Hostel Mostel Veliko Tarnovo Reviews

10, Iordan Indjeto str., Veliko Tarnovo, Bulgaria

I loved this hostel! Rooms were really comfortable with lockers. bathrooms were always really clean. The staff were super helpful and breakfast was great! (Dinner is only a 'light' dinner so just bare that in mind). Location was perfect and the tour that the hostel offer to the UFO communist building is one of the best things I've ever done!!!

Had an awesome stay here! Tarnovo was a lovely place to visit and this hostel only added to the experience . I definitely recommend doing the UFO your, one of the highlights of my trip so far despite some vehicle issues. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I recommend this place highly!

Includes simple buffet breakfast, and if you're lucky, French toast. Also includes light dinner. About a 15 minute walk from the centre of town and a five minute walk to the fortress. There's a little general store up the road too. Staff are all energetic, friendly and always happy to help. The highlight is that the hostel runs a tour to the communist UFO building. Highlight of our travels. Do it! Andy, the tour guide, is a legend, and will take you on some next level four-wheel driving!

This is one of my favourite hostels of my trip so far! I enjoyed it so much I extended another night. There's a good breakfast and dinner, a chilled common room and nice terrace which makes it really easy to meet other travelers. The staff are all friendly and helpful and it's within easy walking distance to the main part of the old town. Also, they run a UFO tour most days which is amazing! It was one of the highlights of my trip, well worth the 50lev. I'd definitely stay here again.

Great experience in a small area of Bulgaria! Great location next to the fortress! Welcoming staff and open environment for lone travellers! Would highly recommend! Great staff too!

Awesome place, great tour to ufo must do.

• 10th Aug 2015

Perfect place to stay! The only hostel I've given 100% to. Beautiful location right next to the fortress. Peaceful. Amazing communal areas both inside and outside. Very sociable. Great dinner and breakfast, lots of free beer. Lockers. Staff were so friendly and helpful. The UFO trip was one of the best things I've done travelling so far - 4x4 off-roading, climbing the monument, waterfall, dinner by the river... Great value for money too.

Perfect place! I will always come back with pleasure to this home away from home.

Everything is great, staff are friendly, tour are fantastic and people I meet there was really amazing, everything is soooooo incredible!

This place was amazing. The staff were cool and helpful, they told us about "off the touristic tracks" things to do. The tour guides were amazing (cheers andy !). The hostel itself was nice and clean with a big common room. It is located a bit off the city center but reaaallyyy close to the fortress which is good ! But still, taxis are ridiculously cheap. The only thing would be the lack of air conditioning in the rooms and during the summer (30-35 degrees temperature) it is hot during the night

Very good value for money hostel, especially with breakfast and simple dinner included. Location near the fortress but a bit of a walk up hill into the town.

Lovely, meet nice people's and really friendly staff!

This was a nice hostel, however a little far from the centre, and difficult to find with the windy streets of Veliko Tarnovo. Apart from this we cannot complain, the staff are helpful, rooms are huge and its kept immaculately tidy. Also they can arrange for you to hire cars for very little money to do your own day trips (and the hostel offer them too but we missed the one we wanted to do), definitely visit the UFO monument! One of the highlights of our trip. Thanks for having us!

Definitely one of the best hostels that I've stayed so far.. Great place with really good facilities and a very friendly and helpful staff that will help you with anything that you need!! This is one of the few places that actually offers you a very good and decent breakfast and dinner for FREE!!! Great place to meet people with a very chilling patio and common area to hang out. Highly recommended!!! Worth to mention that they have another hostel in Sofia with the same quality and standards!!

Staff is really nice and breakfast and dinner 4 lev. Which is good! But dinner is depends on the day actually. The location is close to fortress but a bit far from bus/train station. So normally people use taxi. Not so expensive. There is UFO tour. Which is definitely recommended!!! Minimum 4 people so if you are lucky,you can go there. Besides, off road drive so much fun!!!!

Very good location Best staff Clean and helpful Working perfect

This was the best hostel I stayed in during a 6-week trip around the Balkans. I arrived at 7:30pm to find a lavish meal and free beer laid out in the kitchen downstairs; wonderful! If you've ever entertained dreams of living in your own stone villa, this is the place. There are two large outdoor terraces, the rooms are spacious and bathrooms spotless, the setting is wonderfully serene and near the fortress, and Andy runs a fabulous 4WD trip to Buzludzha. This is the best Bulgaria has to offer!

Great staff. It was awesome how it was free breakfast and dinner!

One of the best hostels we have stayed at on all our travels! It was amazing to be greeted with a hot bowl of stew and a cold beer. The staff were helpful and there are plenty of places to chill.

A top hostel to stay in. Very close to the Tsarevets Fortress and the historic area of Veliko Tarnovo. Great value for money and very helpful staff. Price included breakfast and dinner.

View all Veliko Tarnovo Hostels