Hostel Mondpalast Reviews

Louisenstrasse 77, 01099, Dresden, Germany

cost more then they stated it would, wich i guess hapens a lot but still is anoying. staff seemed like everybody was having a bad week.. with a small exeption, no 'Hi' no 'good day' no smiles :( atmosphere was wierd, no real interaction with people staying in the hostel, kind of empty, so was the pub.. note that there is NO age limit, i didn't think that would bother me, but there was a school class (or several) staying there at the same time.. got kind of rediculus at some point

The hostel is old and not well maintained. the lockers are too small and tall means u can't fit in large backpacks (those u can hand carry on planes). THe toilet is not en-suite.

The beds were very comfortable and the lockers were huge. People were friendly and nice especially the lady running the adjoining bar in the lobby.

Meh, just okay. Location's pretty good, but it's a tad pricey in my opinion. Also, it may have just been my room/my bed, but it smelled something terrible and my mattress was waay too stained to sleep unhindered by thoughts of their origin.

Basic hostel. A 30 minute walk from town square. Cool cafes and shops nearby. Breakfast was adequate.

I recommend because is clean, big, has kitchen with everything, big lockers, good instalations.

The hostel is located in the most living place of the city. It is surrounded by bars and very nice restaurant. Staff was nice, everything was clean, room where very good. I highly recommend the place!

I never slept in the hostel because hello Dresden, but the breakfast was too expensive. The rooms were super nice though, and the desk people were lovely.

Very friendly staff, large rooms. Beds don't have individual power outlets, but not a big deal. Hostel is well located and easy to walk to (albeit the trek to the old town can seem a bit far in the cold)

Just a very good experience. Friendly staff, very clean hotel, nice facilities with large rooms, a large kitchen and common room. I strongly advise.

• 21st Dec 2014

Fantastic stay here! Very clean and well-run with great facilities. Bit of a walk from main sights but easy to take tram. Discount supermarket a 10 minute walk away which is always handy. Highly recommend!

Great hostel in area of Neu Stadt-good location for party-makers not so good for sightseeing visitors. The atmosphere was good,the hostel has feeling of aletrnative,cultural centre-super. We appreciated nice,new,clean bathrooms and toilets.

I didn't understand why I had to pay again the full value of the booking if I had already payed the deposit by Hostelworld website.

Far from the Altstadt, no frills, but the price is decent.

Extremely loud.

Staff weren't very friendly. Great that hostel had a kitchen but food got thrown out of fridge despite being named and dated. More shelves needed in the fridge. Showers had poor pressure and bathrooms weren't overly clean. Comfortable beds.

Fab hostel, shame we didn't stay longer. Close to the dresden new town nightlife, great people, great staff, great time.

In a cool, studenty area with lots of restaurants and bars. Good kitchen and bathroom facilities. Bikes available for hire. 15 min walk to tourist sites. Would recommend!

The staff was very helpful. However, the check-in and reception area is in a bar area which is very loud at night so that can be a bit frustrating and the staff didn't always seem to be at the desk. You have to pay extra for sheets that weren't even that good, very stiff and uncomfortable. Not a lot of atmosphere. I needed to stay in Dresden another night and I moved to a a different location. Would not stay here again.

While the hostel itself was quite good. Was very clean and had most basics. The staff were appalling. When we arrived at the hostel the woman behind the desk was extremely rude to us and the other people we were with. There isn't enough room to go into detail here but I was not impressed. I'd like to hope that no one from our group chooses to stay here ever again.

• 25th Sep 2014