was functional, even if small, and the rooms were good! Would definitely stay there again!

this hostel is far from the train station an right now the only way to arrive is walk for half an hour.The rooms were almost clean and the lady in the reception was in a pretty bad mood. I had plenty of problems to do the chekout at 6 am.

A very very nice hostel in the best part of Dresden !

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7